Please change Immobulus and Giant Eyes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Roxann.9256

Roxann.9256

I just noticed on the trading post that Giant Eyes are up to 4 gold each (and those are the cheapest ones). Immobulus is one of the best looking scepters in the game, but the ability to make it is now impossible given that the drop rate for the Giant Eyes is extremely low and there are only 116 left on the trading post, and the requirement is 250 of them.

I just did the math, and currently the 116 Giant Eyes available on the TP will cost a person approximately 700 gold to buy— as much as a precursor— and they’ll still be 134 eyes short. And given the drop rate of the eyes, there is no way a person could farm the other 134 eyes.

I know that a lot of weapons created in the Mystic Forge require a stack of 250 of some item, but given the horrible drop rate of Giant Eyes, I propose that this requirement for Immobulus be changed. The drop rate for the Giant Eyes needs to be increased (especially since there are 3 other weapons that call for them as well), and please decrease the quantity required for Immobulus down to 25 or 30, something more reasonable.

Immobulus is a beautiful weapon and it shouldn’t be impossible to acquire.

(edited by Roxann.9256)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

It wasn’t a problem before the exodus from Cursed Shore. The number listed on the trading post is not indicative of the total number in the game – put up an aggressive buy order and it’ll get filled.

When I built one about a year ago it took a good 2-3 days to get enough Giant Eyes via buy order; of course, I wasn’t the only one buying and there was some jockeying for the high bid. It might take a bit longer now, but it’s probably still comparable.

I don’t see anything wrong with the price; sure, it’s expensive, but it has always been, and it’s not out of line with other very high end weapons. It’s just seeing the same spike precursors are from the lack of Cursed Shore farming.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Most people don’t know what these even do. Lots are likely in people’s banks.

I made two immobuli… accidentally salvaged the first. It’s an amazing scepter and worth the amount of gold the legendary takes. But I agree that it’s sad that it is likely more rare than the actual legendary scepter!

I think it would be cool if the giant eyes were replaced with an obscene amount of Arah tokens. That would be sweet hehe.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Roxann.9256

Or maybe something like 50 Bloodstone Bricks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Or maybe something like 50 Bloodstone Bricks.

Hehe. Not a bad idea. Could also be a mystic forge gift. Like 50 bricks, 10 giant eyes (some of these is probably a good idea), a dungeon gift or 2? And maybe 50 icy runestones. Gift of immobulus. Expensive but more doable for everyone.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

giant eyes also come out of heavy moldy bag
it has about a 0.07% drop rate, so you’d need about 357,143 bags to get 250 eyes
the bags cost 8s40c, so that will cost you 30,000g
the good news is that you can sell the other materials you get out of the bag for around 29,000g after tax

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

giant eyes only come out of heavy moldy bag

fixed. There is only one way to get giant eyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

giant eyes also come out of heavy moldy bag
it has about a 0.07% drop rate, so you’d need about 357,143 bags to get 250 eyes
the bags cost 8s40c, so that will cost you 30,000g
the good news is that you can sell the other materials you get out of the bag for around 29,000g after tax

This isn’t a joke by the way, when I crafted an Immo I pulled ~50-60 giant eyes out of heavy moldy bags I bought off the TP. Everything you get is so liquid that you can churn through them pretty quickly searching for eyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Roxann.9256

I noticed tonight that the heavy moldy bags are dropping in Malchor’s Leap now, and the number of Giant Eyes on the trading post is up to 209. I doubt they’ve changed the rate that the Eyes will drop from those bags, but at least the bags are no longer only in the Cursed Shore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

most people get them via buying off the TP. I was pointing out that they could buy heavy moldy bags instead.

If I were in need of giant eyes, I would place buy orders for the eyes and for the bags. basically you can get them twice as quickly.
From experience, I can tell you the bag orders are filled very quickly, but it would still take like 2 months to buy 350k of them.
Immobulus is just one of those takes-a-long-time-to-get-and-very-expensive semi-legendary weapons. infinite light used to be what people complained about – the 250 charged lodestones – when charged lodestones were 4g each.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Should not be any more expensive than lodestones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Eventually something will be implemented causing the giant eye market to somewhat drop like what happened with loadstones.

Säïnt

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

You’re not wrong. In two years of playing this game i have managed to obtain 5 giant eyes from loot drops.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. If you really, REALLY need it now, then save up and buy it. If not, or if you can live without it, then just wait and see. Who knows, ANet just might include a new way of getting Giant Eyes one day down the line. Look at Charged Lodestones, for example. It used to be where Giant Eyes are now, yet even with the new Collections and items using Lodestones, prices have lowered. (Thanks to a combination of Champ Bags and Dust Mites having a relatively high drop rate of Lodestones.)

Immobulus is on my “wish-list”, but I don’t need it THAT urgently. It’s one of those things that I’ll buy if I’ve already achieved my other aesthetic goals and I have nothing more to spend my money on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

All of the legendary weapons require 250 of something incredibly rare, which is a preposterous grind as it is. What they should change is not the rarity of the eyes, but the grind required for a legendary. It should be a proof of skill, and not of the size of your wallet.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

never seen those items too (with the exception of TP). maybe people still have some in their banks, but if they’re not selling its basically like not having that quantity available.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I have 22 – all farmed since beta.. This is gonna take a while before I get my stack.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I have 1 since beta. I don’t think I’ll ever get a stack.
Maybe Anet could consider making them have a slim chance to drop from actual giants, and psuedo-giants in Orr (since they don’t count for giant slayer).
It wouldn’t be a huge increase in supply but at least it would turn this slow drip of giant eyes into a trickle.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Zaxares in the past has claimed they very rarely drop from basilisks (rarely as in the way that lodestones drop from sparks). He also claimed it’s a rare drop from killing the Sand Giant in dry top. Take it for what you will, I’ve not verified whether it’s correct; I’m just putting it out there as information on the table.

But even if you take these locations into consideration, the drop rate of giant eyes is indeed ridiculously low.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I remember trying to craft the lidless eye. I did NOTHING but kill all the giants I could find, in every location, mainly down in orr. I got one…ONE. I did this for about…2.5 weeks. I understand they are a rare drop, maybe people have better chances with higher magic find, mine was around 150% when I used boosters. But still, those things should not be that rare, I don’t see how they are even on the trading post!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Zaxares in the past has claimed they very rarely drop from basilisks (rarely as in the way that lodestones drop from sparks). He also claimed it’s a rare drop from killing the Sand Giant in dry top. Take it for what you will, I’ve not verified whether it’s correct; I’m just putting it out there as information on the table.

But even if you take these locations into consideration, the drop rate of giant eyes is indeed ridiculously low.

You must be misremembering my posts.

1. The claim that they drop from (high-level) Basilisks was me repeating a claim that someone else on these forums made. I stressed that this was not something I have ever seen myself and thus was unverified, but I decided it was worth mentioning, since few players go out of their way to kill Basilisks.

2. I suggested that ANet should make it so the Sand Giant in Dry Top drops Giant Eyes, as a way to encourage players to fight him. He’s currently woefully ignored in just about all maps, since low-tier maps don’t have the numbers to fight him, and high-tier maps are more interested in farming Geodes than wasting time with him.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I agree! The drop rate on Giants eyes are either stupidly low or people are hoarding them without knowledge.

The total Giants Eyes I have EVER gotten via drop was 2… LOL

EDIT : I have actually been meaning to make Immobulus for one of my MLP RP toons.
At the time it went for 1Gold +/- per Giants eye and about 850G for the complete weapon. Not its A LOT more, like 3500G or something.

Ridiculous drop rate for sure.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

the most beautiful scepter in the game ?

Eye Of Rodgort > Immobulus

if you want a pretty purple scepter with some ‘’ stars ’’ particle effect get a Wintersday Princess wand skin

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Gaile, please! Help us gather up some information about Giant Eyes and their drop rates!

Zojja would not be proud of Anet for holding back technology that Teyo, and the Inquest, already have to make her Floating Grizwhirl. After all, it was our team that won the Snaff Prize!

[&AgF2UwAA] <~~~Unacceptable!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Prehaps we’ll get a new zone one day where the drop rate is higher and they can drop directly from more mobs?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com