Precursor Hunt Datamined

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Courtesy of that_shaman @ reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1qh40g/data_mining_upcoming_features_from_the_nightmares/

Scroll to the bottom.

Sell your precursors!!! Buy your T6, lodes and globs! Get your map completion and badges!
Everybody panic!!

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

(edited by Vol.5241)

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Inc Zommoros rage in 3.. 2.. 1..

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

that_shaman “There’s more legendary stuff! Ill update this post soon.”

keep an eye out

[Permabanned on Forums]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Crap. Time to unload all these precursors I’ve been hoarding/manipulating.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Was just going to say … pvp did not excite me personally much … but heh, let’s wait and … I mean sell out now while you can!!!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

So I’m not in game, does anyone know what those codes show? Are they books?

I wonder what the Legend books are. I doubt it’ll be a separate alternative legendary recipe – maybe it’ll give some background lore to the weapon?

[Permabanned on Forums]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Ahahahahahahahaha.

I can’t wait until the disappointment and tears which will undoubtedly happen when people discover that the precursor hunt is going to be RIDICULOUSLY grindy.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Ahahahahahahahaha.

I can’t wait until the disappointment and tears which will undoubtedly happen when people discover that the precursor hunt is going to be RIDICULOUSLY grindy.

It will be. And there will be many tears shed.

But it will no doubt bring in many players who will now think they can get a legendary, and they will commit to it. And then they will pay for their t6/lodes and other materials at largely marked-up prices

[Permabanned on Forums]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Everything is ridculously grindy as it stands. Having a desirable reward at the end of it will make it more tolerable.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

It may eliminate the need for some MF gambling in the long run.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Hopefully this precursor hunt will take more effort than grinding out 700 gold

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Hopefully this precursor hunt will take more effort than grinding out 700 gold

I could see the value of the precursor dropping down by 20-30%, so a 800 dusk (sorry I don’t know prices now) could go down 560-640g.

I could definitely see there being a time-grind for the precursor (but no time-gates).

John Smith is very adament about not shocking markets, and with such a lucrative market in terms of precursors, I could see them being very careful with it. We could have some new items being introduced that would take awhile to grind out since they have low drop rates (think lodestones)

[Permabanned on Forums]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

[Permabanned on Forums]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

I’m at work. I need screenshots, stat!

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

I feel like the cute quaggan finisher is the most important thing.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

Quite looking forward to it, to be honest – will give me something to do, even if I could buy the precursor outright.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

grind will still be better than flushing your gold away

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

honestly, i get the grindy stuff – it’s fun to build and keep building your character- the only thing that gets me about grind is when you want stuff ‘only’ for pvp in wvw – if it were just for pve – that would be cool – because then it would be a symbol of accomplishment, not a stat advantage.

If anet actually sold just the effects in pvp /wvw for an spvp type locker – that would be great because it has nothing to do with stats – and would add eye candy to the game.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Better to be grindy than the bullkitten RNG system we have currently.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Better to be grindy than the bullkitten RNG system we have currently.

Sliiiighty off-topic, but one of the things that always fascinated me is the somewhat arbitrary distinction people make of creating an item themselves, and buying it off another player over the TP.

There’s always been a way around the RNG, the TP. If you absolutely abhor RNG, you could always grind gold to buy your precursor. And yet it’s a fact that people almost always tend to ignore whenever RNG is discussed.

Interesting, interesting.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

morrolan.9608

There’s always been a way around the RNG, the TP. If you absolutely abhor RNG, you could always grind gold to buy your precursor. And yet it’s a fact that people almost always tend to ignore whenever RNG is discussed.

The precursor I want is out of my reach without doing an endless champ farm, which is too repetively grindy.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

The precursor I want is out of my reach without doing an endless champ farm, which is too repetively grindy.

But then that is a different complaint than the RNG you complain about in your previous post.

You don’t like long, repetitive grind. You don’t like RNG. I hypothesize that the precursor hunt is most likely going to be the former.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Attachments:

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

At this point I’m going to hold off and see the new legendary weapons before making any decisions. I don’t want to waste a ton of money and grind to make a precursor if it isn’t even going to be used for the new weapons.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

ANET already knows that we datamine every single update of theirs. I can’t help but wonder if they are using that knowledge to their benefit, by manipulating us into believing the precursor quests are closer to happening than they really are. It’s not very hard for them to make up items quickly and toss them in the code right before release.

PREDICTION: The precursor hunt will span over several releases. You’ll have to do a little bit here and there to progress over the course of like 6 – 7 releases. #InBeforeQQing

Wisdom through suffering.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

ANET already knows that we datamine every single update of theirs. I can’t help but wonder if they are using that knowledge to their benefit, by manipulating us into believing the precursor quests are closer to happening than they really are. It’s not very hard for them to make up items quickly and toss them in the code right before release.

PREDICTION: The precursor hunt will span over several releases. You’ll have to do a little bit here and there to progress over the course of like 6 – 7 releases. #InBeforeQQing

If you know about datamining then you should know that they put things in gradually and it doesn’t necessarily mean that the thing in question is coming soon. LFG first showed up in the datamining about 5 months before it actually launched.

precursor hunt is certainly getting closer, but it could still be many months away.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So I’m not in game, does anyone know what those codes show? Are they books?

I wonder what the Legend books are. I doubt it’ll be a separate alternative legendary recipe – maybe it’ll give some background lore to the weapon?

Seems like they might be similar to the EotN story books. Maybe you complete all the stuff in the book and they exchange the completed book for the item.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Quaggan finisher op!

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

morrolan.9608

You don’t like long, repetitive grind. You don’t like RNG. I hypothesize that the precursor hunt is most likely going to be the former.

Yes but given the choice I prefer grind to RNG which is line with my original comment, and grind doesn’t have to be as repetitive as the champ farms are.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Yes but given the choice I prefer grind to RNG which is line with my original comment, and grind doesn’t have to be as repetitive as the champ farms are.

You can grind dungeons. Grind world events. Grind Orr, even. Grind, even now, doesn’t have to be as repetitive as the champ farms are.

Nothing will change. You used to be able to grind for a precursor before. Afterwards, you’ll be able to grind for it in a different method, and there’s no guarantee you’ll like this new method.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Yeeeeesssshhhh. I will buy it regardless of price (=^_^=)

Are you Shpongled?

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

why do i get this feeling that:
precursors will be craftable
only in pvp, for pvp… xD and that old/new legendaries will be in pvp (craftable! just like asked)
Just like we technically got new skill(s),
Antitoxin Spray!
utility, only in pve/wvw.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Cant be worse than grinding a precursor currently :p
Like i always say in-game: “pff, precursor drop are a myth and urban legend created by trolls with link code!”

On the other hand, mystic forge seem to be the best source… RNG must love you!

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Cant be worse than grinding a precursor currently :p

It can.

Assuming the scavenge hunt for all the weapons are relatively equal, it most definitely will be worse for precursors like Venom, as I imagine the scavenge hunt will require value very similar to what Dusk is at right now.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Ahahahahahahahaha.

I would love to agree with you. However, ANet has been notorious for underestimating their playerbase with respect to their projected completion timeframes.

Whatever they are currently projecting in terms of effort to complete the hunt, unless they increase those efforts tenfold, and then double it again for good measure, it’s unlikely it’ll be the grind that you and I anticipate and expect.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

More options is better. If you don’t want to do this to get Venom because it’s cheap, then just buy venom.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

I would love to agree with you. However, ANet has been notorious for underestimating their playerbase with respect to their projected completion timeframes.

Verily true. I won’t say underestimate though. I’d call it an utter lack of sense of scale in terms of reward structure.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Whatever they are currently projecting in terms of effort to complete the hunt, unless they increase those efforts tenfold, and then double it again for good measure, it’s unlikely it’ll be the grind that you and I anticipate and expect.

It’s all relative really. No matter what the hunt involves, the casual players will take a long time to complete it and the hardcore players will have one in a week.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

I assume parts of it are gonna be time locked

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How do people interpret this as precursor hunt? Just curious.

The datamined information only mentions using legendary skins in PvP by turning in shards (no doubt you get them from tPvP). That’s not a precursor hunt. In fact it has zero to do with precursors.

The info with the rusty BL chest doesnt even imply a precursor hunt, just another cheap way to get us to spend money on gems.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

How do people interpret this as precursor hunt? Just curious.

The datamined information only mentions using legendary skins in PvP by turning in shards (no doubt you get them from tPvP). That’s not a precursor hunt. In fact it has zero to do with precursors.

The info with the rusty BL chest doesnt even imply a precursor hunt, just another cheap way to get us to spend money on gems.

Scroll to the bottom where it says codes and read the info in parentheses. Click on it to see the full list.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet is manipulating the Legendary market!

Oh wait…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Was just re-reading the Reddit thread again… What if the Rusty Black Lion chest were a way to possibly get previously “lost” item skins again, like the Jetpack or the Monocle or, heck, even meta rewards like the Sclerite backpiece?

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Who knows what its purpose is, all I know is it smells fishy.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

aren t those PvP legendaries?
I.E. tied to PvP and unusable in PvE-WWW?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zero Day.2594

:D could you image that the books are RNG based (as bad as current precursors)…
:D so effectively they haven’t done anything.

Join the TEEFs!

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

I suspect they will be a more common drop than precursors. More on the order of exotics.

Though it does call into question if they are listening at all… I mean the whole thing we didn’t like about them was the RNG… so now they implement an RNG method to get the crafting recipe…

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zero Day.2594

I suspect they will be a more common drop than precursors. More on the order of exotics.

Though it does call into question if they are listening at all… I mean the whole thing we didn’t like about them was the RNG… so now they implement an RNG method to get the crafting recipe…

We can only wait and see… I don’t think it will be pleasant though… Considering they did Time Gate ascended… so it’s within the realms possibilities that it’s time gated, RNG based (as bad as precursors/ascended), or something else that’s also artificially prevents the player at getting the precursor at their own rates.
Best case scenario: You purchase the book (not with gems!). The fee doesn’t matter that much at this point, as the fee will go into the overall cost of the legendary. (I shouldn’t say it doesn’t matter… please don’t make it 600g, make it something less… at most 100g)

Though, I’m looking forward to the worst case scenario, in where they say “Oh, look we gave you exactly what you want! You can craft a precursor, so long as you buy this book from the gem shop (or RNG it. or wait 2-9weeks to get it, or …)”

Join the TEEFs!

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

People don’t dislike RNG. People dislike miniscule odds of getting what they want.

If they were an RNG drop but were so common that they were valued at like 2s on the trading post, I highly doubt anyone will be complaining about “RNG.”

Precursor Hunt Datamined

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The mined data says that the recipes will be found anywhere a precursor can drop, so if they are even remotely as rare as a precursor then the whole thing is moot