Precursor Manipulation

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Remix.2086

Remix.2086

So I’m sure some of you have noticed the most sought after precursors being completely bought out. Making a legendary is now definitely impossible. I see 3-4 people in map chat complaining that their precursor isn’t for sale.

I myself have been watching Dusk for some time now. One day they’ll be 10 for sale, the next day, none. They are most definitely being manipulated.

It’s obvious to who is manipulating them. Who else would have money to buy out every single precursor? Maybe the same type of person who can craft Twilight and still have 500g-ish left over to post it for sale at 9500g.

Gold Sellers.

I know why you didn’t implement a face to face trade system. To prevent the ease of gold selling. Now, the players are suffering from the ultimate end-game goal, a legendary. Some players were lucky enough to buy their precursors after the Karka Event. Most were not lucky enough.

So, because Arena Net does not seem to be winning in this battle against the gold sellers, I suggest they implement a face to face trade option. This would level out the market again and crush the ever lasting profit the gold sellers are making off precursors.

Also, they still win if you delete/ban their accounts because you indefinitely deleted the items and gold they had on that account. Making the economy even more messed up.

Guild Wars had a face to face trade option, and you never heard of manipulation on the game. It is near impossible to buy out 1 item in the game with a face to face trade interface.

Having only 1 means to buy your items from other players never ends well.

A prime example, (I’m not comparing the games, just the interfaces) Runescape put limits on face to face trade to stop gold selling and added The Grand Exchange (The Trading Post, basically). There were entire guilds/clans buying out the high level items, waiting for the price to increase and dumping them all. Making tremendous profits for the entire guild/clan.

What the gold sellers are doing is, buying out the precursors and waiting for some desperate person to post outrageously high buy order, so that they can make profit.

Now, the scavenger hunt idea will make getting precursors easier. Also, making them cheaper. Except, the T6 materials required for crafting a legendary.

Let’s say there’s 10,000 onyx lodestones on the market at any given time. Someone with 20 slot bags and the default bank space could hold 130 stacks of 250. Which is 32,500 Lodestones. Now, we also know that gold sellers have tons of accounts. 1 account could buy out 1-2 types of lodestones.

Now, this sounds radical and out of this world. Except, non-gold-selling players have bought legendaries for thousands of gold. The amount of gold these sellers have seems infinite. The only thing stopping them from buying out T6 materials is, the precursor market is still good.

So please, Implement the old school face to face trade interface. So that we no longer have to worry about how much our precursor will go up this week. The trading post will still be used for selling items fast and cross server. Now we can trade without the TP and not be afraid if the person we sent 200g too will send back that precursor (trading via mail).

[MR] Mist Raiders
Sucks to Suck

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Legendary weapons are NOT some ultimate end game goal! They are long term goal!

Most of you still dont get it

There are already hundereds players with Legendaries, I would say thousands by now. Anet already stated that they players were achieving Legendaries faster than expected soo…

So these high prices are infact what Areanet welcome.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anarion.3678

Anarion.3678

Arena, aren’t you ashamed deleting the posts containing truth?

Just once again: yes, the market for precursors is manipulated by a bunch of people, who sell only a small number of them at a time and CONTINUOUSLY putting the price up, and you know it. You do nothing about it so far for whatever reason, may be, because it suits you well – people will need to buy gems.

Kacigarka, I’m sorry, but you’re the one who don’t get it You probably don’t even know what’s happening in the market of precursors, how much the price was 8, 4 or 2 weeks ago and how much it is now.

One guys in another thread posted a very relevant example – a kitty trying to catch it’s tail. You farm 10g a day – precursor goes up 20g the next one. Farm more. Moooooooaaaarrrr.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

Just once again: yes, the market for precursors is manipulated by a bunch of people, who sell only a small number of them at a time and CONTINUOUSLY putting the price up, and you know it. You do nothing about it so far for whatever reason, may be, because it suits you well – people will need to buy gems.

Kacigarka, I’m sorry, but you’re the one who don’t get it You probably don’t even know what’s happening in the market of precursors, how much the price was 8, 4 or 2 weeks ago and how much it is now.

One guys in another thread posted a very relevant example – a kitty trying to catch it’s tail. You farm 10g a day – precursor goes up 20g the next one. Farm more. Moooooooaaaarrrr.

I know very well I would say better than you with those 1350 hours played + slowly working on my second legendary. I know that some players are tryeing to incease the prices of precursor by buying the low priced ones, relist them for high prices. Or buy almost all the supply, wait few days so the order goes higher. But the price increse in last 2 months is caused by lower supply.

But thats nothing ilegal, thats trading. I did buy 2 precursors like lover, chosen for 100g and sold them 2x higher. That doesnt mean I am some hacker, I just took the risk and made profit

And btw .. I dont know if you buy-out precursors, but I think Order is better option

20g a day in price increase? What precursor are you talking about, they are relatively stable in prices …

Legend … http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29169

Lover … http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29178

Dusk … http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29185

So no … the prices are NOT increasing by 20 gold in a day stop making up stuff please

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Predator.1398

Predator.1398

20g a day in price increase, what precursor are you talking about, they are relatively stable in prices …

So no … the prices are NOT increasing by 20 gold in a day stop making up stuff please

Oh come on… Dusk was ~500g a week ago and it was ~600g today. It’s +20% per week.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

mmm i dont see your problem i personal knew after karka event that precursors would fall so i bought maybe 11 now there back to normal price i call that being smart supply vs demand dont they teach this in economics you wait for the idiots that are impatient to sell theres then when there all gone you put the price you want its a very easy to see business choice. Punishing smart people mmm i dont think so

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Anarion.3678

Omg, of course I exaggerated by saying 20g a day. It wasn’t like this EVERYDAY.

But the idea is still the same – it’s going up, and going up considerably. You can see the increase on the graphs you provided yourself. Predator stated it as well.

I don’t care, how legal/illegal it is to control the whole market for the most desirable things., but this is not how it is supposed to be. That’s a fact. Something needs to be changed/added, otherwise the price for Dusk, for example, would reach 1k by the end of January, while the ways of earning money stay at the same rate.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Anarion.3678

mmm i dont see your problem i personal knew after karka event that precursors would fall so i bought maybe 11 now there back to normal price i call that being smart supply vs demand dont they teach this in economics you wait for the idiots that are impatient to sell theres then when there all gone you put the price you want its a very easy to see business choice. Punishing smart people mmm i dont think so

Yes-yes, you are the smart one, take a cookie

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Izuna.5307

Yes-yes, you are the smart one, take a cookie

no no thats how Vader Took Over The Republic

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

There is strong suspicion that gold seller cartels are buying up all the precursors to craft the legendaries to sell at increased profit. True or not, it’s not in the realms of implausible. Gives them an outlet for all the mats their bots farm.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

I stopped reading when you blamed the gold sellers.

Mate, it’s all the power traders, get it to your head.
Destroying the market for everyone else, but who cares? they sit on thousands of gold.

1+1 = potato

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I stopped reading when you blamed the gold sellers.

Mate, it’s all the power traders, get it to your head.
Destroying the market for everyone else, but who cares? they sit on thousands of gold.

yeah essentially they are playing the legendary game amongst themselves. Im fine with having some things for these types of players but having the only long term goals be essentially for only the rich players who play the TP/buygold/grind like no tommorrow is a bad game design.

I think they should make precursors into a long quest chain, or involve doing specific DE chains over time. there is enough other reqs to still make it a legendary grind without the precursor part.

For the TP gold man types i think they should introduce some items specifically designed for rich types.

items designed specifically to show off your money, leaving gold footprints or dropping gold,
special suits made of sparkly matterials
money clip weapons
commander like token, except it shows a dolar sign, or bag of gold on the map.

killing someone like this in WvWvW should give you extra gold or loot chance.

etc, may sound like im joking, but i think this would be acceptable types of visual items to show you are a master of money/achieve that type of playstyle.

It is not appropriate for the only endgame content to be the sole baliwick of the extremely rich.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

20g a day in price increase, what precursor are you talking about, they are relatively stable in prices …

Oh come on… Dusk was ~500g a week ago and it was ~600g today. It’s +20% per week.

Looking at Dusk, where for the past week the number of buy orders have been sitting around the 5k mark, do you think that the price movements would be much different if the supply wasn’t controlled by one person? Or if there were 5 or 10 times the numbers available for sale? I personally doubt there would be a significant difference.

The item is in low supply yet has high demand, this may allow one person to capture the majority of supply, but if you look at the daily view of the chart, the price rises and falls over the course of 24 hours, indicating that if this person/cartel exists, they don’t control all of the supply.

Also note that the highest buy prices are also moving, indicating that people are prepared to pay large sums for this item. Again, in the last 24 hours, these prices have been moving up and down, so it’s likely that some of these orders are being filled.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

The problem isn’t price manipulation by a select few. That’s what a player run economy is all about (not that i like it).

The problem is that legendaries are based on RNG and farming gold, instead of a long and intricate quest chain involving playing every aspect of the game. World completion is a nice beginning step, but it needs to be expanded on so that purchasing gold or even the legendary itself are not options.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Once the scavenger hunt process starts, all Precursor prices will plummet far more than after the Karka chest. So if you’re patient, you can get what you want for reasonable prices.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

Once the scavenger hunt process starts, all Precursor prices will plummet far more than after the Karka chest. So if you’re patient, you can get what you want for reasonable prices.

Have they said when this was going to be put in? There are a number of things that still need to get addressed in this game and I have my doubts that stuff like will get addressed any time soon.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’d rather wait till they add new ones that aren’t tainted. I have lost all desire to obtain the current legendaries even though I have the means. “yes!…I’m a tp player..wait no I’m not…..wth?…..ppl in la know me enough as is…..don’t need a weapon to prove I live there”

Serenity now~Insanity later

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

The problem isn’t price manipulation by a select few. That’s what a player run economy is all about (not that i like it).

The problem is that legendaries are based on RNG and farming gold, instead of a long and intricate quest chain involving playing every aspect of the game. World completion is a nice beginning step, but it needs to be expanded on so that purchasing gold or even the legendary itself are not options.

THATS Only problem for you. I dont enjoy quests and I didnt enjoy story quest in Guild Wars 2 at all. I am okey with the way Legendary weapons are now… So yea, only you see problem in it and kind of players like you. NOT EVERYONE …

Legendary weapons are just rare crafted weapons. CRAFTED. Nothing else. Please, realize that fact already.

Or should I do some epic chain quest to craft my armor, corrupted weapons or whatever too? No I dont …

Legendary is just higher tier .. Nothing else, still crafted weapon. Not weapons sent by gods.

There is already fixed Recipe for The Legendary weapons and that is not going to be changed, maybe little bit tweaked like scavanger hunt. Thats all. So you should start working on it or give up

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Yeah… I’m really hoping the Legendary Armor use the Gift of Mastery and NOTHING ELSE seen in the current recipies.

The Gift of Fortune has become nothing more than a gold check.

The unique Item Gifts are ok-ish – being based off of dungeon runs, crafting, and a FIXED gold check (100g for the icy runestones). Then they go completely off the rails with that insane grind for lodestones/dubloons if you actually try to do the harvesting yourself. Yet another ‘play the market or be fool in the service of those who do’ step.

The precurrsors have proven to be grossly flawed concept – scrap that kitty-litter.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

Yeah… I’m really hoping the Legendary Armor use the Gift of Mastery and NOTHING ELSE seen in the current recipies.

The unique Item Gifts are ok-ish – being based off of dungeon runs, crafting, and a FIXED gold check (100g for the icy runestones). Then they go completely off the rails with that insane grind for lodestones/dubloons if you actually try to do the harvesting yourself. Yet another ‘play the market or be fool in the service of those who do’ step.

The precurrsors have proven to be grossly flawed concept – scrap that kitty-litter.

Gift of ’’Fortune’’ … Fortune stands for ’’luck’’ ’’wealth’’ so ye, that was intended .. to be around a money and luck

Nothing to complain about

Only some of the players, those who can achive the Legendary see it as flawed concept, broken, etc. But there are thousands of player who have Legendaries or almost done with them. By legit ways.

If they managed it, everyone can So stop complaining 24/7 pls

Btw .. there is a response by Anets dev who said that nothing is wrong with high prices of precursor because they are so rare and so demanded

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

I didn’t say it was misnamed. I said it was a gold check. Rather than the harvesting check it looks like on paper.

At this point ANet might want to consider having a few less player-controled variable gold checks in their so-called endgame. At least as they move forward.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Btw .. there is a response by Anets dev who said that nothing is wrong with high prices of precursor because they are so rare and so demanded

Really? You and I remember the Dev comments on the topic very differently…

“We’ve received a large amount of feedback about Legendaries becoming unreachable. This is actually a topic we’ve been tracking for quite some time. To ease your minds I am here to say that it’s something we’ve been watching and we’ve been listening to your feedback. You can expect to begin to see changes addressing the issue starting with our next build.”

“I am definitely working on the precursor scavenger hunt, but like others have said, things like this take time and I want to get it right. Not to mention, it’s not the only thing on my plate. Please do not expect to see the precursor scavenger hunt in the next patch. I may be awesome, but I am still only human and this is a fairly large amount of work to get done and done right. Please be patient!”

Those are not the actions of a staff happy with the current trajectory.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I just hope precursors stealthily become account bound so the people who hoard precursors for no other reason than to manipulate the market get screwed.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Anarion.3678

I noticed that the people who are happy about current situation are either of those:
1) Bought precursor in september
2) Buying gold from gold-sellers
3) Buying a ton of gems
4) Made a fortune in september/october, when the prices were low
5) Don’t care about legendary at all
6) Doing/done the legendary, which requires a cheap precursor

Relax guys, it doesn’t concern you then.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

Precursors won’t become account bound. This game is free to play thus Anet needs the game to have desirable in game items people want and are willing to buy lots of money in gems for. People usually aren’t willing to spend all the much if the items you can buy are purely cosmetic only in nature.

The precursors could have been worked into something along the lines of map completely or story completion where you got to choose one precursor at the end of a long quest chain that was bind on pickup. The reason it wasn’t added is pretty obvious if you look at the signs.

Anet’s quick response to money making exploits while they have incredibly long response time to any other in game issues. The constant war they seem to be having on BoT’s and Gold selling companies with more active measures taken against them then in other MMO’s, even when it starts to effect normal gamers with the DR’s hitting anyone trying to farm their way to a precursor legitimately.

The issue is not that they don’t want you to waste your money or buy gold. They want you to buy gold from them, not a goldseller company. If all the most desirable items in game could easily be obtained without buying any gems it would hit Anet’s income hard, almost to the point of it being non existent.

Also Anet isn’t going to listen much to those suggesting they take measure to prevent people from trading cash for gold at their shop. If you choose not to do it whatever they already got your 60 bucks why on earth should they listen to what you have to say your not giving them any more income just because you got 1500+ hours gametime.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

I noticed that the people who are happy about current situation are either of those:
1) Bought precursor in september
2) Buying gold from gold-sellers
3) Buying a ton of gems
4) Made a fortune in september/october, when the prices were low
5) Don’t care about legendary at all
6) Doing/done the legendary, which requires a cheap precursor

Relax guys, it doesn’t concern you then.

Sorry but you are so wrong.. i’m not one of the above and i’m stil happy with the current system. I AM farming to get my equipment, i’m doing the daily’s on all my dungeons to get gold/xp/karma. i’m ASKING for help from guilding with some things.
It’s MENT to be hard. We are “only” 3-4 months into the game and I can’t walk in LA without seeing 6-7 twilights and sunrises. They are already way too common. IMO they should even be harder to obtain.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

Sorry but you are so wrong.. i’m not one of the above and i’m stil happy with the current system. I AM farming to get my equipment, i’m doing the daily’s on all my dungeons to get gold/xp/karma. i’m ASKING for help from guilding with some things.
It’s MENT to be hard. We are “only” 3-4 months into the game and I can’t walk in LA without seeing 6-7 twilights and sunrises. They are already way too common. IMO they should even be harder to obtain.

The current system involving precursors is not hard. Unless a test of patience is considered hard. Winning at a casino is not considered hard. Winning the lotto is not considered hard. Anything based completely off of chance does not fall in the realm of difficulty. It doesn’t even fall in the realm of work.

Only people like you seem to care if someone else has a legendary. Which is hysterical that someone would care so much about what someone else in-game has does indeed display a deep-rooted false sense of elitism, jealousy, and envy. But can’t defend it’s position with any failed narrative other than “it’s supposed to be rare”.

Completely remove the fact that the parts of crafting a legendary aren’t necessarily hard but are indeed time consuming and still have measurable progress, even clovers. Truly, the precursor part is the only odd ball out from everything else that goes into making one.

The reason why you see so many Twilights/Sunrises is a two-fold reason. General consensus dictates that both the quality of the skin and the amount of classes that can use GS trump all of the other legendaries, both in terms of aesthetics and the amount of classes that can use a similar weapon. But it’s mostly about the looks. Secondly that most Twilights/Sunrises you see are on players who had purchased their precursor back in September for 1/8th to 1/10th the cost they are now.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

colossus went up from sub 200 to 450g in like 2 weeks, alone last night it raised from 330g to 450g. The market manipulators need to be permanently banned. It makes many people quit the game.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Worth One Million.5247

Worth One Million.5247

I’ve been saving gold as I can since launch and two days ago I finally purchased my precursor. Dawn for 419g. It’s not impossible. That being said I still have a long way to go to get my Legendary. Am I upset about it? No. Yes the grind is miserable and I’m sure most of you don’t like to do it. I’m doing it for the satisfaction. I feel like a lot of you are forgetting that most of these “Legendaries” don’t have super amazing stats. Since I own my precursor now I guess I can go ahead and tell you a secret as well. The precursor is the least of your worries. Trust me. You’ll have a lot more than just an exotic weapon to worry about if you want your legendary. And my opinion on it? I’m happy with the way it is, but wouldn’t mind a change either.

(edited by Worth One Million.5247)

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kacigarka.5176

I’ve been saving gold as I can since launch and two days ago I finally purchased my precursor. Dawn for 419g. It’s not impossible. That being said I still have a long way to go to get my Legendary. Am I upset about it? No. Yes the grind is miserable and I’m sure most of you don’t like to do it. I’m doing it for the satisfaction. I feel like alot of you are forgetting that most of these “Legendaries” don’t have super amazing stats. And my opinion on it? I’m happy with the way it is, but wouldn’t mind a change either.

Listen to this man. He has more wisdom than most of you complaining players have together.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Izuna.5307

colossus went up from sub 200 to 450g in like 2 weeks, alone last night it raised from 330g to 450g. The market manipulators need to be permanently banned. It makes many people quit the game.

you sir are a complete and uter kitten kitten you want the smart people to get banned because you were to stupid to invest in something god idiots always want something Go study up in economics

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

you sir are a complete and uter kitten kitten you want the smart people to get banned because you were to stupid to invest in something god idiots always want something Go study up in economics

Its not smart, its asocial to do this. But I guess I will also have to blame Anet for designing faulty mechanics which give asocial people so much power over the economy (of rare items).

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

The amount of listings and sales of certain high-in-demand precursors (Dawn, Dusk, Legend, Colossus) is fairly low each month, and Arenanet could surely keep track if lets say..90% of the transactions concerning Dusk were occurring by 1 person or being bought out and relisted by 1 or 2 person.

This talk about manipulation with precursors or by gold sellers is right now, complete speculation. In setting baseless market conspiracies aside, the truth is in all likelihood a lot simpler: As the game gets older and players gradually become seasoned and acquire wealth—more and more of them will be pursuing their Legendary. Certainly there are a lot more people working towards their Legendary TODAY, than there were 2 months ago. And as more players begin this journey, they will likewise look to acquire their precursor, thus increasing the demand and their value. Sunrise and Bifrost are more desirable than the Moot or Meteorologicus.

This is precisely why other precursors (Storm, Energizer, ect) aren’t being sold for 500 gold, because the demand is lower. Its that simple. There is zero evidence to support the notion of precursor manipulation, or that a few people are hoarding the majority of these items. After all, if there were, why haven’t they gone into the other precursor markets? The Moot precursor (Energizer) sells for about 35 gold, there are only 20 of them on the market,, the whole supply could be bought out for roughly 900 gold (or for roughly the cost of 2.5 dusks). Theoretically, the Energizer is as rare as Dusk or Dawn in terms of drop %, or coming from the mystic forge. Why haven’t all these Energizers been bought out and relisted for 250 gold each? ANSWER: Because there is no manipulation going on.

(edited by Sunreva.8714)

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Izuna.5307

Its not smart, its asocial to do this. But I guess I will also have to blame Anet for designing faulty mechanics which give asocial people so much power over the economy (of rare items).

nothing wrong with the mechanics supply vs demand and how is asocial have anything to do with this i invested in precursors after karka event now there back to normal i sell how is that being asocial?

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

evo.8640

Sunreva tends to believe that manipulation happens on items people don’t want. Especially not rare ones.

The irony.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This talk about manipulation with precursors or by gold sellers is right now, complete speculation. In setting baseless market conspiracies aside, the truth is in all likelihood a lot simpler: As the game gets older and players gradually become seasoned and acquire wealth—more and more of them will be pursuing their Legendary. Certainly there are a lot more people working towards their Legendary TODAY, than there were 2 months ago. And as more players begin this journey, they will likewise look to acquire their precursor, thus increasing the demand and their value. Sunrise and Bifrost are more desirable than the Moot or Meteorologicus.

This is precisely why other precursors (Storm, Energizer, ect) aren’t being sold for 500 gold, because the demand is lower. Its that simple. There is zero evidence to support the notion of precursor manipulation, or that a few people are hoarding the majority of these items. After all, if there were, why haven’t they gone into the other precursor markets? The Moot precursor (Energizer) sells for about 35 gold, there are only 20 of them on the market,, the whole supply could be bought out for roughly 900 gold (or for roughly the cost of 2.5 dusks). Theoretically, the Energizer is as rare as Dusk or Dawn in terms of drop %, or coming from the mystic forge. Why haven’t all these Energizers been bought out and relisted for 250 gold each? ANSWER: Because there is no manipulation going on.

Really? I take it you are not in a large guild. I in fact do know there is manipulation going on. Why? Because I have participated in it with a guildy of mine who does it all the time. A lot of large guilds have at least someone who is into this. They are extremely easy to point out as they are the ones with thousands/tens of thousands of ig gold not to mention every high-end skin and typically spend the majority of their time in la.

There is a reason they focus on high demand items…that’s where the money is. Given the choice (which they do have) between making a substantial gain vs a lesser gain, guess which one they will choose?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

Sunreva tends to believe that manipulation happens on items people don’t want. Especially not rare ones.

The irony.

I’m sorry to see that you are still misinterpreting and misreading posts, if you recall, I suggested a few days earlier that more careful reading on your part could prevent this from happening again, but it appears that this was not the case. No worries, I accept you apology in advance. Better luck next time!

Really? I take it you are not in a large guild. I in fact do know there is manipulation going on. Why? Because I have participated in it with a guildy of mine who does it all the time. A lot of large guilds have at least someone who is into this. They are extremely easy to point out as they are the ones with thousands/tens of thousands of ig gold not to mention every high-end skin and typically spend the majority of their time in la.

Anecdotal stories of “friends” or “guildys” does not translate into mass manipulation on certain precursors. Not everything has a zany conspiracy behind it. The reality is that these items are simply in high demand because as the game ages, more and more players become seasoned/acquire wealth and begin their journey towards making a legendary. The double whammy is that some legendary’s are more sought after than others, which further drives up the price of the precursor.

The only party that can verify with certainty that manipulation is the reason why Dusk is 500 gold or why The Legend is 400+, is Arenanet. The number of transactions with these items in a monthly period is fairly low, as only 5-10 of them are listed at any given time. If manipulation was taking place, it would be easy for Arenanet to confirm this by seeing that 1 or 2 people are responsible for buying up and relisting the supply at higher prices. Until any sort of credible verification occurs, there is zero reason to subscribe to some half-baked manipulation theory that is being parroted.

As I mentioned earlier, theoretically all precursors have the same drop % and the same creation chance from the mystic forge. While the demand for certain precursors, such as the Energizer, is lower, it’s technically still as rare as a Dusk or Dawn. The entire Energizer market (20 of them) can be bought up with about 900 gold, and they could easily be relisted for 200 gold each by a manipulator. Yet this hasn’t occurred. Why not? Why haven’t we seen manipulation in the Energizer market? Don’t tell me that people wouldn’t pay 200 gold for an Energizer, when they’re willing to pay 500 gold for a Dusk. If someone is going for the Moot legendary, then they’ll pay 200 gold for the Energizer, much like someone going for Twilight will pay 500 gold for dusk.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

As I mentioned earlier, theoretically all precursors have the same drop % and the same creation chance from the mystic forge.

Aside from the triffling detail that if you put in 4 shields, the only precursor you are capable of getting is the shield precursoer (“The Chosen”). You only draw from a random pool of all weapons if you put mixed weapon types in. The process is actually fairly directed if you choose to direct it.

While the demand for certain precursors, such as the Energizer, is lower, it’s technically still as rare as a Dusk or Dawn. The entire Energizer market (20 of them) can be bought up with about 900 gold, and they could easily be relisted for 200 gold each by a manipulator. Yet this hasn’t occurred. Why not? Why haven’t we seen manipulation in the Energizer market? Don’t tell me that people wouldn’t pay 200 gold for an Energizer, when they’re willing to pay 500 gold for a Dusk. If someone is going for the Moot legendary, then they’ll pay 200 gold for the Energizer, much like someone going for Twilight will pay 500 gold for dusk.

Now you’ve done it. You’ve said it out loud.

I give it less than a week before we see it happen .

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

evo.8640

I’m sorry to see that you are still misinterpreting and misreading posts, if you recall, I suggested a few days earlier that more careful reading on your part could prevent this from happening again, but it appears that this was not the case. No worries, I accept you apology in advance. Better luck next time!

Quite the contrary.

Might want to go back and edit up all your posts to actually reflect what I’m quoting you here on.

I can’t apologize to someone who fashions back to the tricorn hat.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Feni.4306

Feni.4306

As I mentioned earlier, theoretically all precursors have the same drop % and the same creation chance from the mystic forge.

Aside from the triffling detail that if you put in 4 shields, the only precursor you are capable of getting is the shield precursoer (“The Chosen”). You only draw from a random pool of all weapons if you put mixed weapon types in. The process is actually fairly directed if you choose to direct it.

While the demand for certain precursors, such as the Energizer, is lower, it’s technically still as rare as a Dusk or Dawn. The entire Energizer market (20 of them) can be bought up with about 900 gold, and they could easily be relisted for 200 gold each by a manipulator. Yet this hasn’t occurred. Why not? Why haven’t we seen manipulation in the Energizer market? Don’t tell me that people wouldn’t pay 200 gold for an Energizer, when they’re willing to pay 500 gold for a Dusk. If someone is going for the Moot legendary, then they’ll pay 200 gold for the Energizer, much like someone going for Twilight will pay 500 gold for dusk.

Now you’ve done it. You’ve said it out loud.

I give it less than a week before we see it happen .

Too late already happened. The Energizer has been 32g with 25g buyouts since karka event and now that it’s one of the last items I need for moot I decided to buy one but they all disappeared and re-appeared for 50g+, trying to decide if I should just buy one now before it re-appears again as 200g+. Not sure when it happened, but last night they were still 25g.

I’m definitely done with legendarys after I finish The Moot. I’ll just stick to working on other awesome looking gear like the anomaly or full T3’s.

Warrior – Ríse[MoM]. Guardian – Ekria. Necro – Reimia. Engi – Feni Navi
Tarnished Coast.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

This is hilarious, I bet the person controlling precursor markets read this thread and just wanted to show you what is going on.

When the ‘Why is the Energizer market not controlled?’ post came up, I checked and they were 30g.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It’s been quite obvious that this is happening for a while now. And it’s not just precursors, there is quite a bit of it in minipets as well. A guildmate noticed a few weeks ago that some corrupted weapon prices had mysteriously shot up by over 20g, while the cost of the lodestones/precursor weapons had not changed. I believe prices have restabilizd since, but we assumed some market manipulation was invovled in the price jump.

The market setup in GW2 just makes it way too easy for a single person to control 100% of the supply of a rare item. With a few clicks, every available item is now yours. And any new listings put up are most likely going to match your price or undercut it by a tiny amount in order to be listed first.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Gift of ’’Fortune’’ … Fortune stands for ’’luck’’ ’’wealth’’ so ye, that was intended .. to be around a money and luck

Nothing to complain about

Only some of the players, those who can achive the Legendary see it as flawed concept, broken, etc. But there are thousands of player who have Legendaries or almost done with them. By legit ways.

If they managed it, everyone can So stop complaining 24/7 pls

Aren’t you the lucky guy with 8 precursors off the MF?

God the hypocrism….

1+1 = potato

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

ITT: People who want everything handed to them with no effort at all.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Precursors are arena nets way to make money from it (gem to gold)….

Very fine line between forcing to buy and making it optional (gems)

One of the most obvious business plans and I have seen it way too often from game companies…

Nowadays it is all about making fast money and bailing on people.

As for legendary, everyone wants 1 and a net know if prices are high, people are willing to spend RL cash to get it.

But that is my opinion on precursors.

As for player to player trading, add it urgently, there have been the stupidest of cases of people making friends items/gold and being banned for gold selling with a flawed system…makes me sad alot of stuff got left out in the game
:(

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

theres a difference between something being “rare” cos its hard to get instead of being “rare” becos rich players just keep buying them to get even richer. if you dont see the difference, your either one of those rich players getting richer or your an idiot enabling those players to get richer.

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Buying gold takes effort folks. You’ve heard it here.

The sooner players like you realize that players like me want longer quest chains requiring more effort than just farming or buying gold, the sooner we can move past silly comments like the above.

The fact that players had legendaries in the first month speaks volumes as to how ridiculous and unlegendary the entire process is.

It took me 4 months of legit play to finish my legendary. Farming gold is not legendary. I’m sorry, it’s not. Any system that allows a player to buy their way to the top, be it cosmetic or not, is terrible.

(edited by Ald.9418)

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

You know there was a time (and still is) when you just had to kill Kil’jaeden/Illidan Stormrage to get a legendary weapon And I just had to pay 15 bucks and have good luck to get the bow. Just sayin`

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The sooner players like you realize that players like me want longer quest chains requiring more effort than just farming or buying gold, the sooner we can move past silly comments like the above.

The fact that players had legendaries in the first month speaks volumes as to how ridiculous and unlegendary the entire process is.

It took me 4 months of legit play to finish my legendary. Farming gold is not legendary. I’m sorry, it’s not. Any system that allows a player to buy their way to the top, be it cosmetic or not, is terrible.

Right, let’s give everyone one long quest to get their legendary so that everyone will run around with one.

You happy about that?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Precursor Manipulation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Right, let’s give everyone one long quest to get their legendary so that everyone will run around with one.

You happy about that?

I actually wouldnt mind that as long as the quest would take a reasonable time (100h+) and has a big difficulty (harder than soloing giganticus lupicus).