Precursors Overpriced...

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Earn more gold. That’s the only solution you have, or will be offered.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

if getting your legendary is the only thing to keep you playing…

you probably won’t be playing after you get your legendary anyway.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

Sorry, farming is not allowed in gw2.

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aither.2859

Aither.2859

I have played GW2 since its release and out of all the dungeons, world bosses, mystic toilet flushes and temple farming not a single precursor dropped. It wasn’t until I decided to take a chance and throw the last 4 exotics I had down the mystic toilet before I got Dusk. However, it is a huge gamble using the mystic toilet as the drop rate for precursors is next to nil.

The precursor drop rate should go up to a margin where at least people can feel like if they work hard towards a legendary they will be rewarded in the end. It’s not fair to the likes of players who have spent over two years (I know some) who have worked to find a legendary and had no such luck, the people I know who have done just that gave up on GW2 due to the fact they didn’t feel rewarded for their hard work. I used to have a guild filled with members and now none of them come on anymore because GW2 is not rewarding, everything is focused on the gem store and now even prices are being reduced where you cannot earn gold unless you spend months farming dungeons or have luck enough to earn a few precursors to sell them on the TP.

In my opinion GW2 is unrewarding and unfair to many players whether they be hard core or casual, the sad thing is that people will now come on here and brag about all the legendary weapons they have. Yes, there are a few accounts that manage to have such luck where they have more than 4 or 5 legendary weapons, but those accounts are few and far between and they will all come to the defense of Anet and their poor excuse of a drop rate.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Look at the buy orders. Definitely not overpriced if the demand is that high.

Oh I’m sorry. Please excuse me while I open the mountains of champ boxes I have and sell the sheer amount of rares that are overflowing my bags.

Also, what should I do with the 5g+ I make from doing wvw in one day?

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Look at the buy orders. Definitely not overpriced if the demand is that high.

Oh I’m sorry. Please excuse me while I open the mountains of champ boxes I have and sell the sheer amount of rares that are overflowing my bags.

Also, what should I do with the 5g+ I make from doing wvw in one day?

YEah nothing to do with those fake orders put in place by manipulators…

Try this (worked for 1 year because someone defends this system).

Look at precursor price.
Look at how when it drops, a couple offers for 100-200 more golds magically appears.
(pushing the price near to selling price)
Notice how they disappear when someone tops it for few coppers.

Nobody would overbid for that much.

Oh and everybody knowsm people is putting thousands fake orders for few silvers, you can check yourself.

P.S. you get 5 gold for 1 day of WWW? cool
In 2 years you will have a legendary ….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Earn Buy more gold. That’s the only solution you have, or will be offered.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The players that are having issues making a legendary, are the ones that thought you could save the most expensive item for last without it increasing in price. My friend just finished his Bitfrost(1year). The price of a precursor when he started was 200g. He was not that focused on getting a legendary until wardrobe. That was when he start to focus on the precursor but everything else he got slowly over the year. When he finally bought his precursor it was 1100g.

I can understand why people did not want to get it first. Still it became obvious that the price of precursor were steadily increase each month. So not getting one as your first step to a legendary is a bad plan. Everyone I see complaining about it has done the same thing and thought I just get the precursor last. It is 1/4 of the legendary and 1/3 of the cost.

GW has horizontal progression so it is meant for casual play, so you do not feel like you are always trying to catch upto someone. The hardcore players are complaining about the lack of difficult. The casual want the good looking skins to be easier to obtain. Ideally A-net should reward difficult content with good looking skins/new skills/traits instead of just gold for all of the best looking skins. Grinding for a legendary is boring and not fun. So it is either a game with a gear thread mill were you have to gear up newer players to do new content. Or a game when their is almost no difficult content and you grind to look like a kitten. (=^?^=)

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Such QQ. Very sadness.

For the life of me, I can’t see how you can farm for 1 (one) year for a legendary and NOT get it. What are you doing in-game, running naked in Divinity’s Reach and trying to spook NPC children? Counting sparkflies? PvP-ing?

PvE just throws cash at you, you just have to be willing to do the right content. Do you have any ideea how much gold you can make in one day just by running the EZ mode dungeons (AC1&3, CoF1, HotW1, SE1&3, CoE all, TA up&fw)?! How about taking those 2-3 minutes to put buy orders on TP for all mats needed for daily Damask&Steel, craft and sell for ~2g proffit or so? Or how about running with the eotm ktrain and then converting all karma and badges to gold (granted, badges conversion ratio sucks balls, but it’s something)? Running teq and the other world bosses for karma and rares→ectos→cash? Turning laurels into t6 mats? Taking advantage of temporary content and its special drops to make a few extra bucks? Not to mention learning the basics of the TP and maybe make a few bucks off it?

It sucks that precursor prices have increased dramatically, but it was to be expected with the wardrobe announcement and they seem to have stabilized now and possibly will start dropping slightly. But there are plenty of ways to earn gold, so stop whining and get to it if you really want the legendary.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Posting this for a couple other friends also, one of which hasn’t come back since Wildstar release:

The cost of precursors has caused some people to look at other games such as Wildstar. People bust their hump for a year hoping to craft their legendary, then precursors go up to 1k gold.

Just as my buddy was getting ready to get his incinerator, prices kept going through the roof for precursors. He got tired of it and hasn’t come back to gw2 since the release of Wildstar. I’m stuck in the same boat. Get map completion done, farm for months (over a year now from start), and get smacked in the face with a 1k gold precursor cost.

Increase the drop rate for precursors please.

since release of Wildstar a few days ago? It is almost like people like trying something new after playing the same mmo for a long time. Also it been a few days, new shiny mmo is more exciting than old one. Also your “buddy” should tell you he left instead of you finding out the way u do. In any case, going to wildstar still benefits ncsoft.

Also, increasing supply would only increase the price as well. You can find the topic somewhere here.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Also, increasing supply would only increase the price as well. You can find the topic somewhere here.

Please explain, and don’t tell me just because some one said so.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Increasing the supply of Precursors would increase the COST of crafting a Legendary.

It works like this:

More Precursors means more people working on a Legendary.
More people working on a Legendary means more people buying T6 materials.
T6 materials are not efficiently farmed, thus the supply rate will only increase slightly while the demand will increase significantly.
Ergo, the price of T6 will rise steeply causing the cost of Legendary crafting to increase. Additionally, since T6 materials are also used to craft many other things, those things will also go up in price as well.

Essentially, demand for T6 is currently bottlenecked by the Precursor drop rate which is keeping T6 prices low. Remove the bottleneck and the demand spike will result in higher prices for almost all end game crafted content.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Increasing the supply of Precursors would increase the COST of crafting a Legendary.

It works like this:

More Precursors means more people working on a Legendary.
More people working on a Legendary means more people buying T6 materials.
T6 materials are not efficiently farmed, thus the supply rate will only increase slightly while the demand will increase significantly.
Ergo, the price of T6 will rise steeply causing the cost of Legendary crafting to increase. Additionally, since T6 materials are also used to craft many other things, those things will also go up in price as well.

Essentially, demand for T6 is currently bottlenecked by the Precursor drop rate which is keeping T6 prices low. Remove the bottleneck and the demand spike will result in higher prices for almost all end game crafted content.

If I remember the exact quote, it says something like “all source of data, shows increasing supply don’t necessary decrease price”. I’m not sure if he mean by precursor or in general. Because general goods price is actually higher in more developed country.

I’m wondering the samething about T6. But if people stop mystic forging rare, T5 in turn might drop, and there might be more T5 for promotion.

I honestly not sure what will happen after precursor hunt.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

The idea is average people don’t get to have a legendary.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Economically, everything is interlinked.

Here are a few thoughts about prices, supply and demand relating precursor prices to materials.

1. Decrease in precursor price due to increasing drop rate (pretty much the only way this will happen since you can’t make precursors yet) will result in an increase in T6 mat price as more people will buy up the supply from TC.

2. T6 mat price can only be stabilised if a. T6 mats drop more regularly thus stabilising open world supply and b. if more t5 mats are up converted.

3. Increase in t6 mat supply due to up conversion will result in t5 price going up (if converters are buying up supply from TC), but this will necessitate an increase in t6 mat price, or at the least a maintenance of status quo, as vendors will need to recoup their investment.

4. T5 mat price can only be stabilised by a. increased drop from world or b. increased up conversion from t4

5. Increase in t5 mat supply due to up conversion will result in t4 price going up (if converters are buying up supply from TC), but this will necessitate an increase, or at the least a maintenance of status quo, in t5 mat price as vendors will need to recoup their investment.

And thus the cycle of material prices spirals down through t3 to t1.

Another knock on effect would be in the prices of the various types of dust as all of them would be consumed in substantial quantities for the up conversion causing a price increase in that material.

Without a significant increase in supply of crafting materials, a substantial reduction in price of precursors will not result in a lower cost in crafting a legendary but may in fact result in zero net change or an even higher cost of crafting. Material pricing becomes far more volatile without throwing speculators into the mix.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I do agree that a decrease in precursor prices would surely increase the prices for other component prices, but it is hard to imagine if it would result in a higher overall cost for the legendary.

I’m too lazy and not the best at math, but you would have to calculate how much the prices of T6 mats and lodestones (or other specific components) would have to rise, on average, to cover the cost savings of the lower precursor price.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I do agree that a decrease in precursor prices would surely increase the prices for other component prices, but it is hard to imagine if it would result in a higher overall cost for the legendary.

I’m too lazy and not the best at math, but you would have to calculate how much the prices of T6 mats and lodestones (or other specific components) would have to rise, on average, to cover the cost savings of the lower precursor price.

It depends on whether the total price of materials versus the price of a precursor. If the sum of materials vs. the prec price were the same, then it’s an easy percentage.

Many of the components in the crafting are fixed prices, things like recipes, icy lodestones, that sort of thing. Then you have the volatiles like Mystic Clovers, which have a large range of prices due to RNG.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

People can hedge against increased overall cost. It is more difficult for most players to hedge against price fluctuations on a single item.

(Simplified scenario) Assume Sunrise costs 2000 gold to make, and 1000 comes from the precursor. This means 1000 comes from everything else.

Let’s consider two cases: one where Dawn rises to 1200 gold (200 more) and another where everything else rises to 1300 gold (300 more)

• Suppose Dawn spikes up to 1200 gold and everything else stays constant. Player now has to come up with 200 more gold. (Except in the rare case that a player obtained Dawn first, but I would conjecture most players get the precursor last)
  • Now suppose instead the other mats spike to 1300. This will not cost the player 300 more gold as he already will have some of the mats from normal playing. If he has 25% of the other stuff already it will cost him 225 more gold. If he has 50% of the other stuff it will cost him only 150 gold. With 75% completion it will only cost 75 more gold.

Players are able to hedge against fluctuations when volume is big but unit cost is (relatively) small

An increase in the costs of other mats to balance the lower cost of precursors would not be seen as discouraging to most (in fact the rise of T6 has increased the cost of “everything else” even more than the cost of precursors).

You don’t see nearly as many complaints about “everything else” because “normal gamplay” generates a mix of gold and other mats. Because of this an increase in the price of mats would effectively increase the “income” of these players as well

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

People can hedge against increased overall cost. It is more difficult for most players to hedge against price fluctuations on a single item.

(Simplified scenario) Assume Sunrise costs 2000 gold to make, and 1000 comes from the precursor. This means 1000 comes from everything else.

Let’s consider two cases: one where Dawn rises to 1200 gold (200 more) and another where everything else rises to 1300 gold (300 more)

• Suppose Dawn spikes up to 1200 gold and everything else stays constant. Player now has to come up with 200 more gold. (Except in the rare case that a player obtained Dawn first, but I would conjecture most players get the precursor last)
  • Now suppose instead the other mats spike to 1300. This will not cost the player 300 more gold as he already will have some of the mats from normal playing. If he has 25% of the other stuff already it will cost him 225 more gold. If he has 50% of the other stuff it will cost him only 150 gold. With 75% completion it will only cost 75 more gold.

Players are able to hedge against fluctuations when volume is big but unit cost is (relatively) small

An increase in the costs of other mats to balance the lower cost of precursors would not be seen as discouraging to most (in fact the rise of T6 has increased the cost of “everything else” even more than the cost of precursors).

You don’t see nearly as many complaints about “everything else” because “normal gamplay” generates a mix of gold and other mats. Because of this an increase in the price of mats would effectively increase the “income” of these players as well

yep essentially the world would be better off with cheaper precursors and more expensive legendary parts, because people get those parts through normal play.

heavy priced precursors benefit the few, where as heavy priced general materials benefits the many.

(edited by phys.7689)

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I don’t feel like turning my brain on this afternoon, so I am going with simple math. We can use the two gifts that are used by every legendary: Gift of Might and Magic. Those need 2000 items total. If the price of T6 increases by 1 silver, then we are talking about an extra 20 gold. I’m at work so I can’t check current prices, but let us say that the average T6 is 40s and the demand for said items will go up 10%, that would be an increase of ~80gold.

The question then becomes, will the increase in precursors rise or drop the price by ~80 gold (+legendary specific items).

Personally – I think that increasing options for T6 farming is a better option than increasing the precursor drop rate.

And to the OP, while Anet is not helping the price of the precursor, it is the consumer who ultimately drive the price of the precursors.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I don’t feel like turning my brain on this afternoon, so I am going with simple math. We can use the two gifts that are used by every legendary: Gift of Might and Magic. Those need 2000 items total. If the price of T6 increases by 1 silver, then we are talking about an extra 20 gold. I’m at work so I can’t check current prices, but let us say that the average T6 is 40s and the demand for said items will go up 10%, that would be an increase of ~80gold.

The question then becomes, will the increase in precursors rise or drop the price by ~80 gold (+legendary specific items).

Personally – I think that increasing options for T6 farming is a better option than increasing the precursor drop rate.

And to the OP, while Anet is not helping the price of the precursor, it is the consumer who ultimately drive the price of the precursors.

its a simplification to say consumers drive the price, anet controls all factors
they control supply
they decide how many classes can use a weapon
how useful a weapon is
what theme a legendary has
how much a player can earn over time
what type of content a player can do
what is the possible sources for said item.

when you consider these factors, the fact that the most popular weapon types, with the types of themes which are generally the most popular themes (darkness, fire, lightning) and have a small supply, which is primarily filled by spending a lot of money in the mystic forge and is marketed as a long term goal, has an extremely high price relative to other things.

In fact they could do any number of things that would have a drastic effect on the price of precursors.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

The idea is average people don’t get to have a legendary.

I call bull cookies on that one. That was never the intention. Legendary weapons were just supposed to be a long, expensive, drawn out grind that gave a person a powerful, unique looking weapon. Absolute rubbish drop rates and preposterous prices on the TP of the precursors preventing average players from acquiring them =\= “average players don’t get to have one.”

My personal opinion is that precursors as they are should never have existed. The “precursor” should have been an item available from the Forge Vendor and been account bound. The Gifts are no short order, especially for people who need to grind out more than they can buy. Making the precursor an easy purchase from the vendor doesn’t make the Legendary any easier to get.

Precursors Overpriced...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

t6 mats can be obtained with laurels, so not only is it theoretically possible to complete your Gift of Might/Magic that way, but a lot of people would probably start converting laurels to mats and selling them if the prices rise.

The real problem would be things like lodestones and silver dubloons that you can’t get reliably by normal means, and that’s just a matter of Anet providing a reliable source (buying lodestones with dungeon tokens, perhaps).