Precursors reaching 1000 Gold on TP!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

As said, Precursors are amazingly beating the records we never saw since this game started, if the offers continues rising and what people are whiling to play for Dusk, this month we will see Dusk to cost over 1k gold.

My question is, what’s happening?!

Since this game started i never saw one precursor rising so much in such a sort period of time, as the 15th reproaches with the announced changes, it seems economy is being turned upside down (again).

Are the 15th changes causing the precursors prices in general to increase? Will buy precursors be even more “un-reachable” than what it is now?

I’m scared.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Precursor prices will drop after feature patch, I believe they are making a precursor tracking system and champ bags can now drop them because it’s effected by magic find

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Champ bags will be effected by magic find, what? also, I haven’t heard anything about the scavenger hunt being released with the feature patch, any source on that?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Max Lexandre.6279

Precursor prices will drop after feature patch, I believe they are making a precursor tracking system and champ bags can now drop them because it’s effected by magic find

Yes, i also believe a person who sells or buy a precursor it’s likely to be aware of what will happen on the 15th, but why are they buying precursors offering numbers of gold way higher of what they costed 1 month ago?

If precursors would drop prices i believe, well, people would not keep offering higher and higher amounts of gold for them, and sellers would not be able to keep increasing their prices day after day.

Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

They didn’t say anywhere that the 15th patch will add any kind of precursor scavenger hunt or crafting…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zardul.3952

People are just trying their luck at increasing profit before said scavenger hunt and champ bag precursors start dropping like flies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zardul.3952

Champ bags have had their gold reduced but to compensate for that magic find now directly effects them.

It’s on the feature notes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

They didn’t say anywhere that the 15th patch will add any kind of precursor scavenger hunt or crafting…

They actually said the precursor hunt will not be a part of the patch.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Its funny because every patch has actually nerfed the rate of gold income, people can farm less and less over time, yet inflation continues to skyrocket as if gold was easier to get. I can only imagine after champ bag nerf what silk/t6 mats will be.

With account bound legendaries I dont see how pre’s will drop. Rare items and forge nerf (Lots of precursors are made in forge from 4 rares) are going up and up, so making that precursor will cost people more, and in turn have them list the pre for more money which is completly justified since they spent more to gamble it. I sold a rare dagger the other day for 75s. OP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Zardul, please provide a source for the champ bag/scavenger hunt changes that you are talking about, also, even if they become affected by magic find in the future, the chance will be dismal and I doubt anything will ‘start dropping like flies’

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zardul.3952

Trying to find it, maybe I watched it on twitch sorry can’t find link. But I’m certain I didn’t imagine it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

Zardul is just extrapolating because a dev said that champ bags obtained IN PVP will have mf effect them. If you want a source on that give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Source

(edited by Dash.7108)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zardul.3952

Well tier 6 went from 30s to 50 s in like a week so I think tier 6 has already started an increase.

Silk still cheap IMO

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zardul.3952

I’d like to point out, as time goes in players get more magic find.
Which has to go hand in hand with chance of drop rate.

I mean from casual play I’ve got 150% … To keep precursors rare would be to counter balance the surge of increased mf across the player base IMO

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Champ bags have had their gold reduced but to compensate for that magic find now directly effects them.

It’s on the feature notes

…Where? They said that the champ bag gold reduction is to compensate for no armor repair cost. It would be weird to compensate for compensation. The MF quote is solely for PvP reward chests.
Also, champ bags always could drop precursors, it’s just that chances for it happening are extremely low.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Max Lexandre.6279

I mean from casual play I’ve got 150% … To keep precursors rare would be to counter balance the surge of increased mf across the player base IMO

So as some players are more old with more MF justifies that, sacrificing the new players?!
Then people wonder why so many people stops playing after a while, we feel things are so far away to reach, that is what PvE is all about in end-game, grind for gear, that it’s just easier to do something else.

If we would get one account bound free percursor at 7.5/10k achiv points, that would be fair and balanced, not random people with 1k achiv points already equipping legendaries.

Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Only to explain here…

Precursor got high in price because of 2 factors :
Acc bound legendarys
Wardrobe

What I mean is, now if you have one legendarya, i.e. incinerator, you’ll can carry that look on all of your toon that wield daggers. So, its not a legendary for 1 character only, now you can carry over you ele, your thief, your necro and there it goes.

Also, now you can craft eternity without need to lose the 2 previous skins, since they will be unlocked at wardrobe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Max Lexandre.6279

So, precursors will really go over 1000 Gold,what will cause legendary to go to epic levels of 3-4k Gold! (only the mats required to do only 1 of the gifts already cost close to 1000 gold)

Oh well, grind for gear, oh the lies this game manifesto had, “we don’t want grindy games”. One stable and rewarding progression system on PvE? Nope, try again.

Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

As said, Precursors are amazingly beating the records we never saw since this game started, if the offers continues rising and what people are whiling to play for Dusk, this month we will see Dusk to cost over 1k gold.

My question is, what’s happening?!

Since this game started i never saw one precursor rising so much in such a sort period of time, as the 15th reproaches with the announced changes, it seems economy is being turned upside down (again).

Are the 15th changes causing the precursors prices in general to increase? Will buy precursors be even more “un-reachable” than what it is now?

I’m scared.

pfft, just use that head of yours.
It’s obvious that the prices rise because the legendaries are now becoming account-bound(And skins for all your characters), as well as being seen in sPVP.
now, altoholics and PVP-ers also are becoming interested in them. Guess what, price rises.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

It’s gonna be over 1,000 gold because drop rates in this game are horrible. That’s the design.

You want a precursor? Buy gems, convert to gold. Or hope you win the precursor lottery but I wouldn’t hold my breath in hope of that happening.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dezaq.1203

Dezaq.1203

A precursor over 1000g? Happened before with The Legend. Was as expensive as 1200g at one point.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Its funny because every patch has actually nerfed the rate of gold income, people can farm less and less over time, yet inflation continues to skyrocket as if gold was easier to get. I can only imagine after champ bag nerf what silk/t6 mats will be.

The only nerf to champ bags is in how much coin/gold they drop. They’ll still drop just as many mats as they previously did.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Max Lexandre.6279

The only nerf to champ bags is in how much coin/gold they drop. They’ll still drop just as many mats as they previously did.

That’s the thing, this end-game things are getting more expensive every day, yet, we are getting our gold from events nerfed, not to talk that events gold is not balanced, go do The Maw, Elemental and other world bosses to win some amazing 30 cooper per event!

If i understand correctly ANET wants more grind, it seems there is not enough already.

Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Source??

The only comment ive seen on MF affecting bags was for the new sPvP reward system, because players who only play it where getting little to no rewards, so the loot bags in there now are affected to allow them to get similar rewards to PvE,

Furthermore, they have all but shelved pre cursor crafting/hunt for the short term, so it will not affect them in this patch, this is why I think you are seeing them go up and up in price, because as soon as they mentioned it wont be coming out, big guilds/$$ sellers are buying them all up to control the market.

Also anyone who actually believes they will see a pre cursor out of a champ bag is dreaming, they also drop from reg mobs in cursed shore, and I can bet you have killed 1000x as many enemies in there as you have opened champ bags………

Long story short they are going up and up in price because they are not dropping ingame, therefore demand is massively outstripping supply.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I just recently made a another legendary after swearing I’d never do it when I heard about the wardrobe changes. I’m sure many other people did/are doing the same. That combined with speculators/market manipulators and high prices for rares gets you to obscenely priced precursors.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Buy your legendary / precursors now, they will be even more expensive in the near future !

(otherwise, as stated before, don’t believe Zardul’s sayings, those are just false assumptions)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hidori.3472

Hidori.3472

what’s the point in legendaries when any tom, diick and harry can get them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

This is the first time a Precursor has reached a “stable” price of >1000g. Any other occasion previously has been due to some muppet trying to monopolize (it never works).

Reasons for this are:
1) Account Bound Legendaries.
2) Confirmation that anything to do with Precursor Crafting/Scavenging is NOT in the 15th build.
3) Wardrobe system.
4) Inflation continuing – gold being more worthless than ever.
5) A lot of people believethat unlocking Sunrise/Twilight skins post patch, then crafting Eternity to sell on the TP and keeping SR/Twilight skins.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It probably also has something to do with speculative rises.
I don’t think the Eternity exploit/loophole has much to do with it because there’s still relatively few people who can afford to do it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

2,000 gp ere we come…

Come on, you can do it!

Anet will help with stealth nerfs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

^ inb4 crafting precursors finally implemented but you need a legendary to craft a precursor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

That’s the thing, this end-game things are getting more expensive every day, yet, we are getting our gold from events nerfed, not to talk that events gold is not balanced, go do The Maw, Elemental and other world bosses to win some amazing 30 cooper per event!

If i understand correctly ANET wants more grind, it seems there is not enough already.

They’re nerfing gold to DROP the price of things.

You really don’t seem to get it. Want to know when the price for precursors started skyrocketing? It’s no coincidence that it happened at pretty much the exact same time that you started getting increased rewards.

It’s called inflation. More gold in the system means it costs more gold to get what you want. Want to reduce prices? Reduce the gold in the system.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You really don’t seem to get it. Want to know when the price for precursors started skyrocketing? It’s no coincidence that it happened at pretty much the exact same time that you started getting increased rewards.

It’s called inflation. More gold in the system means it costs more gold to get what you want. Want to reduce prices? Reduce the gold in the system.

Exactly. A lot of players get their money from champion bags – which are notorious for containing several silver each. They are changing this, so they give less gold. As compensation, they are being affected by Magic Find.

So this means that there is less gold and more things like T6/Exotics/Rares. It’s probably too late to cause a major effect, but it’ll stop prices skyrocketing again – at least until they announce something major again.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Exactly. A lot of players get their money from champion bags – which are notorious for containing several silver each. They are changing this, so they give less gold. As compensation, they are being affected by Magic Find.

Again, please give the source for this revelation. So far Devs only said about MF affecting PvP reward chests. Not champion chests. Those are just getting nerfed (as a compensation for removing armor repair costs).

And it is not going to affect prices in the slightest. While champion trains are a good source of income, they are nowhere close to being the best source of income. And most of that income comes from selling drops, not from gold – as a source for gold generation they are very, very low on the ladder.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’d also like to point out to the people above you that the prices increasing don’t always have anything to do with more gold being pushed into the economy, prices have been steadily rising and dramatically rising every time there is a drop in the amount of gold able to farm by manipulating loot. We’ve seen it happen before in this title particularly and in other titles who have a server locked AH. The more rare a drop becomes the higher the price goes for that drop.

I also heard about the champion bag thing from a movie where the devs were talking at length about the changes. If this occurs it most certainly WILL affect the prices, there will be more precursors flooding the economy and thus people will be trying to undercut each other and prices will begin to drop.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rho.1923

Rho.1923

save your champ bags!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Another thing to note is that while you are seeing precursors nearing or exceeding 1000g, you should also look at how much players are actually willing to SPEND for those same items.

An example, for The Legend, which is being offered at nearly 1000g at points, the highest buyer offer is a little over 850.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

So this means that there is less gold and more things like T6/Exotics/Rares. It’s probably too late to cause a major effect, but it’ll stop prices skyrocketing again – at least until they announce something major again.

Even worse is the type of player that is most likely to get maximum rewards from champion bags by farming them 24/7. Boring you say? Not if you are completely roBOTic about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Max Lexandre.6279

Fun Fact: Since this thread started Dusk price raised 30g and buy offers 20g.

Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Gold is easier and easier to get. It’s normal that price goes up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Also, champ bags always could drop precursors, it’s just that chances for it happening are virtually non-existant.

Fixed.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Also, while Dusk and The Legend are almost on par at ~950g sell, on the 7th of April Spark was close to 1100g. How precious is your dagger skin?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Max Lexandre.6279

Fun Fact: Since the last time i posted the fun fact, Dusk price raised 23g and buy offers grew amazingly 30g.

Asura thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

Precursors are increasing in price because people thought that legendaries will be made less frequently, yet it is only the incinerator that players have many duplicates of. ALL other types of legendaries will be crafted at the same frequency (if not more). Before this point I was not going to craft my Twilight BUT after the wardrobe announcement I have started saving gold to do this because it it now available to all of my characters.

Within the next 4-5 weeks I can assume that precursors will drop in price tremendously because of the availability of them. So if you plan to buy a precursor……WAIT A FEW WEEKS. People buying precursors for the ridiculous prices they are now are really just falling into a trap.

The same thing goes with dyes. People buying the lowest price dyes on the trading post in hopes of gaining a huge number of unidentified dyes are also falling into a huge trap. There are two avenues that this can go down. The first being – Price of unidentified dyes hits rock bottom because people will flood the market with them.
The second being – ANet makes unidentified dyes account bound after this patch (you won’t make money, you will only be able to re-roll the dye colours you had duplicates of).

Always be careful with patches like these, people will always try to get the better of you and I can see a lot of people already being ripped off. Even some of the skins on the TP are going to ridiculous prices. Just yesterday I bought the “Winged” skins for my mesmer……2 gold later and I realized that the skins are being sold for around 4 times their crafting cost! I then took a bigger look around the trading post…..it was the same everywhere.

Now while I love the huge RDI margins I feel pity for the lower level players who are duped into buying these skins early in the game. Yes, they will now unlock them but I think it is horrid that they have to spend this amount of gold on armour so they can complete their story quest or the lower level dungeons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Also, champ bags always could drop precursors, it’s just that chances for it happening are virtually non-existant.

Fixed.

Fun fact; I had a precursor drop in a champion bag; Chaos gun. That was a week later after getting the mace precursor in the chest after doing the 5 scepter pieces in AC.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

I would also add to that, I have had a chaos gun drop in WvW, have had dusk from PvE near launch and have had dawn drop TWICE. Where from you say? CHAMP BAGS!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Fun fact; I had a precursor drop in a champion bag; Chaos gun. That was a week later after getting the mace precursor in the chest after doing the 5 scepter pieces in AC.

Fun fact — just had The Legend forged. Big Z finally gave in. Spent less than 12g on exotic staves and had one throw. Still in disbelief, thought I’d be the very last person to see this in my hands. I was about to head to bed as well… now I can’t sleep.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

All I see are players either buying up the few available or sellers pulling them not knowing how the wardrobe is going to do to prices. This leaves 1 or 2 left whose prices have been ridiculous since their owners first posted them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I think precursors will go down after some time…as with every item which spiked so rapidly. If not, I made a great mistake when I crafted the gift of Twilight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

If I have to work for my things, so can the newbies. Nobody is entitled to anything.

So as some players are more old with more MF justifies that, sacrificing the new players?!
Then people wonder why so many people stops playing after a while, we feel things are so far away to reach, that is what PvE is all about in end-game, grind for gear, that it’s just easier to do something else.

If we would get one account bound free percursor at 7.5/10k achiv points, that would be fair and balanced, not random people with 1k achiv points already equipping legendaries.