Rare Runes and the Forge, small data sample

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Heya there folks, I got bored earlier today and decided to give forging rare runes a go just to see if there really was any profit to be had, these are my results.

816 Rare Runes to start with, 204 Forges baseline. (I estimate around 250 forges total given that the majority of the time, a rare rune was returned giving me another to forge) for a total of approx. 32.7g spent given approx. 4s per rune, and 16s per forge attempt.

Returned 45 Superior runes, 5 being soul bound, for an approximate 1x Superior rune every 5.55 Forges, with an average cost of 88.8s per superior rune forged.

Of these 45 superior runes, 4 were of value, 1 divinity/traveller/melandru/scholar, a total of Approx 24g. The rest were worth between 3s-30s, the average leaning to the 3s mark.

Tl:DR; 32.7g spent, 26g returned, a 6.7g loss for 20 minutes of clicking.

Conclusion: My fingers hurt.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

4s per major rune. you should try to spend less.
crafting major rune of the krait is often cheaper than the cheapest runes on the TP
it takes 1 mithril ingot (~1s) + 1 pile of vile essence (~2s)
at this moment, it’s not much cheaper (essence is almost 3s), but keep your peepers out for it
there are several core + refined material recipes to give major runes – those are also often cheaper than TP runes/sigils, but as far as I know, they aren’t right now.