Recently Viewed spans account logins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Hi all and thanks for the efforts to provide us with a new and improved trading post!

I have multiple accounts for Guild Wars 2, and noticed something about the new trading post…

When I log out of one account and into another, my “Recently viewed” history from the first account is visible on the new account (main page of the trading post).

The sell history is correct, so it doesn’t appear to be a critical issue. That said, I haven’t done an exhaustive check.

Perhaps a solution to this is ensuring that you clear any session variables/cookies at logout?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can imagine folks in the html design and QA teams reading this and going, “oops.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I can imagine folks in the html design and QA teams reading this and going, “oops.”

LOLOL

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wonder if it has anything to do with being on the same computer on both accounts. If so, it might mean that 2 different people who both use the same computer to play can see each other’s trading post’s history.

I don’t know if this could be considered a breach of privacy or not, but it does seem to mean privileged information might be available to others without permission.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It may simply be cached locally.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

It may simply be cached locally.

I agree.

The game client probably doesn’t have separate profiles for local caching. It’s not a full featured web browser, after all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Recently viewed also includes every single item I’ve sold. Since I sell more items than I buy, the feature is essentially worthless for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s no question they need to make some adjustments:

• All buy and sell orders should display, regardless of age.
  • All historical transactions should display, with an option to group/ungroup non-simultaneous entries from a single original listing. For performance, they might need to limit this to 90 days (the default before the patch), but it is unreasonable to limit it to 90 or even 900 transactions.
  • Recent transactions stored to a local cache should depend on who is logged into the game, not just logged into the computer. One account should never show activity from another.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Agree with the first point.

I would be in favor of a show more/all button for historical transactions.

I suspect the assumption was that separate game accounts would be under separate users and that cache is stored in the local.dat file found in the user folder structure already. It’s only when logging in under the same user but to different game accounts where this would be a problem.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes