The more outfits and style head skins are released, the more its clear that making the hat part of the outfit when all town clothes were put into one was a mistake.
The head had to be kept separated, like they were in GW1.
Now, I can’t mix style headgear not bound to any armor class and any outfit:
- I can’t bring the devil horns with the rainment of the lich or the bloody prince’s outfit.
- I can’t show my elementalist Flame eye or any neromancer or mesmer masks under the Ancestral outfit or Noble Court outfit.
- I can’t put on a top hat with my noble count outfit.
- I can’t use the Wizard or Witch hats hat and the hexed or witch’s outfit.
- I can’t bring the Phantom hood with the mad king’s or witch’s outfit. +
But the worst part of it is knowing that I could! But I just can’t!
All outfits must have a separated head so it shows in personal story cinematics. So all new outfits are already split in the head.
And I really doubt anyone will care about clipping if they can mix and match hats from different outfits and get the style headgear as hats instead skin, or even both as hats and skins. Or show the head armor along their outfit, and a hat along the rest of their armor without having to transmute it every time they just want to put on a hat or some glasses.
The benefits are too big not to do it:
- Add a hat slot in the outfit panel.
- Add an outfit wardrobe tab for that slot.
- Add to that wardrobe slot the skins that were previously town clothes, the ones that are part of the current outfits, and many of the skins that are masks, hats and the other spare parts usable regardless of armor class that do no look like armor (e.g.: Lawless is part of an armor set, so that won’t be added, but the Wreath of cooperation a spare one, so that’ll be added).
- These skins would be both in the hat slot and usable in heaad armor, so people can choose whether they want to equip them as hat or apply them to armor, they won’t lose any currently applied appearances or anything like that, they’ll just gain the option to put on their glasses in the hat slot instead having to apply them as armor skin.
- Make it dyeable, of course.
- Hiding the hat would be independent of the outfit and armor.
- Hiding the hat would show the head armor if it isn’t hidden.
I’m not asking for town clothes to come back. Just the hats.
We are missing to much without that.
(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)