So, I took a risk with all of my Laurels...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jin.1743

Jin.1743

…And I got lucky. Not a bad way to convert 80 Laurels into gold eh? I also got quite a few dyes in the 30 ~ 50 silver range as well. Needless to say, I’m not going to push my luck, I won’t be repeating this anytime soon. heh

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You really shouldn’t convert laurels to gold. You can get gold at any rate but laurels are 1 per day and 10 per month.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if gold is so easy to get then you can tell me how, the most i got is 6 gold…..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I need like 5 hours to make 50 gold on the TP and thats a casual estimate for me.
I need 2 months to get 80 laurels.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jin.1743

Jin.1743

@Vol True. But I don’t really care much for fractals, so I was just sitting on them. Which is what I plan to go back to doing after this. Who knows, maybe someday I’ll actually want to buy something that can only be purchased with Laurels.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

You really shouldn’t convert laurels to gold. You can get gold at any rate but laurels are 1 per day and 10 per month.

Unless you spend most of your time in the Mists. Then that becomes the only way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Unless you spend most of your time in the Mists. Then that becomes the only way.

If you only play spvp, you dont need gold.

And you can still make money on the trading post.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Champ farm, meta events, gathering

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: design.6057

design.6057

80 laurels and 6 gold ;-;

Sorrow Night / Seven Truths

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You think you would have earned more money by buying a bunch of T6 mat packs. Maybe.

NSPride <3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

80 laurels buying 3x T6 Mats = 260 T6 mats ( They are all only the , Blood, Claw, Fang, Heart, Dust, Scale, Bone, Totem )

Average selling price 26s each … rage from 19 to 36s at the moment more when ascended armor comes out.

62.4g VERY little risk…

Sorry to give you the bad news!

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

80 laurels buying 3x T6 Mats = 260 T6 mats

80 3x = 260

3 × 80 = 260

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think he had the number 26 on his mind and mistyped.

Also I get an average of the T6 fine mats at 19.8s each after the TP’s 15%, still 47.52g isn’t any thing to sneeze at. Beats out the 29.68g from selling 160 unidentified dyes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drew Blood.1586

Drew Blood.1586

I guess my question is what is the best use of my laurels? I have about 60 of them and sit on them because I don’t know what the most effective use is for them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I guess my question is what is the best use of my laurels? I have about 60 of them and sit on them because I don’t know what the most effective use is for them.

ascended gear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

but that’s limited use.
the best laurel → gold is either from T6 mats or unid dyes. it depends on TP prices for which is better at any given moment.
personally, I’ll be using mine to get obsidian shards as karma is now really hard to get.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Max.4786

Max.4786

Can you sell me some laurel please? I have tons of gold but only 12 laurels T_T

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Laurels > Gold because gold is farmable, laurels aren’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I’m sitting on 150 laurels and I haven’t yet seen a good reason to let go. I gave one character full ascended trinkets, and stopped after that.

Laurels are banked time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Yep, ascended trinkets is the best use of your laurels, esp if you are not doing fractals. Where else would you get them? Gold is available everywhere …

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m sitting on 200.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I have almost 300 and would never trade them for gold. You never know what anet will release down the road. I will be ready for that day if it ever comes. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Ha !

I spent 130 laurels on dyes and got 12 gold out of it. Lol if I sold the unid dyes itself I would’ve made at least 30g

Are you Shpongled?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ItWasntMe.7102

ItWasntMe.7102

o.O Jin you did make out well! Gratz =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You guys saying not so convert laurels have to realize that while laurels are a time limited supply, they also have limited use. If you only roll one character and collect all of the laurels, you’ll have far more than you need, so once you have all of your ascended trinkets you either convert them to something of economic value or buy little pleasantries like the minis.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Had 100+ laurels.
Bought Chauncy Von Snuffles III.
Best decision of my life.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

You guys saying not so convert laurels have to realize that while laurels are a time limited supply, they also have limited use. If you only roll one character and collect all of the laurels, you’ll have far more than you need, so once you have all of your ascended trinkets you either convert them to something of economic value or buy little pleasantries like the minis.

That describes me perfectly. I really only have one char at the moment.

People are suggesting not to convert because gold is so easy to acquire in this game. Why convert a time gated currency to one you can spend the day farming?

It’s not like you can’t just do your dailies and monthlies and get more laurels, but what if tomorrow anet decides that precursor crafting will require 300 laurels? I am NOT saying that is going to happen, but you never know. Then people will be all kittened about spending their laurels.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

If you only play spvp all you earn is glory and laurels. You can’t sell spvp gear on the tp. Since you claim you don’t need gold I must have missed the patch when they added a way to convert glory/laurels to gems. Ohhhh wait….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

358 (or thereabouts) Laurels here. I haven’t missed a single Daily or Monthly, and I have not spent a single one since they came out.

I’ve set aside some of them to buy Utility Infusions, but I think when the time comes I’ll be converting those Laurels to T6 mats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

If you only play spvp all you earn is glory and laurels. You can’t sell spvp gear on the tp. Since you claim you don’t need gold I must have missed the patch when they added a way to convert glory/laurels to gems. Ohhhh wait….

You also get achievement points in Spvp, dont you?
Then i mean the patch that introduced the achievement chests that also award gold and gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Then i mean the patch that introduced the achievement chests that also award gold and gems.

LOL.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’ll get back to you as soon as the next living story achievements (worth 200+ points) are sPvP only.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

I need like 5 hours to make 50 gold on the TP and thats a casual estimate for me.

How much gold do you need to have to have the buying power to make 50 gold in 5 hours on the TP, though, Wanze? I’m guessing it’s in the hundreds, if not thousands, otherwise a lot more people would be doing it. All the information I can find on making that kind of money relies on you already have multiple hundreds of gold at the least.

So part of the difficulty is getting up to that sort of range where you can even start making that kind of money.

Unless you are doing Fractals, Ascended gear is only slightly better than non-Ascended Exotic (for now, may change later), thus it may make sense to blow Laurels to get cash, because that cash can help you to get into a place where you can make MORE cash, and eventually, perhaps, be like you in terms of being able to make 10g/hour from the TP.

That said it looks like T6 mat bags have a significantly better average return than dyes, if you’re turning Laurels into gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

You salvage too much. You need to vendor more. And keep less mats.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

How much gold do you need to have to have the buying power to make 50 gold in 5 hours on the TP, though, Wanze? I’m guessing it’s in the hundreds, if not thousands, otherwise a lot more people would be doing it. All the information I can find on making that kind of money relies on you already have multiple hundreds of gold at the least.

I usually have between 100-200g, if i combine my gold in my wallet and my buy orders on the tp, so not that much. Thats enough for me to generate about 50g per day casually, meaning out of 5 hours playing time, i spend 30-60 minutes on the TP.

Once I have more gold than 100-200g, i use it for long term investments into items, which i think will multiply in value over a month or two or just buy gems with it, of which i probably bought beyond than 30k.

I dont see much sense in hoarding my gold profits as i dont get interest in it. Imo its better used to be invested into things that increase their value over time.

I got lucky with Sentinel inscriptions and insignias during Molten Facility.
Used all my gold to buy them for 1-2g and sold them after a month for 5-10g.

During the Bazaar, celestial recipes where available for under 2 silver each, so you could get a stack for 5 gold. Now, most of them cost 50s-1g giving you a ROI of 2500-5000%. If you were clever enough to invest 20g back then, you would end up with 500g now easily.

Before the account wallet was introduced and gold wasnt account wide, i wanted to craft lvl a new character to 80, which cost around 70 gold back then.
So i transfered 80 gold to my new character and started leveling all crafts to 400, while playing the tp on the side. It took me like 10 hours to max all professions and when i was done, i ended up with 200 gold. This made me wonder, how much gold you can actually make starting out with 10g.

The next day, i cancelled all my buy orders and sell listings, to have a clean TP, transfered 10g to my new character and started playing the tp.

After 6 hours I had 237g and went to bed. The next day, more stuff that i listed got sold and i ended up with 345g total in my pocket and stuff worth around 34g still on the tp waiting for a buyer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and how do i craft without mats…..
a nice paradox for you to solve.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

and how do i craft without mats…..
a nice paradox for you to solve.

Crafting is a gold sink. My experience has been that either you make gold…or you craft….but not both.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

30g???

If that’s what you consider lucky, than I’d hate to see what you consider a rip!

And no I ain’t a TP flipper. Infact I don’t even farm in this game like I did in Gw1.
This is just common sense here…. add up how long you hadda spend per day gettin the FDaily. I spend half that time just doing some temples or mindless wandering in mid-level zones while pickin’ herbs. I get constant changes of scenery, some nice little challenges, AND enough valuable mats to either sell directly or Forge for 50g easily. Since this summer I’m up to 400g raw profit just doing that. (which I spent 3/4’s of on a buncha Skins & Ascended crafting and even some gems)

And even I know, that if you wanna gamble?? …get the T6 mat bags isntead :p

(edited by ilr.9675)