Superior Rune of Scavenging Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

These runes have shot up a ton in price. They haven’t changed yet and they changed in the last feature pack so I doubt they will change them again. Anyone have any insight as to why they jumped in price so much?

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24738

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Somebody uploaded a video of the preview of the feature patch showing that the runes will be needed as part of some collection achievement thing.

eg. Enchanted Glacial Shard – Created by imbuing a Superior Rune of Scavenging at the Glacial Trench in Frostgorge Sound

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rocketmist.5436

Oh thanks Asuna for the quick response ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rocketmist.5436

I’m making a ton of gold right now crafting these runes from gear that has them atm using black lion salvage kits. This price shock is still exploitable if people want to make some gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think I saved the one I salvaged the other day for as I upgrade to Ascended armor. Guess I can use it for that instead.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it’s totally asinine that instead of making runes better to increase their relative value, they’re using runes outside of the context of combat entirely just to boost their value somehow.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think it’s totally asinine that instead of making runes better to increase their relative value, they’re using runes outside of the context of combat entirely just to boost their value somehow.

The problem is that exotic runes get generated at a higher pace than people change their builds.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s partially true, but look at how quickly Rune of Strength and Hoelbrak became valuable commodities once they become genuinely useful. People have multiple sets of armor, and are willing to buy more (since exotic gear is cheap) to have more options in build-heavy environments like WvW or even PvE. Once a build becomes “meta” in any sense, the price will stabilize at a higher point, raising the relative value of those runes as new players or new characters go to join the meta. Having more build options that were actually viable would definitely cause more runes to retain actual value.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

That’s partially true, but look at how quickly Rune of Strength and Hoelbrak became valuable commodities once they become genuinely useful. People have multiple sets of armor, and are willing to buy more (since exotic gear is cheap) to have more options in build-heavy environments like WvW or even PvE. Once a build becomes “meta” in any sense, the price will stabilize at a higher point, raising the relative value of those runes as new players or new characters go to join the meta. Having more build options that were actually viable would definitely cause more runes to retain actual value.

As we get alot of class balancing in this patch, i wouldnt be surprised, if some runes and sigils get a workover as well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I bought few stacks for like 50s lets w8 for spike:-D

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I bought over 500 pieces of a certain trinkets (about 700g) in hopes that it would rise by at least 1000%.

Unfortunately I totally forgot about bank space, so I had to spend an hour or two mailing them to alt accounts.

This patch could make a lot of people very rich.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I bought over 500 pieces of a certain trinkets (about 700g) in hopes that it would rise by at least 1000%.

Unfortunately I totally forgot about bank space, so I had to spend an hour or two mailing them to alt accounts.

Namely, already rich people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

well, you gotta have money to make money!

It’s exactly like in real life, how rich people can allocate funds to invest and grow their money, while poor people do not have the ability to since they use funds to live day to day

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

I think you mean inside traders… who def are rich

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

This is why they REALLY need to handle patch rollouts better than this, with partial price freezes on the marketplace so that all players can get clued in to the potential price changed BEFORE people can start moving on them. They need to establish a fair starting line, rather than letting the people who happen to be around and paying attention when news like this drops (or that have early access) to dominate these markets.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I think you mean inside traders… who def are rich

I made plenty of profit AFTER watching wooden potatoes preview videos yesterday and today.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This is why any personnel involved in the games economy should be replaced. Whomever thought leaking the preview information AGAIN should be removed. These runes began escalating a few days ago already.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

This is why they REALLY need to handle patch rollouts better than this, with partial price freezes on the marketplace so that all players can get clued in to the potential price changed BEFORE people can start moving on them. They need to establish a fair starting line, rather than letting the people who happen to be around and paying attention when news like this drops (or that have early access) to dominate these markets.

And once the trading post is unfrozen, 100k players press buy now on the same item. Some will get some, some will not. Would change absolutely nothing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Yeah you can’t do much, honestly.

You set arbitrary points to halt trading, nothing else changes. Price will skyrocket at the time it unlocks.

And people still miss out (like me) because of work or because we couldn’t log on at that arbitrary time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

This is why any personnel involved in the games economy should be replaced. Whomever thought leaking the preview information AGAIN should be removed. These runes began escalating a few days ago already.

you are asking John Smith to be fired?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

John Smith didn’t decide to leak information to the previewers. He consulted the person who did it and told them what would happen if they did it, and they did it anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the PR/marketing folks didn’t consult him on the implications of previews. In most organizations, departments often don’t work together.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the PR/marketing folks didn’t consult him on the implications of previews. In most organizations, departments often don’t work together.

I would also reckon that the overall profit that gets made on these items is miniscule compared to amount of gold being traded every day. Most players will be positively affected because their rubbish 2 gold exotic drop they got from a world boss sells for 20-200g out of a sudden.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ohoni.6057

And once the trading post is unfrozen, 100k players press buy now on the same item. Some will get some, some will not. Would change absolutely nothing.

Sure it would, the people that got the profits would be statistically more likely to be average people, rather than people who were first to catch on to the change. It might also help to unfreeze it slowly, by having temporary purchasing caps. Like between when the change could possibly be anticipated and when it is a known thing, zero trading. Once it’s become a well established fact that everyone should understand, they unfreeze trading, but only 1 item per player, per day, or hour, or whatever. If it’s a high volume item like Iron ore or something then it could be 10 items, or 100, whatever would be reasonable. Then after a short period in which everyone has had a chance to wet their beaks, the freeze ends completely.

I don’t know, they have to do something to avoid this sort of fatcat concentration of wealth.

done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I would also reckon that the overall profit that gets made on these items is miniscule compared to amount of gold being traded every day. Most players will be positively affected because their rubbish 2 gold exotic drop they got from a world boss sells for 20-200g out of a sudden.

Have to agree. I’m more likely to postpone getting the cheev in order to make a quick mountain of gold out of anything that drops for me in the next few days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It upsets me that I had stuff like 2 Sams and other required rare drops on the lists, and I sold them all a while back. It’s like I lost a good 1k Gold in potential profit.

As for insider information being leaked, it was a bad idea to share which rare items were needed to a select few people. But John did say that they have ways to deal with the people who took advantage of the information.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ohoni.6057

As for insider information being leaked, it was a bad idea to share which rare items were needed to a select few people. But John did say that they have ways to deal with the people who took advantage of the information.

Of course they do. You know what happens to people who take advantage of the system like that and make tons of gold, don’t you? . . . they live happily ever after.

done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Of course they do. You know what happens to people who take advantage of the system like that and make tons of gold, don’t you? . . . they live happily ever after.

Do you have any proof that they dont ban the people that buy up the stuff before its official information?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Personally I have no issue with ANet using runes as crafting components etc. to increase their value but I hope that they consider putting them towards gearing rather than achievements. New insignias/inscriptions, for example, or ascended upgrade items.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

So the items that I invested in didn’t go up, although I hope Anet regularly releases new collections with each LS release.

On the other hand, I just checked the price of Large Skulls, what the heck happened with that? I had 5 stacks and I bought them when they were like 2s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So the items that I invested in didn’t go up, although I hope Anet regularly releases new collections with each LS release.

On the other hand, I just checked the price of Large Skulls, what the heck happened with that? I had 5 stacks and I bought them when they were like 2s.

Invested alot in bowls of mashed yams (were available at 2s, way under crafting value), cloves and pumpkin pie spice, also at 2s. Cant complain.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

why did those foods go up?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

cooks backpack ingredient, recipes were the same as on the chinese client.

Edit

Attachments:

(edited by Wanze.8410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I really have to get out of that mindset of “psh, that skin is ugly, no one would spend the gold to get that!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I really have to get out of that mindset of “psh, that skin is ugly, no one would spend the gold to get that!”

People propably gonna craft them all now and delete them once they have unlocked the skin because you cant forge or salvage them.

But if you craft them, while you are leveling, they are actually quite powerful pieces.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ohoni.6057

Well, at least we can take comfort knowing that everyone that used insider knowledge like that will be banned.

done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

lol it’s not insider trading. That information was reasonably available for people to access.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Well, at least we can take comfort knowing that everyone that used insider knowledge like that will be banned.

This insider info you are talking about was posted on this forum 13 days ago and on Monday i bought up mashed yams. Cloves and pumpkin spice i bought up today, more than 12 hours after the patch was live.

Hey

found some pics from the chinese cook and tailor backpack recipes
chance is high we just get the same and their is some profit

so here ya go
cooking
http://imgur.com/a/z4f5v

tailor
http://imgur.com/a/7cmzn

have fun

Also, your definition of insider info and the definition of Anet seem to be a wee bit out of sync:

I do not consider it insider trading once the information is released to the public in any form.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

lol it’s not insider trading. That information was reasonably available for people to access.

He just likes pointing fingers at stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Also that image was available sometime after China launch – the imgur link shows it was posted 2 months ago.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Also that image was available sometime after China launch – the imgur link shows it was posted 2 months ago.

Right now, if you buy the right vendor items, you can sell them on the tp for 100% profit.
Its only a 1 silver value item and everybody only buys 1 but they sell quite fast.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ohoni.6057

Uh-huh.

Some mighty fine distinctions you’re making there.

Right now, if you buy the right vendor items, you can sell them on the tp for 100% profit.
Its only a 1 silver value item and everybody only buys 1 but they sell quite fast.

Not at all an exploit.

done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Uh-huh.

Not at all an exploit.

Nope, not an exploit. People pay me for convenience of picking up the item from the tp rather than visiting the vendor themselves. As they only need 1 item, they rather pay me 2s than eating the waypoint costs and get the item for 1s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ohoni.6057

Hey man, whatever helps you sleep at night.

done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

With regards to Large Skulls, there is a hidden collection for Grawl weapons. (Similar hidden collections exist for Krait, Ogre and Hylek weapons.) Fortunately I anticipated this and bought up the Large Skulls I needed before the patch.

A hidden collection also exists for Corrupted weapons, and it’s quite possible there’s one for Destroyer weapons too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

With regards to Large Skulls, there is a hidden collection for Grawl weapons. (Similar hidden collections exist for Krait, Ogre and Hylek weapons.) Fortunately I anticipated this and bought up the Large Skulls I needed before the patch.

A hidden collection also exists for Corrupted weapons, and it’s quite possible there’s one for Destroyer weapons too.

The MF Focus Gaze now looks like a steal for 12g, considering that oyu need 100 skulls.
I bought a couple but somehow gaze looks too similiar to Adam, so i dont see real demand for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

Wow. I’m glad I unlocked those skins all months ago! I’ll take this opportunity to cash out all of the large skulls I’ve hoarded over the months, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So many markets all over the place in this patch. I’m just staying away for now. Hopefully things settle back down soon.

I do think that the drop rates for the champ bag exotics were increased significantly. I’d only gotten 1 exotic from those bags in the past 3 months, but since the patch i’ve gotten 4. I suspect those weapons will fall back down to their original price.

The other collections are just too tedious for me. Making every grawl weapon and your only reward is a recipe that is worse in every possible way to existing items. I guess it is fun if you are a skin collector.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Uh-huh.

Not at all an exploit.

“Insider” trading requires an insider; when information is available to the public, by definition, it can’t be “insider trading.” One could make the argument that it’s “unfair” (since some will have time to see the previews and some wouldn’t), but I don’t buy that either: some will get the release first, too, and have an advantage. Publishing the info in previews ensures maximum exposure, especially when people like Dulfy and Wooden Potatoes are able to spread the word.

Calling the second example an “exploit” is not as bad, but still stretching things. It’s always been possible to farm vendors. Anyone can learn where any item can be acquired from the wiki (which gets updated very quickly). That said, I would support a change that would make it easier for people to look up stuff on the wiki and/or learn vendor prices in game (e.g. by right-clicking items).

tl;dr use of negative imagery to make a point is always a poor rhetorical tactic, as the important points get lost in a discussion of the words used, especially when such hyperbole can be easily shown to be untrue and/or misleading. Instead, offer a suggestion about how ANet could prevent such situations from being an issue in the first.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I’m going back on hiatus from GW2 and heading over to Archeage. but I really don’t know if I should sell the large skulls all now for 60s or wait until it hits +1g.

There really is only one place to farm large skulls and it’s not at all efficient, so.

I hope I come back a few months down the line and these are +40g a piece as well ;P
http://imgur.com/a/gZJjS