Swim Suits and School Uniforms.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

So… what is the ETA on these in the gem store. They are very clearly somewhere in the games code already, and we are still waiting.

Just wanted to make sure they knew we are still waiting. And no we have not forgotten yet.

[Edit]

[&AgHFpwAA] —- Again, still waiting.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

One of the devs implied that during the summer they are going to be releasing more costumes.

I think one of the reasons for the change in costume is to give more reason for people to buy them and what better reason than the new system. Since they are probably easier to make (since you only need 1 armor for all classes vs the current system).

Also don’t expect the school outfit until fall. back to school.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

What, no link for the swimsuit?

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

What, no link for the swimsuit?

Don’t have links for them no.

Kasmeer and Faren were wearing them, and the random NPCs in Southsun near the SE Gate are.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

pervs
i want the swimsuits and school uniforms to enhance the plot of the game ofcorse :P

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Not everything found in the dat will be implemented into the live game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

Not everything found in the dat will be implemented into the live game.

Just because it won’t, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be. =P

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Are we turning GW2 into an anime?

Note – I’d be fine if my giant male norn can wear a school uniform. It would go great with his Princess Wand and purple mustache.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I still want the paper bag helms…

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Well with the removal of Town Clothing, they probably will never introduce Swimsuits or the School Outfit.

Seeing as if they do release them now, they will be armor skins since we no longer have Town Clothing. And they don’t want people running around in Swimsuits or School Outfits cause it might “break immersion” (you know, the immersion that Anet already broke?)…

So expect them never.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I would buy a swimsuit or School uniform, I would use them on every one of my characters 100% of the time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

TBH swimsuit would be best implemented as a tonic. I don’t want people running in PvP wearing speedos and wielding greatswords.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

silvermember.8941

Well with the removal of Town Clothing, they probably will never introduce Swimsuits or the School Outfit.

Seeing as if they do release them now, they will be armor skins since we no longer have Town Clothing. And they don’t want people running around in Swimsuits or School Outfits cause it might “break immersion” (you know, the immersion that Anet already broke?)…

So expect them never.

this is an example of someone who doesn’t know anything. if this person did, he would havr realize that all the crap he just said is the exact opposite of what anet said a few weeks ago.

so ignore this guy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

this is an example of someone who doesn’t know anything. if this person did, he would havr realize that all the crap he just said is the exact opposite of what anet said a few weeks ago.

so ignore this guy.

Well, what’s true is that there will no longer be town clothes in the sense that it’s clothing that can’t be worn in combat.

So if swim suits and the like are released, they will be armor. And that’s just silly. I mean, it’s possible they might do that, but ruining what immersion the game has left is probably not the greatest idea of all time. Not looking forward to fighting dragons with lots of people around in speedos and christmas hats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

SpyderArachnid.5619

So expect them never.

so ignore this guy.

It’s obvious you have no idea what the Wardrobe system even is.

Anet stated that there will be no more Town Clothing. It is all being converted to Armor Skins, Outfits, and Tonics. Outfits are costumes you wear over your armor, and tonics are well…. tonics like they are now in game.

If they introduce Swimsuits, they will either become armor skins, outfits, or tonics. There is no more town clothing when the new patch hits today.

And seeing as Anet wouldn’t want people running into battle in swimwear or a school outfit, the chance of them releasing them now will never happen. If we still had the Town Clothing system, then sure, I could see it. But now that it is removed, don’t count on it.

Think before you speak next time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

So expect them never.

so ignore this guy.

and how did your comment add anything to the discussion?

Fact is that the wardrobe system will change the way town clothing works, not removed, but changed in a way that it’s not called “town clothing” anymore.

And also fact is that anet has already broke the immersion of this game (if it ever had any). Bitfrost, The Dreamer were totally uncalled for, animated wings backpieces are completely unfitting, overall the artstyle of the game is a complete mess and you don’t know what the heck you’re playing.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Emperor.1360

Emperor.1360

I would buy a hot bikini so fast, like unbelievably fast, from the gem store. Yes, I am that vain.

Omnes stulti estis, quod putatis vos esse
intellegentes eximiosque, quamvis
non fuistis, vere non estis et eritis numquam.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Immersion and lore can easily be sacrificed for more $$$$

As long as people buy virtual items of no value with real money, they’ll keep at it. They’re a business, you know.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I would buy a hot bikini so fast, like unbelievably fast, from the gem store. Yes, I am that vain.

You are the Emperor for a reason. /bow

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

TBH swimsuit would be best implemented as a tonic. I don’t want people running in PvP wearing speedos and wielding greatswords.

The notion of a giant Norn pulling his greatsword out of his speedo and proceeding to wield it against me is certainly terrifying…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

silvermember.8941

So expect them never.

so ignore this guy.

Anet stated that there will be no more Town Clothing. It is all being converted to Armor Skins, Outfits, and Tonics. Outfits are costumes you wear over your armor, and tonics are well…. tonics like they are now in game.

If they introduce Swimsuits, they will either become armor skins, outfits, or tonics. There is no more town clothing when the new patch hits today.

And seeing as Anet wouldn’t want people running into battle in swimwear or a school outfit, the chance of them releasing them now will never happen. If we still had the Town Clothing system, then sure, I could see it. But now that it is removed, don’t count on it.

You really should follow your own advice. The changes were design to let costumes be more useful. there is laterally no reason why the school armor will not appear on the cash shop. The new system allows them to do that.

To expand more on what I mean by better support, It helps if you think of town clothes as a 4th weight class of armor. Clothing was meant to offer visual options that break the class roles, however we were never completely happy with the way it was isolated from the rest of the game and still felt largely the same. Many pieces could have easily been mistaken for light or medium armor. In many ways it was more akin to building an alt character because town-clothes and armor were so separated. Additionally, every time we added something to town-clothes, it didn’t really help someone building their light, medium, or heavy look. And there was no way to add combat gear fairly without creating 3 versions on the back end (light, medium, and heavy). As a customization platform and sustainable expansion design it left a lot to be desired.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/page/18#post3823361

You can read the devs comments for more information, now thank you very much for playing. It must suck being so arrogantly wrong.

in Black Lion Trading Co

SpyderArachnid.5619

So expect them never.

so ignore this guy.

You really should follow your own advice. The changes were design to let costumes be more useful. there is laterally no reason why the school armor will not appear on the cash shop. The new system allows them to do that.

To expand more on what I mean by better support, It helps if you think of town clothes as a 4th weight class of armor. Clothing was meant to offer visual options that break the class roles, however we were never completely happy with the way it was isolated from the rest of the game and still felt largely the same. Many pieces could have easily been mistaken for light or medium armor. In many ways it was more akin to building an alt character because town-clothes and armor were so separated. Additionally, every time we added something to town-clothes, it didn’t really help someone building their light, medium, or heavy look. And there was no way to add combat gear fairly without creating 3 versions on the back end (light, medium, and heavy). As a customization platform and sustainable expansion design it left a lot to be desired.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/page/18#post3823361

You can read the devs comments for more information, now thank you very much for playing. It must suck being so arrogantly wrong.

You really don’t get it do you? I’ll forgive your ignorance.

The point is, they would highly clash with the game. Do you really think Anet wants people in dungeons or WvW in Swimsuits? It doesn’t matter that they can be outfits or tonics. It is the fact that they would clash way too much.

No one wants to run a dungeon with a Warrior in a bikini or a schoolgirl outfit. And I can take a guess and say Anet doesn’t want us doing that as well. So it’s not a matter of if it can be an outfit or not, it’s a matter of it destroying the atmosphere of the game to have a bunch of swimsuit clad warriors fighting monsters in GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Well, my Charrdian is running around killing things as Mad King Thorn now, so…

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I would love a nice hot one piece swimsiut. Very sexy.

Bit I want it dye-able

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Emperor.1360

Emperor.1360

The point is, they would highly clash with the game. Do you really think Anet wants people in dungeons or WvW in Swimsuits? It doesn’t matter that they can be outfits or tonics. It is the fact that they would clash way too much.

No one wants to run a dungeon with a Warrior in a bikini or a schoolgirl outfit. And I can take a guess and say Anet doesn’t want us doing that as well. So it’s not a matter of if it can be an outfit or not, it’s a matter of it destroying the atmosphere of the game to have a bunch of swimsuit clad warriors fighting monsters in GW2.

You are exaggerating when you say that “no one” wants to run a dungeon with someone in a bikini. Do not attempt to speak as though your opinion is that of all others. On the contrary, many players would not care, judging from the evidence of many characters dressed in “ridiculous” outfits. I certainly would be one of the people who would remain perfectly blissful if I saw others in stupid outfits.

Perhaps that would not be the case if this game were one which took itself seriously; frankly, the “lore” is absurd and already quite childlike. If this game featured a serious, gritty setting, then yes, I would agree with your perspective. However, that is not the case.

Opinions differ. The fact that they do is fine. Every person has different perspectives. Please have the courtesy and sense to avoid exaggerating and playing off your ideas to be those of everybody else.

Omnes stulti estis, quod putatis vos esse
intellegentes eximiosque, quamvis
non fuistis, vere non estis et eritis numquam.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

No one wants to run a dungeon with a Warrior in a bikini or a schoolgirl outfit.

Anet is the one who put in a bow that shoots rainbow unicorns, nobody asked for that but plenty would use it if they could. Pretty much everyone who is asking for the swimsuit costume fully intends to play the game with that look. Your personal distaste for such items does not indicate any reluctance on Anet’s part or that of the larger community. Anet already produced the assets without any prodding from us – this thread is only here because we became aware that the costume already exists. And the simple fact is that they would probably sell more of these than any other cosmetic item thus far, more so if they can be equipped (which would also drive transmutations).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The swimsuits are in the game.

Just go to the beach in Southsun cove just south of the Asura gate by bartender. The game will auto-put the swimsuit on you.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Still waiting for the paper bag hats. :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oda Nobunaga.2395

Oda Nobunaga.2395

We got nukes, knives, sharp sticks… only things missing in the inventory of the ultimate badkitten are swimsuits. Give them to us already!

P.S. Would gladly throw r/l money for them

(edited by Oda Nobunaga.2395)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have a question, how is it a problem when someone walks around in a school uniform but it’s totally ok when a zerg ruins someone’s enjoyment of the game?
i mean, the zerg is there and nether you or i can do anything about it regardless on how much it hurts the game but a school uniform is just an outfit for the character, zergers don’t want others to dictate how they play but for some reason it’s an outrage when someone walks around in an outfit the player likes him/her self.

what happened to freedom of independence?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Chicks named Alex look hot in school uniforms.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

you forgot to say they weigh 200kg and have beard

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

you forgot to say they weigh 200kg and have beard

Neckbeards*

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I hope Anet puts Lord Faren’s Underwear in the gemstore as a leg skin.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Dunno about School Uniforms but Swimsuit costume would be nice. My old Town Clothes setup was basically that with just Blue Khaki shorts and Quaggan hat. RIP makeshift swimsuit.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d like this suggestion too. Just NOT as tonics! GG, losing my mix and match with the Khaki shorts and rouched top is still a very bitter subject for me. Must be armor skins!!!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EasleyThames.4396

EasleyThames.4396

I am very much in favor of this. I would buy a swim suit and school uniform immediately if it was offered.

The game needs more stuff like this!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Narthexia.1836

Narthexia.1836

School uniforms, kinda creepy IMO.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lydia Solace.1348

Lydia Solace.1348

I really hope they are still looking into swim suits for the summer the school uniform I guess can be left up for debate but we absolutely should have swim suits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

I really hope they are still looking into swim suits for the summer the school uniform I guess can be left up for debate but we absolutely should have swim suits.

I am eagerly awaiting Summer hoping this happens. Will be spending a lot of time in Southsun then just for laughs. xD

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lydia Solace.1348

I am eagerly awaiting Summer hoping this happens. Will be spending a lot of time in Southsun then just for laughs. xD

Hay if they bring them out we are going to have a party in Mag or whatever server you are on to show the happiness players will receive out of these items!! We will set up an event on Reddit and everything it will be fantastic so bring your suit!! ^o^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lydia Solace.1348

On a side note Swim suits and school uniforms are two separate topics so we should have this form dedicated to swim suits for its forum topic (so please just have “Players want Swim Suits” as this forums topic) . Since we are nearing the summer we need as much support as we can on the topic of swim suits first and because there are already models of swim suits in the game (unlike the uniform). When we are closer to the Fall of this year there should be a separate forum for School uniforms since then the idea be actually popular for back to school. I am fully in favor of both and I regularly would post in both discussions.

(edited by Lydia Solace.1348)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EasleyThames.4396

EasleyThames.4396

I completely support both swim suits and uniforms. I would buy both. Probably for both my account and my GF’s account.

However, I agree with the other posters here who want to treat them as separate issues. Mainly because the swim suits are FAR more popular and relevant to the current season (Summer).

It also seems like swim suits would be an easier goal for the developers due to the fact that the models are already in-game, as shown on many NPCs in South Sun Cove.

School uniforms are very cool as well, but they reflect a different aesthetic (more like anime) while swim suits are a very universal thing that would probably be met with much more praise from the community.

I know there are a few people who think swim suits are too skimpy or something, but if you really look at the armor that’s already in-game, there are TONS of items that are equally as revealing.

As for school uniforms, let’s save that for the Fall or something. It would go well with back-to-school events as the poster above me suggested. I am in complete agreement with Lydia Solace.

Oh, and while we’re on the topic of skins, I’d love more head gear like bunny or cat ears!

(edited by EasleyThames.4396)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

The notion of a giant Norn pulling his greatsword out of his speedo and proceeding to wield it against me is certainly terrifying…

This statement made the entire thread worthwhile to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lydia Solace.1348

The fact I have to run around in panties when I go to a beach is childish and unnecessary…

Please give us swim suits I am a female gamer and I love this game for all the unique features it has to offer but… Being a female player and being told I cant dress the way I want in the game I enjoy is not only insulting to me but also extremely disappointing. The undergarments we wear already have the general shape of a swim suit so why not make a legit nice dye-able swim suit for the purpose of beach zones and RP it’s not that hard the models all ready exist.

Reply to this form if you also want swim suits and to not be running around in undergarments at the beach.

(edited by Lydia Solace.1348)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

So… what is the ETA on these in the gem store. They are very clearly somewhere in the games code already, and we are still waiting.

Just wanted to make sure they knew we are still waiting. And no we have not forgotten yet.

[Edit]

[&AgHFpwAA] —- Again, still waiting.

What is this a Korean F2P?

Anet give us new skills!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GummiArms.5368

GummiArms.5368

I wouldn’t mind some swimsuits. Especially if they were southsun resort compatible.

Seems silly that the fix there is to strip down to your underwear. And making the swimsuit as a tonic rather than a proper skin does make sense too.

Either way, this should be implemented.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Greatsword? You mean to say letter opener

#ELEtism

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Moderator.9604

Moderator.9604

Hello

Please use this thread to suggest things for the gem store:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/List-Of-Things-We-Want-In-Gemstore/page/18#post3948216