Thanks John..

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’m considering releasing my gold making guide next week John.

+500g a week, but doesn’t involve gold faucets at all. I sincerely hope you do not nerf it at all

lol, I’m been eager waiting for you to post it.

I was making about 10 per hour from harvesting. Quite good money since I have so many alts. But the profit have been down with the price drop.

I know i shouldnt say this with wvw tourny coming up but farming heavy bags of skritt shinies in the NE corner of a BL map will do.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I know i shouldnt say this with wvw tourny coming up but farming heavy bags of skritt shinies in the NE corner of a BL map will do.

Indeed. I have no idea how or why their prices stay as persistently high as they do, but killing those skritt remains super profitable (if you don’t mind griefing your home BL).

In fairness, my sample size is small, but I’ve seen no indication that they’re worth their price.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Cheers John!

I virtually never died, so with nerf to champion loot/events I will be considerably worse off gold wise.

Cheers again John, thanks very much!

Here is why you will not be worse off ‘gold wise’ as a result of this change (graph included):

1. Gold will sink from the game far faster than it is being brought in with the reduction of Champ Farming and Event Completion gold. This will occur as players pay taxes.

2. Due to each player having ‘less gold’, they sell items that they received from Events and Champ farming, such as T6 Materials. As well as this, these items fall in price due to an increased supply[Graph: AS shifts down the AD curve to AS1, Price level drops down to P1].

3. As a consequence of this, all items associated with the materials being mass sold (T5, Weapons, etc.) will fall in price too – the number of associated items are a lot, and pretty much cover everything that a player needs.

4. Because a lot of players have listed all their materials and items due to the price fall (known as panic selling), no one really wants to buy any of that stuff due to it falling in price thus demand falls. [Graph: AD curve moves down the AS curve to AD1, Price Levels fall further to P2].

Okay, now you are probably wondering how this means you have more gold than you did before, lets say before this all happened, I could buy 100 vicious claws for 50g (random example), due to the price drops my gold will now buy me 200 vicious claws for the same amount, thus my gold is worth more. Please remember that this is more of a long term scenario – this could not necessarily happen overnight and this is only taking into account the changes implied by the blog post today – they may just as easily be counteracted by another change mentioned another day.

So I cannot see the entire game as y’all can; but given that limited perspective, can you explain why my scenario is unlikely?

1. Gold will sink from the game far faster than it is being brought in with the reduction of Champ Farming and Event Completion gold. This will occur as players pay taxes.

True

2. Due to each player having ‘less gold’, they sell items that they received from Events and Champ farming, such as T6 Materials. As well as this, these items fall in price due to an increased supply[Graph: AS shifts down the AD curve to AS1, Price level drops down to P1].

There is the assumption here that we sell loot.

Its value is so low compared to value in salvaging it (whether to resell or to craft something else) that I have started salvaging more and more as time has gone on. MY assumption is there are more players than not doing the same thing?

So that calls into question the assumption that supply will actually increase… if we’re eating it now, why won’t we eat it then?"

3. As a consequence of this, all items associated with the materials being mass sold (T5, Weapons, etc.) will fall in price too – the number of associated items are a lot, and pretty much cover everything that a player needs.

IF my assumption above turns out true, then what may very well happen is the supply won’t change at all.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

WoW, we get something free of charge, and people are complaining? Can’t believe that…
Maybe start thinking about all the players who are not playing 24/7 and not having so much money to throw it away for things like the selfless potion?

I’m grateful, that the repair cost is getting removed. Thanks for that!

It’s not about complaining that repair costs were removed. It’s that said removal is being used as the excuse to further reduce gold input to the economy.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

The mystic forge changes are a work in progress. What I will promise is that when it is done you will like it much better than you do now.

The number of rares and exotics I’ve chucked into the forge (for science!) is absolutely staggering. I would like to take a moment and share with all of you what I’ve learned about the forge: you put 4 items in and get 1 item back.

That is all.

Wow, the number is in fact staggering.

Can we have a /toilet command in-game for this?

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

so from what I can get from /deaths.. I have 1774 total deaths on my account, giving myself a higher than actual cost per death (as not all of those are level 80 characters, and none of my characters has higher than a 2s repair bill per death) of 2s per death.. I’ll save.. 35 gold for a year and a half of content.. no idea how many times I’ve respecced but it’s not often and so I’ve probably spent less than 5 gold on respeccing (that’s a very high estimate).. to give a round figure of 40g in savings.. I think this change is just going to be net loss in money for me. I’d rather have waypoint costs removed than repairs. Waypoints cost way more than repairs.

So.. I guess.. use those instant repair canisters I’ve been hoarding before the 15th..

Don’t forget that the trait unlocks (3.5g over the course of leveling) are also going away. You’ll get to find traits in open world, yay

Yeah that was good but still.. seems like they looked at it as how do we take gold out of the economy and then add a paltry savings to convince people it’s balanced out?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Borderlands.

/15 Charrs

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I think that in the long run this change will lead to 2 things in both gameplay and economy:

• Even more people will start using berserker gear because 1) there’s even less punishment for playing risky → no incentive to complete content efficiently, 2) with introduction of Ferocity and rework of sigils, precision-focused builds got nerfed harder than berserker, 3) they believe their rewards went down so they need to kill faster to keep up.
  • Market prices on berserker gear (and relevant crafting mats) will become even higher due to increased demand. Other craftable gear as well as non-craftable inscriptions drop in price because no one needs them anymore, (even?) more non-berserker gear gets salvaged possibly lowering the price of ecto.
20 level 80s and counting.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

snip

I’m so confused. This isn’t the dungeon forums.

Code for
everything in this post gave me a headache and you should feel bad about it.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

Johns first mistakes in this patch. I knew it had to come. It probably isn’t even for convenience, but jsut to nerf the gold existing in the market.

My personal economy lesson for John. Undue the repair change. Continu with scarlet alike npc’s. Currency + gold to get something. Selfless potion is like what, 500 armor repairs? Repeat these, and you will have more sink then the not so clever repair cost overhaul.

You can’t deplete something that is bottomless… the whole gold-sink scheme in mmos is flawed because of one thing:

In-game currency regenerates. By that I mean there isn’t a finite amount of gold in the game where once we hit the cap, the mobs stop dropping coins and the renown rewards dry up.

I could spend every last bit of money I have tonight, and then go out and farm the mobs, by tomorrow I could have the same amount back.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

snip

I’m so confused. This isn’t the dungeon forums.

Code for
everything in this post gave me a headache and you should feel bad about it.

Are you implying that gameplay models have no effect on economy? Or that gameplay model changes that result in economy shifts should not be discussed in BLTC section? Or that this thread is only for “Thanking John”?

I’ve finished leveling an alt yesterday, and was surprised by the pricing on berserker’s gear once again. The economy speaks for itself, and I see that this change will further illustrate the disbalance in gameplay.

20 level 80s and counting.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

You can opt out of waypoints I don’t feel that it’s the same as repair.
Also 14.6506g in total cost, you guys are good!

This doesn’t have to be true. PvP deaths count too, and you never had to repair that armor.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Or JP deaths. Or deaths during a character’s early life when you would replace your armor while levelling instead of repairing. Or armor that you fixed with Repair Canisters.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

Regarding MF change – I hope that it mean:
you put 4 minor bloodlust sigil – you get 1 minor (75%) or 1 major (25% chance) bloodlust sigil
the same for runes
4 named exotic – 1 named exotic
;)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The mystic forge changes are a work in progress. What I will promise is that when it is done you will like it much better than you do now.

The number of rares and exotics I’ve chucked into the forge (for science!) is absolutely staggering. I would like to take a moment and share with all of you what I’ve learned about the forge: you put 4 items in and get 1 item back.

That is all.

I have learned something different, I start with a 100 items end up with 1-3 at the end, mystic toilet best gold sink EVER.

Its exactly the same as when people go to a slot machine in Vegas with a buket full of coins and soon end up with 0. I should know, done that loads in Vegas…

Cheers John!

I virtually never died, so with nerf to champion loot/events I will be considerably worse off gold wise.

You’ve died 895 times.

ROFL busted

#NSA

Not really 80-90% of those 895 deaths happened in sPvP where there are no repair costs…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I hope part of it involves the ability to throw superior runes and sigils to forge other superior runes and sigils we might find more useful. If it works for gear, why not these? Please make it happen!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

That is all.

Wow, the number is in fact staggering.

It ought to be, that kid has more legendaries than any one human (or charr or asura or sylvari or norn) should.
You probably already saw that too though.
kitten you Zel. <3

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

How many times from falling?
How many times in WvW with the Outmanned buff?

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I dont like these changes at all. I died 11343 times on my main character and I dont give a crap about the repair costs. I guess its close to 20k on whole account.

I wonder how this change affects you negatively…

Isnt it obvious? I will save a little bit on repair costs but loose out a lot more on champion bags.

For now we know how much repair costs will be nerfed (100%) but we dont know how much champ loot will be nerfed. Concerning your deaths, i would hazard a guess that most of them came in pvp where you dont have repair costs in the first place. I dont know where your champ bage come from but i guess its degenerative gameplay.
If you die during champ trains, you dont deserve any loot, or a rez.

Mine are from dungeons and events. I guess I am getting hit twice. So yeah … thanks.
On the other hand if participating in events is to be considered degenerative gameplay then this would explain a LOT.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Now i also want a Death Statistic from John .. since i think i really died not often

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Cheers John, I’d like to say “Thanks!” for a different reason — it’s really refreshing to see an employee actively engaging their community.

You’re a rare breed — keep it up, it is really appreciated!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

And now JS is doing his Root/Machine impersonation.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Now i also want a Death Statistic from John .. since i think i really died not often

I actually put him on my friends list 2 months ago but havent seen him online since, so i guess he isnt playing much or is invisible.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Speaking of repairs…

How do you people die so much?

Edit: not allowing me multiple screens apparently

Attachments:

(edited by Syeria.4812)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Speaking of repairs…

I think some hardcore pvp players have close to 15-20k deaths.
Usually the death rate in wvw is also higher than in pve.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Speaking of repairs…

Spvp would make sense. Considering my wvw rank, unless they’re playing way more than me…

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Speaking of repairs…

Spvp would make sense. Considering my wvw rank, unless they’re playing way more than me…

Personally, i have 4k hours logged, so nearly double as much as you.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Speaking of repairs…

Yet on a single character, nearly quadruple the number of deaths on my account, and almost all of my time is from active play (no afking, no “hanging in LA”, fairly little TP time). But we’re getting a bit far off topic.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Speaking of repairs…

Yet on a single character, nearly quadruple the number of deaths on my account.

I only play 1 character. And I die alot. I never claimed to be a good player, either.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

The issues being brought with champion loot Nerf fail to take into account the real issue in my never humble opinion. Anet decides to remove the death penalty in terms of gold paid for repairs but that may not be a benevolent act, it is likely a byproduct of ascended gear becoming account bound since account bound items aren’t damaged in combat, as well as the PvP and PvE gear unification. While they could’ve added durability loss to those items it would likely create more coding than simply removing repairs entirely.

Now, to balance the gold in the economy they required a new sink or a Nerf and they chose to make champion farming less profitable. I would speculate that based on meta data champ farmers contribute the least to gem sales as did speed clearer’s before them. Anet’s change may well not hurt anyone too severely but it is yet another move to punish a play style that doesn’t benefit their bottom line. Rather than making other endeavors more desirable they’re removing the benefits of those styles of play. Play the way you want, just as long as you chose to play what we want you to play. They could’ve removed gold from any part of the game, they chose WvW and champ trains.

Punitive Taxation

1. A tax imposed to discourage a behavior.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Rather than making other endeavors more desirable they’re removing the benefits of those styles of play.

I guess you didnt check out the new pvp rewards, which will flush alot of gold and mats into the economy.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Yeah, while repair costs are certainly not trivial in the gold supply calculation, I’d estimate it’s a very small fraction of the change that taking away currency drops from champ loot bags. They’re not particularly closely related to each other.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Rather than making other endeavors more desirable they’re removing the benefits of those styles of play.

I guess you didnt check out the new pvp rewards, which will flush alot of gold and mats into the economy.

Which makes my point. People don’t PVP enough in a game that wanted to be an eSport so they added incentives. Also I pointed out styles of play which do not contribute to gem sales, there are players who play GW2 exclusively for sPvP and giving these players gold and pve rewards is also a way to get them to play pve which increases the odds theoretically that they will require gems. The player base for sPvP may well increase due to this change, but if it does significantly, expect a Nerf to those rewards.

Tax Incentive

1. A tax incentive is meant to encourage a particular economic activity.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)