Thanks John..

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Oh yeah, definitely, but that’s across at least 40 or so hours per week. 8-12/g hour, on the conservative side. The players right now who have no problems champ training for hours upon hours will definitely take advantage. Your casual player, not so much.

Only reason why I’m releasing it is because it’s getting a bit too popular on top servers. It would be nice to spread out the playerbase on all servers to do it so that I don’t have to compete for loot all the time.

Sure prices will drop quite a bit, but having more opportunities would be favorable.

I’m surprised no one else has written a guide for it too. It’s incredibly simple and utilizes the game mechanics too

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I’m considering releasing my gold making guide next week John.

+500g a week, but doesn’t involve gold faucets at all. I sincerely hope you do not nerf it at all

I have guide that can help you make even more money than that. It involves some work but I believe it is not worth it.

How the hell do you guys do this. I’m sitting on ~130 gold, close to the most I remember ever having. Hnnnng.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

+500g a week, but doesn’t involve gold faucets at all. I sincerely hope you do not nerf it at all

I have guide that can help you make even more money than that. It involves some work but I believe it is not worth it.

Unless it involves farming, I don’t think it would do me any good.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

John, 1 chapter of your blogpost got me wondering:

*Mystic Forge

The Mystic Forge is going to get a lot of changes this year. To kick things off, we’re adjusting the way Zommoros distributes rare and exotic rewards a bit, allowing for more variation in output. This is just a stepping stone to further changes that will make the Mystic Forge a much better experience in the future. Please note: the rate of precursors will not be affected.*

The statement about the mystic goldspring (or toilet, whatever takes your fancy) is very obscure. Will there be a nerf or a buff related to rare and exotic output?
I guess you are not allowed to talk about it but i am wondering in general, if those changes will be included in the patch notes for the feature patch or not?
I am just asking because i have the impression that MF recipes dont get mentioned in the patch notes, for example the promotion recipe of watchwork sprockets to blade shards. If thats the case, is that an oversight or intentional because you want the player base to find out those recipes themselves?

If mystic forge recipes arent published on purpose because you want the player base to find them themselves, could you give a statement on how much mf recipes have been triggered until now and how much are still undiscovered?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

That job is to make my life easier while I John Smith while learning to John Smith.

I like the idea of having two people to John Smith. I wish you luck with finding help.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Unless it involves farming, I don’t think it would do me any good.

If it doesn’t involve dungeon crawling, or spending my entire game time playing the TP I’ll buy it now!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vlad Morbius.1759

*Mystic Forge

The Mystic Forge is going to get a lot of changes this year. To kick things off, we’re adjusting the way Zommoros distributes rare and exotic rewards a bit, allowing for more variation in output. This is just a stepping stone to further changes that will make the Mystic Forge a much better experience in the future. Please note: the rate of precursors will not be affected.*

The statement about the mystic goldspring (or toilet, whatever takes your fancy) is very obscure. Will there be a nerf or a buff related to rare and exotic output?
I guess you are not allowed to talk about it but i am wondering in general, if those changes will be included in the patch notes for the feature patch or not?
I am just asking because i have the impression that MF recipes dont get mentioned in the patch notes, for example the promotion recipe of watchwork sprockets to blade shards. If thats the case, is that an oversight or intentional because you want the player base to find out those recipes themselves?

If mystic forge recipes arent published on purpose because you want the player base to find them themselves, could you give a statement on how much mf recipes have been triggered until now and how much are still undiscovered?

One thing I’ve come to learn when it comes to Anet and information, if it’s good news they will play up every positive specific they can, if it’s vague it’s because it’s bad news to the player base and they want to limit the flack until patch day….so it’s safe to consider this bad news.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Sorry, i dont think even Guardians are that strong.

I will have a chat with the balance team, if they can tweak it a little bit.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont like these changes at all. I died 11343 times on my main character and I dont give a crap about the repair costs. I guess its close to 20k on whole account.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

*Mystic Forge

One thing I’ve come to learn when it comes to Anet and information, if it’s good news they will play up every positive specific they can, if it’s vague it’s because it’s bad news to the player base and they want to limit the flack until patch day….so it’s safe to consider this bad news.

I disagree, concerning the mystic forge, they might have good reasons to hold back on some info or not release it at all. Personally, i would release info on promoting for example but would only give limited info on tonics to give players some feeling of being able to discover something new. I guess John always has to consider, if a new mf recipe is tradeable or not. If it is tradable, it could seriously affect the economy, so it should be mentioned in patch notes but if the outcome is account bound, i dont see a reason, why it should be mentioned beyond the point of "new recipes for “XXX” items have been introduced to Zommoros, happy hunting", as it might serve as a mat sink.
However, i would still like to see a statement, if there are still mf recipes that havent been discovered yet.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I dont like these changes at all. I died 11343 times on my main character and I dont give a crap about the repair costs. I guess its close to 20k on whole account.

I wonder how this change affects you negatively…

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JasperHuff.8472

JasperHuff.8472

PS: what do i do with 22 leftover repair canisters now?

I’ve only read mention of no repair costs, not that there won’t be any repairs needed.

I might be wrong, but it clearly states there will still be a need to repair:

April Feature Pack:

We feel the time penalty to return and repair accomplishes our goal enough to not need a secondary cost that punishes newer and less experienced players the most.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I virtually never died

You’ve died 895 times.

But I die a lot less now…

Don’t try to fix it, that was a burn on the face hahaha.

I was not expecting my deaths to be quoted back to me, correct.

That’s why John Smith is Legendary

Even when he makes me poor and takes gold from my poor 8×80th lvl characters mouths…

To be fair, you do die less now

o.0

Is there a way to see how many times you’ve died in-game? I wanna know!

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

The mystic forge changes are a work in progress. What I will promise is that when it is done you will like it much better than you do now.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Typing /deaths brings up the number of times you’ve died in-game with that character.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I virtually never died

You’ve died 895 times.

But I die a lot less now…

Don’t try to fix it, that was a burn on the face hahaha.

I was not expecting my deaths to be quoted back to me, correct.

That’s why John Smith is Legendary

Even when he makes me poor and takes gold from my poor 8×80th lvl characters mouths…

To be fair, you do die less now

o.0

Is there a way to see how many times you’ve died in-game? I wanna know!

Type /deaths in your chat window
its character specific.

Type /age to see how long you have been online/onyour char

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Anyone else feel like we are being buttered-up before getting bad news?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

The mystic forge changes are a work in progress. What I will promise is that when it is done you will like it much better than you do now.

But what if Zommoros already is my BFF and Miyani my second favourite merchant (after Evon)? Will you tell us in this topic or in the patch notes, if Mystic Forge recipes will be changed or how many have not been discovered yet? Or not at all? Personally, i wouldnt mind either but i would like to know Anets general stance on mf recipes.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Ideal scenario:

You can still gamble on the forge, throwing in hundreds of gold into it.

But everytime you ‘fail’ you are rewarded with a token that can be exchanged with a guaranteed award.

I.e. Throw in 4000 GS and you get 400 GS tokens which can be exchanged for Dusk/Dawn

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Cheers John!

I virtually never died, so with nerf to champion loot/events I will be considerably worse off gold wise.

Cheers again John, thanks very much!

You’ve died 895 times.

Errrm…actually I assume you were having me on…being legendary and all because after logging in and typing /deaths /age I came up with the following:-

80th lvl Ranger deaths 1,471
80th lvl Necromancer 144
80th lvl Guardian 597
80th lvl Mesmer 252
80th lvl Warrior 913
80th lvl Thief 118
80th lvl Engineer 136
80th lvl Elementalist 373
2nd lvl Warrior (PvP only character) 375

Total Deaths 4,379
Hours played 1,739

Hopefully, you were ‘pulling my leg’ and your ingame meterics are not off…

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

However, i would still like to see a statement, if there are still mf recipes that havent been discovered yet.

The last time I’ve checked them, there were a handful of food tablet recipes that apparently were not discovered back then. However, some of them have been discovered since then.
I would also guess that there are some armor box recipes not crafted yet.
Don’t know about other and special recipes.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ideal scenario:

You can still gamble on the forge, throwing in hundreds of gold into it.

But everytime you ‘fail’ you are rewarded with a token that can be exchanged with a guaranteed award.

I.e. Throw in 4000 GS and you get 400 GS tokens which can be exchanged for Dusk/Dawn

If this happened, I think I would finally gamble for precursors. Make it so, John!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

On a random note this is what Anets Pvp Folk thinks of (presumably) John:

We removed glory and match reward chests early to prevent a flood of PvE players from coming into PvP just to fill their wardrobe. While the our team would LOVE everyone playing PvP, some super smart economist peopleguys said it would have negative repercussions on the in-game economy or something.

I heard, in PvP, they die alot and dont pay repair costs….

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vlad Morbius.1759

I will hold you to this statement, and applaud your courage and openness; communication regarding changes in this game need a lot of more of both.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Cheers John!

I virtually never died, so with nerf to champion loot/events I will be considerably worse off gold wise.

You’ve died 895 times.

Errrm…actually I assume you were having me on…being legendary and all because after logging in and typing /deaths /age I came up with the following:-

80th lvl Necromancer 144
80th lvl Guardian 597
80th lvl Mesmer 252
80th lvl Warrior 913
80th lvl Thief 118
80th lvl Engineer 136

Total Deaths 4,379
Hours played 1,739

I actually only pulled 2014, I thought that was more reasonable

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

80th lvl Necromancer 144
80th lvl Guardian 597
80th lvl Mesmer 252
80th lvl Warrior 913
80th lvl Thief 118
80th lvl Engineer 136

Total Deaths 4,379
Hours played 1,739

Okay, as long as your ingame meterics are working properly.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

So you guys are removing cost from repairing John Smith, thats great now noobs and casuals can die as many times as they want without worrying about their repairing bill. Personally i couldn’t care less because repairing armor never really bothered me it wasn’t much anyway. If anything it made me want to not die which resulted in me playing better and learning how to dodge/avoid cleaves and boss attacks. Now I dont even need to dodge I’ll just eat that kitten and not worry about loosing 3silver.

Anyway away with that.
How about this

Listen

Removing cost from waypoints. Seriously listen.
Ive been wanting to explore the wast world of Tyria, but I could never afford the silver to use waypoints. Im sure many new players, casuals and nublets feel the same. Oh so we can explore the world of tyria without worrying about repair cost? W-well how about waypoints? T-they are expensive too they prevent me from exploring the game. The Asura has allready amassed enough gold. Pander to the casuals and explorer some more and give them free waypointing.. Its a great way to avoid gold sink!! STABULE ECONUMUY MANY GOLD TO PLEBIANS

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

The last time I’ve checked them, there were a handful of food tablet recipes that apparently were not discovered back then. However, some of them have been discovered since then.
I would also guess that there are some armor box recipes not crafted yet.
Don’t know about other and special recipes.

I know. Food tablet recipes give a good ROI on skillpoints, as long as you find someone stupid enough to not know the recipe and buy it off you from the TP. Same goes for box/satchel recipes. I also discovered 1 or 2 transmutation tonics not being mentioned on the wiki before (they are account bount, so no proof through the TP). The Promotion recipe of 50 watchwork sprockets, 1 each t1 and t2 dust and 1 blade shards was never communicated through patch notes (and its the latest mf recipe introduced that i know of), so I am wondering if that silence is an oversight or working as intended.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Isnt it obvious? I will save a little bit on repair costs but loose out a lot more on champion bags.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Isnt it obvious? I will save a little bit on repair costs but loose out a lot more on champion bags.

For now we know how much repair costs will be nerfed (100%) but we dont know how much champ loot will be nerfed. Concerning your deaths, i would hazard a guess that most of them came in pvp where you dont have repair costs in the first place. I dont know where your champ bage come from but i guess its degenerative gameplay.
If you die during champ trains, you dont deserve any loot, or a rez.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Mainly from karma trains in WvW since I dont do champ trains or dungeons when they arent daily achievement

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Mainly from karma trains in WvW since I dont do champ trains or dungeons when they arent daily achievement

I am an avid wvw player at rank 500+. While i liked the population being drawn to EOTM, it soon became boring for me. I dont know, if your train departs on EOTM or the Borderlands but karma training on either of those maps is the same as FS or QD.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I dont know how you can compare borderlands/EB train to PvE train. Its an effective way to increase your servers points per tick even if you are outmanned.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

John, your link doesn’t work due to it due to some kinda bad header. If you copy paste this you’ll see the posting.

ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NCSOFT&cws=1&rid=1518

Too bad my background is all in Computer Science it sounds like a fun job.

(edited by MFoy.3284)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

MFoy any links that include ? and & variables never work due to the redirection page. You need to tiny URL it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

You mean your going to add gigantic flashing lights, bells, and whistles you see from an overzealous slot machine. However when you get nothing you will hear Nelson from the Simpsons speak his famous line (“ha-ha”).

All joking aside I hope it bring someone like me (who looks upon that bloody thing with discontent) to actually use it beyond the fixed recipes.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

80th lvl Necromancer 144
80th lvl Guardian 597
80th lvl Mesmer 252
80th lvl Warrior 913
80th lvl Thief 118
80th lvl Engineer 136

Total Deaths 4,379
Hours played 1,739

any chance well ever have access to those metrics, like more than just what /deaths returns? SAB ruined me, like at least 4k deaths on my engi. so my /deaths doesnt really reflect anything meaningful

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wirinus Satinus.8246

Wirinus Satinus.8246

people gold is so easy to get now u seam to forget hours of cof p1 , I found that every litle thing I do ingame nets me gold , so armor repair removal is convinience ,champ bagz smamp bagz who cares do some dungeons or play with mistic toilet …gold is all around u

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

so from what I can get from /deaths.. I have 1774 total deaths on my account, giving myself a higher than actual cost per death (as not all of those are level 80 characters, and none of my characters has higher than a 2s repair bill per death) of 2s per death.. I’ll save.. 35 gold for a year and a half of content.. no idea how many times I’ve respecced but it’s not often and so I’ve probably spent less than 5 gold on respeccing (that’s a very high estimate).. to give a round figure of 40g in savings.. I think this change is just going to be net loss in money for me. I’d rather have waypoint costs removed than repairs. Waypoints cost way more than repairs.

So.. I guess.. use those instant repair canisters I’ve been hoarding before the 15th..

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

so from what I can get from /deaths.. I have 1774 total deaths on my account, giving myself a higher than actual cost per death (as not all of those are level 80 characters, and none of my characters has higher than a 2s repair bill per death) of 2s per death.. I’ll save.. 35 gold for a year and a half of content.. no idea how many times I’ve respecced but it’s not often and so I’ve probably spent less than 5 gold on respeccing (that’s a very high estimate).. to give a round figure of 40g in savings.. I think this change is just going to be net loss in money for me. I’d rather have waypoint costs removed than repairs. Waypoints cost way more than repairs.

So.. I guess.. use those instant repair canisters I’ve been hoarding before the 15th..

Don’t forget that the trait unlocks (3.5g over the course of leveling) are also going away. You’ll get to find traits in open world, yay

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Schizo.1375

Schizo.1375

I don’t think armor damage is going away. Just the cost of repairing it.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Repair canisters still retain all of their usefulness after the 15th as they are a convenience item that allows you to repair your equipment anytime you want out in the field instead of having to visit a repair NPC. The only thing that is changing is that people who take the time to visit a repair NPC to repair their equipment will no longer need to pay the little bit of coin it currently costs.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

The number of rares and exotics I’ve chucked into the forge (for science!) is absolutely staggering. I would like to take a moment and share with all of you what I’ve learned about the forge: you put 4 items in and get 1 item back.

That is all.

Zelendel

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

The number of rares and exotics I’ve chucked into the forge (for science!) is absolutely staggering. I would like to take a moment and share with all of you what I’ve learned about the forge: you put 4 items in and get 1 item back.

That is all.

Wow, the number is in fact staggering.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m actually quite pleased with the change. I’ve been arguing for more goods and less mud-coin out of Events (and later champs) pretty much since I started playing the game. Honestly, more coin doesn’t help you (unless you are buying icy runestones). It just lets you cut further ahead in line against all the other players interested in the same things as you want.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Only thing that makes me itch is~

“The Mystic Forge is going to get a lot of changes this year. To kick things off, we’re adjusting the way Zommoros distributes rare and exotic rewards a bit, allowing for more variation in output. This is just a stepping stone to further changes that will make the Mystic Forge a much better experience in the future. Please note: the rate of precursors will not be affected.”

…Sounds a lot like the output of the forge will become less reliable — that I’ll throw 4 swords in and after-patch I might get back a mace or even a ring.

Of course, writing a press release blurb for “The thing that we will never tell you how it works is going to work differently – but we’ll still never tell you how…” is gonna be a bit light on details .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

ROFL busted

#NSA

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Some days I imagine it’s fun to be able to interact with the players who make up the data you monitor, John. Some days, probably not so much.

I’ve often wondered that about my own analyzing I do. I can’t help but wonder what sorts of things you see in some of us player’s use of your game and how odd/funny it all probably is from the other end of the server.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

That is all.

Wow, the number is in fact staggering.

Someone please pop some AoE stability inside Anet HQ!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

lol, I’m been eager waiting for you to post it.

I was making about 10 per hour from harvesting. Quite good money since I have so many alts. But the profit have been down with the price drop.