Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

The Good the Bad & the Ugly -BLTP buy/sell Interface

The Good
-Item price listed
-Both buy and sell listing listed on same page
-Quantity slider
-It has yet to crash
-No listing or exchange fees for selling materials (is that a change?)

The Bad
-The arrows that adjust price way too small (appears to share the same tiny arrows as in crafting)
-The Interface insert is cramped.

The Ugly
-Removal of Profit feature. Why remove a feature ppl used? Seems insidious and unwise.
-The number of listings for Ordered and Available is just plain broken. Another change that gives less info rather than more.

Conclusions- I’m an active TP user. I used the TP to max my Magic Find and made a profit. The changes make me want to play GW2 less rather than more.

Not a fan of the new Black Lion Trading Company Light

The Good the Bad & the Ugly - BLTP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Arrows are optional, scroll wheel still works in those fields. Interface layout I think is sized to fit at UI small on a 1024×768 or 1280×720 resolution.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

TP interface too small…

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

UI scaling works now. I wish they made TP UI scaling a separate setting.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Arrows are optional, scroll wheel still works in those fields. Interface layout I think is sized to fit at UI small on a 1024×768 or 1280×720 resolution.

Scroll wheel still works, whoever, it doesnt matter if you scroll the wheel up or down, the value always decreases.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Scroll wheel still works, whoever, it doesnt matter if you scroll the wheel up or down, the value always decreases.

Not for me. It scrolls up and down with my mousewheel.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Add:

The Bad
- Removal of “Add to your lowest listing” ((Now it’s gone, I realise that I used that a lot with stuff I was selling regularly, that I was sometimes pricing higher than the current lowest offers, to monitor whether or not it was selling and therefore whether I was setting my prices realistically. Now I have to go through the hassle of bringing up the list of what I’m selling to find the same info, and frankly it’s too much trouble. And I also have to keep a note of what I’m selling for, unless I’m going to be continually checking. Again, more hassle than I need.))

The Good? The Bad?
- Can no longer accidentally (but more to the point, not deliberately either) sell at a price that will undercut the vendors ((selling price now has to be at least vendor price once listing and exchange fees have been deducted, and the interface brings up a “minimum price” error message if you try to select a lower offer or enter a lower price)).

The Ugly
- Yup… Font and button sizes on a big screen for much of the detailed info. I run 1920×1080, and some of those numbers and buttons are miniscule.

Oh – and it’s a pain to have to keep grabbing the (tiny!) slider, to pull it across when I want to sell everything in a stack – previously the interface often came up set to that value, and when it didn’t I had a big, friendly button to push.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’m not so upset about the inability to ‘add to lowest listing’ as I am about not knowing if I already have something listed and at what price. So often I’ll have a stack of something to sell, but I know it doesn’t sell quickly, so I list 20, wait for those to sell or the price to drop, list 20 more, etc. It’s safer that way.
I’m also upset about when you cancel a buy order, it moves to the top of your buy order list. So if you’re canceling a bunch of old buy orders, you scroll down, cancel, confirm, scroll down, cancel confirm, … this takes at least 10 times longer than it used to.
They also removed the clicking fast to place multiple orders at once. That’s understandable, but they should at least increase how many you can buy at a time. This TP is more individual than the last one, meaning it’s good at buying 1 item but not so good at buying multiple items. It takes so long to place one buy order that to buy 20,000 items, for example, is stupid complicated and time consuming.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Good-
-I like that you can now filter out by armor type.

Bad-
-It is WAY too hard to find out which of your items just sold. There are way too many button presses in between opening the TP and being able to check what you are buying, selling, bought, and sold. These used to be top-level options and now they are like 4-5 clicks deep. Ridiculous waste of time. At the BARE minimum here, when you click the “History” tab, there is PLENTY of room in the mid-left panel to show “Current Transactions→Buying, Selling” AND “History→ Bought, Sold” at the same time. Just list Buying, Selling, bought, Sold just like that vertically and cut out the extra clicks.

-Ideally, leave “Home” where it is, but move “Buy,” “Sell,” “Current Transactions”, and “History” ALL to the lefthand sidebar that currently only has the gemstore, exchange, and home screen buttons.

-When listing multiple items, it shows the “current seller” price for the item, but not the highest “current buyer” price. It would be much easier to judge sales if both of these values were shown from the top level item listing.

-It keeps forgetting what I’m doing. I’ll set the number I want to sell, and then tweak the price I want to sell at, and it forgets that I wanted to sell more than one of them so I have to fiddle with that again. Likewise when searching for items, if I type a name in, and then tweak the other options, I typically have to retype the name again.

-For the quantity slider, you can move the block along it, or you can type into the box next to it, or you can click the tiny up/down arrows next to that number. Ideally, there would be large “left/right” arrows NEXT to the bar, one on each end of it, so that you can click it just like the tiny up-down arrows to move the bar (ie if you want it to be at 117, you drag it roughly to 19 or something, and then click left twice, rather than having to fidget it perfectly or click the tiny up/down arrows).

-When you want to adjust a price, double-clicking inside the number box does not seem to select both digits, making it harder to delete the whole number and replace it with a new one.

-The icons are a little too big. I saw in one of the previews that there is some trick to squish them smaller? I’d like there to be a “settings” button for that. As it is, I can only view 8.1 items at a time on the screen, I’d like to be able to see twice that many items at a time.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Doghouse.1562

I’m not so upset about the inability to ‘add to lowest listing’ as I am about not knowing if I already have something listed and at what price.

Well – that’s effectively what I was doing, but for faster-moving, volatile stuff (like foxfires, recently). “Is it still there? OK, my last price was maybe a bit too high…”

I’m also upset about when you cancel a buy order, it moves to the top of your buy order list. So if you’re canceling a bunch of old buy orders, you scroll down, cancel, confirm, scroll down, cancel confirm, … this takes at least 10 times longer than it used to.
They also removed the clicking fast to place multiple orders at once. That’s understandable, but they should at least increase how many you can buy at a time. This TP is more individual than the last one, meaning it’s good at buying 1 item but not so good at buying multiple items. It takes so long to place one buy order that to buy 20,000 items, for example, is stupid complicated and time consuming.

Ouch. And ouch again. Hadn’t found either of those yet, but I suspect I’m going to hate them both.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

So if you’re canceling a bunch of old buy orders, you scroll down, cancel, confirm, scroll down, cancel confirm, … this takes at least 10 times longer than it used to.

They also removed the clicking fast to place multiple orders at once.

These two things + inability to add to your existing listing are my biggest annoyances with new TP. Also, like others have said, please make all options on “My Transactions” visible immediately on the left side column (since there is black space anyways). No need to hide buying/selling and bought/sold behind menus.

For selling, you can still double-click on amount box and type amount you want, and then press tab to move forward to adjust the price manually. This makes selling a tiny bit less annoying.

It would be nice if the pop-up windor when buying/selling was movable, because the pop-up effectively blocks all the vital info on actual TP window.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Why did they make it when you want to buy multiple things of the same item I have to increase price, before I just entered 10 and it bought 10,now I have to manually select 10 items. Unless ive missed something, its like they have made it harder to buy items,

I agree with a comment from another thread all we asked for, for 2 years was a filter on armor, and instead they did a complete revamp, removed a lot of useful things and put things in that we did not need, hopefully they take feedback from this and correct it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Actually, there was quite a lot of small things wrong with the TP:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Trading-Post-fixes-that-would-be-awesome/first#post4317934

Some of these have been addressed now/ others have not.

But with the new issues that were added, the overall experience is worse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Con:
Too much clicking to get where you want. ):
No ’add to my lowest listing" button.? ):

Pro:
No TP errors as of yet <3
Filter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

Still exploring the TP.

While I’m selling off stuff in my inventory, when I click on an item it opens a window. When I’m done, it takes me back to the selling window but I’m back at the top of the inventory list. Is there a way for me to come back to the point where I was last in the inventory?

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zayeban.2806

Zayeban.2806

I was fairly disappointed at the new TP. I expected more.

Good

• Adjusting the price with the mouse wheel.
  • Filter selling items by bags.
    I have a bag where i always put all my things to sell at once. Now i can easily access the items i want to sell.

Bad

• When you are selling things at the bottom of your list the game refreshes the list and auto scrolls up, so you have to scroll back down every single time.
  • The green “success” tab is totally unnecessary.
    It is an unnecessary way to tell players that the transaction was successful.
    Only the "oops.. something went wrong " tab should stay. Meaning, whenever u buy/sell stuff you don’t get green box spammed every time, you only need to get warned if something went wrong.
  • There is no checkbox to turn off/on the “success” green spam box in the options menu.
  • Limited filters when selling things.
    For example: i want to sell rares , exotics and crafting materials. I have to filter for each individual separately, instead of having a unity filter of selecting multiple filters.
  • The TP does not remember my last filter setting when selling.
    I have to press the same buttons over and over again to either set the same filters or select the same bag slot over and over again instead of the game remebering it for me.
  • There is no checkbox in the option menu for the TP to remember my sell filters.
  • When selling things the Quantity slider is not at max.
    Previous TP auto set quantity at max when selling. Now you have to do it manually for every single thing.
  • There is no checkbox in the option menu to turn on/off for TP to auto set selling quantity at max.
  • TP seams to be slower than before. Maybe it’s just a temporary thing until they optimize it, but i doubt it. We shall see.

(edited by Zayeban.2806)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Luisgolas.7046

Luisgolas.7046

I’d also add that getting items already bought is frustratingly slow. Before there were not delay, now I have to wait for screen load, take them, salvage them, push the button to take more, WAIT until they are gotten, sometimes 5-10s. It’s frustrating.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I found if you click the end of the slider it sets the amount to max. And I swear once I did that I could do multiple buys and sells without needing to max the amount, since it does remember the price you entered, bid difference when buying multiple stacks.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Sort by date, oldest first, problem solved.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

While this solves “oldest” buy orders, it doesn’t solve the issue if the ones I want to cancel are “in the middle”, no matter which sorting option is selected.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pyxell.4907

pyxell.4907

I hate to nitpick but I went into the TP today to research a box or satchel of amor, and that option is missing altogether.
This is disturbing as I have two boxes of armor for sale in there now with no hopes of ever selling it, simply because and nobody can find it. Please fix this.

Attachments:

Vile Nightshade 80 Necromancer
Scarlet Fairwood 80 Ranger
I intend to live forever! So far, so good!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

The Good (slightly)
– The itemized costs on the sale are listed.
– You can now break down and look for specific groups of items easier than before.

The Bad & the Ugly
– Your projected profit is gone.
– Matching your lowest listing is gone.
– It takes longer to sell stuff.
– a. The choice is now automatically on list not sell. Minor but annoying if you are trying to sell items quickly.
– b. If you want to sell more than 1 item at a time, instead of being able to click sell max, you have to either use the slider, the arrows, or type in the number you want to sell. Also annoying if you are trying to sell items quickly.
– The price arrows, in addition to being too small, are too touchy. Nine times out of ten, if I am trying to drop or raise the price, it jumps 2 or more numbers for each single click.
– There is no separation, when using the type of transaction column title, between buying, bought, sold, and selling. You have to specifically click over on History, if you think to look for it, where before, selecting each section was less complicated.
– (Minor, but misleading) The comment on the bottom says “Item(s) will be held until a buyer agrees to trade.” which could be understood to mean that you cannot get the item back.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lyssan.3768

Added step was not there before that adds to the annoyance level.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lyssan.3768

I hate to nitpick but I went into the TP today to research a box or satchel of amor, and that option is missing altogether.
This is disturbing as I have two boxes of armor for sale in there now with no hopes of ever selling it, simply because and nobody can find it. Please fix this.

Not sure if the boxes sold all that well before the “improvements”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Other→Packaged goods

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Doghouse.1562

They also removed the clicking fast to place multiple orders at once. That’s understandable, but they should at least increase how many you can buy at a time.

To be fair to whichever dev coded that, the fact that you could do that at all was almost certainly an “unintended consequence” of the way that the interface was previously coded. But having said that – I agree. The fact that so many people used it should have been a heavy clue to the fact that buy orders larger than 250 needed some TLC as part of the interface change.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Doghouse.1562

While this solves “oldest” buy orders, it doesn’t solve the issue if the ones I want to cancel are “in the middle”, no matter which sorting option is selected.

Yes, that’s bad. The fact that you can sometimes find a sort sequence that works for you is simply a work-around that you shouldn’t need in the first place, and doesn’t address the underlying problem – NO interface should change your position in a list when you do something you’re likely to want to do multiple times on different entries. I’ve been involved in testing UIs that did that, and it is ALWAYS a pain. Either it’s bad design – in which case the dev in question needs to get on top of it, and quickly – or it’s a “feature” of the way that the new interface package works – in which case that is, to put it mildly, “unfortunate”, and we need additional function (such as selection boxes).

(edited by Doghouse.1562)