Trading post prices dropping....

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

There seems to have been a steady decline over the last month.

I mostly trade crafting mats and the like, such as heavy moldy bags, while also watching skins a lot like the ‘Ley line’ skins , and everything is back pedaling.

Anyone noticed this? Thoughts? Predictions?

Is this the result of a shrinking active player base?

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

As for materials, my guess is that it’s because the new rewards for leveling and personal story include a fair amount of materials, so there has naturally been an influx of supply/reduction of demand.

Weapon skins, I’m not sure. I have to assume it would be a wealthier minority of players who can buy OR sell those, not a group that would reflect shrinking as much. If I had to guess it probably has something to do with the new Black Lion Collections.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Idk, but mithril ore has gone up from 27c to 40c, elder wood is stable.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Not sure if trolling.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Excalibur is right that there is softness in precursor related markets. ie rares, greens, t5 mats, t6 mats…

I’ve noticed this too.

I think that a few more of the mega rich players in these precursor markets moved their cash for now into the stuff from the recent patches: collectible exotic / treasure / Halloween markets.

Sign of a coming decline or a buying opportunity?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Excalibur is right that there is softness in precursor related markets. ie rares, greens, t5 mats, t6 mats…

I’ve noticed this too.

I think that a few more of the mega rich players in these precursor markets moved their cash for now into the stuff from the recent patches: collectible exotic / treasure / Halloween markets.

Sign of a coming decline or a buying opportunity?

First of all, mega rich players dont have their gold tied up in the precursor market. Its a pretty bad long term investment.
Prices for t5 and t6 fine mats crashed due to their droprate form the labyrinth.
People started crafting rares for forging at a lower cost again, so rare weapons also lose in value.
Soon, the most expensive precursors will have 100-200g shaven off their price.
Has nothing to do with a decline in player numbers.

Why would a decline in population even neccessarily lead to higher prices unless the demography of the game changed drastically?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I am a huge fan of crafting my own rares. Mithril and the T5 materials are plentiful. I am also a huge fan of the BL Skins.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Large Bones crashed down an entire silver mainly because of the Labyrinth. Also, keep in mind a lot of gold is probably being sunk right now for Candy Corn Cobs, people buying ToT bags for shinies, etc. Besides, prices actually went up. T5 mats were 2s20c-2s40c range months ago. T5 mats were all costing about 3s+ a piece right before the halloween update. So if anything prices are stabilizing again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

‘Mega rich players’ are intermediaries on the supply side of the precursor market, not the demand side; if they moved their money elsewhere precursor prices would move up.

If it’s soft, it’s soft on the demand side, or supply is up. There’s definitely been a shift with the Halloween patch and prices are down about 12% overall. This hasn’t moved precursor prices much yet so now is a good time to forge.

It had been softening slowly for a month before the patch though so there’s some other effect taking place as well, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It had been softening slowly for a month before the patch though so there’s some other effect taking place as well, though.

Changes to the TP interface may turn away a lot of casual players, who simply avoid using the TP instead of spending their limited in-game time relearning how to use it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I would also wager a increase in material supply from the halloween event.

I think the events offer some strain relief in the market. Given the content is temporary, ANet can make small supply corrections “on demand” simply by tuning said content.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

The issue with the Halloween event is just how much raw gold it’s pumping into the economy. All those ‘worthless’ plastic fangs and the like still vendor pretty well, and once demand starts to soften for candy corn that money is going to start getting thrown at other markets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

On a personal note, I’m loving how the mass farming of the Labyrinth has generated such a huge excess of Silk that it’s dropped prices by a full silver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’ve noticed that regular loot drops (blue and green weapons and armor) aren’t selling nearly as well as before the new TP was introduced.

One guess is that players are happy to receive the equivalent of vendor value on the TP. Previously they’d have to do some math to figure out what that value is so there was a tendency to sell a bit higher. Now no math is necessary.

I don’t even bother with the TP anymore for blues and greens.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I suspect it’s because a lot of people on “farm trains” simply sell everything on the TP to the highest buyer as it’s faster than taking time out to stop and visit a merchant or check out prices and price your item appropriately. I do know some guildies who essentially use the TP as their de facto merchant when they run out of bag space in dungeons or Fractals, for example.