Transmutation Splitters?

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Umm not sure if it’s just me or what but I can’t seem to find these anywhere on the Gemstore now. Anybody know if they have been removed or where they are?

I really need one before the 15th update as I have to get the skin back that was a limited Living Story one (that flower back item thing).

In advance thanks.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

If you are able to recover the skin with a splitter then that skin will be automatically unlocked in the wardrobe.

Basically. When you split. You will get the current skin with it’s original stats. And the current stats with it’s original skin.

So if your transmutation process went like this.

Ascended stats with original skin-> Flower skin
Ascended stats with flower skin -> Other skin

What happens is the flower skin is destroyed forever and you’re out of luck.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Paulytnz.7619

When part of the living story came there was a back item that we earned (the yellow flower I think) and also a rare version (the red rose?). Basically I got them both and saved them for my sylvari to see which would be the better look for him. In the end I decided the Red Rose looked best and I transmuted that onto the other one (the yellow flower). Now I want both skins unlocked after the 15th.

Now after just watching this:

I got the impression I would have to buy a transmutation splitter before the 15th to get the old skin before the update goes through on the 15th. check the 12 min 40 sec part of the video for this exact information.

So my problem is, if I can’t find/buy the transmutation splitters before then I have no chance and am out of luck?

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I believe as long as the base stats came from the fervid censor, that skin is supposed to unlock as well as the desert rose skin you presently have on it.

There should be no need to use a splitter.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Paulytnz.7619

I believe as long as the base stats came from the fervid censor, that skin is supposed to unlock as well as the desert rose skin you presently have on it.

This is what I thought, but if you listen to what that guy in the middle of the video said at the 12 40 mark it does make you think twice about it…..

Also, nobody has answered what I guess I should have made this post as, the question – did they remove splitters from the gem store and if so why?

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lamont.5973

This is what I thought, but if you listen to what that guy in the middle of the video said at the 12 40 mark it does make you think twice about it…..

Also, nobody has answered what I guess I should have made this post as, the question – did they remove splitters from the gem store and if so why?

They did remove splitters but I am not sure why.

At the 12:40 point they were saying you can use splitters till the 15th. But i think that was to let people know the splitters were able to be used till the 15th, not to say you had to use them to regain the skins because just prior to that they said both the skins will be unlocked.

The only reason you would have to use a splitter would be to regain the stats if you transmuted a high level soul bound item onto a lower level item.

But a splitter would not unlock any skins that the 15th unlock won’t open anyway.

(edited by Lamont.5973)

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Paulytnz.7619

Yeah thanks Lamont, I re-watched the video at that part a few times. I guess the point that the guy was saying was that you can still use any splitters that you have. I guess the only reason people would want to do this would be to gain their old item back or an “extra” item so to speak to either vendor for some small chump change or to salvage.

I guess this is the reason they removed them from the store too because A: they are pretty redundant since the wardrobe will now give both skins, and B: people don’t waste money buying them out of confusion.

So thanks for replying all this case is now closed for me.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It was removed from my inventory.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Paulytnz.7619

It was removed from my inventory.

The splitters? Well if you had paid real cash for the gems to buy them I should say you would be entitled to a refund, you may want to look into that.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Looks like you guys figured it out, but I’ll make it official anyways.
- Splitters aren’t sold any more because, all skins you would get with a splitter will already be unlocked by the wardrobe system automatically.
- The only reason to use a splitter at this point is to get the stats of the current appearance back. (Or as someone mentioned to create an extra item salvage, but i’d suggest you save your splitter and trade it in for charges if you want value)

We are not removing them from inventory automatically. You will trade them in at a black lion trading post after the 15th.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

- The only reason to use a splitter at this point is to get the stats of the current appearance back…

So if we didn’t already buy a splitter doing this isn’t an option now? Is there any way for someone without a splitter in inventory right now to recover stats from an item?

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

- The only reason to use a splitter at this point is to get the stats of the current appearance back…

So if we didn’t already buy a splitter doing this isn’t an option now? Is there any way for someone without a splitter in inventory right now to recover stats from an item?

Here’s the answer to that:

Looks like you guys figured it out…

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heron.6859

Heron.6859

- Splitters aren’t sold any more because, all skins you would get with a splitter will already be unlocked by the wardrobe system automatically.
- The only reason to use a splitter at this point is to get the stats of the current appearance back. (Or as someone mentioned to create an extra item salvage, but i’d suggest you save your splitter and trade it in for charges if you want value)

We are not removing them from inventory automatically. You will trade them in at a black lion trading post after the 15th.

Okay I have sent in a support ticket a week ago about my issue about the splitter being denied of service in the shop.

So far it is being evaluated …

My issue;

I have 2 fractal of the mist back pieces (ascended capacitor infused) – tons of fotm tokens and 250 ectos.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Capacitor_%28Infused%29

My guardian is using one and the other I transmuted into a blue item so my sub 80 alts can use when leveling up, for fun and brag.

So when I read the blog about the new features and wardrobe system and quickly tried to buy a splitter in the shop to split my capacitor to retrieve my stats.

Unfortunately, the splitter was removed without any warning or notice!
Pretty upset about this denied of service.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tgkiii.5927

tgkiii.5927

I also put in a support ticket. I crafted 8 ascended weapons so I could transmute them into 4. That way I could have berserker stats and healing power (white) ascended skins. Now that ascended weapons will be account bound and the skins will be availabe in the wardrobe I wanted to split them back so I can use all 8 weapons on different alts. I didnt know they would be removed from the gem store and logged in this week to see they were gone…

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I used a skin that I got from an achievement chest on one of my items, and I regret it (there was no indication before applying the skin that I wouldn’t be able to dye the item afterwards and that I was stuck with the ‘preview’ color). I’ve been meaning to buy a splitter tool to remove the skin and restore the original item appearance, but I haven’t gotten a round tuit.

Am I now stuck with the new appearance until I can reacquire a new original item? to put it another way, in order to get the old appearance back is it my only option now to dispose of my current item then repeat the steps that were required to get my original item?

I’ve been deliberately vague about what the item or the steps were since I assume other players will be in the same situation but with different items.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

Snowreap, based on what Colin said above:

I believe that come the patch, both the current appearance of your item, and the appearance it had originally, will become unlocked in your wardrobe.

You should then be able to use transmutation charges to re-apply the original skin to your existing item.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

ah, that was what was unclear to me. I didn’t realize that the “wardrobe” would include all appearances, rather than only the ones that you got via skins or transmutes.

thanks for the explanation.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

I have like 26 splitters. I dont even remember why I bought so many…

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Heron.6859

Free 5 transmute charges coming tomorrow but no splitter for people who want their stats back?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/log-in-tomorrow-for-free-transmutation-charges/

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If it’s 1:1 I’m gonna be kittened off…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Heron.6859

Support sent me a free splitter.
Excellent support by Anet.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Say, if I bought Phalanx armor, applied every skin on a character’s armor and then transmuted them to look like a different set, will I still have Phalanx unlocked? I’m asking this because I read a post saying otherwise.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I assume you will unlock the appearance that you currently have, and unlock the appearance of the Phalanx set, as it was the previous step for the transmutation, I may be wrong but I think that’s how it works.

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Say, if I bought Phalanx armor, applied every skin on a character’s armor and then transmuted them to look like a different set, will I still have Phalanx unlocked? I’m asking this because I read a post saying otherwise.

You will unlock the current skin on each armor item as well as the default skin of the item you selected the stats from.
As the phalanx skins are stat-less and are applied onto an item, overwriting that skin means it is lost forever.
If you have at least one piece of the skin left unused or on a piece of armor then the entire phalanx set will be unlocked.
If you overwrote all of the phalanx skins with a new skin then your phalanx set would need to be purchased again to unlock in your wardrobe.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Transmutation Splitters?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lamont.5973

You will unlock the current skin on each armor item as well as the default skin of the item you selected the stats from.
As the phalanx skins are stat-less and are applied onto an item, overwriting that skin means it is lost forever.
If you have at least one piece of the skin left unused or on a piece of armor then the entire phalanx set will be unlocked.
If you overwrote all of the phalanx skins with a new skin then your phalanx set would need to be purchased again to unlock in your wardrobe.

Since this is a gemstore item I would doubt he would have to repurchase. If nothing else, they probably have a record of the sale (they would have to since they are offering refunds of various duplicate skins). If the skin does not unlock for him automatically, I suspect he can contact support and they will unlock it for him.