Who controls Copper Ore?

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aruemar.7891

Aruemar.7891

It is quite obvious that someone controls the copper ore market or someone just took control from someone else. Recently, I just saw a spike of 500k in buy orders(13c ) which was not there when I last checked (3-4 hours ago, around 2 am, GTM-5) and there no trend that will lead to that massive spike in buy orders.(Note: Also, there is a sell order of 1.2m, 17c each)

So my question is, how is possible to place that order?It seems to me, they will need to type 250&13c at least 2,000 times.

Or is there a trick/programs which does this?

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

yes correct, 2000 times, but what I don’t think you understand is it doesn’t have to be the same person and they don’t have to be collaborative, you cant control copper ore just like you cant control ecto’s, as much as you want to believe it

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

there is no trick or program. It is called the market. People list copper ore for some price and then more people list it for that same price. That is just how the market functions.

No one is controlling copper ore, there is far too much of it.

P.S. you can only list 2000 units of something before hitting a lockout which requires you to wait 10 seconds before listing something else, and then you have to wait 10 seconds for the next thing… and so on and so forth… to list 500k by one person would take hour and hours, during which time all the random people listing will have greatly outnumbered the copper you could list in that time.

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

It is quite obvious that someone controls the copper ore market or someone just took control from someone else. Recently, I just saw a spike of 500k in buy orders(13c ) which was not there when I last checked (3-4 hours ago, around 2 am, GTM-5) and there no trend that will lead to that massive spike in buy orders.(Note: Also, there is a sell order of 1.2m, 17c each)

So my question is, how is possible to place that order?It seems to me, they will need to type 250&13c at least 2,000 times.

There’s no trick to placing that many buy orders….it’s called latency.

If you were to put a quantity of 250 (max possible) in at a price of 13c each and click the “Place Order” button once, you’ll put an order in for 250. On the other hand, if you can rapidly click (or double-click) that button, you can put in multiple buy orders at the same quantity for the same price and probably place buy orders for a couple of thousand items. If you program a button to just keep clicking while you hold it down….there’s a possibility of getting 10’s of THOUSANDS of that same item for the same price before the latency catches up with you.

If that’s your goal….use a laptop over a wifi connection to INCREASE your latency.

It’s all a matter of how quickly you can click that button….

P.S. Be careful using this technique. I doubt seriously it’s intended. Also, you could end up buying a LOT more of something than you want. I stumbled across it by accident when I happened to double-click the “Buy” button instead of simply clicking it.

Edit:
P.P.S. As far as I’m aware, this only works when buying something. It won’t work if you’re trying to sell stuff.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

(edited by Charismatic Harm.9683)

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Healix, I want that interface. how? I don’t so much care for listing 1611 things at once, but to have it show the actual profit and ‘view market data’, and I can only guess what “Ignore errors” does.

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Healix, I want that interface. how? I don’t so much care for listing 1611 things at once, but to have it show the actual profit and ‘view market data’, and I can only guess what “Ignore errors” does.

I sure hope that is not some addon he installed if it is he can get banned for that. Hopefully they are making changes to the trading post and it will look like that in the future but they are just rolling it out to a few.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aruemar.7891

Aruemar.7891

There’s no trick to placing that many buy orders….it’s called latency.

If you were to put a quantity of 250 (max possible) in at a price of 13c each and click the “Place Order” button once, you’ll put an order in for 250. On the other hand, if you can rapidly click (or double-click) that button, you can put in multiple buy orders at the same quantity for the same price and probably place buy orders for a couple of thousand items. If you program a button to just keep clicking while you hold it down….there’s a possibility of getting 10’s of THOUSANDS of that same item for the same price before the latency catches up with you.

If that’s your goal….use a laptop over a wifi connection to INCREASE your latency.

It’s all a matter of how quickly you can click that button….

P.S. Be careful using this technique. I doubt seriously it’s intended. Also, you could end up buying a LOT more of something than you want. I stumbled across it by accident when I happened to double-click the “Buy” button instead of simply clicking it.

Edit:
P.P.S. As far as I’m aware, this only works when buying something. It won’t work if you’re trying to sell stuff.

I know of multi-clicking to post multiple orders at once, However, how do you do the one which you can post thousands without breaking Anet rules?

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

Theoretically???? (because I’m not sure it’s “legal”)

The “rules” against botting state that (as far as I’m aware) you can perform a single action with the use of a macro as long as it requires human interaction to do so. You can’t program a macro to perform multiple actions with the press of a single button.

Keeping that “loose definition” in mind…..

You should be able to program a macro to click continuously while you hold a button down. It performs a single action and requires you to be present to perform said action. Meaning….you can’t just push a button once and walk away from the PC.

I’ve thought about doing this….but I’m unsure if it violates the rules. I think those rules are more to prevent players from completely automating the performance of multiple actions with little to no input from the player. With what I’ve described, you’d have to hold down the button in order for the action to be performed.

shrug If you’re worried about it….don’t do it.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Like it’s been said you can’t do that with something do popular as Copper.

Some 4 months ago I did manage a small profit after buying 500 Acient Bones when I only needed 250.
I managed that profit because they were listed in groups of 10’s and 20’s, you know when people unlist?
So because I put the excess 250 right back there at the new lowest I didn’t lost any money from mistakenly buying those.

Now another example, last month or so I listed 500 Iron for 16c (match lowest), the next day they were selling it for 12c.
It took weeks to sell and I don’t think I ever would if people haven’t got busy on the South Sun Cove event.

So top tip, if you are looking to control a certain commodity, don’t.
Because the market is cross server it’s almost impossible, not to mention it requires a ton of gold and time.

If you spot the occasional deal, like those ancient bones with a huge discrepancy, you can risk it but you’ll probably make more gold just by playing the game the way it’s intended.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Who controls Copper Ore?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

Theoretically???? (because I’m not sure it’s “legal”)

The “rules” against botting state that (as far as I’m aware) you can perform a single action with the use of a macro as long as it requires human interaction to do so. You can’t program a macro to perform multiple actions with the press of a single button.

Keeping that “loose definition” in mind…..

You should be able to program a macro to click continuously while you hold a button down. It performs a single action and requires you to be present to perform said action. Meaning….you can’t just push a button once and walk away from the PC.

I’ve thought about doing this….but I’m unsure if it violates the rules. I think those rules are more to prevent players from completely automating the performance of multiple actions with little to no input from the player. With what I’ve described, you’d have to hold down the button in order for the action to be performed.

shrug If you’re worried about it….don’t do it.

Gaile Gray has already weighed in on autoclickers in general here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Is-a-mechanical-autoclicker-bannable/2086475

TL;DR: She says that they can’t give specifics but that she personally sees auto clickers as suspect because they’re usually used to give an advantage over other players.