Why is Noble Count Outfit Unisex

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Female Asura and Charr have the same style as the male’s. This broke my female Charr’s heart who happens to be a fashionista. You guys made dresses for the Winter’s outfit, why not for the new Noble Count?

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I thought everyone on reddit was demanded a fancy unisex tuxedo? Now people are flip-flopping AGAIN?

geez…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

Yeah, I was kinda looking forward into putting the outfit on my female Asura, but was turned away when I saw that it was the same as the males. If possible, I would like it setup like the winter’s day outfit just like the OP said.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anubis.7058

Anubis.7058

I thought everyone on reddit was demanded a fancy unisex tuxedo? Now people are flip-flopping AGAIN?

geez…

I still want a unisex tux (tho more symmetrical and without kitten on it, aka like debonair vi in league) for all races.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pimsley.3681

geez…

huh?

my concern is for the fancy noble outfit, not a tux from a random discussion on reddit. but since you mentioned it, i’ve attached a unisex tux oozing with grace and style…just for you

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cool.5162

Cool.5162

please don’t be lazy anet, we need dress for female charr and asura. why would a female wear a male cloths. facepalm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Why would you want to put a CAT in a DRESS?
More, why would you want to put a raging tiger-demon-monster in a dress?
MORE, why would you want to put said creature in a dress With Horrible Tail Clipping?
Unisex armor for cat-beasts please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pimsley.3681

MORE, why would you want to put said creature in a dress With Horrible Tail Clipping?

My female Charr is the goofiest yet most endearing character in my account.

You seem quite mentally and emotionally disturbed by Charrs. I’m sorry that you are permanently traumatized by them. On the other hand, I’m not as big of a fan of masculine, testosterone-filled, cross-dressing females as you are. Those are frightening!

In a game that promotes vanity, it’s disappointing that Char and Asura females were left out of this design.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I would of really liked this outfit to be unisex for all races. Am I the only one who wants my female human guardian to have style like a boss?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’m quite glad it’s unisex. The whole deal with Charr is that for their gear being on par with males. The Wintersday, Witch’s and Ancestral outfits didn’t sit well with me in that regard.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

geez…

Different people want different things.

• Some people want a dress for their female asura.
  • Other people want a tuxedo for their female human.

Is this really too difficult for you to to grasp?

Solution: have both a dress outfit AND a tuxedo outfit. Leave it to the player to decide which one to buy/wear. (Or add a “genderbending” toggle option to the outfit page and allow a player to switch on the spot.)

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It is not unisex. It has a different model for female human, norn and sylvari.

To make things truly right and fair, it’ll have to be like Saints row: All versions of all clothes available for both genders. And there would be both a dress and a suit for both male and female of all 5 races.

Some many not want to see an adult norn with his massive mustache and a dress. But if they want to, let them, I say.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

Wow, this was actually upsetting enough to get me to log in. How much lazier can a company be? This is absolutely astounding.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Wow, this was actually upsetting enough to get me to log in. How much lazier can a company be? This is absolutely astounding.

Is it lazy or the fact that Asura and charr have no real difference in their appearance except for their faces. Also would this make you NOT want to log in?

It doesn’t hurt that the people what are complainning are usually a very small population nor does it help that charrs are a small minority.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Ok… this is not nice.
Also why do you make outfits often totally unwearable for characters with long hair?
When I first saw the new noble count outfit I thought it was awesome… and then I previewed it on my character… Why did you have to add this huge collar thing to the costume… at least you could have made this the headpiece… I would have loved buying this costume but since ance again characters with long hair get stuck with ugly clipping I did not buy it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

These arguments. Can anyone point to an in-game female Asuran or Charr NPC who is wearing a dress?

It strikes me as this is a cultural thing, and that the females of these races just don’t wear dresses.

Sounds like cultural appropriation to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pixelpumpkin.4608

These arguments. Can anyone point to an in-game female Asuran or Charr NPC who is wearing a dress?

Maybe that argument would hold SOME amount of water if player characters had access to NPC outfits, that for Asura include tunics and such, but we don’t.

It strikes me as this is a cultural thing, and that the females of these races just don’t wear dresses.

Secondly, yes, every person is to some degree a product of the culture they grew up in, but as individuals, we can make the decision to step away from cultural uniformity. People do it all the time. So in an MMO**RPG** we expect a degree of freedom there – control over our own character.

In many cases, it is much more fun to play a character that grew up outside their supposed culture, too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I find it amusing that no matter what Anet does with female asura and charr, people are unhappy with it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Again: different people want different things.

Just release a toggle option, or two separate sets. Everybody would be happy.

It’s not so hard.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

It is not unisex. It has a different model for female human, norn and sylvari.

To make things truly right and fair, it’ll have to be like Saints row: All versions of all clothes available for both genders. And there would be both a dress and a suit for both male and female of all 5 races.

Some many not want to see an adult norn with his massive mustache and a dress. But if they want to, let them, I say.

Yes, this. For all outfits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

You seem quite mentally and emotionally disturbed by Charrs. I’m sorry that you are permanently traumatized by them. On the other hand, I’m not as big of a fan of masculine, testosterone-filled, cross-dressing females as you are. Those are frightening!

In a game that promotes vanity, it’s disappointing that Char and Asura females were left out of this design.

What mentally and emotionally disturbs me is the fact that people seem to think female must equal cute little darling in a dress. If it’s not primped up and adorable, it’s a “masculine, testosterone-filled cross-dresser” and therefore, somehow less female.

Female is your biology, it has nothing to do with what you wear. I don’t need or want my characters to be stuffed into unflattering dresses, in order to know they’re women.

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s not so hard.

This. (It will mean more work for the artists though, so I can understand why ANet just took this route.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

It’s not so hard.

Yes for these two suggestions!
Let us choose which one we wanna buy.
I, personally, would like to have the new dress on my asura, too.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would love the dress for my female Asura and I would love the tux for my female human. I would appreciate a toggle option, but I would also be okay with buying the outfit twice if the “female” and “male” version (or let’s just call it the dress and the tux?) were sold separately.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Look at his signature, look at the hairstyle of his character and you have your answer.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s not so hard.

This. (It will mean more work for the artists though, so I can understand why ANet just took this route.)

I doubt it would be more work on the Charr/Asura front. However, for Humans/Norn/Sylvari, yes, it would be a bit of work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

I would of really liked this outfit to be unisex for all races. Am I the only one who wants my female human guardian to have style like a boss?

You are not alone here. I mostly play an Asuran, but earlier I was trying out these outfits during a key run. The dress version of this outfit is great, but I also really like the tux version.

geez…

Different people want different things.

• Some people want a dress for their female asura.
  • Other people want a tuxedo for their female human.

Is this really too difficult for you to to grasp?

Solution: have both a dress outfit AND a tuxedo outfit. Leave it to the player to decide which one to buy/wear. (Or add a “genderbending” toggle option to the outfit page and allow a player to switch on the spot.)

This. Absolutely this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Is this outfit temporary or can I wait for them to fix the gold to gem and price to go down?

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Is this outfit temporary or can I wait for them to fix the gold to gem and price to go down?

We don’t know.

I assume it’s temporary, but when they remove stuff from the gem store, they usually give at least 7 days’ note, so you can still pick it up then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ninetales.5208

ninetales.5208

This is the post I wrote on the asura from, which is a similar thread to this one:

This is probably the main reason why I gave up on my beloved Asura and switched to a human.

I never ever wanted female asura with boobs or skimpy outfits, I just wanted the asura race to be able to wear unique versions of outfits/armor that had been given the same level of love and attention as the human ones. Considering cosmetics seem to be a big and popular part of the game – thereby anet likely make a good deal of money from them – it seems illogical to me that they only wish to design for human female/male. It would be great to see personal touches put in for each race respectively.

The new noble dress is gorgeous and it is disappointing that it couldn’t be given the love that the Winter outfit did. Why is it so difficult to give female asura a dress which covers its chest (no bewb window, please)? I am aware of the ‘lore’ but our characters are extremely well-travelled and have met with many different races and cultures, our asura could easily have become interested in the fashion of another race!

:)

It’s true, I’m not dangerous. But these golems are!
ASURA POWER!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

What mentally and emotionally disturbs me is the fact that people seem to think female must equal cute little darling in a dress. If it’s not primped up and adorable, it’s a “masculine, testosterone-filled cross-dresser” and therefore, somehow less female.

Female is your biology, it has nothing to do with what you wear. I don’t need or want my characters to be stuffed into unflattering dresses, in order to know they’re women.

While I agree with this 1000%, I still would have liked a dress for the Asurans.. I do love how the tux looks on my female charr though. Dresses would only clip with the tail and don’t even mention the default running animation. Asurans, on the other hand, have a more humanoid form and should get the dress too…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

O_O
Now I want my female human Ele in a tuxedo <3