Why the TP design so bad/horrible?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kinjiru.2439

Kinjiru.2439

I do apologize for the topic in advance, but I have reached my boiling point. Coming from Eve Online, I find the Trading post UI and functionalities absurd, pardon my strong word(s).

My beef is mostly:
1. Can’t put a sell order or buy order higher than 250. ie. You have 1500 ores, maximum sell order amount is 250. This makes one have to press several more times, then being able to directly make a sell order of 1500. And shame on you if you try to sell more than 8 times in small time frame, since you will be met by ERROR … Thus making it a chore to put anything up on the tp. For an example, if one would have many items to put on the tp. That one would spend countless of mins, versus only a few moments, if he/she would be able to just simply put everything up in one swift moment. For kittens sake.

2. Buy order and sell order are not stacked. You have many buy orders or sell orders of one item, instead of just ie. mithril ore displayed 1500. Current you have 6 stacks of mithril ore displayed in either buy or sell order page. And there is only a certain amount of items/stack being able to be displayed for one page.

3. Drop down menus for selling buying etc. Overall TP working as a static HTML just like the one you made in highschool, rather then being a complex site with good and userfriendly functionalities.

Sorry to say, I don’t like the design and I think it is flawed, especially comparing to how the market was handled in Eve Online. Perhaps visiting Eve Online would give you the idea of good UI with good if not great functionalities and easy to use, and above all dynamic!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

3. Drop down menus for selling buying etc. Overall TP working as a static HTML just like the one you made in highschool, rather then being a complex site with good and userfriendly functionalities.

This is a value judgement.

Most sites that go beyond the basics are bloated needlessly.

You want them to drop your FPS by running html5 in addition to the game, tanking your performance?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kinjiru.2439

This is a value judgement.

Most sites that go beyond the basics are bloated needlessly.

You want them to drop your FPS by running html5 in addition to the game, tanking your performance?

I’m not talking about bling bling. There is a big difference between static and dynamic, I would think you would have known considering your comment. Something can still be complex, yet simple. Not like the fps dropped in Eve Online, pardon me comparing. I think the functionalites are flawed. Working on that doesn’t decrease your fps. I’d say there are more stress on the server, by users browsing their buy or sell orders, among several of pages. And some having more than needed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Is it really that much of a hassle for you to keep a few more times? Are you up against the clock or something?

I agree the TP could be better but I’m not annoyed by it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

It’s funny that nothing on your list is even in my top 5.

1. No filter option to sort armor searches based on type: light, medium, heavy.
  2. No armor category for back pieces whatsoever.
  3. Categories that don’t function properly (see: Consumables→Food).
  4. There’s no way (that I know of) to switch between items you’re buying/selling/sold without completely refreshing the tab every time. (The “Back” function certainly does not work for this.)
  5. You’re forced to withdraw everything you’ve ordered. There’s no option to only withdraw certain items.
  6. No preview function. :P

My biggest issue is definitely not having enough categories/filter options though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kinjiru.2439

3. Categories that don’t function properly (see: Consumables->Food).
  4. There’s no way (that I know of) to switch between items you’re buying/selling/sold without completely refreshing the tab every time. (The “Back” function certainly does not work for this.)
  5. You’re forced to withdraw everything you’ve ordered. There’s no option to only withdraw certain items.

My biggest issue is definitely not having enough categories/filter options though.

Those was the things that popped into my mind or has been rubbing my nerves for some time now. I agree with your top 5 list too.

I liked to play the market in Eve online, I also like to spend some time on the market in gw2. I’d be happy if I didn’t need to go through loads of pages to ie. remove an item. Managing sell orders and buy orders is the most tedious thing. Especially with the pages, if you have more than 200 orders up. And since every order is a maxium of 250, you get quite alot of orders and pages, depending on what you buy and sell. Order seems to stack on the tp, if you sell for a certain prices, but not on your buy or sell order page.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: demonwing.5843

demonwing.5843

So you’re comparing a combat-oriented game’s market to an economy-oriented game’s market and concluding that the economy-oriented game’s market is more sophisticated and developed? kitten well isn’t that a shocker.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MattCoy.3098

MattCoy.3098

3. Categories that don’t function properly (see: Consumables->Food).

Those was the things that popped into my mind or has been rubbing my nerves for some time now. I agree with your top 5 list too.

I liked to play the market in Eve online, I also like to spend some time on the market in gw2. I’d be happy if I didn’t need to go through loads of pages to ie. remove an item. Managing sell orders and buy orders is the most tedious thing. Especially with the pages, if you have more than 200 orders up. And since every order is a maxium of 250, you get quite alot of orders and pages, depending on what you buy and sell. Order seems to stack on the tp, if you sell for a certain prices, but not on your buy or sell order page.

Welcome to the club. The moment I started more serious “TP game” I began to feel that TP interface was missing few tools and functionality making big sell/buy orders easier to manage
I’ve already put a topic considering this matter in the “suggestions” sub-forum (well, it was moved in there from here to be more precise). https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Simple-ideas-for-TP-improvements/first#post1265964

Strangely, only 2 (two!) bothered with it. I encourage all of you to support it so it can be seen better