Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I find the armor disturbing for my stomach. I have digestive issues when I see it.

Alerie Despins

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kmaeropa.3986

kmaeropa.3986

Please do not rework the armor ! I already bought a set and am planning to mix with my Human T3 on my next ascended set ^ ^

Attachments:

Bubbles Utonium X, Khali Mae – Maguuma [PYRO]

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I really like the light skin for my ele, luckily I had exactly enough gems to insta-buy it and enough loose gold to snap up a set of zhed’s to put it on immediately. It looks great with the lightning catcher and my mists weapon skins but I would have liked to be able to dye the spacey parts to match.

If its a permanent skin I will be saving up gold to get a heavy set and a few zodiac weapon skins to try to match the look. 9/10 good job Anet!(ps, lions arch is fantastic, great patch)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

I love the armor set, but the blue is kind of a turn off. Still on the whole i like it, so I bought a set for my thief. I agree with everyone that would like an option to toggle the blue parts one and off. Perhaps hiding and displaying the helm could also toggle the blue parts on and off?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

No. That’s your actual skin. You can tell, because your character’s belly button is an obvious divot. If it were a zentai suit (catsuit, superhero suit, whatever you want to call it) then the divot of your belly button would be obscured by the fabric, it wouldn’t get magically sucked in.

My characters belly button doesnt even show in the light blue area. Its under the red + dark blue decoration*. And even if it did show (which it doesnt)….

http://www.giantsizemarvel.com/2011/01/alan-davis-women-of-marvel-cover.html

Almost all of all these classic american superheriones have “divots” where their bellybutton is. So i guess those comics contain a lot of nudity aswell and YOU would consider that cover a collection of naked superheroines?

Look, I wear tights on a regular basis. I’m a dancer. Tights do not get magically sucked into your belly button, no matter what Marvel tells you.

You really can’t convince me that this is a superhero suit. It’s just not. Compare the two:

http://puu.sh/72U50.jpg

http://puu.sh/72U60.jpg

The texture is different, but the normal map (the part of the model that simulates more definition than actually exists in the model) is identical. If it were some sort of tight clothing, then there would be a significant amount of smoothing in the divisions of my abs and ribs.

There is none. Because it’s not a unitard, it’s translucent skin.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Is it just me foofad, or does it change your character’s “natural” definitions?

Either way, it definitively shows abs and ribs; thus, it’s skin.
The armor bugs me. I feel like I’m looking at a generic goofy character. It does look best on BLUE Sylvari (Not my green/greenish Sylvari).

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I really like what was done with the armor. Slap on wings of dwayna backpieces and zodiac weapons and you got yourself an Arbiter of Dwayna.

This is the only armor skin pack that I’ve gone out within a couple of days and bought all 3. As far as track records are concerned, this is far better than the flame reskins we got. I would love to see armor skins properly inspired by the 6 gods with similar and improved skin effects.

Suggestion: It would be cool to dye the skin so that if wanted, I could look like a margonite or even an avatar of balthazar. On a side note, if you guys released margonite armor that did the same thing, I’d buy that too.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I can actually see the areola on my norn female- I didn’t happen to notice this, my guy friend did his exact words were “I think those are nipples” (think he was staring too hard LOL)
Was this just a sick joke? Anet comon..

Take that away please? cover the breasts up completely if you’re not going to remove the God awful blue skin that takes away my norns features.

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Nipples can not be seen.

there are shaded circles on the light armor and medium where they likely would be on those horrible giant augmentations of the 90’s… in some light the circle has a definantly shade difference and even a slight shadow on the bottom compared to the rest

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Nipples can not be seen.

there are shaded circles on the light armor and medium where they likely would be on those horrible giant augmentations of the 90’s… in some light the circle has a definantly shade difference and even a slight shadow on the bottom compared to the rest

That’s weird, because nipples definitely aren’t textured on the nude player model and I don’t think they’re normal mapped either.

Edit: OH WOW, I TOTALLY SEE IT.

http://puu.sh/72WPY.jpg

http://puu.sh/72WRr.jpg

They are so hiiiigh oh my gosh.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

(edited by foofad.5162)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I think releasing a second version without the blue bodysuit would be great. I like the glowing blue aura around the character, but the blue sections just look flat on my computer. I don’t like to have my character’s face completely altered either.

As for the light armour chest piece, I’m a female norn and I chose the plump body….um, not a great choice for this armour set.

I’m female in real life and I have to say that the skimpiness doesn’t bother me that much, but the odd placement of the chest pieces and the lack of nipples just seems strange. I think it would look better without the tiny bra sections as they make it look like my character’s breasts have just popped out the top accidentally.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I can actually see the areola on my norn female- I didn’t happen to notice this, my guy friend did his exact words were “I think those are nipples” (think he was staring too hard LOL)
Was this just a sick joke? Anet comon..

Take that away please? cover the breasts up completely if you’re not going to remove the God awful blue skin that takes away my norns features.

This is True OMG +1 to this; now I’m regretting my decision on purchasing this armor- This completely takes the cake- now it’s not as serene as I thought

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I guess because it’s blue, but the armour just reminds me a lot of the Diva from the 5th Element. I think her chest looks fine without nipples or a bra though.

!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Yd0GUJ_66Io/ToMEI3oIDNI/AAAAAAAAARM/_8OxrPwB9h0/s1600/diva.jpg!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Inimicus.7162

OK, here is something very specific to the light armor. Because of all the gripes I have about female norns and that horrid frame the armors wrap around, and the weapons scale size to… shoulder armor is always a very, very tricky and heartbreaking thing. It’s something humans and sylvari do not have to contend with, but I hate the character models, faces hair and just about everything else for the others.

SO: Those shoulders on the light armor. They consist of a large rim of material with some of that blue whatever stretched between them. Remove the blue from there, make that rim hollow and just what it is. Having that gap filled makes the already disproportionately large shoulders appear much larger and I believe the skin would be better if that rim were left just hollow.
General style gripe on the rest of the armor… There are bits on odd places of the set where you made cuts into it that look like castle ramparts or such, those all should be smoothed out to fit with the lacy designs on the leggings and a few other bits.
Also for all of them…the butt capes, seriously? The light armor begs to be asymmetric.. this design would actually have handled it very well if half that butt cape was removed (similar to the crafted exotic light armor I believe). Issue being, the badonkadonk appearance and the fact that all the butt capes are quite plain. There is no dyeable ornamentation on them to break up a giant flat color. This seems to be the most common oversight with all butt cape designs, they are thrown on there as ornaments but they have no designs or anything, so instead of adding flavor, they detract from the whole by making a giant flat, plain blob on the screen. Can be fixed by adding some kind of ornaments, like the designs in the Winged leggings, or making these features much, much smaller. Norn t3 cultural heavy has the right idea for having it there, but not having it be overwhelming.
Also again with the blue, I would much prefer more actual character skin and/or the ability to change the color of that big blue blob. The armor covers my face and hair, so wearing it means there is no point in caring what my character might look like, and that blue puts severe limits on the number of colors that match well with the set.

One last thing, AQUABREATHER the first time I went underwater I got a real shock because I wasn’t expecting what I saw. Sets like this really need to come with a matching underwater piece… and that is something that needs to be sent out to anyone who has already bought the set… talk about broken immersion.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

The armor bugs me. I feel like I’m looking at a generic goofy character. It does look best on BLUE Sylvari (Not my green/greenish Sylvari).

It’s NOT skin. I suppose Batman and Robin were both naked in the movies, because of the way their armor was sculpted? They even have armor nipples.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x270/servewithchips/batmanforever03.jpg

(edited by videoboy.4162)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

SnowHawk.3615

It’s NOT skin. I suppose Batman and Robin were both naked in the movies, because of the way their armor was sculpted?

It’s called Zodiac X armor skin by Anet.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

It’s NOT skin. I suppose Batman and Robin were both naked in the movies, because of the way their armor was sculpted?

I can think of two reasons why you’re wrong.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

And I just showed you two reasons why I’m not.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

It’s called Zodiac X armor skin by Anet.

What’s your point?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

SnowHawk.3615

It shows the areola of the breast- inappropriate much? Jeez Anet…
blue starfield needs to go.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I don’t understand why people have a problem with the armor being “revealing” on a fantasy game. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, its that simple.

If you are offended by it…too kittening bad, you need to go out more.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Inimicus.7162

Just like they knew exactly what they were doing when they first released a reskinned t3 culure armor, they know exactly what they are doing with that “feature” of this set… After getting bitten by the flamekissed scam, I can’t help but wonder if this isnt arena net testing the borders again.

Whether you see it as some kind of skin tight body suit, or a recoloring of your skin, that particular feature does exceed “classy” because most catsuits and other spandex outfits in movies and comics definitely do not feature those so blatantly.

Showy is one thing, this is kinda pushing it… I think i can hear the nu-texmod folks warming up their keyboards for a reskin fest… I just hope it plays out in some forum where I can see the fireworks and trolling… gotta go buy popcorn.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

And I just showed you two reasons why I’m not.

Their costume is built up over their chests. It adds mass to their physical forms. This adds nothing, it is a reskin of your character’s skin.

For comparison, here’s my character with and without. You’ll have to forgive the tasteful dolyak skin bra, but you can still tell what’s going on.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Inimicus.7162

Even though I think the nipples are pushing it a bit, I really wish we could get off that subject, and get back to the entire rest of the skin… great concepts, great dye channels but there are some things I have mentioned previously that deserve a lot more attention than this… please fix my norns horrid armor model, and gimme an aquabreather for this stuff, because I think that was an actual honest oversight.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

Dude, it is NOT your character’s skin. It’s the same material that the Weapons are made of. That’s why the helmet fins and shoulder armor have the exact same look, despite not being a part of the character’s body.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

All I know is the new sets look seriously awful. Might have been ok if it didn’t make your skin look like it a twilight vampire… But they match the awfulness of the story so I guess it works…

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Dude, it is NOT your character’s skin. It’s the same material that the Weapons are made of. That’s why the helmet fins and shoulder armor have the exact same look, despite not being a part of the character’s body.

I’m not saying that the in-fiction substance that the armor is made out of is made of flesh. I am saying that it has precisely the same physical dimensions as your own character’s flesh, only this time they decided to also include your own nipples to it.

If it looks like skin, acts like skin, and has nipple-shaped features like skin, but it’s blue, that doesn’t give them a free pass.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lorelei.7809

Is painted skin not considered skin? No, it’s considered skin. Same diff.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

SnowHawk.3615

Even though I think the nipples are pushing it a bit, I really wish we could get off that subject, and get back to the entire rest of the skin… great concepts, great dye channels but there are some things I have mentioned previously that deserve a lot more attention than this… please fix my norns horrid armor model, and gimme an aquabreather for this stuff, because I think that was an actual honest oversight.

I think aqua breathers need a better everything- they are always left out completely.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Atleast for those of us who wear the skin; give our characters their features back & add an option that we can dye the blue skin

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

It’s not even painted skin. It’s a sculpted material that covers the vast majority of the character’s actual flesh, just like that Batman and Robin armor I posted.

Also, why is it, that in every picture you’ve posted claiming that this armor shows nipples, the character only has ONE?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Omg I’ve never noticed it before because of the horrendous phantasms, but having my character’s nipples show is so distasteful. -_-

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

It’s not even painted skin. It’s a sculpted material that covers the vast majority of the character’s actual flesh, just like that Batman and Robin armor I posted.

Also, why is it, that in every picture you’ve posted claiming that this armor shows nipples, the character only has ONE?

You are literally making things up and completely ignoring evidence to the contrary. It’s not sculpted anything. The armor turns your character’s skin blue. I posted the proof in image form, you can see where I overlapped two screenshots of the same character with and without it. There is no change in physical proportions to prove your claim that it’s something added over top of the character’s body. At all.

As far as the multiplication of nipples is concerned, I see two. Have you even looked at it in game? It’s pretty obvious there too.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Inimicus.7162

lighting and the way the shades play out, but both are actually there, you just can’t catch a screenie with both plain-as-day visible.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Hello all,

Please keep your feedback respectful and constructive. We do not mind if you have negative feedback, but please be constructive about giving said feedback. This includes your thread titles. Thank you.

I’d like to add my own feedback.

Firstly, I’m liking very much the availability of armor that supports the weapon skins of the same name. I am looking forward to your interpretation of Sclerite, Fused, Dreamthistle armors etc.

I urge Anet to take into consideration that many players (myself included) like to hide their headgear. The current Zodiac armor ‘forces’ you to show the headgear; because hiding it looks terrible unless you have blue skin.

Just as some folks have asked for less revealing armors, let me cast my vote for more revealing armors.

Perhaps as with the ‘Flamekissed/Flamewrath/Flamewalker’ armors, Anet could have released two versions of the same armor. Based on the replies before on this thread, I believe there would have been a market for both versions; the current version and a version which shows the original skin color (which I imagine would then have the Zodiac blue and glow on some of the remaining areas). The advantage of the version I propose is that we will be able to ‘hide headgear’ without issue. Personally, if both versions were available, I’d definitely see myself getting at least one without hesitation.

Extension to the above paragraph, even better if you could make it such that we could switch styles (like some hats/accessories on Team Fortress 2) on the same item. You could satisfy everyone at once.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

You are literally making things up and completely ignoring evidence to the contrary. It’s not sculpted anything. The armor turns your character’s skin blue. I posted the proof in image form, you can see where I overlapped two screenshots of the same character with and without it. There is no change in physical proportions to prove your claim that it’s something added over top of the character’s body. At all.

As far as the multiplication of nipples is concerned, I see two. Have you even looked at it in game? It’s pretty obvious there too.

Manipulated screenshots =/= proof. I’ve been toying with my camera on my Mesmer, trying to figure out what you’re allegedly seeing and still can’t make them show up. I managed to get ONE of those white swirls in the armor to line up “correctly” and look like your screenshot, but that’s not a nipple.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lorelei.7809

There isn’t any controversy with the Norn Shaman armors, Countess Anise’s set, and Sylvari NPC sets…. why can’t we get those and armor like them? They’re actually tasteful and stylish.

I did not realize that about the armor. So glad I didn’t waste money on it….

@videoboy, it doesn’t matter whether they are or aren’t: they’re perceived as such by a lot of people including myself

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Manipulated screenshots =/= proof. I’ve been toying with my camera on my Mesmer, trying to figure out what you’re allegedly seeing and still can’t make them show up. I managed to get ONE of those white swirls in the armor to line up “correctly” and look like your screenshot, but that’s not a nipple.

Look at it in the preview window, not in game. It’s much easier to spot.

Edit: Also, bizarrely, it’s more obvious on the medium armor than the light. For some reason, the light armor neglects the actual nipple, whereas the medium includes it.

Edit2: While I’m thrilled that you think my photoshop skills are that good, I’m pretty sure that convincingly shopping in nipples like that is beyond my ability.

(edited by foofad.5162)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

It’s called selective perception.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

I’m still waiting for someone that believes the blue areas are flesh, to explain to me the extensions on the helmets and the shoulders. They’re exactly the same and none of the races have those types of appendages.

@Lorelei I want all those armors too. =(

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Here’s the raw screenshot, just to put any more fears to rest over me faking it. Save it, zoom in on your own.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Most of the people complaining about the boobs sound like their in the church choir or are a bunch RP nerds. There is nothing wrong with the armor except for 2 things. First is the star texture on the blue skin, it’s too blurry and needs to be more high quality. Second, the curved shoes need to go but id settle just for the HQ blue star texture.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lorelei.7809

@videoboy: it’s too much like flesh. that’s all that matters. Note the x-men character Mystique and how she was perceived.

I’m just a female who wants an armor set to cover the breasts. This set makes Masquerade armor look classy (which I think it looks like a mauled gown).

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Here’s the raw screenshot, just to put any more fears to rest over me faking it. Save it, zoom in on your own.

OMG! She’s got a nipple on her shoulder as well!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m going to put my vote in for a release of a version without the blue part. I looked at it for my Sylvari Mesmer and really like the non blue part but the blue was a deal breaker. It clashes too much with the color theme of pink and white I have for her as well as hiding her glow. The rest of the armor is lovely though.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

@videoboy: it’s too much like flesh. that’s all that matters. Note the x-men character Mystique and how she was perceived.

I’m just a female who wants an armor set to cover the breasts. This set makes Masquerade armor look classy (which I think it looks like a mauled gown).

X-Men Fun Fact: Mystique is actually always naked (unless powerless).

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Koi.2570

Koi.2570

The preview of the armor doesn’t do it justice! Definitely the best in game purchase I’ve made. It matches wonderfully with my Wind Catcher.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

I actually see the nipples too. -_- I find it quite distasteful now.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Thats light glare.. unless your nipples IRL are in some really odd places…

if you move said preview, the nipples move! omg! -.- /facepalm

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

As a woman and with lots of medical knowledge, I can say : Nipples are not that high, even on surgically doctored chests (Unless there is some serious misplacement or serious issue as to why they can not be placed back into their normal location.)

I’m sorry, you are just reaching with these statements and ‘proof’.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.