gem bought skins

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bjwhiteda.7645

bjwhiteda.7645

now I do like the option of the wardrobe and I do occasionally buy armor skins with gems ….and its not been without a few regrets. Im not fond of the transmutation charge. If you bought the armor skin with gems or earned it ingame, I don’t think we should have to buy transmutation charges to change into those skins. To me its like buying a sweater at the store then every time you wanna wear it, you have to pay the store again.

I do like the preview of skins and outfits before you buy them but..for some reason when I got the outfit that looks like its from cantha, in preview it looked nice but when I put it on the same character I did the preview on, it makes her legs look like sticks and made her look flat chested. I tried it on other characters with same effect..least thatgs how it looks to me. really disappointed in that one.

On a good note though I love the lich , was always one of my favs from gw1.

Ok done with my rant tonight

Disclaimer
Courteous, intelligent debate from players help devs make a good game, legendary

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/This-game-is-nothing-more-than-money-grab/4529531

I posted on this as well and was basically told by several other players that I can’t expect to get everything for free. Apparently the initial $10.00 doesn’t count.

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/This-game-is-nothing-more-than-money-grab/4529531

I posted on this as well and was basically told by several other players that I can’t expect to get everything for free. Apparently the initial $10.00 doesn’t count.

You don’t deserve an easy free lunch. They are way to get that free lunch but requires doing some work, go do it.

People think they deserve more than they should.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

To me its like buying a sweater at the store then every time you wanna wear it, you have to pay the store again.

Not really. In real life, they’re separate items, and if you afford the storage, you get to keep as many different sweaters as you want and you can wear them as often as you want. In guild wars you have the same option.

Guild wars FURTHER give you the option to change the look of one physical item into something else. In real life you would have to pay a tailor, and it would be a lot more limited AND a lot more costly than one transmutation charge.

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If you need transmutation charges, I highly suggest you go and do PvP. Reward tracks give them out like candy.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If you need transmutation charges, I highly suggest you go and do PvP. Reward tracks give them out like candy.

It’s true. I only PvP in hotjoin for dailies and I have charges coming out of my ears.

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Same here. XD I’ve also got 110+ Experience Tomes too, so I’m set if ANet ever releases a new race/profession. Instant level 80 after creation!

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I have never PvPd and I probably will never PvP. I’m 48 and have been playing MMOs since Everquest 1, but I have physical limitations because of a disability and I’m only an average PvEer. I don’t do dungeons except with friends because I know I drag the group down. These are some of the reasons why I pay for the skins I like.

This next part is in no way towards you.

I keep getting told I’m expecting a free lunch but I’ve paid for these skins. I even suggested a method where I would pay again on a per character basis to unlock those skins for them.

That suggestion was for ArenaNet, they can listen or not, I don’t need rude people assuming my motives and telling me what I do and don’t deserve. In this game that’s for ArenaNet to decide and not them.

gem bought skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s a reasonable point of view in which gem store skins would be re-usable, just like e.g. HoM and Zenith skins, which are free to transmute. I suspect that would require ANet to increase the gem prices of such items. Since people already complain about the gem, I’m not sure I see the financially benefit to ANet to make the change.

There’s also a reasonable point of view to the existing system: every skin change costs transmute charges (with a few notable exceptions) and spending gems doesn’t change that. I’m also ok with this system, because I tend not to transmute that often (even when there’s no cost) and I like spending less on skins.

I can see why individuals might favor one system or the other.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”