new faces....where?

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

when they announced new faces i was hoping for some new faces to try out, what really happened is disappointing and that is an understatement.

i checked all the faces of all races, tried every different points of view but i can’t call this “new” faces but recycled faces with a paint job.
asura: just 1 face with different patterns
sylvari: reused the previous new face with a new pattern
human: same face as release face but with different make-up and such
norn: same face as released face with different make-up and such

the only single race that has actual new faces is the charr, not that they look pretty in the slightest but that could be me.

so to warn anyone, don’t buy in to this, they reused old faces and simply edited it with photoshop.
it’s a cheap and lazy money making strategy, a real low blow IMO.

we want actual new faces with new face structures and new face expressions, we want new options to make our characters look exactly the way we want it to look and we want the new stuff to actually be new.
i know that Anet is getting more and more greedy but advertising this cheap crap really makes my blood boil, both as a player and as a game designer it’s a disappointment to see Anet go so low as to simply edit an existing face and sell it at the full price.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

They’re from Total Makeover Kits.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

when they announced new faces i was hoping for some new faces to try out, what really happened is disappointing and that is an understatement.

i checked all the faces of all races, tried every different points of view but i can’t call this “new” faces but recycled faces with a paint job.
asura: just 1 face with different patterns
sylvari: reused the previous new face with a new pattern
human: same face as release face but with different make-up and such
norn: same face as released face with different make-up and such

the only single race that has actual new faces is the charr, not that they look pretty in the slightest but that could be me.

so to warn anyone, don’t buy in to this, they reused old faces and simply edited it with photoshop.
it’s a cheap and lazy money making strategy, a real low blow IMO.

we want actual new faces with new face structures and new face expressions, we want new options to make our characters look exactly the way we want it to look and we want the new stuff to actually be new.
i know that Anet is getting more and more greedy but advertising this cheap crap really makes my blood boil, both as a player and as a game designer it’s a disappointment to see Anet go so low as to simply edit an existing face and sell it at the full price.

Yeah realy disapointed too, I was hoping to get a couple of new faces for my charrs and most of them are basicaly reshaped or repainted versions of already existing models. And for what’s left, its pretty underwhelming…

Very unsatisfied with this character makeover update!

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Are you surprised it’s primarily a Gem Shop item? Or that these designs seem rather lazily put together? Welcome to the show, friend.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I don’t mind the laziness so much on the design, but the fact they’re ugly redesigns.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

The human female ones look just like the other faces. In fact, the two non-freckled faces are identical except one has redder lips and eyeshadow. Human female faces in general look really similar to each other, maybe with a bit more makeup on some of them than others.

I kind of wish that humans had an option for makeup like norns have for their tattoos. It would mean that ANet would be forced to make more diverse faces than releasing identical faces with two different makeup versions.

Is a scarred female face too much to ask for? (the current one looks like tiny paper cuts.)

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

i love to have the option to add a small scar up and under the left eye, as if she barely missed a blade cut in her eye.
so yeah, more options would certainly be a must, humans only have basic things while all other races has at least 1 thing more to customize.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

i love to have the option to add a small scar up and under the left eye, as if she barely missed a blade cut in her eye.
so yeah, more options would certainly be a must, humans only have basic things while all other races has at least 1 thing more to customize.

Yeah…. poor, deprived, humans. They don’t get any cosmetic love. I wish ANet would leave off the focus on charr and asura customization and give humans a teensy bit of attention. (/sarcasm)

Also, anyone who responded as if this is another gemstore complaint/confusion obviously only read the title. Is reading comprehension just not a thing anymore?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Step 1 – Give players new options for customization
Step 2 – Hear players complain they aren’t getting what they want
Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

I’m sorry you’re not able to get exactly what you want. As for me, I’m scoring big with the amount that I’m paying in monthly subscription fees for GW2!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: discosoc.6510

discosoc.6510

I was disappointed to see that even with the new faces, Human males still have only 1 real option that doesn’t look like a 15 year old boy :/

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

I’m sorry you’re not able to get exactly what you want. As for me, I’m scoring big with the amount that I’m paying in monthly subscription fees for GW2!

lol, i am scoring bigger, i don’t pay a monthly fee XD

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

But I have access to new unique face skins!

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

and i have enough money to buy an expensive bike, works both ways.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

Confirmed – New mounts are bicycles.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

I’d buy that, especially if we can trick it out with stickers and even have Tron Light Bike style glowing trails left behind us as we ride.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t mind the new faces not being super special, but I think ANet are doing themselves a huge disservice by not allowing people to preview them unless they already own a total makeover kit.

new faces....where?

in Black Lion Trading Co

sorudo.9054

Step 3 – Repeat Step 1

I’d buy that, especially if we can trick it out with stickers and even have Tron Light Bike style glowing trails left behind us as we ride.

not allowed in every state. :P