Rate the Charr Name Above You

in Charr

Posted by: severedhand.2673

severedhand.2673

Nask Javnar, sounds a little……. Norn’ish to me but still cool coming out of a charr mouth, what profession?

Mine is male Warrior, with influence from a popular book/movie series, try to guess which one.

Catnip Fever Scream

in Charr

Posted by: primavista.4986

primavista.4986

1/10, I’m afraid. Sad times.

Not charr-ish at all, and I don’t get the context/reference either, so it just seems really out of place to me. Sorry!

This is my charr warrior, Ahkar Pyreforge.
I’ve decided that this surname came about after the first burst of story missions;
Pyre, in honour and remembrance of his fallen warband, and Forge to reflect both his aptitude in creating new ideas (Iron Legion storyline) and his ability to swiftly and skilfully put together a new warband.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

Nask Javnar, sounds a little……. Norn’ish to me but still cool coming out of a charr mouth, what profession?

Mine is male Warrior, with influence from a popular book/movie series, try to guess which one.

Catnip Fever Scream

Nask is a Necromancer. Also, 1-10 rating, please?

1/10, I’m afraid. Sad times.

Not charr-ish at all, and I don’t get the context/reference either, so it just seems really out of place to me. Sorry!

This is my charr warrior, Ahkar Pyreforge.
I’ve decided that this surname came about after the first burst of story missions;
Pyre, in honour and remembrance of his fallen warband, and Forge to reflect both his aptitude in creating new ideas (Iron Legion storyline) and his ability to swiftly and skilfully put together a new warband.

9/10, very great name.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

in Charr

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

well…since i dont get a name to rate above me ill rate -MangoMan.3218- charr name then cuz he didnt get the rating number
i have to agree with -severedhand.2673-….Nask Javnar doesnt sound very charr to me so ill give you 5/10

mine is Kitty Softpaws [from the moive Puss In Boots…not so original, i know] >_<
charr thief from Ash legion
extremely charming and with her softpaws she can steal anything from anyone without getting found out…even those grumpy asura wouldnt notice their money missing

in Charr

Posted by: gthnk.5218

gthnk.5218

Cthule Bloodmane, Iron Legion Engineer
Pronounced, Kah-th-oo-lah

in Charr

Posted by: Bahamut.7029

Bahamut.7029

Cthule … sounds dark and evil i leik it 8/10
9/10 if you have a red mane ingame :P

my turn
Bahamut Othman Warrior of blood legion
Gigantic charr ,Dark sand fur, Red mane “hair” awesome Horns. \m/

Charr , Blood Legion Warrior \m/
Tumblr:The Bahamut

in Charr

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

my turn

Eh I hate to be harsh but I’m not feeling that one. “Bahamut” is trite and uninspired, and does not flow well with “Othman.” Say it out loud and you should be able to see what I mean.

I do, however like that you’ve discarded the “traditional” Charr surname practice. I imagine that as the Charr population grows, they will have a harder time coming up with sufficient and unique surnames. There are only so many combinations you can make with words commonly used in Charr surnames, and I have the feeling that in a century or two Charr would have way too many common ones.

Along these lines, I’ve named my Charr similarly. My main (Blood Legion Guardian) is ‘Sarabi Aminata’ and my Charr alt (Iron Legion Warrior) is ‘Ogan Sûn.’ I still haven’t decided on a backstory reason for this. Perhaps it is simply an administrative distinction, or perhaps they’re trying to form their own clans? I dunno. But it’s fun to think about :P

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Charr

Posted by: Bahamut.7029

Bahamut.7029

my turn

Eh I hate to be harsh but I’m not feeling that one. “Bahamut” is trite and uninspired, and does not flow well with “Othman.” Say it out loud and you should be able to see what I mean.

I do, however like that you’ve discarded the “traditional” Charr surname practice. I imagine that as the Charr population grows, they will have a harder time coming up with sufficient and unique surnames. There are only so many combinations you can make with words commonly used in Charr surnames, and I have the feeling that in a century or two Charr would have way too many common ones.

Along these lines, I’ve named my Charr similarly. My main (Blood Legion Guardian) is ‘Sarabi Aminata’ and my Charr alt (Iron Legion Warrior) is ‘Ogan Sûn.’ I still haven’t decided on a backstory reason for this. Perhaps it is simply an administrative distinction, or perhaps they’re trying to form their own clans? I dunno. But it’s fun to think about :P

i agree with you sir i did not follow tradition what i did was i made a story built on my character creation and imagination .
coming from arabian heritage i used what i thought would fit charr culture
so the name Bahamut => Behemoth "my charr is fat and big….
Othman My last name .. i was thinking of going along with Bloodfang, doomclaw or deadeye. but i thought i should use my own name … since the character i am making is a mirror of what i see my self as " a fat furball who is angry all the time "
so you see i did actually try to make my own story and my own fun Even though i had to follow the main storyline for lewts :P but i agree you might not feel like it fits but i do :P
oh also 8/10 for Ogan Sûn
and 9/10 Sarabi Aminata
i like your idea that they might start their own clan in the legions .
Long live Blood Legion

Attached is a photo of my beloved charr… Bahamut
~Bahamut

Attachments:

Charr , Blood Legion Warrior \m/
Tumblr:The Bahamut

(edited by Bahamut.7029)

in Charr

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

Well don’t get me wrong, “Bahamut” sounds pretty awesome, I just feel like I’ve heard it everywhere.

He looks pretty neat to me. I like how male Charr tend to to have canine faces whereas females have more of a feline look. I think they’re one of the best/coolest fantasy races I’ve seen in a long time!

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Charr

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

Oh I love this RP stuff here’s mine:

Gravelord Nito -First among the dead
Blood Legion Necromancer
Revered as much as feared among the legion, it is said he was captured with over a half of his regiment by flame legion and burnt on a sacrificial pyre but he did not die… When the legion stormed the flame camp to rescue the prisoners they found everyone dead and camp raised to the ground, only Nito stood among the ashes.

-They laughed when I promised they shall suffer throughout eternity, they don’t seem to find it funny anymore. -Gravelord Nito

Attachments:

(edited by Catcrafter.3917)

in Charr

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Gravelord Nito –
4, doesn’t have a catchy tune to it, easy to forget.
Uses the word “Gravelord”, as much as I support cheesiness, only if it was intentional, while adding “Nito” supposed to give it a deeper meaning, it does the opposite instead.

While not claiming mine is any better, as part of the game:

Charr name: Crazy Rabbi – Engineer with white coat, green rubber gloves and starter goggles.
(at work so can’t post a screen)

(edited by Horheristo.3607)

in Charr

Posted by: Hollow Shadow.6593

Hollow Shadow.6593

5-10
its a funny name and concept but not really charrish.

My elemantalist is named scorch fleshburner.
He’s former flame legion and now is blood legion. i mainly use fire magic.

in Charr

Posted by: Medex.1504

Medex.1504

Since U decided to leave those “giving us a bad name Charrs”, I give U Scorch Fleshburnrer 8/10, to boost the flames of Blood Legion.

Accident consumed a human warrior 250 years ago, and for some strange reason his name was caried in terror (or weird kindness) to a tiny white fluffy cub, who later became an annoying engineer in the Iron Legion, his name Medex the Old (now should be Medex even Older).

P.S.: @creator of this post …. "Grimlock good! …. Dinobots transform! Ekekekekek …. " :P The good old 80`s. Girls by the dozen, no worries, and a brand new ZX Spectrum.

in Charr

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

I give Medex the Old 4.
Not so charr in my opinion, more like some old hermit or sage.

Growl Ironfang. Engineer.

in Charr

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

Serenity Meow – Blood Legion AH Guardian and avid Seinfeld fan. :-P

I like Ironfang as an Engineer. Even better if he actually had an iron fang. I’ll assume he does. 8/10

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Charr

Posted by: Hollow.8192

Hollow.8192

Serenity Meow. Hrm. Not a bad name for a Guardian Charr, because I’d imagine a lot of Guardians are pretty serene and Charr have faces not at all unlike cats. From a personal standpoint however, I’d probably prefer something a little more striking and lore-friendly. Have an ambivalent slice down the middle, a 5/10.

My Iron Legion Charr Necromancer is a female called Jyorga the Charnel!

She doesn’t have a warband.

(edited by Hollow.8192)

in Charr

Posted by: Mr International.3715

Mr International.3715

I’d throw you an 8 I’d say I like that name for a female charr it seems fitting and I like no warband free thinking charr ftw

mine is Grizlam Ironbulge

in Charr

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Grizlam is getting an 8/10 from me, Grizlam is a neat forename but Ironbulge killed it.
Charr male warrior here, the name’s Kandrowl Stormcloak.

in Charr

Posted by: Zeid Valentine.2603

Zeid Valentine.2603

Tarr Geargrind I give 9/10 it fits very well with the charr lore.

My Charr is called Ghrom the Cold. He is not only known to be cold for his chosen Necromancer profession but also for the precision in which he plans his warbands attacks, the Iron Legion demands nothing less then that.

in Charr

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

8/10 name. Really like Ghrom.
My Charr is Khraw Fierceclaw, known for the ferocious use of his claws in battles.

8/10
I like Khraw, it’s giving you some sort of beasty name. But you’re losing a bit on imitating Pyre’s “Fierce” even though it may be unintentional.

Mine is named Gnarl Blackfur(and he obviously have black fur).

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

in Charr

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

7/10
Cool name. Sounds like a “native” name, obviously part of a pack/legion/warband.

My Warriors name is ‘Grave Maker’. It was a name i’d saved for a while, and with my Charr Warrior being my 3rd 80 i finally put it to use.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

in Charr

Posted by: ROGUEbabydoll.4208

ROGUEbabydoll.4208

7/10
Cool name. Sounds like a “native” name, obviously part of a pack/legion/warband.

My Warriors name is ‘Grave Maker’. It was a name i’d saved for a while, and with my Charr Warrior being my 3rd 80 i finally put it to use.

haha, i like it. 7/10

my female charr warrior is called Mayven Blackfeather.

in Charr

Posted by: Shadowdawn.7946

Shadowdawn.7946

7/10 it doesn’t sound like a Charr name, but 10/10 if this weren’t for Charr sounding names.

Kyjak Blackbolt, Female Engineer.

Bolt is the warband name, black is how her victims end up looking once she’s through with them. She loves explosives and flamethrowers, and uses them at every chance, giving her a fearsome reputation.

Catnip Fever Scream

Katniss Evergreen, really? Would work better with a ranger and a female. How did no-one get that?

I love all things Charr. They’re badkitten!

in Charr

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

7/10 Black is how her victims end up looking hmm some effort atleast :P

Vakat Headhunter

The Pic speaks for the name.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Tjihyana.2536

Tjihyana.2536

I’m still a bit new to Charr so… this might be a bit awkward.

Vakat sounds a bit odd to my ear, but still fits. Headhunter is a bit tribal, but fits the charr culture. 7/10

My one is Dize Bloodpaw, backstory very much in the works. Blood Legion warrior, frontline at it’s finest.

in Charr

Posted by: Obsidian.3247

Obsidian.3247

6/10 Dize 10/10 Bloodpaw

Dize sounds like a name that would be given to an Asura character.
Bloodpaw is simple, but sounds awesome. Sounds like a character who is all action and no mercy!

Garzed – Engineer Charr
He only has one name (like Beyonce or Cher), for personal story reasons.

in Charr

Posted by: Prowler.1274

Prowler.1274

I give Garzed 6/10,It’s pretty cool for a Charr Engineer, just not my taste. Mine is “Prowler Shalex” – Charr Warrior. All of my characters start off with the tag “Prowler” and then I add a name based on race/profession!

in Charr

Posted by: discardednotes.5729

discardednotes.5729

6/10
Prowler would seem great for a thief or ranger.

6/10
Shalex doesn’t seem to bad but reminds me of some kind of medicine used to unclog yourself. XD

My charr guardian is named Faldrin Ironpaw. Thought the idea behind the Ironpaw would be from the use of heavy armor.

ALS – Anvil Rock
Necromancer, Elementalist, Warrior, Guardian

in Charr

Posted by: Senkokura.8531

Senkokura.8531

8/10 I like ironpaw, Faldrin seemed a little out of place but it still fits.

Maula Rageclaw is my female warrior charr. He father wanted a son to live up to the Rageclaw name and wanted to name his son “Maul”. Instead he ended up with a daughter so he put “a” at the end of it. Her father was a loyal and proud warrior. She’s a member of the blood Legion and has become a mighty warrior. She does indeed live up to the family name

in Charr

Posted by: Nooga.1265

Nooga.1265

Dont really want to judge other peoples names but I’m going to make a Charr thief named Charrtemis Entreri

in Charr

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

Dont really want to judge other peoples names but I’m going to make a Charr thief named Charrtemis Entreri

Call the other one Charrmander…

Ekhm.

Anyway. For Maula Rageclaw I have 9/10, just because Maula sound funny in my head.xd

in Charr

Posted by: illyume.9630

illyume.9630

Clever (8/10) but not very Charr-like (2/10).

5/10 overall?

My Charr characters:

Illyume – male engineer. I use the name a lot, and it didn’t seem too out of place. He’s a gladium, so he doesn’t get any nifty surname.

Ahnassi Silentpaw – female thief. I liked the reference too much to pass up on it. I’ve noticed quite a few ‘Paw’ warbands around, which makes me a little sad I picked that as her warband name, but eh…

Krisara Goretalon – female warrior. Part of the Talon warband: Moa ranchers, and in her opinion quite boring. She got the Gore part of her name on account of being one of the more ‘spirited’ of her group.

in Charr

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

7/10 for Tarr Geargrind above me. The name, background, and profession fit well.

In an attempt to carry on the legacy of my characters I have based all of my GW2 characters on my characters from GW1. I had/have a short female monk in GW1 named Nina Fee, so my Charr is a short female Guardian named Nya Feercat.

EDIT: Oops – some of the posts didn’t load and I ranked the wrong name. Sorry :\

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

in Charr

Posted by: SerMahad.4813

SerMahad.4813

6.5/10 – Name is nice, although I find the surname not so charry on my tongue.

I have two kittens:
Taigrr Bloodhorn – Blood Legion warrior, tiger-like appearance, nickname from some nasty habit about his antelope horns.
Mow Threefingers – Iron Legion engineer, small sized funny dude, something went wrong with some explosives during the training.

My Mom Thinks I’m Special [MTIS] – Piken Square

in Charr

Posted by: Kokocat.6045

Kokocat.6045

Taigrr Bloodhorn – 6/10: You used the primus warband in your name (aka its not Lore Friendly).
Mow Threefingers – 8/10: Very engineer like.

Vice Blitzshot – Iron Legion Thief. What’s worse than a thief? A smart thief. Dismantling and stealing battle plans/machines from enemies while at the same time reassembling and improving their prototypes for Iron Legion purposes. Blitzshot from the Blitz Warband, nothing brings a bigger smile to your muzzle than unloading your bullets into a Flame Legion Shaman’s heart.

in Charr

Posted by: Monsterboy.2490

Monsterboy.2490

Vice is a great marksman’s name, but “blitzshot” is more of a artillery or heavy duty gunner.
7/10
Mine’s Eviroth, no last name, since the only members of his family are his father, now deceased, and himself. Therefor, he is the only one that can bear his last name, and Eviroth feels he cannot bear his father’s name, partly because he doesn’t want to gain admiration from it solely, partly because he doesn’t feel he deserve the respect it gives, he has his own path, his father can’t guide him through it anymore.

in Charr

Posted by: Dilige Vitam.1956

Dilige Vitam.1956

I’d say 6/10 for Eviroth. It’s inventive as a name, but it’s not something I’d see as a Charr name. In my opinion, I find Charrs suit more harsh, abrupt names. That’s just my opinion though.

Morte Darksteel, warrior.
Abandoned from birth, he was quickly thrown in with a large warband and named “Darksteel” after the rank and file of the group. His prowess on the field quickly gained the attention of those around him, as his large, sweeping strikes with his greatsword brought up images of a reaper taking the lives of those around him. So, he gained the nickname “Morte”, death.
(Morte was chosen simply because it was latin and followed with a lot of Charr titles and such)

in Charr

Posted by: TSCavalier.8053

TSCavalier.8053

Tarr Geargrind is a perfect name, IMO. It’s the kind of ironic play on words that I like in charr names.

My Blood Legion guardian is named Krush Bonemender. My original concept was a front-line combat medic, and I put the ambiguity of either crushing or mending bones in his name. He’s dyed in blood red and white.

in Charr

Posted by: SolitaryJr.9654

SolitaryJr.9654

Agree that Tarr geargrind sounds perfect! It works very well in Fireheart Rise map.

I’ll give 9/10 to Krush Bonemender. IMO, I think the name suits better in warrior.
“They are known for their prowess in traditional battlefield combat.” – from wiki
So, they don’t really need medic…

Mine is a female charr, Eirlys(snowflake) Whitefur, thief from ash legion. The reasons I name her because she joined the war during winterdays, and armor color with celestia and silver to make her be difference to others charrs in ash legion who usually in dark. Stealth on!

Another reason is because i read a thread from charr discussion before her journey begin.

“If your character is female, you are the perfect example of how powerful a woman can get, independent, strong, won’t take crap, and isn’t afraid to break a few bones to get the point across.”

Charrs – Thief(80), Guardian(80), Engineer(80), Warrior(80)
[Resting atm :)]

in Charr

Posted by: dondpo.2548

dondpo.2548

Mine is a female charr, Eirlys(snowflake) Whitefur, thief from ash legion. The reasons I name her because she joined the war during winterdays, and armor color with celestia and silver to make her be difference to others charrs in ash legion who usually in dark. Stealth on!

I’ll give Eirlys Whitefur 10/10, great name and interesting story.

I don’t have a story behind my name but mine Charr is from the Blood Legion and named Suurg Bloodfur.

in Charr

Posted by: Tory.6742

Tory.6742

9/10 for Suurg. The 1st name sounds a bit like he has hickup, but all in all it’s a good name for a Charr in the Blood Legion.

My Charr is called Taka Schwarzpranke (englisch: Taka Blackpaw) and he’s from the Blood Legion too. He’s a Necromancer with scars over his eyes, brown fur and Black mane. And of cause black paws. The 1st name is the name “scar” from the lion king had before he get’s his scar.

in Charr

Posted by: PCdog.7864

PCdog.7864

Tronchetto Alpino – Necro
Gran Canaria – Engineer
Trappe Echourgnac – Ranger

They’re all male and their name are all the cheese name

in Charr

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Not to offend you but none of the names sounds very charr-y. 3/10 for Trappe Echourgnac, the others are more like 1/10. Sorry :/

My ash legion ranger is named Corr Pridehunter. Unlike my Norn, I pretty much came up with this name in a matter of minutes (while my norn took honestly more than one year of preparation). It does have a lot of Rs in it, as I think, together with K, it’s the most common consonant in Charr names.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Charr

Posted by: Bram.1406

Bram.1406

my charr warrior’s name is Racul Bladeslash, because i fight with two blades

in Charr

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Corr Pridehunter gets an 8/10. Last name follows the two word/syllable minimum for Charr, first name is… a little iffy, as it doesn’t seem like Charr ever use “Core/Corps” as a word. At least as far as I’ve seen, so it sounds slightly foreign for them in my eyes.

Neraine Casel. Female Warrior. Last name is pronounced Case-L (Or however you pronounce Case as it’s own word.)

in Charr

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Neraine Casel. Female Warrior. Last name is pronounced Case-L (Or however you pronounce Case as it’s own word.)

I would give it 7/10. Neraine sounds like a pretty good name for a female charr. As for Casel, it’s good and sounds good when paired with Neraine, but I’m not really sure it completely follows the typical charr naming protocol. Aren’t charr surnames generally something more like titles, that reflect the personality or behavioural traits of the individual? I suppose there are exceptions though, so I give it a 7/10.

After a few weeks of deliberation leading up to the game’s launch, I decided on making a Charr engineer named Holokostas Whitelaw.

Holokostas because:

*It sounds like a common real name, “Kostas.”
*It’s a play on the Greek word " holókaustos" meaning “to burn entirely,” and he uses the flamethrower as his primary weapon — enough said.
*It’s original

Whitelaw because:

*No matter how sinister and dark I make my characters (from a roleplaying perspective) I also make sure that they maintain a righteous disposition. “Whitelaw” to me gives the impression that the character is known for his adherence to the “big picture” of moral adherence.
*His fur is partly white.

Below: Screenshots from when he was around level 20. All I got.

Attachments:

(edited by Elricht Kaltwind.8796)

in Charr

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

I’m going to go with a 9/10 for Holokostas. the first name is a bit long for what we normally see among charr, but on the whole, it’s a great name.

My character is Faeros Fireblade, Blood Legion Warrior. He gets in close and can hit hard, but knows how to stay at range and use a rifle if melee is looking dicey. The origin of his name comes from the fact that his warband comes from liberated flame legion children. Blade because he became the strongest fighter in the fahrar, and he specializes in the use of a greatsword.

in Charr

Posted by: Iove.3902

Iove.3902

Going for a 8/10 for Faeros is an Arthurian name. Sylvari use Arthurian names.

Mine is Matis Clawrage, Blood Legion Warrior, but also a humble Scholar of the Durmond Priory.

in Charr

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Very Charr-esque. 10/10

My ranger is named Rhenium Longstride. I was sifting through the metal elements in the periodic table when I was making this guy and liked Rhenium. Longstride is for his long strides. lol

in Charr

Posted by: aikiakane.1058

aikiakane.1058

I like the feel of your name, both as a warrior and a scholar. 9/10.

My charr, also a Blood Legion warrior, is named Kiakoa Shatterspine.

GATE OF MADNESS
Rule of Wrist [Row] — Order of the Bee [BEES]