500 Badges of honor!?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Copenhagen Warrior.5861

Copenhagen Warrior.5861

Come on GW2 team this is dumb.. some players do not like WvW or PvP.. yet for us to get our legendary you require us to do this, WvW is flat out boring and the drop rate of a badge is dumb. I kill numerous people and seems like I get a badge 1 out of every 7 players vanished. At least let us earn badges in real PvP or something instead of Zerg WvW or please consider in the future an alternative to the badges.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Go to the Jump Puzzle daily and check if there are Mesmers in there that are porting. Do the puzzle like this on all possible characters you have and it’s easy. That’s how I got most of my badges and it wasn’t boring nor hard :P . Good Luck !

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Badges of Honor are the easiest part of crafting a legendary. Requires no money, and is mainly gotten by the EB and homeland Jping Puzzles. Piece of cake.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I got 400/500 of my badges from JP.

Make 5 characters, easiest is a warrior cause of 2 sword skill and 4 warhorn skill.

Do JP in your home borderlands everyday on all your 5 characters = average 25 badges.

Do other borderlands JP if you feel like it (5 can be a bit much sometimes)

And be patient, this will take a hour a day, for 20 days, and you’ll have enough.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: FurryPaw.4852

FurryPaw.4852

I see lodestones and precursors aren’t an issue anymore, since we came down to something as simple as badges XD

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

The stuff some people complain about…oh dear…
Do the EB+home borderland JP on your main thats usually 20 badges guaranteed + I usually kill a few invaders so thats a steady 25 badges a day for me, without actually going into WvW. That’s with 1 character- if you can be bothered then do it for ur alts/other 80’s.
For my last legendary I did WvW pvp for 1 whole day and got my last 100 badges, was awesome, enjoyed it.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Having a legendary means that you have participated in every aspect of the game, pvp included.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Having a legendary means that you have participated in every aspect of the game, pvp included.

No…no it does not at all. Badges do not even mean you have pvp’d since then are mainly farmed via the jp’s. A person can load gw2 and within 1 minute have a legendary if that doesn’t discount the “participation factor” idk what else would.

Serenity now~Insanity later

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

No…no it does not at all. Badges do not even mean you have pvp’d since then are mainly farmed via the jp’s. A person can load gw2 and within 1 minute have a legendary if that doesn’t discount the “participation factor” idk what else would.

They are NOT mainly farmed by Jp’s .. Only PVE’ers claim this. They ARE easy to get by just playing WvW. You only need to know how to “damage” your enemy.
brotip: Try using an arrowcart when enemy is attacking your tower/keep

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Frankly, I don’t think the 500 badges are unreasonable at all. What about players who mainly like to WvW? If they want to get a legendary, they have to do ll sorts of PvE stuff to get it. Should the PvE requirements be removed for them?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Precursor and lodestones are the hardest part. I got enough badge of honor to get 2 gifts of battle by the time I finished my first legendary last week or so. JP are were you get a majority of your badges of honor.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

They are NOT mainly farmed by Jp’s .. Only PVE’ers claim this. They ARE easy to get by just playing WvW. You only need to know how to “damage” your enemy.
brotip: Try using an arrowcart when enemy is attacking your tower/keep

Who are the majority population of gw2? PvP players? I very much doubt that. I would venture to say that yes the majority of farmed badges (sole intent not byproduct)are in fact farmed via the jp’s by the majority of gw2 players who are PvE players. Ofc this is just formed via logic and not actually from knowing it as fact

PS…when related to the topic at hand…obtaining 500 badges expressively for a legendary…..yeah farmed via jp’s…I have no very little doubt

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: FurryPaw.4852

FurryPaw.4852

People are missing out so much by farming at JP
And before you say “pfff, we are pve players, not like you, pvp-nerd”, I should say that I’m almost 99% pve ~
BUT, I’m not willing to create alts just to get more badges at jumping puzzle. So I have to actually run around the battlefield with my crappy pve and zero pvp skills and try to get some badges for me~
And I’m here to tell you – I think it’s a totally different experience if you can NOT play pvp at all, and yet you have to run there and attempt to get some badges~ That’s an awesome palette of emotions, that available only to noobs like me From horrible uncontrollable rage and face-punching the keyboard to an ecstasy when you finally slaughter someone and get your badge XD If not for the lags (I’m playing on an old laptop so every zerg turns into a slideshow for me) – I’d enjoy it even more :P
After all, you should be legendary enough yourself to get your legendary weapon, so… Make a legendary face, scream something threatening in a legendary voice and start running around in legendary way and murdering those invaders~ I’m not sure if it’s legendary to panic and mash all buttons in a random order, but I think there is something legendary in it as well xD

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

I for one appreciate this thread. Because it was actually something different. It’s okay either follow a zerg for a few hours or jump puzzle to victory.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

Well… im a pvp player. Last night i did WvW and got 80 badges. I could get a gift of battle in about a week from scratch. some of my friends have bought stuff with badges and could get several gifts of battle over. But you know what? if we want a legendary we got to grind out all that tier 6 crap. i hate pve and grinding and yet i gotta do it for that legendary. so if i gotta suck up your stupid pve stuff you gotta suck up the stupid pvp stuff.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Allow me to offer counter points

1) If your server is doing BAD in WvW, the Jumping Puzzles are suicide. I’m on Borlis Pass, and Dragonbrand camped 8 Golems and 30 people at the end of Obsidian. I /waved at them and WP’d back out.

2) I have 1700+ Badges from WvWing part time, and I’m mainly a PvEer. It’s not hard. Only a quarter of this came from the two JPs.

3) If you want a Legendary weapon, you’re gonna have to work for it. If you can’t handle 500 Badges, get ready for a headache when you start your Clover quest.

Tip – If you want Karma, Coin, XP, and Badges, defend your towers/keeps. Put Siege on the walls, and rain arrows or cannon balls. Out damage the enemy’s healing, and you get loot drops.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

3) If you want a Legendary weapon, you’re gonna have to work for it. If you can’t handle 500 Badges, get ready for a headache when you start your Clover quest.

Amen to that. The clovers are a royal pain sometimes.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yeah Mystic clovers are so random. Mystic clover recipe works something like this fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fml, last mystic clover needed. Remember it is a 33% chance to get a mystic clover, meaning 66% chance to fail.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The hardest part of making a Legendary is… the thing you haven’t done yet.

Got a precursor? They don’t seem so unreasnable now…

Got a Gift of Battle? Betcha you can do the jump puzzle by muscle memmory now.

Got your Dungeon gift? Yeah, I could stand doing that again if I had to…

Got 77 Clovers? Huh, I got quite a bunch of other good stuff in the process, so that
wasn’t as bad as I thought…

The cliff always looks more scenic when you are standing at the top of it looking down.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Copenhagen Warrior.5861

Copenhagen Warrior.5861

Well I shouldn’t have to resort to doing JP’s and more than half the time they camp the chest area so you are dead. I would rather earn them doing PvP not Zerg WvW . I am suggesting they give us a different way through a PvP system instead of doing WvW.

FYI I have my clovers and stuff thanks :P

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

What if I like doing WvW and don’t want to spend all my time PvEing? Some people dont like long hours of PvE.

Slippery slope

500 badges isn’t hard. I have 200 badges sitting in bank I got over about the time it took to learn all the ins-and-outs of WvW… as an engineer… without exotic gear.

Less time on forums, more time in WvW

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I know plenty of people who’ve gotten their Gift of Battle entirely from jump puzzle rewards. Honestly, I think the WvW jump puzzles should give less badges than they do now because legendary weapons are supposed to be about mastering every aspect of the game (not saying that it actually is in its current state).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I know plenty of people who’ve gotten their Gift of Battle entirely from jump puzzle rewards. Honestly, I think the WvW jump puzzles should give less badges than they do now because legendary weapons are supposed to be about mastering every aspect of the game (not saying that it actually is in its current state).

Since we are basing this on opinions, I think the legendary should both be completed by crafting and legendary difficulty solo ‘missions’ and that the ‘missions’ test your knowledge of your class. Farming materials for month isn’t very “legendary”. Also I think that the jumping puzzles should have no badges at all, badges should drop off invaders. Cheaters you say? Anet doesn’t have no problems slapping DR’s on PvE, why not add DR’s to PvP, so you couldn’t just kill your friend/s over and over for badges. I rarely see the same invader twice, why are we stuck with .. As dontain said it best – “Badges of Jumping”?

Nothing legendary about getting a legendary, just my 2c.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Come on GW2 team this is dumb

Not really.

ArenaNet should actually remove badges of honor from the jumping puzzles. Keeping them exclusively as sources of siege blueprints would do wonders for WvW.

Legendaries are currently a reward for grind. But some parts of a Legendary are actually well designed, to be rewards for playing the game. Someone who simply enjoys WvW is going to get the 500 badges (and all the needed karma) just by playing the game, no grind required. That’s how the rest of the Legendary components should be – reward people who enjoy all aspects of the game, from WvW to exploration to dungeons to the personal story. sPvP should allow for unlocking PvP Legendary skins through Glory, too.

Instead, Legendaries are now mostly a reward for grinding. ArenaNet had a good design with the Gift of Mastery, but it appears they went downhill from there.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

I strongly dislike WvW but only have 65 left to get. Woot!

Mostly from jumping puzzles like others have said. I found a nice guildie mesmer who sometimes helps – I pay him 5 gold each time through the big one. I take all my toons through each time if possible (sometimes it gets too overwhelmed with other server players). 5 gold is totally worth it to me!

Maybe you can find a nice mesmer in your guild…?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

I strongly dislike WvW but only have 65 left to get. Woot!

Mostly from jumping puzzles like others have said. I found a nice guildie mesmer who sometimes helps – I pay him 5 gold each time through the big one. I take all my toons through each time if possible (sometimes it gets too overwhelmed with other server players). 5 gold is totally worth it to me!

Maybe you can find a nice mesmer in your guild…?

I’ll be your personal portal if it stayed at 5G

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

are u really complaining about 500 badges when u can easily get more then that in a week

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

That was what they used to mean. Now you can just buy them on the TP. Everything they said about legendaries when they launched is now undone.

Just let me sell all my medals. I’ve got plenty you can buy. /sarcasm

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

You pretty much have to use the jumping puzzles, the drop rate on badges is as bad as the drop rate for everything else in the game.

I killed 35 people and got 3 badges out of it a couple days ago, that’s unacceptable.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Just get in a group and get killing, 500 badges really is not that much. Sooooo much easier than some lodestone requirements

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if you don’t like zergs, you can go out of your way and find where your enemies are and attack them with a small strike force. just got to find people you play well with and have a similar mind set (easier said than done).

most times i go into WvW, i start off by doing the JPs and then WvW. but more often than not, i take a look at map chat and i’m sucked into the battling immediately. and i end up getting more badges than i ever would via the jp’s. and i had a ton more fun. and actually contributed to my server.

you’ll get there soon. just don’t think, i need it all now. and jump into WvW every so often.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: bane.6281

bane.6281

+1 to what others mentioned. the 500 badges is nothing compared to the Precursor, lodestones and mystic clovers.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

im agree with you but some things are impossible to get like Charged lodestones, cause of the chain event. i dont know whats going on, on EU servers but the places to farm are contested 98% of the time.
Wheres the people, i have no clue.

i been in 3 diferrent servers on EU all high population and was impossible for me to farm on the sparks cause the places were contested always; as an example.

i had to move from Gunnars to Sanctum (usa) buy my 250 Obsidian Shard with karma.
and the only thing im missing are 90 Charged lodestones to get my legendary.

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

(edited by Macondo.4827)

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

This is honestly one of the better parts of making a legendary. If you’re going to complain about the process. Then complain about something legitimate: the precursor.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Some people do not like PvE either, where are they supposed to get the 500 dungeon tokens from?

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You’re going to whine about badges? That’s one of the easiest parts.

If you’re gonna whine about it, you pretty much don’t deserve a legendary.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

this post is ridiculous as badges are so easy to obtain relative to cost of a precursor/lodestones.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Frankly, I don’t think the 500 badges are unreasonable at all. What about players who mainly like to WvW? If they want to get a legendary, they have to do ll sorts of PvE stuff to get it. Should the PvE requirements be removed for them?

ty why i all this whining about the badges?How shall I be able to get almost 1000g for my sunrise if I don’t PVE all the time to MAYBE have even a small chance of getting it? You can get badges easily if u follow a commander that knows what he is doing around. I get up to 60 if not more a day by fighting zergs and killing the lords at supply camps, keeps and towers and yes there is the jp too which is a little annyoing though if invaders are camping there. Plus pve player joining wvw could actually help us out a lot and is always welcome!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

ty why i all this whining about the badges?How shall I be able to get almost 1000g for my sunrise

This, seriously.

Don’t pretend that other requirements like all that gold, lodestones, and materials you need is a walk in the park.

500 badges is easy to come by in overtime. Learn to enjoy World vs. World. There are tons of people that are intimidated by the concept and feel overwhelmed by the large maps but TRUST ME, once you learn it, you’ll enjoy it. Then 500 badges will feel like NOTHING compared to the other absurd legendary requirements.

A good tip to farm badges is by using an Arrow Cart. The most ideal situation would be using an Arrow Cart somewhere where you cannot be attacked. Then with invaders banging on your gates, shoot them down. It will be raining lootbags. A popular spot is the Lord’s room in Dreaming Bay if you get an Arrow Cart in the far back of the room.

Don’t got access to an Arrow Cart in a good situation? Spend 6 silver, buy an Arrow Cart blueprint, go to where the Commander or orange crosswords on the map is, and throw down an Arrow Cart in a safe spot. If you place a blueprint down, people will build it. And you get ownership of the seige weapon, so if someone is using it, you can kick them out.

In most servers if not all, dedicated WvW players would love non-WvW players like you. It’s true people complain about “randoms” and “pugs,” but a Commander and intelligent dedicated WvW players know the importance of randoms and that they will always be a necessity. Don’t be shy, give it a try, learn it, love it.

I feel sorry for any player that restricts himself to a few aspects of the game rather than all of it.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Come on GW2 team this is dumb.. some players do not like WvW or PvP.. yet for us to get our legendary you require us to do this, WvW is flat out boring and the drop rate of a badge is dumb. I kill numerous people and seems like I get a badge 1 out of every 7 players vanished. At least let us earn badges in real PvP or something instead of Zerg WvW or please consider in the future an alternative to the badges.

same can be said for those that prefers PvP or WvW over PvE, why should those people be screwed and yet you want a free pass to be able to skip to work on this part of the legendary requirement?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I don’t like doing dungeons, why does the game force me to do dungeons to get my legendary?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

It’s funny that you all say it “forces” you.

Does the fridge force you to get a glass a milk, or are you thirsty for a glass of milk?

You do it because you want to, or you don’t, but don’t complain about something you want, but don’t want to do.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I hate WvW and haven’t even actively tried to do anything but my monthly and have tried the jumping puzzles. I have over 100 badges. This is the LEAST of my worries for legendaries. The LEAST.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I don’t like spending money, maybe they should remove the requirements of everything that costs money too.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

I think vendors should sell legendaries for 2 silver a piece. :p

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Stop crying about it badges are easy to get especially doing JP, and as stated YES you crafting a legendary means you’ve done all aspects of the game

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I wouldn’t mind getting 500 Badges of Jumping if they made them actually drop from WvW.

Y’know, like 2-3 Badges per minor objective captured and perhaps 5-10 per Keep captured.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I personally have more badges than I know what to do with. I have 1k in the bank after already buying my gift of battle and buying around 2k badges worth of siege.

Around 6k WvW kills for reference.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aciel.6512

Aciel.6512

if u do pvping in wvw, slowlying getting 1-2 badges each time. it will probably take 1month or so at least… but if u got 5 x lvl 80s.. u can get 500 badges in approx 1 week. since on average each char will net u approx 16 badge per day by just doing EB puzzle only.(5 × 15 = 80), 80 × 7 approx 560.. clovers are counted ez already, as compared to stuff lke charged lodestones (4g pp now), as well as precursor. i m currently farming for my second legendary sunrise, i have clovers etc, except majority the charged lodestones and the precursor.. so i don think that badges are ur concern.. unless u have everything else. its probably one of the easiest components if u do JP everyday, just do the JP everyday, u probably get it in 1month if u only got 1 x lvl 80. by then, i still think u would not have enough for the materials, imo.

first legendary – dreamer 594hours (aciell,ranger)
2nd legendary – Sunrise 1330hours (leina proudmoore, Guardian)
3rd legendary – twilight in progress

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

its probably one of the easiest components if u do JP everyday, just do the JP everyday, u probably get it in 1month if u only got 1 x lvl 80. by then, i still think u would not have enough for the materials, imo.

No-one else sees something wrong here?

Badges of Jumping

Gift of Jumping

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?