Buying easier (cheaper) than Crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: cdunning.6815

cdunning.6815

So I was going to craft myself The Crossing but I had an epiphany. It is easier to buy the thing. I could spend 100’s of gold in crafting materials or grind for the crystal lodestones (which don’t drop) for eternity, not to mention lodestones for the sigils of night. It’s sad because I really want to satisfaction of crafting the crossing but it’s just not worth it. It’s crazy because no one is using their candy corn or halloween mats – they are worthless because the other mats for crafting are to rare or expensive. Hmmm, something about this just seems unbalanced to me. I’m not complaining, just an observation.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Inb4 you’re attacked ad hominem for daring to point out the fact there is no craftables that sustain in terms of demand

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I think it’s the weapon design… It’s not very..universal. Actually, I only see it working for a necro. Cause the skin screams “i play with dead things”. Can you picture yourself shooting pink butterflies out of dangling bones? I know I can’t see that as good looking…

in Crafting

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

You don’t even have to be talking about legendary weapons to be right.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daulnay.4971

Daulnay.4971

Inb4 you’re attacked ad hominem for daring to point out the fact there is no craftables that sustain in terms of demand

That isn’t a problem with the game design, it’s a characteristic of a market economy. In an efficient, competitive market economy, supply rises to meet demand so much that there is no extra profit in the activity (only enough to sustain the current level of production).

A market economy is dynamic, and you will not be able to find one thing that you can consistently make and profit on. If you can, the market isn’t functioning properly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

That isn’t a problem with the game design, it’s a characteristic of a market economy. In an efficient, competitive market economy, supply rises to meet demand so much that there is no extra profit in the activity (only enough to sustain the current level of production).

A market economy is dynamic, and you will not be able to find one thing that you can consistently make and profit on. If you can, the market isn’t functioning properly.

And that is why player driven economies are not desireable.

NPC driven economies would be far superior.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

And that is why player driven economies are not desireable.

NPC driven economies would be far superior.

Not really. Player driven economy means every useful item in the game must come from players. GW2 doesn’t have that, quite the opposite. EvE Market is fully player-driven and it works just fine, but there you have an entire economy simulated, not just the market part, and the player base is more mature and understands that time invested also has value, so the “I farmed those mats myself so they are free!” philosophy doesn’t really impact the prices that much.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Plus, there is no real item loss/degradation in the game. That alone guarantees eventual saturation of the market and prices driven into the ground.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken