Chaos of Lyssa

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Q:

So how hard is it to get the drop? Or is it acquired through certain means such as Crown Pavilion? Or PvP reward track? Or is it as useless as grinding through bosses and mobs in hopes to get something semi worth while?
Oh wait im sorry, what I should say is “Am I and many others going to be wasting time in the Pavilion in hopes to attain the Chaos of Lyssa back item that is 100 times more rare of a drop (it seems so far) than Dwayna or Grenth for no apparent reason other than to annoy people.”
I think I wouldn’t be as irritated if there was at least a path on how to get it, and not random hopes similar to precursor hunting.
Any ideas?

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It seems to be about as rare as a precursor and restricted for only a certain type of player. The price on the TP reflects that.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

“Am I and many others going to be wasting time in the Pavilion in hopes to attain the Chaos of Lyssa back item that is 100 times more rare of a drop (it seems so far) than Dwayna or Grenth for no apparent reason other than to annoy people.”

Working as intended.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

The recipe supposedly drops from the gauntlet chances, but some people have opened thousands of them and not seen it.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

The only way to get it is by those gauntlet chance bags. It’s known that the current drop rate is unintended and Anet stated they were going to take a look at it and adjust it.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The only way to get it is by those gauntlet chance bags. It’s known that the current drop rate is unintended and Anet stated they were going to take a look at it and adjust it.

No, it is not known that it is unintended or that it will be adjusted. Anet only said that they will look at it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

So what you are saying is, i should hold onto my bags and then sell as quickly as I can once they fix it?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

SnowHawk.3615

Hopefully it’s just so expensive because it’s new- just like the Grenth and Dwayna were at first.
I don’t see why they make some backpieces rare and 1 PvP related- I mean, I do get why the Balthazar one is PvP related but – still. It doesn’t make exact sense to me for the rest why would 1 be more rare then 2 other ascended?

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

‘working as intended’

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Why is this backpiece so popular?

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Because it is unobtainable.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’d be the perfect backpiece for my Human Female Mesmer. But yeah, I imagine there’s a lot of interest in it due to the fact that its rarity means it’s become a status symbol of wealth. If ANet made it drop more often, you can bet interest in it would go way down.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Because it is unobtainable.

hahaha ok..not my motivation but understandable

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

SnowHawk.3615

I almost want to farm for it- but in any case.. it’s so frustrating- thanks anet
Why make 3 other ‘god’ related back pieces pretty easy to get if you farm for them- and this one yeah same concept to farm for but – like what makes it better? sigh* just another Anet let down

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

silvermember.8941

I almost want to farm for it- but in any case.. it’s so frustrating- thanks anet
Why make 3 other ‘god’ related back pieces pretty easy to get if you farm for them- and this one yeah same concept to farm for but – like what makes it better? sigh* just another Anet let down

Becasue not every body should have everything. I wish the game stop doing this whole everybody wins kitten for skins. I say make it rarer so that only the lucky few and get it.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

Posted by: acruz.6013

acruz.6013

Problem is it has nothing to do with luck. The only ones that will have it are the trade post flippers or people with deep pockets that convert gems to gold. I know if I’m lucky enough to have one drop I’m going to instantly sell it. If they were going to make it so rare make it account bound.

Chaos of Lyssa

in Crafting

silvermember.8941

Problem is it has nothing to do with luck. The only ones that will have it are the trade post flippers or people with deep pockets that convert gems to gold. I know if I’m lucky enough to have one drop I’m going to instantly sell it. If they were going to make it so rare make it account bound.

Yes, luck is really the only way to make this truly rare. “skill”, which I think is nonexistent in any game because as long as you don’t give up, you will get succeed. Worst case someone more “skilled” than you finds a way to beat the system letting the unskilled get it.

Also the reason why you sell is because you have deemed the skin to not be worth the potential money you can make. That is what I call a personal problem.