Crystalline Dust is TOO rare

in Crafting

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

its just getting way too hard to get this anymore, and the prices on the blacklion are showing.

if any developers read this, please update the legendary minstrel please. it needs at least as many notes as the immobulus. for a legendary its very plain.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

And Powerful Bloods are worth more than ectos right now, big deal. Nothing changed, there’s just currently more demand then there is supply.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

You can always craft them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Actually the supply is fine.

it’s the demand that is driving up the price

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

erigais.6805

And Powerful Bloods are worth more than ectos right now, big deal. Nothing changed, there’s just currently more demand then there is supply.

actually they recently changed the drop rate in orr.

they are used in more things then powerful bloods, and almsot as many as ectos. for a transmutation item they sure are hard to come by. i understand you guys would be sad if you couldnt gouge the market with all the crystalline dust you bought cheap but there is really no place where can farm them like you can blood or even totems. i think i can get more ectos a day than dusts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

actually they recently changed the drop rate in orr.

they are used in more things then powerful bloods, and almsot as many as ectos. for a transmutation item they sure are hard to come by. i understand you guys would be sad if you couldnt gouge the market with all the crystalline dust you bought cheap but there is really no place where can farm them like you can blood or even totems. i think i can get more ectos a day than dusts.

I don’t play the TP, but nice assumption. The dusts I get from bags and mobs do net a nice profit now though.

in Crafting

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

http://www.guildwarstrade.com/item/24277
Click on All. Demand has remained constant but supply has dropped dramatically.

in Crafting

erigais.6805

they wont listen. they are just too hard headed, even with patches changing drop rates on dust and info like this. thankyou for the link. a-net give us a reliable way to farm dust please it is the hardest tier 6 mat to get!

in Crafting

Vol.5241

listed demand/supply =/= actual demand/supply

you’re forgetting about all the dust that was bought and never show up on the list

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

erigais.6805

listed demand/supply =/= actual demand/supply

you’re forgetting about all the dust that was bought and never show up on the list

so your saying demand and supply is not equal to demand and supply.

yes thats the actual demand and supply as shown by the trading post i.e. where the supply is being sold.

in Crafting

Posted by: Muhlum.7348

Muhlum.7348

Dust available on the TP last night was < 700. I’d say thats getting pretty rare.

80 Guardian
80 Engineer
[Lost] – Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

i doubt they will increase dust drop rates.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Buy orders filled does not add numbers to the actual supply figure.

Crystalline Dust is hands down the most used material in GW2. It has so many recipes where you neee large quantities of it.

Thats why its expensive.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The demand has only changed marginally with the addition of the ascended Triforge Amulet. The supply is the problem, because you can no longer reliably get them from Orrians, and now their drop percent is competing with other T5 and T6 materials. Their supply needs to be drastically increased, or maybe of the most important recipes in the game become utterly unusable.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

So I take it this wasn’t fixed in today’s patch?

in Crafting

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

My Legendary needs 250 of these, twice ie 500! Same with ectos. Why are the same ingredients repeated for different Gifts for the same weapon?

Doesn’t make any sense. Either increase supply or specify another ingredient.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Llidrian.2068

Llidrian.2068

This is all very disheartening.

I’ve been working on the Bifrost now since October and, I hate to say it, but it’s starting to get to that point where it’s feeling like the biggest grind fest ever. I mean, I need 750 of the dusts for the various gifts, not to mention the 250 unidentified dyes also required for this item.

If I’m reading that graph correctly, since the beginning of the year the price for crystalline dust has increased by ~26 silver a piece, but everything else we do costs more money, or Anet makes it more difficult to reliably obtain resources to trade for other resources.

Is this really what you want, Anet? For people to be scrimping and saving absolutely every little bit they can get just to inch their way closer to a goal?

Six months now, and that’s with my guild sending me what resources they can spare. You say you want people to play the game how they want, but it’s starting to feel like the only way I’m going to be able to achieve this is to go park myself in Orr and grind and grind and grind.

Not funsies

in Crafting

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

It’s not rare, supply and demand have been driving up the price.

When I made my Bifrost (which requires 750 of them) a few months back, I bought them for a measly 3s each. The demand for them at the time was much lower, compared to what it is today.

How long before we start seeing manipulation conspiracy threads?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

It’s not rare, supply and demand have been driving up the price.

When I made my Bifrost (which requires 750 of them) a few months back, I bought them for a measly 3s each. The demand for them at the time was much lower, compared to what it is today.

How long before we start seeing manipulation conspiracy threads?

Did you read the thread or just skim. Demand has only marginally changed. The massive drop in supply is what changed .

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I can farm for an hour in cursed shore; open 80 bags and not get a single crystalline dust. Demand? Yeah right.

The drop rate was deliberately lowered substantially.

Arenanet is trying to find ways to get us to buy gems. Either they’re greedy or desperate for revenue. Sooner or later this is going to backfire in their faces.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tribune.3782

Tribune.3782

Opened 250 heavy moldy bags yesterday – no dust. Farmed Event-chains in Orr – no dust. Opened more bags… no dust.

in Crafting

Vol.5241

This is all very disheartening.

I’ve been working on the Bifrost now since October and, I hate to say it, but it’s starting to get to that point where it’s feeling like the biggest grind fest ever. I mean, I need 750 of the dusts for the various gifts, not to mention the 250 unidentified dyes also required for this item.

If I’m reading that graph correctly, since the beginning of the year the price for crystalline dust has increased by ~26 silver a piece, but everything else we do costs more money, or Anet makes it more difficult to reliably obtain resources to trade for other resources.

Is this really what you want, Anet? For people to be scrimping and saving absolutely every little bit they can get just to inch their way closer to a goal?

Six months now, and that’s with my guild sending me what resources they can spare. You say you want people to play the game how they want, but it’s starting to feel like the only way I’m going to be able to achieve this is to go park myself in Orr and grind and grind and grind.

Not funsies

You’re going for Bifrost and complaining? At least you don’t need expensive lodestones.

[Permabanned on Forums]

(edited by Vol.5241)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

The spiders in orr have a decent enough drop rate for the crystaline dust if I belive correctly.

in Crafting

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

hmm…i’ll be selling mine then this is something i’ve been stock piling these just in case i ever wanted them ill check how many i have but if you want to come to some sort of agreement i could sell you mine.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

hmm…i’ll be selling mine then this is something i’ve been stock piling these just in case i ever wanted them ill check how many i have but if you want to come to some sort of agreement i could sell you mine.

The trading post is that-a-way. →

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Llidrian.2068

You’re going for Bifrost and complaining? At least you don’t need expensive lodestones.

750 Crystalline dust @29s / piece = 217 gold & 50 silver.

In my opinion, spending almost a 3rd of the cost for the precursor (The Legend trades around 660-670 gold nowadays) on dust alone is…well…

Point me at a dungeon where there’s a reliable chance that at least someone in the party will get a few dusts and I’ll be on it, no problem; I’ll go run that dungeon a good few times.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Actually, 1 crystalline dust now sells for more than 1 rare weapon or armor. And certainly more than 1 ecto.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

With my glass cannon smashing spiders with 80% mf in total inside temple of grenth i alone got 4of them in 50min(not inluding the ones that dropped from bags).

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

in Crafting

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

They drop from heavy mining bags too,which is why I like that dredge fractal!

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Running the Penitent/Shelter’s/Jofast camps in CS is netting me about 5-10 per hour.

Almost certainly not the fastest way to get them, but it doesn’t feel any slower than it was ~2 weeks after release when I reached Orr. These conspiracy theories are getting rather old.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Lily Miranda.5407

Maybe I’m really unlucky but I do pen/shel and plinx every day and have never had one drop, and get maybe one per 100 moldy bags. If I could get 5/hour I’d be happy but that’s just not my experience.

in Crafting

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

First week of January, they were 4S 65C. Right now they are 28S 69C.

There is a problem and it is supply.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

maybe farm the lower T then upgrade? you do know that option is available right? thats how i’m getting my “too rare” materials

What is the approximate ratio you are getting from the upgrade? I knew about the upgrade but it seems quite expensive since you have to put in 250 T5 to get ??? T6 mats. Just curious what you are seeing.
I had heard it was around 5-6 T6 per upgrade.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Crafting

Lily Miranda.5407

It may be different now, but the last time I checked, upgrading t5 to t6 dust was NOT profitable.

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I have a stack and a half of dust all before the drop rate went away and i didn’t farm it at all. Now it rarely drops, no conspiracy here, just basic fact.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

Only thing keeping me and my beautiful Bifrost apart is about 600 more Crystalline Dust. But immagetchu Bifrost, even if I have to buy the dust on the TP for 170g.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

First week of January, they were 4S 65C. Right now they are 28S 69C.

There is a problem and it is supply.

this

I think i got only one crystalline dust from bag in the last two months…
i used to get much much more in the past.

in Crafting

Posted by: hurkit.1098

hurkit.1098

Since seeing this thread I have noticed more dust drops in Orr.

in Crafting

Llidrian.2068

Yeah, I decided enough of this – dungeon farming and buying someone else’s patience to farm the dust for me is far more enjoyable for gameplay.

With a gilded infusion it’s not going too badly – I might even be finished with it by the end of the week!

Woo!

in Crafting

Lily Miranda.5407

Dust has dropped from 32s to 25s. Let’s hope this trend continues.

in Crafting

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I broke down and bought a stack…. now i need another stack.. to complete something else— omg soooo much crap to collect… I do think it’s rare ive been in Orr a week and farmed there since well, arriving- and Ive gotten a total of 10 crystalline dusts… and this is from gathering the large bags and all that good mess. SO i just plan on getting enough gold to buy the stacks of whatever I need.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

While the margins are not very good for resale, it is definitely worthwhile to upgrade your own dust if you have the skill points. You net about 20 Crystalline Dust per transmute, which gives you a 90s profit after upgrading a 250 T5 stack – more than worth the 3.5 skill points the transmute takes.