Depressed crafting weapons? Wait for armor.

in Crafting

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I agree with this calculations. Stockpile, anyone?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

So WvW already being imbalanced is a good reason for not needing to get 10% more stats when they are available how?

WvW isn’t imbalanced because of stats, nor will an increase in stats favour a specific server so …

Actually a higher weapon tier does favour raw damage over condition damage. Weapon strength increase also counts.

Not imbalanced because of stats and it won’t favor a server? You seen what bloodlust does to a GvG? Ok… now take that and apply it to an entire server. Stats matter regardless if you solo roam most of the time (like me) or do large zerg clashes. Upleveled players are far worse off even if they have their main utilities/traits… because of stats… It’ll get even more noticeable when ascended armor in as well.

Where in my post was bloodlust or gvg? plz stop talking to yourself.

They were examples of how stats do matter. Sorry if that was too complex for you to follow. Please learn how the addition of stats apply in one situation matters and apply the same logic in another situations.

It’s also not good for your case when you’re just dismissive. It just shows that you feel one way regardless of any other counter points.

I agree with this calculations. Stockpile, anyone?

I highly encourage everyone to do this. Unless something happens to increase the supply the cloth market should spike more than the metal/wood markets did.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So WvW already being imbalanced is a good reason for not needing to get 10% more stats when they are available how?

WvW isn’t imbalanced because of stats, nor will an increase in stats favour a specific server so …

Actually a higher weapon tier does favour raw damage over condition damage. Weapon strength increase also counts.

Not imbalanced because of stats and it won’t favor a server? You seen what bloodlust does to a GvG? Ok… now take that and apply it to an entire server. Stats matter regardless if you solo roam most of the time (like me) or do large zerg clashes. Upleveled players are far worse off even if they have their main utilities/traits… because of stats… It’ll get even more noticeable when ascended armor in as well.

They were examples of how stats do matter. Sorry if that was too complex for you to follow. Please learn how the addition of stats apply in one situation matters and apply the same logic in another situations.

It’s also not good for your case when you’re just dismissive. It just shows that you feel one way regardless of any other counter points.

Again, read my post. L2Read

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Again, read my post. L2Read

Maybe with your reading skills you can’t find it again, so here

…and I presented a counter situation where stats obviously do matter and make a difference in WvW…which you haven’t rebutted ( just take the difference in those situations and apply it to WvW as a whole). Stating the same thing again doesn’t help you if some one has presented a counter point.

Is this your first debate?

I’ll just ignore your posts until you can come up with a counter-counter point and save myself some time.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

“Actually a higher weapon tier does favour raw damage over condition damage. Weapon strength increase also counts.”

Please, PLEASE, point to where I said anything about ‘stats balanced, bloodlust so guuuuuuud’

You’re clearly trying to reply to what I replied to, you’re even repeating obtena word for word. The fact that you keep digging this hole…

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

So I quote you and agree and you give me crap making it seem like you disagree with me all of a sudden? I just presumed you flip-flopped. But no… you’re actually just being a jerk to some one who agreed with you? What is this… I don’t even…

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i so looove what they did with weapons and i cant wait for armors – oh and i have 13 lvl 80s
finaly something usefull ingame we can work for

i dont understand this whining bout some mats when ppl farmed last year 24/7 mats for “JUST” skins
thats the game folks

and for the jewellery discussion

i hope arenanet add to jewell crafter infusions AND some rng upgrade to make higher infusions like in all other “GOOD” Games in last 20 years^^

i talk bout craft +3 power +3 agony

and you can throw 3x same infusion in mysticforge to get 1 higher infusion with a lil chance like 25%

would be so nice

edit: oh and i forgot – this infusions should not be soul or accountbound – this would finaly bring a market for crafter

AND it would remove tons craftingmats from game – cause everyone loves gambling and will trie to get a +15 infusion (ignoring how much mats it cost AND it can fail^^)

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

and for the jewellery discussion

i hope arenanet add to jewell crafter infusions AND some rng upgrade to make higher infusions like in all other “GOOD” Games in last 20 years^^

i talk bout craft +3 power +3 agony

and you can throw 3x same infusion in mysticforge to get 1 higher infusion with a lil chance like 25%

would be so nice

I suddenly had a horrid premonition. What if infusions were added to cooking instead…

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I believe the driving force behind these ascended tier recipes…

I have the feeling the Anet economist is trying to clear out the huge stocks of mats that are stored on the trading post, stuff that nobody needed until now.

Wrong, he ignored copper ore, silver ore, thin leather section!!!!! (the higher section are necessary but this isn’t? stupid, this should have drained the super supply).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Crafting

Romek.4201

dont know when it would fit cooking – but can be
atleast it would be nice to have a system like this for infusions

and to bring some ideas for cooking too^^

*how about craft temp finishers from finishers already ingame?
- 15-30 min duration

*or some mastery potions to craft food with longer durations
drink the potion and everything you craft in next hour has double duration
(can be more steps 1-5x duration potions)

*potion to remove dyes from character and make it accountbound

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Not imbalanced because of stats and it won’t favor a server? You seen what bloodlust does to a GvG?

No, but I see alot of QQ clouding people’s judgement here. Whatever you think bloodlust does to a GvG isn’t a reason to prevent another tier of gear from be released.

The bottomline is that this has no bias towards specific players so it’s not an unbalancing factor.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

it’s meant to be something to work for. Hopefully it takes 2-3 months to craft a full set.

This is where I am beginning to sour toward this content grind. I don’t play video games to Work I already work in real life, when I log into GW2 I want to spend that time playing the game.

Total up how many hours you spend in GW2 doing tedious content (aka working) and put a $/hour value on it. It’s scary to think how much time/money is lost on grind.

Lets say all you want to do is WvW or run dungeons, to get the most out of it and enjoy it you need to slog your way through 80 levels, then farm countless hours of gold and materials to gear up. It may be fun the first time, but after 5 characters, I’ve had enough. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my spare time to be spent doing things I don’t enjoy to reach a point where I can enjoy the game. Ascended trinkets were the beginning of the end for me, yet I still play, weapons arrived and I still reluctantly tow the line, 6 pieces of armour and I dare say I will be moving on to another title, Life is too short to waste 3000 hours working towards something you are supposed to enjoy.

in Crafting

Romek.4201

Elthurien you simply play the wrong genre than

MMORPG´s was like this since beginning and even first rpg games 25 years ago you needed time for lvling or crafting or whatever

you should trie some single player games or shooters

seriously

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think you need to read all the posts about the bloodlust bonuses… it’s just stats.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I believe the driving force behind these ascended tier recipes…

I have the feeling the Anet economist is trying to clear out the huge stocks of mats that are stored on the trading post, stuff that nobody needed until now.

Wrong, he ignored copper ore, silver ore, thin leather section!!!!! (the higher section are necessary but this isn’t? stupid, this should have drained the super supply).

They aren’t done releasing all ascended just yet. I think eventually all materials will be used in some way. Maybe t1 will go into infusions or consumables.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

MMORPG´s was like this since beginning and even first rpg games 25 years ago you needed time for lvling or crafting or whatever

seriously

This was supposed to be “the MMORPG for people who don’t like MMORPGs”.

There’s a lot more difference between an MMORPG and single player RPGs or shooters than time-consuming progression.

Not to mention, you’re using a false dichotomy here. Months of casual play (or weeks of targeted farming) or no-progression shooter aren’t the only two options. As an average player (too much time to stricty be casual, too little to be hardcore), it took me several weeks after hitting 80 to get my characters into full exotics. That’s not too bad. There were also several avenues to get to exotics, so I could play what I wanted and get there.

If I want ascended weapons (and presumably armor), I’m required to spread my game play out among several areas of the game, rather than just the thing(s) I enjoy doing.

It’s silly to say you can get the mats by just playing like normal. Getting the orichalcum and wood requires being in one of three endgame zones, and it will take an extremely long time to gather the hundreds of mats required to level 400 to 500 unless you are specifically hunting the nodes. The alternative is earning a couple hundred gold to pay for them off of the TP. Neither of these things happens “just playing the game” unless you happen to really like Orr, or are willing to wait months before you are maxed in one craft. All the while, your inventory is getting cluttered with mats you can’t refine until you hit 450, or you are throwing them away.

Yes, they gave us some variety in obtaining dragonite, empyreal, and bloodstone. Still, they target specific areas of the game, and unless you want to wait an extremely long time to get your ascended weapons, you’re going to need to intentionally hit those specific areas. If you immerse yourself in the world, casually exploring, how often do you happen to be in the area of a world boss when it pops? How frequently are you doing jumping puzzles if you just do them when you run across them?

I tend to avoid farming, but I’ve dabbled in a little here and there to find out. Yes, if you spend some time hopping world bosses, park your alts at the end of a good-paying jumping puzzle, do a little champ farming, these mats add up pretty quickly. As far as I can tell, however, the assertion that these things will accumulate in any sort of reasonable time “just playing the game” only works if your idea of “just playing the game” is running events in Orr and porting to bosses when they pop.

The worst part, by far, however, is getting from 400 to 500 in the craft.

TL;DR It’s a false dichotomy to say grind or shooter. There can be middle ground, as shown by leveling and exotic acquisition.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

in Crafting

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

seriously

I’m playing (or working more often than not) the game that was advertised. I was completely satisfied with what the game offered when Exotic was the gear cap and Legendaries were the final long term goal. I’m no stranger to MMOs or RPGs in general, I’ve played RPGs starting from Pen and Paper Roleplaying games right through to the current generation MMOs, so telling me that MMOs are not for me is just kitten absurd. MMOs were like this at the beginning, but Guild Wars 2 was marketed as a deviation from the norm. As we progress and new content is added, it is no longer the game it was advertised to be, but just another MMORPG with the same gear grind, except in this case the grind is much higher than most MMORPGs.

For the record, I already play shooters AND single player games, AND I do adhoc testing for singleplayer games and MMOs. If I wanted to work, I expect to get payed for working, when I want to play a game, I expect to be able to PLAY the game, not waste 2-3 hours a day farming, doing daily transmutations, daily achievements before I even get a chance to get out into WvW and PLAY the game.

If you like working, get a kitten job. Stop introducing work into games.

I would gladly pay Arenanet $100 to have an account full of level 80s of each class in maximum gear that upgrades with each new tier just so I can play the game instead of grinding through countless hours of bullkitten for the opportunity.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And now I’ve seen the new armor skins.

They are on the whole, in my personal opinion, ugly. I don’t see nearly enough effort being put into using the 4 color regions (the latest gemstore sets did that so much better, makes you wonder, huh?)

Nothing in the heavy armor represented a desirable change over what I have access to already.

I can see using the medium boots. The medium pants are interesting but because of their bloody OBSSESSION with having the chest item cover the legs no cares what medium leg skins look like.

The Light gloves were alright and the legs were an alternative to the vigil light legs in the same theme.

ANET – YOU ARE ON A ONE-YEAR MORATORIUM FOR MEDIUM ARMOR CHEST SKINS THAT EXTEND BELOW THE BELT. JUST KITTEN STOP. REALLY, JUST STOP.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Oh they are all ugly imo. For something that’s going to be a heavy investment… big big letdown. There are even people saying it’s a plot to make us go buy more transmute stones lol. But yea, they need to stop with that stuff on leather.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Umh. Where have you seen the new armor skins, please?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Have Anet definitively said that Ascended armor is also going to be crafted only, or crafted at all?

in Crafting

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

> Umh. Where have you seen the new armor skins, please?

Codes and various screenshots can be seen here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1njf9o/new_ascended_armor/

in Crafting

Posted by: HAWTERTHAN.7523

HAWTERTHAN.7523

So wait, I need to put down hundreds of gold for 10% more stats?
Which would result in a 10% stat increase across the board?

Umm… like, can’t I just pop a food/wrench item and get pretty much the same effect, for a few silvers?

Afaik, full ascended trinkets only made you 0.5% more efficient in a full zerk build. So with weapon and armor, we might approach a 5% (plus minus one percent) higher efficiency with full ascended?

Hawter

(edited by HAWTERTHAN.7523)

in Crafting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Afaik, full ascended trinkets only made you 0.5% more efficient in a full zerk build. So with weapon and armor, we might approach a 5% (or less) higher efficiency with full ascended?

Ascended trinkets give more than 0.5%, especially with berserker’s gear. Comparing full exotic to full ascended, the different in stats is about 6% but your weapon damage and armour is also increased by similar percentage. Ergo, it’s more than 6%.

in Crafting

HAWTERTHAN.7523

Afaik, full ascended trinkets only made you 0.5% more efficient in a full zerk build. So with weapon and armor, we might approach a 5% (or less) higher efficiency with full ascended?

Ascended trinkets give more than 0.5%, especially with berserker’s gear. Comparing full exotic to full ascended, the different in stats is about 6% but your weapon damage and armour is also increased by similar percentage. Ergo, it’s more than 6%.

Oh neato. I just play pve and wear full zerk asc trinkets just because they were easy to get. But what I heard was wrong. Thanks for telling me!

Still, since you advertise a really quick lupi kill, would you say asc is needed/important for current pve, or could I ‘make do’ with food/wrench and sigils of night?

Hawter

(edited by HAWTERTHAN.7523)

in Crafting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Still, since you advertise a really quick lupi kill, would you say asc is needed/important for current pve, or could I ‘make do’ with food/wrench and sigils of night?

It was never needed but it helps, weapons especially since they are the biggest gap factor (more than 6% for non condition builds). Full armour will just give about 3% additional damage reduction (depends on the profession) with base 916 toughness. Ascended to exotics are almost like exotics to rares divided by two. So you could say someone with full exotics is like half exotics, half rares before november 2012.

Anyone can use food and sigils, you’re still statistically worse than the guy who was pressing 1 during temple events.

in Crafting

HAWTERTHAN.7523

It was never needed but it helps, weapons especially since they are the biggest gap factor (more than 6% for non condition builds). Full armour will just give about 3% additional damage reduction (depends on the profession) with base 916 toughness. Ascended to exotics are almost like exotics to rares divided by two. So you could say someone with full exotics is like half exotics, half rares before november 2012.

Anyone can use food and sigils, you’re still statistically worse than the guy who was pressing 1 during temple events.

Welp that blows. I guess I’ll make a weapon or two eventually, but I’m not really going to bother with armor, for now.

Hawter

in Crafting

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Funny part: nobody has done the math for ascended jewelry which is coming too.

I know the reason I haven’t done the math for ascended jewelry is that I have no intention of crafting any.

I think part of the reason people are complaining about the ascended weapons and the anticipated process for ascended armors is that (in comparison) the ascended jewelry is absurdly easy to get.

in Crafting

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

The big issue here for me is the acquisition of cloths. Metals, woods and leathers can all be farmed from nodes/mobs fairly reliably. You can “Target-farm” those materials by tier, depending on what you need. Cloth cannot be targeted in that way. The only way to target-farm a particular cloth type is from tiered bags, and that kind of farming will result in a glut of everything else that bag drops. Cloth prices will be going up, while everything else plummets.

I don’t know what the work-around for this will be, but there needs to be one. I hope that ANet takes this into account when they implement the recipes. They have ALL THE DATAS to work with, so hopefully they will make appropriate decisions here.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Funny part: nobody has done the math for ascended jewelry which is coming too.

I know the reason I haven’t done the math for ascended jewelry is that I have no intention of crafting any.

I think part of the reason people are complaining about the ascended weapons and the anticipated process for ascended armors is that (in comparison) the ascended jewelry is absurdly easy to get.

My guess would be that 500 Jeweling will provide you with infusions instead of trinkets. While i have enough ascended Trinkets, i still havent put infusions on my weapons yet.

I havent done the math exactly put stocked up nontheless on Crystals, Orbs and Exquisite jewels as well as Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

it’s meant to be something to work for. Hopefully it takes 2-3 months to craft a full set.

This is where I am beginning to sour toward this content grind. I don’t play video games to Work I already work in real life, when I log into GW2 I want to spend that time playing the game.

Total up how many hours you spend in GW2 doing tedious content (aka working) and put a $/hour value on it. It’s scary to think how much time/money is lost on grind.

Lets say all you want to do is WvW or run dungeons, to get the most out of it and enjoy it you need to slog your way through 80 levels, then farm countless hours of gold and materials to gear up. It may be fun the first time, but after 5 characters, I’ve had enough. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my spare time to be spent doing things I don’t enjoy to reach a point where I can enjoy the game. Ascended trinkets were the beginning of the end for me, yet I still play, weapons arrived and I still reluctantly tow the line, 6 pieces of armour and I dare say I will be moving on to another title, Life is too short to waste 3000 hours working towards something you are supposed to enjoy.

Then do not get it? No one is forcing you to get them in any way. If you feel that you were forced/burdened because others are getting it, then it’s your problem. If your idea of ‘enjoying’ game is to get all the things that you want without hard work, this game will never sate you.

The idea behind Ascended was to bridge the gap between Exotic and Legendary. Exotic was quite scarce in the past, but sadly becoming way too common afterwards. If Ascended were so easy/accessible that almost everyone can get it, then what will people ask for next? In the end, what will happen?

Power creep.

Sometimes I wonder why it is so hard for some people to grasp this.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in Crafting

Romek.4201

low lvl cloth you can “target” farm

for Cotton:
go with your 80 to harathi hinterlands and make the event chain to Ulgoth – when he is dead go back and complete chain start 5-10 min later again
you can farm it with spamming 1^^

you get alot exp, iron ore and cotton + alot other things

for all other materials there are options too – easy ones – you just need to go out in the world and do it

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

low lvl cloth you can “target” farm

for Cotton:
go with your 80 to harathi hinterlands and make the event chain to Ulgoth – when he is dead go back and complete chain start 5-10 min later again
you can farm it with spamming 1^^

you get alot exp, iron ore and cotton + alot other things

for all other materials there are options too – easy ones – you just need to go out in the world and do it

The cloth will come from the bags they drop… and then it’ll be at a low rate. Even with the number of mobs it’s not worth your time Vs. go and doing a quick dungeon run. It would be far better to stock up now Vs. try and go gather it later.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Romek.4201

just did this event chain and it gave 46 bags – IT IS WORTH

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

And how much cloth did you get and how much time did you spend? If you read earlier in the thread there is a person that popped 7k bags and wound up with a bit under 2k cloth. On average you get aprox .28 cloth per bag. So 13ish scraps on average from doing that chain if the 46 bags are average-ish. That’s not that great : / You would need to do it twice every day just for the cotton that you need.

Compare how much you could have gotten just doing speed dung runs and converting that into cotton Vs. doing that chain twice.

If you’re happy doing it though, then by all means keep doing it. I just don’t see it being the best way to go about it. I don’t foresee enough other players choosing to do this either… especially considering they’ll be needing to farm more dragonite/frags/other stuffs.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

And how much cloth did you get and how much time did you spend? If you read earlier in the thread there is a person that popped 7k bags and wound up with a bit under 2k cloth. On average you get aprox .28 cloth per bag. So 13ish scraps on average from doing that chain if the 46 bags are average-ish. That’s not that great : / You would need to do it twice every day just for the cotton that you need.

Compare how much you could have gotten just doing speed dung runs and converting that into cotton Vs. doing that chain twice.

If you’re happy doing it though, then by all means keep doing it. I just don’t see it being the best way to go about it. I don’t foresee enough other players choosing to do this either… especially considering they’ll be needing to farm more dragonite/frags/other stuffs.

Your calculations are flawed because you have no idea which lootbags I popped.
My loot picture was from 7k bags but it was 2 different kinds of lootbags.

Some lootbags have a pretty large loot table with over 40 items, some have a loot table under 10 items.
This means that a lootbag with only 10 possible items in it, would yield way more cloth per stack than a stack of lootbags that has 40 items on its loot table.

I also didnt buy those lootbags to gain cloth, i bought them to get Silver Doubloons.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

@ Wanze That’s why I asked him how many he got… and how long the chain took. I’m just skeptical but I’m not unreasonable.

The percentage of cloth/leather seems to be pretty similar between all of those similar mobs drop bags though. The chance of getting cloth from most bags doesn’t seem to change that much depending on how many possible items are inside. It’s probably more like X% for cloth X% for leather x% for other crafting mats then the rest is split between the other more rare stuffs. I haven’t done any research on that… but that’s what I’ve seen from personal experience. There could be specific bags that don’t follow that, but I’ve used that area to level with before and it didn’t seem abnormal. I’ll go buy up like 100 and pop them… Brb

From 100 I got 26 cotton scraps. That’s in the same ballpark esp. considering the lower number of bags and possible RNG fluxuations that go with that 100. The worse part… they give t3 fine crafting mats… which are mostly just junk worth 15c-30c etc.

I also did not know that this existed for bags on the wiki (lol)…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supply_Bag/Drop_rate

I guess the numbers of what they drop could be tweaked from time to time… and some of the numbers are kinda suspect… like the person that said that they popped 2076 only got 394 cotton… and that’s really low… 19%… and that throws the rest of the numbers all out of wack for the grand total %’s.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

@ Wanze That’s why I asked him how many he got… and how long the chain took. I’m just skeptical but I’m not unreasonable.

The percentage of cloth/leather seems to be pretty similar between all of those similar mobs drop bags though. The chance of getting cloth from most bags doesn’t seem to change that much depending on how many possible items are inside. It’s probably more like X% for cloth X% for leather x% for other crafting mats then the rest is split between the other more rare stuffs. I haven’t done any research on that… but that’s what I’ve seen from personal experience. There could be specific bags that don’t follow that, but I’ve used that area to level with before and it didn’t seem abnormal. I’ll go buy up like 100 and pop them… Brb

From 100 I got 26 cotton scraps. That’s in the same ballpark esp. considering the lower number of bags and possible RNG fluxuations that go with that 100. The worse part… they give t3 fine crafting mats… which are mostly just junk worth 15c-30c etc.

I also did not know that this existed for bags on the wiki (lol)…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supply_Bag/Drop_rate

I guess the numbers of what they drop could be tweaked from time to time… and some of the numbers are kinda suspect… like the person that said that they popped 2076 only got 394 cotton… and that’s really low… 19%… and that throws the rest of the numbers all out of wack for the grand total %’s.

I just opened 2.5k supply bags, got 990 cotton.

The sample sizes of the drop rates on the wiki are very small, especially for lower tier bags.

I opened over 100k containers (loot bags) in the last 2 months and keep spreadsheets that calculate profit margins based on my prior droprates and current prices of the loot tables.

Some descriptions of the various containers on the wiki even have an incorrect loot table.

Also keep in mind that the drop rates on the wiki only states how much supply bags had cotton in them, not how much cotton scraps were received. That number is naturally higher because supply bags give 1-3 cotton.

So the guy who opened 2k bags and got cotton out of 396 of them could end up with 396-1188 scraps in the end.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Dear god, how do you not get carpel?

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Romek.4201

OH MAN

i just answered to the “80ers cant farm cloth or leather” “there are no clot or leather nodes” and all this stuff

it need not longer to “target” farm cloth or leather than it would need same amount ores or woods

noone said something bout efficience

i make much more gold per hour in auctionshouse than i would run dungeons or farm ori or whatever – but thats not the point

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

OH MAN

i just answered to the “80ers cant farm cloth or leather” “there are no clot or leather nodes” and all this stuff

it need not longer to “target” farm cloth or leather than it would need same amount ores or woods

noone said something bout efficience

i make much more gold per hour in auctionshouse than i would run dungeons or farm ori or whatever – but thats not the point

Ummm… I guess I misinterpreted that then?

How long did that chain take you?

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Romek.4201

dont know – maby 20-30 min?

its like 4-5 "farm"events and Ulgoth (worldboss) at the end
and you get 1 lvl/skillpoint) per chain + bags + alot lvl 40 items to salvage

guess its best to park a twink lvl 35+ there and do it 1-2x per day – good way to lvl to 80 and alot craftingmats you need to do the daily crafts (its leather + cloth + wood + ores)

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Good luck farming these materials, as you will mostly get high level materials with a level 80 character.
So most of the time you will get Gossamer and Silk, the lower level mats are basically unfarmable.

This is what I fear it will look like.

I believe the driving force behind these ascended tier recipes and methods of attaining all the other ascended items is to require high levels to communicate with lower levels as a method of keeping lower level zones active, which is healthy for the game as a whole, its also a method of wealth distribution since low level characters don’t typically farm dungeons or have access to as many lucrative world events.

I think this thread went a bit off topic in the end, so i started reading the OP again and the next couple of posts to get on topic again.

I think what Solo said has alot of truth in it, yet it is something being overlooked by most of the posters here, me, until now included.

I think the main reason for it is, that most of the people posting in this thread are veteran players and not new players, that just started leveling their first character.

Personally, i only leveled my main to lvl 80 doing solo pve and that was over 1 year ago. I have 2 more lvl 80 characters but i only leveled them with crafting and i only use them for crafting and storage, not for pve or pvp.

So i dont really have a good idea, how it looks like now in the low and mid level zones compared to last year, when they were heavily populated.

Colin stated in his outlook on the 2nd half of 2013 that one of their goals was to give lvl 80 characters reasons to go into those zones again so new solo players dont have to level in deserted zones. Retrospectively i think they have done a great job with it.

Most of the time, when lvl 80ies are in low level zones, they are there for different reasons than the new players that level their first character.

They are either farming World Bosses, Champs ins Queensdale, Aetherblade Invasions or are farming iron and soft wood because they are more valuable and more abundant now, while doing a daily or two along the way.

All this results in more populated zones and caters some way or the other to end game and new players alike.

Apart from general gameplay and entertaining content the economy (rewards) are a big incentive for end gamers to visit those maps.

You can also divide most of those people that contributed to this topic (and many other topics on the Crafting and BLTC forum) into 2 sides:

One side is complaining about the astronomical costs of ascended crafting and lower tier mats and one side that made lots of money out of it.

I most certainly belong to the latter section, even though i probably divide my time devoted to GW2 by a 1/3 each in PvE, WvW and playing the TP. From those 3 sections, at least for the last couple of months, i enjoyed playing the TP (and the economy) the most. After that, i mostly like playing WvW to actually play my character and enjoy the gameplay of this game. While PvE in general, is mostly a chore to me, farming account bound mats and items. Even though I do enjoy some of the biweekly content patches, pve is mostly content that i feel I have to do and its not really the way i want to play the game.

That being said, the Game Economist John Smith, is one of the Anet Employees that matters most to me because he is responsible for the game economy.
And looking back to the last couple of months, i think he has done a great job because he keeps me logging in every day.

If you are active on the BLTP or have and issue with the economy in general right now, i advice you to read Johns blog-post again concerning the economy with the introduction of ascended crafting and the termination of magic find from gear:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Some of what he says still holds alot of truth still, here one of the core statements:

“Economic Concerns

Each of these changes will have an impact on the game economy, resetting equilibriums and creating some unfamiliar market forces—which is why we thought we’d brief you beforehand."

Thats why i think that the current high prices in certain mid tier common crafting mats and also the high price spikes in Ancient Wood and Arichalcum Ores should have been anticipated and are working as intended.

About market speculation (sometimes mis-spelled manipulation) and making lots of money on the Trading Post:

“We have a really large and really fast economy in Guild Wars 2, so many items will find themselves back in equilibrium before you even notice something changed, while other commodities will shift and fluctuate as players adapt to the new system.
What does this mean to you, the player?
If you’re an avid Trading Post player it will be a really interesting time, watching how the markets fall back into place. "

Especially the last sentence holds true value to me. Since that statement, i made lots of gold in markets, that havent been profitable before. But to find those markets requires alot of research and knowledge of the game economy. A profitable market usually isnt very profitable for a long time (there are exceptions, though) but thats what keeps me interested in the game and its various content, to be one of the first to find a profitable market and making lots of gold off of it.

Again, some people might call that exploiting but for me, its a game mode working as intended.

in Crafting

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yeah, the way to get items in this game sucks very very hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

No matter how many people ,,Love" ascended weapon crafting majority of players dont like it or even hates it. Everyone who reads forum must see how bad feedback it had and sill has.
I am clearly decided to leave game if they will introduce armor same way they did with weapons. Simply becouse it would mean they dont care about our feedbacks. They have their ,,vision" and they want to fulfill no matter consequences.
Now the game has become just average mmo and with ascended armor crafting same like weapons it would become one of worst grind game i ever played and i played games like 9dragons years ago…
I dont want to play game where devs act like this and where i have to do unrewarding content and farm and grind for months to gear up one character. Now i hardly have time for alts it would be impossible to play even 2 characters with another ,,awesome" crafting update.
If someone likes it, enjoy it but i dont like it.

in Crafting

Romek.4201

no, you are wrong

the majority dont hate it and you can see it ingame when be in a big guild or have full friendlist …… and talk + play with the people

people who like this dont go in forum to say this

gw2 has alot whiny people and i dont know why. but you can find most on gw2guru. just go and read something there and you know what im talking bout.
for this people everything is bad and they have to tell everyone how they feel and all the world have to know it …………

…. facebook generation

forum whining means nothing – it dont represent anything

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Crafting

daros.3407

no, you are wrong

the majority dont hate it and you can see it ingame when be in a big guild or have full friendlist …… and talk + play with the people

people who like this dont go in forum to say this

gw2 has alot whiny people and i dont know why. but you can find most on gw2guru. just go and read something there and you know what im talking bout.
for this people everything is bad and they have to tell everyone how they feel and all the world have to know it …………

pfft…. facebook generation

forum whining means nothing – it dont represent anything

I am no facebook generation and that your guild enjoys is no proof that majority likes it. People in my guild (mature people) Are not satisfied with that too. And almost everyone i talked in game about it dont like it too. There may be great number of people that likes it, but there is great number of people that hates it too. And from my experience the number of people that dont like it is bigger.
Truth may be somewhere between 50%/50% and maybe not. But the number of unsatisfied people is too big to ignore.
And forum is here exactly for feedbacks from players to devs so it means a lot.
…….People telling others that they are childs or use another form are mostly childs themselves…..Sorry just another experience.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

Romek.4201

just speculation your numbers and i dont wanna waste my time to argue with you about this

BUT
“And forum is here exactly for feedbacks from players to devs so it means a lot.”

no its not

most important “Feedback” for them are the numbers ingame
- How many people already crafted to 500 and how fast.
- How many people have more than 1 Asc. Weapon
- Hows the effect on Economy
- How many use this System and how many ignore it

….. alot more

this are numbers they can work with and not the outcry from 10-15 random strangers

in Crafting

daros.3407

just speculation your numbers and i dont wanna waste my time to argue with you about this

BUT
“And forum is here exactly for feedbacks from players to devs so it means a lot.”

no its not

….. alot more

this are numbers they can work with and not the outcry from 10-15 random strangers

And then people go to forum and tell if they like it or not. That is most important feedback.