Don't change the way to obtain legendaries!

in Crafting

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

Most people aren’t asking for a change in the requirements but the change in how you acquire the precursor. RNG does not feel legendary. Tracking, say, a dragon champion or the undead corsair captain’s lost treasure in a worldwide scavenger hunt and finding the precursor seems more legendary. Charging into the deepest dungeons for the pieces to assemble the precursor is more legendary than the mystic forge

in Crafting

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

i’d like to change the current way you acquire a legendary weapon this way:

• removing legendarys from the TP. why where they even there in the first place? it confuse me.
  • the karma (or fractal relics) needed, should drastically be increased, at least 3x of 4x the current amount of karma ( or fractal relics.) but the amount of cloves should be unchanged. ( no need for more rng)
    why? because karma is super easy to come by and there isn’t really a good karma sink in the game other than legendarys ( which people cant make due to the massive amounts of gold recquired). and you get karma from playing the game ( note, dailies and a monthly from one month gives you around 300k karma alone)
  • the tokens and badges required shouldn’t be altered, however, there should be a new item ( call it “legtem” for now) which can only be bought using fractal relics , any type of dungeon tokens or badges of honor, make it a nice ratio or something.
    why? because it’s acquired from playing the game and how good you are at it meaning that a good player will make a legendary quicker then a bad player and this i think should be encouraged. mindlessly farming orr won’t give you any skills other then dealing with boredom.
  • removing precursors. yes it is a very drastic move but probably the most needed.
    why? because precursors is a good idea, in theory, it puts a limit to the amount of legendarys that are being created. but what it actually creates, is a big kitten lottery. and tbh here, i like rng. i truly do, but only “good” rng. mystic cloves are an example of a “good” rng. there is a pretty big chance i’ll get what I’m aiming for (33%) AND i can get other things that make me even more happier but that i don’t really aim for, i.e lodestones. ( this is what makes it good). but when the rng is so bad. only a few % of the players will ever get a precursor dropped and it will most likely not be the precursor they wanted in the first place so they’ll just sell it on the tp thus all that matters is g/h in order to get your precursor as fast as possible. that rng is bad for the game and for the players. as it rewards luck to much.

and some might argue that the removal of the precursor will only make other materials rise in price because people now don’t have to buy a precursor thus they can afford other materials for the legendary. thus pushing the legendary to the same price. while this is partly true, it wont push the price to where it was before the precursor removal because of the amount of karma / legtem needed and thus the legendarys will now be more like " wow i finally have enough obsidian stones/legtems to get a legendary!". rather than the current “wow, i finally have enough gold to make a legendary!”

that’s my opinion anyway. it would probably make it overall harder to get and if you want a legendary you have to work for it.

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Thank god more people are voicing this side of the argument. The weapons are LEGENDARY. what does that mean to you? I think legendary means it’s suppose to be REALLY HARD to get. People need to understand that. And for people saying they arent better and therefore should not be any harder to get. Do you realize you are playing guild wars? Not wow? This game is about skins, not stats.

Having lots of money/time/lucky drops does not equal hard to acquire, and that’s all Legendary items are currently.

How are you going to get one then? If it should NOT require money, NOT time or NOT lucky drops? Seems like you excluded the whole game

You must not have a very good imagination if you think the current system is fine. Honestly now, is your idea of legendary buying it off the market like it’s a loaf of bread? It sure as hell isn’t mine. Because that’s pretty much what it comes down to now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Thank god more people are voicing this side of the argument. The weapons are LEGENDARY. what does that mean to you? I think legendary means it’s suppose to be REALLY HARD to get. People need to understand that. And for people saying they arent better and therefore should not be any harder to get. Do you realize you are playing guild wars? Not wow? This game is about skins, not stats.

Having lots of money/time/lucky drops does not equal hard to acquire, and that’s all Legendary items are currently.

How are you going to get one then? If it should NOT require money, NOT time or NOT lucky drops? Seems like you excluded the whole game

You must not have a very good imagination if you think the current system is fine. Honestly now, is your idea of legendary buying it off the market like it’s a loaf of bread? It sure as hell isn’t mine. Because that’s pretty much what it comes down to now.

Not really. A lot of people are still crafting their legendaries. Precursors now, that does come down to a ton of gambling or buying off TP, and needs to change.

Fortunately, it’s going to take me a long time to gather stuff for the basic Gifts, so hopefully we’ll see some more adjustments to precursors while I’m working on the other parts.

I really don’t think increasing the requirements is a good idea. From this side of the process, it looks like a mountain of work, and I don’t even know how long it will take to get the karma, let alone the other mats.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

in Crafting

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

yes they should change it! their goal is to keep all players not just the hardcore! the hardcore are in the minority so tuff luck bub.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

I know what i would change.

The precursor weapon:
It would be crafted, not by a craftier, but by doing a dungeon EX: for the ax(i am going for it) you would need a common(white) ax bought off any weapon vender. you need to equip the white axe and go through HotW EM P1 to the end where you would dip the axe into something and it would change the axe to a blue level axe. then take it equipped into HotW EM P2 and do the same thing where it would turn into a green axe. once again take it into HotW EM P3 and repeat and this time it would become the precruser for the LW. no RNG needed and make others do EM

Now get rid of the 500 or 600 dungeon badges you need and change it so you need to run every SM to get a SM token. Now you have people looking for mgroups for SM and EM.

Theres more that can be cahnge to make it better but this would be a start.

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think the precursors could probably use a little drop rate tuning, other than that the rest of it is fine.