"Downturn"in economy coming?

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I get the feeling prices really surged for a while there and now people have what they want or they will hang off on paying so much. Do you think spending is going to decrease? As a sidenote, I recently sold my precursor because I just don’t think its going to get much higher. Maybe a tidy profit. Glad I don’t want a legendary! Personally for me, I have everything I want now except for the new ascended amulets so no more $$$ in the economy from me

in Crafting

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Well, from A-net’s perspective…. concurancy is rising, total daily player count is rising, so more people are entering the economy….

I haven’t seen anything to believe that there is a downturn coming that would be wide spread…. the value of luxury items continues to climb measured over time, and the value of staples has not shown any significant decline that can’t be attributed to clear external forces (Mithril is down…. in a month where 500 salvages is part of the monthly, this is not a surprise.)

So, no…. I don’t see a ‘downturn’ for the economy coming.

If you’re alluding to a price spike in precursors, that accompanied a change in the look of many legendaries, and put an increase on demand…. that bubble may have burst, but the precursor market != a market indicator.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: EnterRehab.3268

EnterRehab.3268

As of right now, the game has plenty of money sinks (AKA: Mode of money leaving the game), as well as plenty of money generating methods (AKA: mode of bringing money into the game).

Due to this, if any player decides to KEEP the money they’re obtaining, instead of spending it on [anything], then the price of items will naturally rise. Each coin in the market is worth considerably less as time goes on.

Example:

I got the Great Ram Flame Lord helmet on day 5 of release. Zomg! If the value of this item is at the highest echelon of value, but the game is only 5 days old- the value is infantismally smaller coin-wise because high amounts of gold have not yet entered the market.

Value at release: 30g.
Value Now: 3000g.

And with more players buying, more farmers profit. Farmers tend to save better; they’re usually looking to buy that expensive fancy item.

Aeilos – 80 Thief – Maguuma [TTK]

in Crafting

Posted by: xXRichiXx.3846

xXRichiXx.3846

T6 prices….. they keep getting more and more expensive T_T

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

As of right now, the game has plenty of money sinks (AKA: Mode of money leaving the game), as well as plenty of money generating methods (AKA: mode of bringing money into the game).

Due to this, if any player decides to KEEP the money they’re obtaining, instead of spending it on [anything], then the price of items will naturally rise. Each coin in the market is worth considerably less as time goes on.

Example:

I got the Great Ram Flame Lord helmet on day 5 of release. Zomg! If the value of this item is at the highest echelon of value, but the game is only 5 days old- the value is infantismally smaller coin-wise because high amounts of gold have not yet entered the market.

Value at release: 30g.
Value Now: 3000g.

And with more players buying, more farmers profit. Farmers tend to save better; they’re usually looking to buy that expensive fancy item.

That’s the problem now. This game does NOT have enough gold sinks to remove gold from the economy. The biggest one i can think of are icy runestones for those making a legendary. Otherwise, what is there really?

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Lengthy discussion of Sinks vs Faucets in game and the state of the economy:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Does-the-economy-need-more-gold-sinks/first#post1425687

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer