Final Rest, how do you get it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

Next time anyone is in Zho’qafa Catacombs, is the Eye of Zhaitan Legendary ranked?

Thanks, I was over with wondering if the name had anything to with the location of the drop, so I went by facts alone. The link provided by Screaming Cantaloupe (that it “has to come from an event, a boss and then chest”) also doesn’t disprove this theory.

To answer your question, there’s a screenshot from a Thief who solo-ed the event chain on Page 2 of this thread, you can see the Eye’s purple starburst frame, i.e. Legendary status.

Noerknhar.3826

I personally have never seen it before, so I dunno how to start it etc. Anyone?

Prior to this (and the other thread), I’m confident in saying that a large proportion of the player-base didnt know of this event, me included! Until one fateful day spent at the PvP Lockers turned into an obsession. ^.^ You can find the whole event chain here. Straits of Devastation - it is the very last event chain before the “Meta Events” section.

(edit) @Community:
I’ve gotten 4 exotics (2 named, 1 was a mob drop) in roughly a dozen or so runs with 0% MF. At least I’m getting some reward while I’m exploring/experimenting.

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

(edited by Nickczh.6341)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

I still believe that the Final Rest is from Zho Qafar, and its drop rate is exceedingly low. Going purely by facts alone: […]

In addition to this, I wanted to point out:

1. The weakest point to my theory is that Guild Wars 2 Wikipedia is user-edited. So I am unable to qualify the credibility of the statement that Legendary “[…] creatures are very rare to see, they can only be found in dungeon instances or in Ruins of Orr group events[…]”.

2. Regarding unique drops: If you were ArenaNet and you had to peg an open-world foe to drop the Final Rest, short of “Epic”-ranked, zone/world Bosses (who already have their own unique drops), what rank would you give it to? Obviously the next lower in tier, i.e. Legendary. Hence, a “specific (rare) boss” being a Legendary boss makes the most sense.

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

in Crafting

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

What’s a dungeon recipe sheet?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Dungeon-recipe-sheet-drop-list/first#post1201691
^My thread.

Crafting recipes that drop in dungeons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I still believe that the Final Rest is from Zho Qafar, and its drop rate is exceedingly low. Going purely by facts alone: […]

In addition to this, I wanted to point out:

1. The weakest point to my theory is that Guild Wars 2 Wikipedia is user-edited. So I am unable to qualify the credibility of the statement that Legendary “[…] creatures are very rare to see, they can only be found in dungeon instances or in Ruins of Orr group events[…]”.

2. Regarding unique drops: If you were ArenaNet and you had to peg an open-world foe to drop the Final Rest, short of “Epic”-ranked, zone/world Bosses (who already have their own unique drops), what rank would you give it to? Obviously the next lower in tier, i.e. Legendary. Hence, a “specific (rare) boss” being a Legendary boss makes the most sense.

Hmm that means if you ever see a Legendary outside of Orr it would be a highly suspicious target.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Next time anyone is in Zho’qafa Catacombs, is the Eye of Zhaitan Legendary ranked?

on Page 2 of this thread, you can see the Eye’s purple starburst frame, i.e. Legendary status.

Great! TY! Eye see it! Eye think the source of Orr in the personal story having to do with one of these NPCs smells of finality to me. O.o Although…. the other picture on page 2 shows it being a Glorious Chest…. hmmm. /ponder. Does the chest name matter? Should the event we seek have a unique chest name? /ponder.

Good luck hunters!

in Crafting

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

hi,
i did the Zho’qafa quest last night.. 3 champions followed by eye of zhaitan (legendary), not the easiest DE in the world if ur ina small group.

its catacombs, its a open world quest, it hasnt been farmed much and there is a massive chest at the end of it. . mark my word, it comes from this chest

in Crafting

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

@bomber
That event has been farmed, and quite a lot. The chest at the end is also a Glorious Chest, which shares the same loot table with every other Glorious Chest in the game. So not only has it been farmed, but it’s not really possible that Final Rest would drop from it in the first place.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

in Crafting

Posted by: lukemorley.8602

lukemorley.8602

Ok well i think the named chest theory is out of the window…. Tequatl drops a dragon chest (i forgot the name but its the same kittenter’s one)

….so why is this relevant…well Tequatl drops a specific item in his chest even though its not named meaning the named chests bear no relevance to the loot table its tied too.

If you didn’t know he drops shard of the deep, this is not only on the wiki but i know of someone who has looted it from him

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_the_Deep

in Crafting

lukemorley.8602

oh also PM’d so here it is…

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

@themaskedparadigm… arr i didnt realise how much it has been farmed until i had a better read of these threads.. theres also talk un-named chests such as glorious chests dont have to share the same loot table as teq drops a normal unnamed chest yet hes the only one who drops the shard of the deep

in Crafting

lukemorley.8602

another pm from dev, but doesn’t let us know much but keeping it up to date

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Dear loot powers that be,

I would like to reiterate my desire for a hint, but nothing too specific.

Is there any way it would be possible to give us a hint in the form of an eliminator? For example could you tell us the event we are looking for “is not in Kryta” or “is not in a zone below level 50.” Or something to that effect.

Something as simple as those elimination examples would go a long way in narrowing down the search over a very large world.

Thank you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

For those that aint already in some kind of group to search for this cursed relic of the undead arts, you can send a Mail in game to Bas.7406 or me if you are a fellow Necromancer for https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/BOC-All-Necro-The-Search-For-Final-Rest/ or if another profession (in which case im asking why not go for bifrost) http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/18jk5r/final_rest_apparently_have_a_very_low_drop_rate/ – first comment.

I wish you all good luck, but only on getting the second drop of Final Rest since the first shall be MINE maniac laughter while life blasts crack in the background!

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tezcatlipoca.4965

Tezcatlipoca.4965

Final Rest is on TP!!! Someone found it!

Officer of [EM], Sylvari Necromancer
Jade Quarry

in Crafting

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

omg yea i see it too holy crap!

in Crafting

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

2500 gold on tp but a few ppl already got it from shadow behemoth,expect price to plummet soon

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

so seemingly.. after the patch it’s dropping a lot more?
pure speculation here. good luck to all those that have been hunting it for so long!

finally… ; )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

Nice. Now the Staff is worth like nothing. Everyone will have it in the future – one night 4 5 drops in TP? Seriously. What the hell.

Fix it ArenaNet. Fix this one really rare item in game.

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Crafting

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

It is about time! Looks like us necros can finally get the skin we have been waiting for. Ohhh and there will be a nice story that goes with it =) It was a hunt Anet!

Ohhh and don’t listen to people wanting to nerf the drop for the prestige. If you want that, go waste your time on a legendary =P

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

Legendaries look stupid. Especially for necromancers. I do have that lantern from halloween which is pretty rare on my server, but final rest was the ultimate item for me. Now it’s junk.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Shadow Behemoth? Really? I know this was broken on a lot of servers for quite a while, but this has been farmed a LOT since launch. Hard to believe no one had it drop since then. Maybe they just turned it on in the loot table.

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

Awesome. Final Rest is 75g on TP now.
ArenaNet? I see what you did here. I see you had a good intention by doing this, but I have to seriously say: You f’ed it up!

Anyways, it’s a good looking staff. I’m just kitten because the rarity is gone. I think I have to stay with my “The Crossing” then.

in Crafting

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

Although the event was broken for along time, a lot of people have done it. The drop rate had to have been extremely low (or buged) for people to not have gotten it. either way, I don’t care about the rarity, I just like the look of it and want it on my mesmer.

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

You know, it’s something like a story with a very bad ending.
It’s like a storytale where a heroic warrior was on his journey to find the holy grail, was killing thousands and thousands of enemies, solving puzzles and riddles, defeating his foes and then went to buy the grail on wallmart.

in Crafting

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

or bugged

or bugged.

anyway, its a cool skin. i wouldnt care if it will be common. if you like it, buy and enjoy it,

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

6 months and no final rest. Then in less than 12 hours there is 7 on the trading post…..

in Crafting

Noerknhar.3826

17. It’s 17 on the TP. In less than 12 hours.

in Crafting

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

Hey they released the snipes for us to find!

17. It’s 17 on the TP. In less than 12 hours.

I find this to be quite amusing actually…

in Crafting

Posted by: Zonghui.4570

Zonghui.4570

Guildie of mine just got this… O.o

Insert 6——-Stormbluff Isle
Level 80 —-Un Usual Suspects
Here-—————-[PeRp]

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

bet the price will be down to 5-10g within a week. probably less at this rate.

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Guildie of mine just got this… O.o

Its not special anymore… like 20 people got it in 10 hours

in Crafting

Posted by: Maestro.5376

Maestro.5376

The question is whether the funnily high drop rate is a bug and it will be fixed later (increasing the rarity again) or whether it will stay low…

in Crafting

Posted by: Robinschultz.9652

Robinschultz.9652

It dropped for me as well. Underworld Server. Am keeping it for now since it already going for 80g+ at the moment.

Get Crit!

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The question is whether the funnily high drop rate is a bug and it will be fixed later (increasing the rarity again) or whether it will stay low…

Since the drop rate before this patch was zero, I don’t think it will be adjusted. It is still a very low drop rate, but now that it actually is on the drop possibility, it’s showing up. Tens of thousands of players do that event every day. It will drop.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Maestro.5376

Maestro.5376

Since the drop rate before this patch was zero, I don’t think it will be adjusted. It is still a very low drop rate, but now that it actually is on the drop possibility, it’s showing up. Tens of thousands of players do that event every day. It will drop.

A dev stated that it would take 10 players 7 months of farming for it to drop. I’m not sure this new drop rate is correct.

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

A dev stated that it would take 10 players 7 months of farming for it to drop. I’m not sure this new drop rate is correct.

Take your 10 players, and convert it to the thousands of players now farming that event daily across all servers. That would explain why there are “so many” on the TP.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

WTB Final Rest 50silver!…
Never mind I got a drop this morning.
DECREASE THE DROP RATE ANET!!!!!

(edited by SkinnyT.5382)

in Crafting

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Heh, I decide to check GW2 again 5 months later, and guess what, the bugged loot table that all players were saying was bugged (despite developers insisting it wasn’t) really was bugged (and could have been fixed much sooner if they had actually checked, instead of assuming the players were wrong). What a surprise. I guess this sets the bar for future “developer confirmation”.

I wonder what other things that were (supposedly, but not really) “working as intended” also got silently fixed…

- Al Zheimer

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

This dropped for me yesterday from Shadow Behemoth. Sold it, as I don’t do Necromancer

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Heh, I decide to check GW2 again 5 months later, and guess what, the bugged loot table that all players were saying was bugged (despite developers insisting it wasn’t) really was bugged (and could have been fixed much sooner if they had actually checked, instead of assuming the players were wrong). What a surprise. I guess this sets the bar for future “developer confirmation”.

I wonder what other things that were (supposedly, but not really) “working as intended” also got silently fixed…

If you have been away for 5 months, then you missed the ecto salvage fiasco.

Immediately after a patch, players noticed a serious drop in ecto recovery using BL and master salvage kits, Very detailed records were recorded and posted for large salvage numbers. First Anet response was along the lines of: nothing wrong here, all you tinfoil hats are wrong. This from the so-called community officer.

More records were posted daily for two weeks in an ever growing thread, until finally the Anet economist took notice and said he would look into it. Three days later he came back and confirmed something was wrong and the devs were working on a fix that was released the following day.

Anet sent a free BL kit to anyone who purchased one through the gem shop during the time of the ‘bug’. Not a word from the so-called community officer …

Bottom line was this: The ‘bug’, would never have been noticed by Anet, let alone fixed, had not so many players posted detailed records about the salvage rate shift.

So, one small victory for the tinfoil hats …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Actually, the loot table was fine, there was a bug that was permanently blocking the Shadow Behemoth event chain.

Players were being so obsessive about loot that they took focus from the real problem and put it on the loot tables. Anet checked the loot table, saw that it was fine, and moved on, while those of us saying that Shadow Behemoth was bugged got ignored.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709