Final Rest, how do you get it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I don’t see any mention of the jumping puzzle in Cursed Shore.
It has both a rare spawn and a “Splendid Chest”.
+ There’s a massive thingy where people lay dead in :p

“Hoping I didn’t ruin all fun for the hunters”

This looks like a good place for this sort of thing, but I really feel like a veteran that is easily soloable is not what any of us, including Anet, mean by a “boss”. I went up there just now, and there is a “Grand Chest” there. I don’t think it’s what we’re looking for.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bluewy.1347

Bluewy.1347

I don’t see any mention of the jumping puzzle in Cursed Shore.
It has both a rare spawn and a “Splendid Chest”.
+ There’s a massive thingy where people lay dead in :p

“Hoping I didn’t ruin all fun for the hunters”

This looks like a good place for this sort of thing, but I really feel like a veteran that is easily soloable is not what any of us, including Anet, mean by a “boss”. I went up there just now, and there is a “Grand Chest” there. I don’t think it’s what we’re looking for.

See what just happened there? :o

I got a splendid while you got a grand chest. That’s actually quiet odd :p

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

We can definitely make some pretty direct assumptions that it’s in a level 80 zone, since it’s specific to a boss and a chest, otherwise what good would a rare 80 staff do for 60? We can discount entirely southsun which leave us with 3 possible locations, of those 3 we can look at the known event chains and surmise which of those are farmed regularly and discount those. That can’t possibly lead to that many know events that spawn large chests.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Here’s a possible, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Agent_Scrybe_search_the_ruins_for_Orrian_artifacts. This has an unknown event listed after it. I vaguely remember this event, but i’m not sure i’ve completed it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Giorgos.4962

Giorgos.4962

I’m not sure if and how this could be related but I found something odd in the SW corner of Malchor’s Leap. It was a spiked Starfish which was untargetable but could take damage and it dissapeared after a fair amount of time hitting it, after it got destroyed my friend who was with me got teleported to the surface, I was using a skill and didn’t get moved myself. I went back there today and the starfish is still gone… there is also an open chest in a shell arround, but I think there are more like that and its just decorative, the starfish however I didnt find any other which makes it something rare right ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Here’s a possible, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Agent_Scrybe_search_the_ruins_for_Orrian_artifacts. This has an unknown event listed after it. I vaguely remember this event, but i’m not sure i’ve completed it.

It won’t be that. You do not get a chest from that, and even then, it was killed a lot back when plinx wasn’t nerfed (when you could do tar defense and rakkan)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

It won’t be that. You do not get a chest from that, and even then, it was killed a lot back when plinx wasn’t nerfed (when you could do tar defense and rakkan)

Ahh thanks for the info, I didn’t realize it was that frequent or farmed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Varkronn.9783

Varkronn.9783

This thread is impressive. It is interesting to see all of you working so hard trying to figure it out, but I feel you have put too much weight on an early comment. The info Anet gave you was probably incorrect to begin with and logically, the fact this game as with all MMO’s, doesn’t hold onto its secrets for very long. I doubt very much the weapon is even attainable. It is probably just some model that didn’t get implemented or one that has been constantly overlooked and will appear randomly in one small patch or another.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This thread is impressive. It is interesting to see all of you working so hard trying to figure it out, but I feel you have put too much weight on an early comment. The info Anet gave you was probably incorrect to begin with and logically, the fact this game as with all MMO’s, doesn’t hold onto its secrets for very long. I doubt very much the weapon is even attainable. It is probably just some model that didn’t get implemented or one that has been constantly overlooked and will appear randomly in one small patch or another.

Wow, it’ like reading mail from the negative universe.

To the points highlighted above~

1) We had a second Dev come through and confirm the first Dev’s comment.

2) we have multiple direct statements it’s achieveable now.

Unless they are in the habbit of outright lying, not making a mistake, but actively decieving, we’ve pretty much been asured there’s a reason to keep looking.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Yeah that’s a lot of assumptions there that are pretty unfounded. It’s obviously in the game and there are actually quite a few undocumented and possibly not found things in the game. It’s very possible too that a few people had it and either salvaged it or vendored it. Just because there are people on here and around other forums looking for it and posting about it, doesn’t mean that people haven’t found it. There might be a majority that simply don’t frequent the forums to even know about it.

in Crafting

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I’m sorry if this has already been posted but TBH sense the post is 9 pages (good job guys btw) i skimmed it fairly fast. I have been looking for this staff for a while now and based on the devs comments i have a theory. The first dev said it was not crafted but came from a “LARGE chest” in caps like that, the second dev said it will drop from a rare boss leaving use to go “WITCH IS IT?!?!?.” I think its both in GW1 there was a rare monster called a mimic (i think that was the name, could be wrong) but just like the final fantasy series its a monster shaped like a chest.

They only appeared rarely in missions and dropped random rare weapons. I think we are looking for a random un-found event in a dungeon (probably story mode Arah or fractals)

My point here i guess is that i doubt its an event chain and i bet its a boss type we have not yet seen. Also likely that sense its an exotic lvl 80 staff it would be in a lvl 80 zone.

Just a hunch but what elce do we have. BTW if you found this would you sell it or keep it?

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

They’ve said it’s in the open world, which rules out instances (dungeons, mini or otherwise). I think what Jeff mean when he said “(rare)” is that it’s a boss drop, but that it’s rare for the boss to drop it. It be nice to know if the two were tied together (if it’s the same boss guarding the large chest) or if they are separate cases.

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I’m sorry if this has already been posted but TBH sense the post is 9 pages (good job guys btw) i skimmed it fairly fast. I have been looking for this staff for a while now and based on the devs comments i have a theory. The first dev said it was not crafted but came from a “LARGE chest” in caps like that, the second dev said it will drop from a rare boss leaving use to go “WITCH IS IT?!?!?.” I think its both in GW1 there was a rare monster called a mimic (i think that was the name, could be wrong) but just like the final fantasy series its a monster shaped like a chest.

They only appeared rarely in missions and dropped random rare weapons. I think we are looking for a random un-found event in a dungeon (probably story mode Arah or fractals)

My point here i guess is that i doubt its an event chain and i bet its a boss type we have not yet seen. Also likely that sense its an exotic lvl 80 staff it would be in a lvl 80 zone.

Just a hunch but what elce do we have. BTW if you found this would you sell it or keep it?

There was another dev that when they were asked about that “controversy”, they said that they honestly didn’t see the differenciation; meaning you kill a rare boss and open their chest.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Crafting

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

One does not simply find “Final Rest”.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Crafting

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Ahh i didn’t see where they said it was open world well that blows my theory but also that’s cool because it honestly narrows it down, i would still assume its a high lvl zone.

I wonder if its an event or simply a rare spawn.

Also i found stuff like this poking around the forums

Quote:
“In Caledon Forest,
Just northwest of Falias Thorp waypoint, There is a small village of Hyleck enemys. Clear the village and look for a boulder at the back of it. Pick the boulder up and throw it at the gong beside the big closed gate. The gate will then open and you can travel into a huge cave FILLED with Veteran Hylek. Keep going into the large cave and in the very back there is a neat little puzzle where you have to put “tiers” onto pedelstools to open another gate, where there most likely should be a chest but there never is. Anyways its a neat little puzzle and take some thought to it. "

there are hidden puzzles all around the world that are not tied to an event or pov/vista if no one has found it yet. Ill bet the boss is a rare spawn in a place like this. I doubt its just an uber rare drop all the events have been farmed enough for that to drop, its got to be something no one has seen.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Yeah but there is a POI there… They typically put them there so people will check em out. It’s that either there’s no POI by this boss or there’s some odd event that has a bunch of requirements or something… I’m at a loss.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

They’ve said it’s in the open world, which rules out instances (dungeons, mini or otherwise).

Where have they said this? I’ve only seen 2 quotes on the topic and neither of those said that.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

One does not simply find “Final Rest”.

True, for afterwards you must also gloat with screen caps or sell it for 4 digits in gold.

Possibly both.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

They’ve said it’s in the open world, which rules out instances (dungeons, mini or otherwise).

Where have they said this? I’ve only seen 2 quotes on the topic and neither of those said that.

There’s a post where someone quoted Jeff Vaughn and it stated that Final Rest was in the game and it was in the open world. I can’t remember where i saw it, might have been here or reddit. If i see it again i’ll post it here.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Ahh it’s earlier in this thread

" Deified wrote:
I have some terrific new information everyone. I talked with Mr. Vaughn this weekend and here is what I was told in quotes.

After saying I’ve looked for clues and the staff in AC, and run Zho’qafa catacombs a ton of times, I asked him if he can atleast tell me if its in the open world or not.
“I can’t give away any spoilers, but I can confirm that I’ve looked at the loot tables, and it is in the game. It’s a very rare reward from defeating a boss in the open world.”

I asked him if there were any clues besides NPC dialog that could hint on where it drops
" I don’t know what clues might be present, sorry. Good luck!"

Finally I asked him about the conflicting hints between him and Ms. Murdock about how she said it drops from a Large (no classification as large so this could mean 3 different kinds of chest) boss chest and him saying it drops from a rare boss, I asked is it from a chest or a boss?

“That’s a distinction that I can’t really make, sorry.”

in Crafting

Nike.2631

“I can’t give away any spoilers, but I can confirm that I’ve looked at the loot tables, and it is in the game. It’s a very rare reward from defeating a boss in the open world.”

Cool. Good to know.

in Crafting

Posted by: jaf.3159

jaf.3159

I have follow this thread since a few weeks now, and hoped that someone would have at least found it by now. Well, i will just put my ideas to see if it fits.
First, the staff looks alot like an Imp, is there an event that has to do with an imp and drops a large box.
Second, its called final rest maybe is related to the final rest of where the gargoyle stayed after thay left. I just say this because we are enfatuated in looking for a specific monster in a catacomb.
Third, maybe is a boss that scavages like a skritt or a dredge.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Should we hear a selection from "the soundtrack will also change to the “BossBattle” playlist" as we possibly win a fight that may drop the Final Rest?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NPC_rank

I was exploring the “rare” among the NPC ranking descriptions, and was interested to find the description of Legendary rank used “rare” in the description. Then I noticed that there are “Users” listed among the NPCs with Legendary ranking. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:SearchByProperty/Has-20NPC-20rank/Legendary …users?! /cursewiki. /facepalm.

! https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/More-of-this-please
I just did this, /kneel at a special location, spawned Karas the Undead (veteran). No chest. More like this? Where?

(edited by Zapan.7460)

in Crafting

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

You know , the more and more I think about it, the more likely it seem that the drop is from a hidden event/area. Anet doesn’t wanna give out the exact location just like Jump Puzzles; they want the players to find out. People probably have activated the event or found, but they just haven’t gotten the drop since it’s “very rare”. I wanna look into Zapan’s suggested area. Seclusion might be the biggest reason why we haven’t found it yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Giorgos.4962

Giorgos.4962

Its definitely not inside the Artesian Waters, I found a bugged route that can get you in but its empty ofcourse…

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: quickinfi.4193

quickinfi.4193

Hmpf… did exactly the same thing like 10 min ago Made screens. wanted to post it and boom you’re faster.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Glitching through to get in doesn’t really mean anything. :p
If there is supposed to be an event to open the doors then it would most likely be responsible for spawning the relevant boss and when that boss dies it spawns the chest.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

What happens if you activate all the God statues in orr at once?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Wow, it’ like reading mail from the negative universe.

To the points highlighted above~

1) We had a second Dev come through and confirm the first Dev’s comment.

2) we have multiple direct statements it’s achieveable now.

Unless they are in the habbit of outright lying, not making a mistake, but actively decieving, we’ve pretty much been asured there’s a reason to keep looking.

Yet, after all this time… 0 drops. Just look how many people are searching for it, it’s rarer than any legendary weapon in the game if it actually drops.

If it’s actually in the game, it drops in some super-secret easter egg room which no one has found yet.

in Crafting

Zapan.7460

from the General Discussion thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Final-Rest-Current-Theories/page/6#post1403306
Deified.7520 says:

Hey guys, after seeing hte conspiracy theory about how the boss/chest isn’t dropping the “correct loot table” i went and asked Mr. Vaughn about it. Here was his reply.

“No, I traced it back from the item all the way back to the encounter, and it’s all hooked up. The chance of it dropping is extremely low.”

So we could have already found the place and it just hasn’t dropped.

Well, who’s got a Decoder ring from a Cracker Jacks box? Is there depth to the " I traced it back from the item all the way back to the encounter"? what might it hint at? A long event? or merely the code screen containing the Event has pages of details and had to page down/up many times to get from beginning to end?

in Crafting

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

Has anyone concidered that it might a rare boss that spawns in the secret room near Rumblus etc in AC. It would make sense* and since barely anyone ever checks that room it would also explain why it’s still not known.

*Why it would make sense:

- Gargoyles were habitants of Ascalon untill they mysteriously disappeared in 1185 AE. The staff is called Gargoyle staff in PvP locker and has a statue of a gargoyle in it.
- AC = Ascalonian CATACOMBS. And what was the favourite place of Gargoyles in pre-searing (which is the state ascalon has returned in for GW2), well, the Catacombs ofcourse.
- There’s tons of secret rooms in GW2 BUT afaik every other room has something like kittens or turkeys in it, This one is empty.
- The room looks like it’s designed for a boss fight. So unless Anet suddenly decided to cut a boss from the dungeon, it’s quite likely there could be a rare spawn there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Very interesting Raege but we did rule out dungeons because it was stated that it is dropped in the open world. Would have been nice though, I love AC…

On the other side, I read this whole thread, plus the current theory one and I love this. As someone asked about other languages forums, I started a thread like this one in the french forum as well, who knows, someone has to know something somewhere.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

in Crafting

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

This is just getting really old. Need something to spice things up a bit.

At this point I would like another hint. Nothing huge just something to narrow the focus down a bit from “anywhere in the open world.”

A hint like “it’s not in Kryta” or something similar. Then if no one has found it by the March update throw out another hint.

in Crafting

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

from the General Discussion thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Final-Rest-Current-Theories/page/6#post1403306
Deified.7520 says:

Hey guys, after seeing hte conspiracy theory about how the boss/chest isn’t dropping the “correct loot table” i went and asked Mr. Vaughn about it. Here was his reply.

“No, I traced it back from the item all the way back to the encounter, and it’s all hooked up. The chance of it dropping is extremely low.”

So we could have already found the place and it just hasn’t dropped.

Well, who’s got a Decoder ring from a Cracker Jacks box? Is there depth to the " I traced it back from the item all the way back to the encounter"? what might it hint at? A long event? or merely the code screen containing the Event has pages of details and had to page down/up many times to get from beginning to end?

he probably just means he looked at the staff, then the loot table it drops from, then the things that use that table (the chest), then the boss that spawns that chest, then the event that spawns the boss.

he’s basically saying “I checked to make sure that there are no breaks in the chain of event > boss > chest > loot table > loot,leading to the possibility of final rest”

in Crafting

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I wonder, we’ve been told that it is an open world event with a large chest, it’s unlikely to be an orr temple, a starter meta event or a dragon due to all of them being farmed like crazy all the time

one thing that people always forget to mention:

What about Arah?

the event to take arah rarely occurs because of it’s insanely farmable nature and the fact that it’s the event to keep a dungeon open, leading to it being failed very rarely.

the thing is, the arah chain ALSO has a large chest, it’s just insanely difficult to ever see it because the chances of failing is so small, we never need to retake arah, leading to the chest being relatively unfarmed

my theory is this:

Final rest drops from the large chest at the end of the opening of Arah, however, as the event rarely happens due to not failing to defend, it leaves it as the only open world boss chest that has not yet been insanely farmed

the problem comes where if this turns out to be true, we need to convince people to not take advantage of 5 mins of ludicrous amounts of risen infinitely respawning, and block off access to arah, so we can farm the chest that may or may not contain a small chance of getting final rest.

the reason it’s rare is that the boss is nigh undefeatable, the boss… is our own greed!

so yeah, any servers volunteer to continually lose arah to farm the opening event chest?

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

We do an Arah event chain every night, i’ve opened the chest at least 40 times. Not saying it’s not there, just saying i’ve not heard anyone get it and we typically do it with about 15 people from the guild. Not to mention all the other people that love to ping loot on the run.

in Crafting

Posted by: moose.6973

moose.6973

My guildie found the “final curse” today from The Shatterer. Not sure if they are related, but the name implies so. It’s a rare boss, it spawns a big chest.

Looking at the names of the items, if final curse drops from the statterer, the final rest might drop from jormag. Most of the dragons just kinda lay down and die, but jormag falls from a cliff into the water, his final resting place. It’s a bit of a stretch, but just doing some thinking lol.

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

Final curse is an pretty common drop (about 2g on the TP), it does make sense that final rest would drop from a dragon, however, if so, there would at least be a couple on the TP, as often as they are farmed.

in Crafting

Posted by: moose.6973

moose.6973

Final curse is an pretty common drop (about 2g on the TP), it does make sense that final rest would drop from a dragon, however, if so, there would at least be a couple on the TP, as often as they are farmed.

Anet can make the drop rate as microscopic as they want without any of us knowing. You are assuming the drop rate is fairly decent, at least enough that a few people would have gotten it, but that might not be the case.

As far as I’m concerned, as old as the game is now, every event in the game should have been farmed enough that at least 1 would have dropped SOMEWHERE. The fact that there are none reported means the drop rate is extremely microscopic, and could drop from anywhere that matches the criteria the developers hinted at.

Obviously dragons are farmed more than some things, which would mean it’s less likely that is the proper location, but you can’t rule anything out.

(edited by moose.6973)

in Crafting

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Anet can make the drop rate as microscopic as they want without any of us knowing. You are assuming the drop rate is fairly decent, at least enough that a few people would have gotten it, but that might not be the case.

As far as I’m concerned, as old as the game is now, every event in the game should have been farmed enough that at least 1 would have dropped SOMEWHERE. The fact that there are none reported means the drop rate is extremely microscopic, and could drop from anywhere that matches the criteria the developers hinted at.

Obviously dragons are farmed more than some things, which would mean it’s less likely that is the proper location, but you can’t rule anything out.

The problem is that we don’t know how farmable the event is. Most heavily-farmed events run at 15-minute intervals. We know the boss that drops this is “rare” and I don’t know anyone that thinks a 15 minute spawn time makes a boss rare. I would like to think that a rare boss can be killed at most 6 times per day—once every 4 hours (roughly the Claw of Jormag frequency). To provide for the other end of the spectrum, let’s consider once/day to be “rare.”

The “large chest” nature makes me think either female norn are involved or “group event” so let’s surmise that it takes 2-5 people to accomplish (a fair estimate in either case).

The game has been out for a little over 150 days. This is a nice estimate considering occasional downtime, missed opportunities, etc. Furthermore, there are 51 servers on which the event can be done.

Now we’re left with defining the “very low” chance of dropping from the event. 0.1% is actually pretty common for a specific item, so we’ll use that as the upper bound and 0.001% as the lower bound.

Using our upper bound numbers, the chance of at least 1 dropping in the 229500 opportunities that have been present to date is effectively 100%.

The lower bound, however, is only around 14% over 15300 opportunities. Increasing the drop rate by a factor of 10 still only puts us at 78% with the other parameters left unchanged.

It is possible for none to exist, especially if:

• The boss is solo- or duo-able
  • The event is not completed as soon as it resets

One of the possible locations is Rotbeard in Cursed Shore. Most people in the zone don’t go to that area, so the event isn’t always triggered after a reset. You need to go through the ship to know if it can be triggered or not, so that, too, adds to the delay between activations. He is an easy duo and a lot of soloists can take him on, so there wouldn’t be many looting attempts—this is pretty close to the 14% chance of having found at least one.

If 35 people kill Claw of Jormag every 4 hours for 150 days across 51 servers, at 1:1000000 odds we’re looking at an 80% chance that somebody would have gotten it… and killing him more won’t really skew the data much since he is already killed a lot.

While we can’t rule anything out, I think we should be focusing on finding more Rotbeard-like events than Claw of Jormag ones—if it is from the Claw, we’ll find out eventually anyway as tons of people always do that. If it is a rotbeard-style event, then we haven’t found it because there are just so few people looting that particular event.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

(edited by Fildydarie.1496)

in Crafting

munkiman.3068

I think we also need to really base the fact that it’s an 80 weapon, that it not being a drop in a under 70-75 zone, although sadly there are quite a few 80 weapons that drop from dragons in lower level zones, like maw for example. But would a smaller event like that really drop an 80 weapon in a 35 zone? The bigger events sure, but smaller more isolated ones? I’m not convinced. By the clues given so far, it seems to be only from a single event, which is actually somewhat rare in itself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

I still believe that the Final Rest is from Zho Qafar, and its drop rate is exceedingly low. Going purely by facts alone:

The Devs have given us clues.

Lindsey Murdock: “The only hint I will give on Final Rest is this: You cannot make it. It is dropped from a LARGE boss chest.”

Jeffrey Vaughn: “It’s exactly as Linsey stated previously—it’s a loot drop from a specific (rare) boss.”

While most think it hasn’t narrowed down possibilities, I think it has. They have essentially told us that it is a “rare” boss that spawns a “large chest”. If you look at NPC Rank (not the first time this is being pointed out), Legendary foes are the only ones who are “rare to see”. Plus, “they can only be found in dungeon instances or in Ruins of Orr group events”.

Dungeons are ruled out because it was confirmed to be in open world by another Dev, so that leaves Ruins of Orr group events. So if you make a list of all events in Orr which have Legendary foes and spawns a “large chest”, you have:

Straits of Devastation:
1. Zho Qafar – Eye of Zhaitan
2. Risen Priest of Blathazar

Malchor’s Leap:
1. Possessed Statue of Dwayna
2. Corrupted High Priestess (Lyssa)

Cursed Shore:
1. Champion Risen Priest of Grenth
2. Risen Priest of Melandru
3. Gates of Arah

(Let me know if I missed any.)

I looked up Youtube videos to confirm the chests and Legendary status. I dont remember what kind of chests spawned, but majority were Glorious Chests. I’ve also read the theory on having unique-named chests, but without official confirmation, I don’t believe that as much as this.

Without evidence or support, I believe that:
1. All the Temples have been farmed enough to statistically rule them out, leaving Zho Qafar.
2. The Final Rest does not drop from a Zone/World/“Epic” rank Boss.
3. The drop rate of Final Rest is exceedingly small.

Since I’m unable to farm it myself now, I’m relying on you awesome guys to do it and hopefully come back and confirm it!

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

in Crafting

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

I tried to complete the Zho Qafar event on my server the last two days but couldn’t find anyone willing to. Actually, this gives me more confidence that this is an event that hasn’t been farmed a lot, so it might just be the right one…

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

in Crafting

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

couple of questions:
Has this weapon dropped at all/does anyone have it?
Would a typo on the loot table stop it from dropping? It took ages to change the name of the glacial lodestones and that typo was visible to the players – if its a spelling we cant see we can’t point it out.

in Crafting

Zapan.7460

Nickczh.6341 /cheer. Great reasoning and presentation. +1
/wary@accuracy of terminology used on wiki. /shrug.
/shakefist@ChampionRisenAbomination.
Next time anyone is in Zho’qafa Catacombs, is the Eye of Zhaitan Legendary ranked? Not the same Eye as personal story’s Legendary Eye. Eye merely wanted to check because it’s been a while since Eye did Catacombs. A witness at the scene says it looked like fun and games, then it suddenly stopped. The witness then heard an unEYEdentifEYEd voice yelling, “EYE can’t see!”

HuntsForge.3260 ….why can’t i do -1? read the thread. shame on you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Final-Rest-Current-Theories/page/8#post1440670

I really can’t give out any hints or information, especially since anything I say is going to be intensely analyzed. So I’m going to play it safe and not comment on the size of the boss, the chest, or the rarity of the boss. I will confirm that I looked in the game data and traced the item to its loot table to the chest that uses the loot table to the event that spawns the chest to make sure everything is set up. I can also confirm that it has a very low drop rate, so running the event 5 times or 10 times proves nothing.

Has to come from event, a boss and then chest.
My theory it probably has the rarity of a dungeon recipe sheet, so many people run dungeons yet very few actually knows what a dungeon recipe sheet is.

in Crafting

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Final-Rest-Current-Theories/page/8#post1440670

I really can’t give out any hints or information, especially since anything I say is going to be intensely analyzed. So I’m going to play it safe and not comment on the size of the boss, the chest, or the rarity of the boss. I will confirm that I looked in the game data and traced the item to its loot table to the chest that uses the loot table to the event that spawns the chest to make sure everything is set up. I can also confirm that it has a very low drop rate, so running the event 5 times or 10 times proves nothing.

Has to come from event, a boss and then chest.
My theory it probably has the rarity of a dungeon recipe sheet, so many people run dungeons yet very few actually knows what a dungeon recipe sheet is.

What’s a dungeon recipe sheet?

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

in Crafting

Posted by: Blackhair.6245

Blackhair.6245

I recently started farming the Zho’qafa event chain in hopes of finding the staff but haven’t had any luck. I’ll be farming the event until I either die of boredom or someone finds the location of the staff. I’m able to solo it but it does take a while by myself. If anyone wants to help out or is bored of soloing it themselves I’d appreciate the help.
I play on Tarnished Coast (NA server). Just send me a whisper in-game!
GL on the Final Rest hunt!

(edited by Blackhair.6245)

in Crafting

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

Have you noticed that the Zho’qafa catacombs actually look like Final Rest? Flip it by 90° clockwise and you’ll notice. Also, there is a lot of coffins in those ruins. I think we got it, but we can only be sure as soon as one drops.

I hope we can gather more information about the event chain of Zho’qafa in here. I personally have never seen it before, so I dunno how to start it etc. Anyone?

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Crafting

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

Have you noticed that the Zho’qafa catacombs actually look like Final Rest? Flip it by 90° clockwise and you’ll notice. Also, there is a lot of coffins in those ruins. I think we got it, but we can only be sure as soon as one drops.

I hope we can gather more information about the event chain of Zho’qafa in here. I personally have never seen it before, so I dunno how to start it etc. Anyone?

could u make a screen, cant see anything final rest related there?