Final Rest, how do you get it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

After reading these posts, I’ve also begun farming this event chain, it’s actually pretty enjoyable now that I know how to do it solo (guild is small, and the map is usually devoid of other players).

I got an exotic each for my first two runs and blues after that, if that gives anyone confidence that the loot tables are not entirely screwed.

I’m a Necro, so it fits me perfectly.
I WANT THIS STAFF, SANTA.

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

in Crafting

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

After reading these posts, I’ve also begun farming this event chain, it’s actually pretty enjoyable now that I know how to do it solo (guild is small, and the map is usually devoid of other players).

I got an exotic each for my first two runs and blues after that, if that gives anyone confidence that the loot tables are not entirely screwed.

I’m a Necro, so it fits me perfectly.
I WANT THIS STAFF, SANTA.

You can do also the champion ooze solo? :0

That map is so empty, and most of the people don’t do those chain events since it’s useless.. i only see groups for Baltha.

If anyone wants to try farming the events, i’m on Seafarer’s rest.

Also, please devs… we still need some details about this staff.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Ye, some classes are able to cheatsolo it.
Devs completely ignore this thread at all, useless ask a post.
I btw asked a QA anet employee i met, if was possible to address this issue. (Not his department)
We will see this staff? Maybe, maybe never

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Wizzy.7910

Wizzy.7910

Any chance this chest would be at arah, like after u done killing lupicus or other arah boss? Boss is definently big, they seem to have added some new dungeon only exotic items that might drop there or might just have increased chances of getting one. (Got an exotic backpiece at AC which was instantly account bound and the name of the item was somehow related to bosses name). And as it is exotic item, it won’t be as often dropped as other items may be.

in Crafting

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

This staff should be the skin of a legendary staff. It’s awesome (although i can see it’s appeal even more because of how hard it is to get) I really hope Anet makes an official statement on it sometime. Although doubt they will it builds hype

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

in Crafting

Posted by: Zellwarlord.6204

Zellwarlord.6204

So assuming the staff is able to drop, it has to be in a chest that is out of the way. Given the name and the looks I think its tied to one of the gods rather then an eye. Abaddon or Dhuum would be the best choice, Dhuum as far as I know has no Temple in the world but Abaddon does. The plaza of lost wisdom has a NPC out side named Explorer Rokk and he says that something important lies within these ruins. I have seen screen shots of the area and know there is an event there but so far have been unable to trigger it myself to get in to the temple. IDK just a thought anyone been able to try that area?

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

It does not exist in pve yet

in Crafting

Posted by: Shunraa.6521

Shunraa.6521

did that event… just a small event row with 2 veteran and a keep care event. Thay said ok plan for the next time and somthink like could be more but i dont think so.

getting mad about that staff

in Crafting

Posted by: Brijac.7580

Brijac.7580

Actually mods said it exists in PvE but found in a LARGE chest, so yeh it exists, you’d know if you read first 2 pages.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

It exists, just no one has got it o.O

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Crafting

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

And THAT is what I find hard to believe. Every single event in this game must’ve been done 100k times by now, I just can’t believe Arenanet puts so much effort in creating a unique looking weapon that is so rare noone ever saw it after the big wave of event participation has gone by.

I know what 1 dev has said. I know it’s available in the PvP locker. I just have never seen actual proof that it does or can indeed drop in PvE.

I strongly believe that it is not Arenanet’s intention for any weapon to be more rare than legendaries and there are plenty of those on pretty much every server by now. Either this staff is not on any loot table at the moment, or something’s badly bugged.

Just my 2 cents.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Has anyone tried the jumping puzzle with the 3 orrian chests? I think it was in Malchor’s Leap and you had these lights you gathered.Then you use them on several points in front of a chest in order to open it when all lights are put on.I only managed to get 2, so I’ve no idea about the big one.Anyone opened it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Has anyone tried the jumping puzzle with the 3 orrian chests? I think it was in Malchor’s Leap and you had these lights you gathered.Then you use them on several points in front of a chest in order to open it when all lights are put on.I only managed to get 2, so I’ve no idea about the big one.Anyone opened it?

I have, between myself and the people I know who have done it we’ve open all 3 chests a total of at least 11 times. I am 99% certain none of us has gotten anything worth mentioning from those chests.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brijac.7580

Brijac.7580

Yeh just got some rares and 1 exotic from that jp in like 10 times :S Well search goes on ^^

in Crafting

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

Actually mods said it exists in PvE but found in a LARGE chest, so yeh it exists, you’d know if you read first 2 pages.

Just because they said it does doesn’t mean it does. When the game launched I could name close to 4 dozen tooltips in the game that were flat out wrong. I can still point out a dozen tooltips that are incorrect. On top of that they have given numerous conflicting answers and have come back to stuff they have previously stated was in the game and working and ‘fixed’ it. Hell if you’ve spent any time on these forums at all you should know better than to believe everything you read from the devs. The game is rather large and they don’t appear to spend a lot of time double checking things to make sure they actually work before sending them out.

I’m in the “its not in the game until we see it” crowd. We’ve seen pretty much every single kitten thing in this game except “tribal light armor” and final rest. If it actually dropped form a chest, 4 months into the game, don’t you think SOMEONE would have gotten it by now? Even in places people don’t normally ‘farm’, chests are frequently opened from newer players or players with alts leveling through those areas. If its in a dungeon or area that is commonly farmed we would have seen it the first month the game was out. Even if its droprate is 0.1% someone would have, statistically, gotten it by now.

Its not in PvE.

(edited by chuiu.4985)

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Based on what, gw2db, or that fake answer we read yet? It’s clearly not on any loottable at all, the game nowadays has been farmed till the last tiniest part yet. This staff doesn’t drop.
Probably the answer was misunderstood, and it’s a pvp reward, that’s all. Or just removed at all.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Zogyark.4597

My reply was sarcasm therefore the crazy face o.O

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Haha ye, i got it

in Crafting

Zogyark.4597

On the other hand I would like an official answer from the devs on this so people stop wasting their time trying to get a bugged staff which might simply not be in the game yet. I think Lindsey might have confused final rest with final curse or something of the sort.

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

Haha ye, i got it

You really should try to avoid using phrases like “i got it” in a months old thread where people are searching desperately for an item. LOL

My heart leaped in my throat for about 1.5 seconds until “I got it”.

The hunt continues…

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Honestly, i repeated billion times to just forget this weapon at all. Devs don’t care to post anything about it, nor answer if you meet them online. Still, there are so many who still believe one day they will get one. Shrugs

in Crafting

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Honestly, i repeated billion times to just forget this weapon at all. Devs don’t care to post anything about it, nor answer if you meet them online. Still, there are so many who still believe one day they will get one. Shrugs

It’s probably the only staff i like, so i want to know how to get it. I’ll send another PM to Linsey, i hope it will not get ignored.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I know, i like it too. Just don’t be disappointed if the weapon as necro gives a wierd result with double scythe, no glowing effects at all, something noone except one guy on your party / map randomly sometimes zooming will type “cool staff gz”

in Crafting

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

Anyone ever wonder why they left this thread in the crafting forum and didn’t move it to a more appropriate forum like “Players helping Players” or “Items that don’t exist”?

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Considering it’s completely ignored by any dev, i wonder too why this thread still exists for something not inworld.

in Crafting

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

For the people trying to get the staff – you need a guild, abomination and Eye can be done solo but Ooze cannot,

Yep, it can.

You can do also the champion ooze solo? :0

Any class with ground-targeted or player-based AoE can. In fact, the ooze is the easiest of the 3 champions, since you can do it without moving or taking any damage.

Mechanics for the Eye:

- At 40% the Eye heals itself to full hp if it can hit anything (probably on a fixed cd so you need a minimum amount of dps)
- At 25% the Eye gets a berserk buff increasing damage.

There’s nothing special at 40%. The eye will heal itself back to 100% whenever it decides that it can’t see or reach anyone.

At 50% and 25% it will say something (“How dare you attack me.” – with a full stop in the chat window, BTW, not a question mark – and some other line), and gain fury for a while. I don’t remember any berserk buff, but maybe that’s random (or maybe it’s like with the abomination, and depends on how many players are near and how much damage it’s taking).

I generally do this chain with my necro. I stand on a ledge to avoid being pulled by the adds and let the boss hit me with the beam and gas cloud (not hard to heal through). I leave auto-attack on the boss and use ground-targeted AoE / Life Transfer to kill the adds ASAP.

That’s pretty much the definition of not existing. You might say that there is a chance of getting it, but until someone gets it, it doesn’t exist.

In fact, I find it unlikely that there’s even a chance of getting it, for one reason: it doesn’t appear in the TP. And the TP lists almost everything, including items that are known to be unobtainable and / or impossible to trade (ex., some account bound and even soulbound ingredients, etc.). But Final Rest doesn’t appear there at all.

Of course, maybe it becomes soulbound or account bound as soon as you get it, and so (correctly) it doesn’t appear in the TP, but I doubt an item dropped from a world chest would bind on pick-up.

That absence from the TP listing, coupled with the fact that apparently no one has ever seen one in-game, makes me suspect that someone at Arena Net made a mistake when setting the item properties or adding it to the database, and the game isn’t actually seeing it.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

I’m quite sure it is either bugged or not added to the game yet. Even if the mod said it, it’s been quite a long time for now that someone must’ve gotten one.

The name of the exotic doesn’t have anything to do with where it drops. Big chest is big chest, which means you get it from dragon lieutenants, Eternal Battleground’s JP or any other chest which looks like the same. Otherwise we would only get Dawn when we loot the chests on the morning or Spark when you ignite yourself on fire while opening the chest.

Also, the chances getting any named exotic from a chest or mob is as high as getting pre-cursors. Judging by the amount we have at the moment, I say the Final Rest is not attainable at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Leriel.6510

Leriel.6510

So assuming the staff is able to drop, it has to be in a chest that is out of the way. Given the name and the looks I think its tied to one of the gods rather then an eye. Abaddon or Dhuum would be the best choice, Dhuum as far as I know has no Temple in the world but Abaddon does. The plaza of lost wisdom has a NPC out side named Explorer Rokk and he says that something important lies within these ruins. I have seen screen shots of the area and know there is an event there but so far have been unable to trigger it myself to get in to the temple. IDK just a thought anyone been able to try that area?

I did this event, and the reward is ability to buy blue and green Abaddon Talisman: http://i.imgur.com/hmfuV.jpg
Which is the important artifact they were studying.

It’s a shame we can’t transmute trinkets, i wanted to transmute my amulet just for the name

in Crafting

Account.9832

The name of the exotic doesn’t have anything to do with where it drops. Big chest is big chest, which means you get it from dragon lieutenants, Eternal Battleground’s JP or any other chest which looks like the same.

There is no reason why one chest can’t have a different loot table from another. Just because most items are selected randomly from a shared list doesn’t mean a specific item can’t be added to a specific chest or to a specific NPC.

For example, the recipe for “Husk of the Destroyer” only seems to drop (logically enough) from the Destroyer of Worlds. And I assume the same goes for the other rare exotic jewelcrafting recipes (they only drop from the boss with the corresponding name).

If the Final Rest staff is so “special” that it can’t be obtained from the Mystic Forge, there’s a good chance that it’s supposed to drop from a specific chest, somehow connected to the “final resting place” of some important character.

I say supposed to drop because I’m pretty sure someone made a mistake in the item’s database record, and it’s not actually in the game.

- Al Zheimer

in Crafting

Ibbuli.4027

For example, the recipe for “Husk of the Destroyer” only seems to drop (logically enough) from the Destroyer of Worlds. And I assume the same goes for the other rare exotic jewelcrafting recipes (they only drop from the boss with the corresponding name).

That’s true, but so far (as far as I know) only trinkets and their crafting recepies are dropped from certain (dungeon?) bosses.

in Crafting

Account.9832

The name of the exotic doesn’t have anything to do with where it drops.

rare exotic jewelcrafting recipes (they only drop from the boss with the corresponding name).

That’s true, but so far (as far as I know) only trinkets and their crafting recepies are dropped from certain (dungeon?) bosses.

So looks like you are aware of at least one case (a dozen cases, in fact) where the name of the item does have something to do with where it drops.

So, unless you know where Final Rest drops, why assume it would follow the same pattern as exotics obtainable from the Mystic Forge, instead of the pattern followed by exotics that can only be found as drops? Especially when a developer has already said that it is not craftable?

- Al Zheimer

in Crafting

Ibbuli.4027

So looks like you are aware of at least one case (a dozen cases, in fact) where the name of the item does have something to do with where it drops.

So, unless you know where Final Rest drops, why assume it would follow the same pattern as exotics obtainable from the Mystic Forge, instead of the pattern followed by exotics that can only be found as drops? Especially when a developer has already said that it is not craftable?

Because the Final Rest is a staff, the others are trinkets. If I remember right, the boss trinket/trinket recipe drops were added in the FotM/Cove patch at the same time with ascended trinkets.

in Crafting

Account.9832

And Final Rest, from what we’ve seen so far, hasn’t been added at all.

- Al Zheimer

in Crafting

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Any new news on this?

in Crafting

Posted by: sta.4926

sta.4926

So that game dev just lied to us?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

Support still states it exists and encourages us to “keep exploring the game and all its content”.
Helpful :-P

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

So that game dev just lied to us?

How about some benefit of the doubt here? Has anyone ever made a mistake before? What possible reason would Lindsey have for straight up lying about it? Try not to be so cynical, you’ll get an ulcer.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

This loot item and the discussion reminds me of playing DCUO, where many items were explained as being somewhere in the world by the devs, then months later they said the items were added to new content loot tables (presumably because they had such a low % to drop in content with less frequent availability/dungeon, or it was never in game till the new content). I was inclined to believe it was the later because during a live stream, they were asked in chat by customer, “how do you unlock Arkham Joker?” (a PvP character skin, in game since launch and nobody had gotten it many months later; was a busy thread about it for a long time) and they had no idea how, “we’ll have to research that one, and get back to you.” Which revealed the lead guys had no idea what it was or anything about it, months after release? /sigh. The thread about the topic got a bit heated, after that. Allegedly some players left the game. Mentioning the disappointment in the dev knowledge of their own game.

Eventually they released that Arkham Joker skin as a purchasable item in the store. /facepalm

Players in DCUO had a thread to track/locate where special drops where in the Players helping players forum. Epic Iconic Drop Loot or something like that. For GW2, maybe name it Epic Unique Drop Loot? It’d go without saying that claiming a drop happened in a certain location would require a screenshot (“or it didn’t happen”). /wink

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Don’t tell me it is Simin and after…

in Crafting

Nexrex.8273

Need someone to answer this…I’m not bout to crawl through the entire maze of loot options within the game just to hope I may be in the remotely right area….

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Maybe its one of those things like the spear, which is in-game, but doesn’t really drop/exist. :O Seems fishy that its been months now and no one has gotten it yet.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Large chest could mean a high level PvP chest.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kathias.8532

Kathias.8532

The thing is…every single boss, event and chest have already been done hundred times…so if the chance to get the weapon from a specific event is reasonable, someone would already have it. If it really is in game and nobody has it yet, then is must be tied to multiple conditions…like that it only drops if all the temples are uncontested or something like that

in Crafting

Nexrex.8273

And why on earth is this still in the crafting forum if it isn’t a craftable weapon?! Color me confused…

in Crafting

Zogyark.4597

Hello devs, we are all waiting for an official reply regarding this weapon. Thank you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Luis.4135

Luis.4135

Just adding a quick note:

It could also be that the staff has already dropped and, because the player who got it didn’t think it was worth alot, maybe saw no buy order on TP, thought it was just a common exotic and salvaged it. Yes, people ARE that dumb sometimes.

Not stating anything about theories, just saying this is one possibility.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

O_O
that just brought tears to my eyes!

Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: jinx.2813

jinx.2813

well,there is this one event chain next to Arah where you have to kill a Risen King after investigating it’s resting place,nobody does it tho,if i could get some ppl to join me i’ll see if it drops anything good

in Crafting

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

It doesn’t.People are doing it semi-often since it’s somewhat in the middle of the zone.
The event was done as soon as it was up when the game went live, but when people saw that the boss was really hard and the rewards sucked major kitten they stopped doing it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglethorpe.5369

Oglethorpe.5369

To anyone who has done the event chain – have you found that it doesn’t start 2-3 hours after finishing the pre-events?

I’m sitting here with a party, going on 4.5 hours since pre-events, and there’s still no escort event spawning…

Checked the catacombs multiple times, the vets haven’t respawned, so we should still be on schedule.The eye will heal itself back to 100% whenever it decides that it can’t see or reach anyone.

Update: The escort finally spawned, just around the 4.5 hour mark. So, anyone looking to do the event – be warned: it could take longer than 2-3 hours to start, just be patient.

Time Chamber to the [PAST], Fort Aspenwood
Tirian – Human Mesmer | Oglethorpe – Human Necromancer
Bigbeard the Grey – Norn Guardian | Emoury – Human Thief

(edited by Oglethorpe.5369)