Foefire's Essence, Volcanus and more!

in Crafting

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

I heard that someone has that weapon already. And guess what? He didn’t tell how to obtain it, naturally. Linsey won’t help us too. All we can do is to pray so I can get dusk, which I’d sell and find recipe for foefire’s essence

(cuz foefire’s essence might be cheaper than legendary wep and still looks cool)

in Crafting

Posted by: Arcanis.2437

Arcanis.2437

I like Foefire’s Essence more then any Legendary, probably couse im a Guardian. But that’s just me.

I’ve been posting on Map Chat the link to the weapon, to tease people to search for it. Yet not one said that theyve got the recipe. Eather people found the recipe and are not telling, or there are no one trying to find it.

Edit: as anyone tryed Scroll + Coins + Ori comp + Glacial or Charged Lodestone?

(edited by Arcanis.2437)

in Crafting

lejean.9615

I like Foefire’s Essence more then any Legendary, probably couse im a Guardian. But that’s just me.

I’ve been posting on Map Chat the link to the weapon, to tease people to search for it. Yet not one said that theyve got the recipe. Eather people found the recipe and are not telling, or there are no one trying to find it.

I tried with even crystal and charged lodestones but, if I remember, they don’t add to the scroll. And orichalcum comps isn’t good idea, imo, as those weapons are…well, they are spirit, arcane, spectral weapons. They most likely require one of gifts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

when someone figures this recipe out he will just start selling them stupidly overpriced instead of giving anyone hints or tips^^ just wait 3-6 months and then everyone will have access to it.

or something cooler gets patched in aswell.

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

If that “someone” sells it overpriced no one will buy untill he gets down with the price.

I love the weapon, and I would love to have it, but if someone sells it overpriced ill go do something else untill it gets down. Sooner or later I’ll have this weapon. Alltought sooner seems better =P

On-topic: Well, those “mesmer” type weapons used Ori Comps, and they were “spectral aswell”. We cant disregard any option untill we are sure it dosent work. The thing is: there are no clues, and the recipes most of the times have nothing to do with the weapon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

I tried with even crystal and charged lodestones but, if I remember, they don’t add to the scroll. And orichalcum comps isn’t good idea, imo, as those weapons are…well, they are spirit, arcane, spectral weapons. They most likely require one of gifts.

The only issue I could see with not using a weapon component is that you would have a tough time differentiating recipes for the various weapon types. For that reason alone I would expect it’d still take a component.

Edit: In the theme of “crafting material that looks like the weapon”, has anyone tried Corrupted Lodestones?

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Corrupted Lodestones are used on the “Jormag’s Breath of Ice”, so i wouldnt expect to see it being used here.

I would say, glacial or charged lodestone. Thats why i asked if anyone had tryed: scroll + coins + ori comp + glacial/charged lodestone.

in Crafting

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

Me and my boyfriend solved that puzzle in the brand(the one with the god shrines and a bunch of ghosts). Sadly the only thing we got was a veteran mob… and not one clue.

Also what are those NPCs in the Charr starting areas that lead you to places yet you gain nothing? There’s one near the AC dungeon (Priory Explorer), one is at the Priory camp next top the dungeon… and one’s at a Charr camp.
I thought if I followd them I’d be lead to a hint. But all they do is dig something and run back( I don’t even get a reward).

I even read all the Priory books hoping for clues… Sadly my order doesn’t teach me much about the stuff I’d like to know. XD

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

I searched all over Black Citadel. There is an NPC that talks about a ghost that shows up at night, and talks about a lost book (something “… of the fallen”, i forgot the name). I waited all night and no kitten ghost showd up.

For the love of God, someone just find the kitten recipe! im out of moneys =’(

in Crafting

Eveningstar.7834

I think that books from GW1. In the “Nolani Academy” mission you had to retreave the “Tome of the Fallen” witch is interesting because guardians use tomes.

“The Tome of the Fallen is a sacred tome that was placed in an ancient burial site for the soldiers who died defending the Great Northern Wall.” <- before the Foefire
http://www.guildwiki.org/Tome_of_the_Fallen

The icon does however look like the weapon we’re searching for. So might be worth a shot to investigate when that event spawns.

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

It is not an Event.

I found the NPC inside Black Citadel, its called Jorg “something”. Its on the bottom left corner, on some ruins. Talk to him and say the 1st option.

They say there are searching for “The Tome of the Fallen”, but they have yet to find it. They say a ghost spawns at night, but they are unable to talk to him. I think they also say the Ghost might have some clues on how to find the Tome.

Ima get some cofe, ill just camp those Ruins for the next 5hours, HELL YEAH!!
Ign: Lothur, Desolation EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Trollface.9186

Trollface.9186

Maybe Gift of History + Ori Gs blades + scroll + coins ?

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

“Maybe Gift of History + Ori Gs blades + scroll + coins ?”

I can’t try couse i have no money. If someone has the Gift of History would be nice to see if it fits in.

SO: We found the ghost, and he told us (well not me, Eveningstar) to find the book and bring it to him. It is “The Tome of the Fallen”. They are searching for it on the ruins, but if might not be there. People should also try to search for it where it was back in GW1. (get into Anet mind, we must think like them, sneaky sneaky Anet <-<)

Edit: Credit for finding the Ghost goes for Eveningstart, she got there 1st)

They say the book its magical, and it wast said that we could turn people into Ghosts even before the Foefire event.

3 things we can get from here:

1-There is an high possibility that this is the clue for the Foefire’s weapon.
2- Maybe “The Tome of the Fallen” is the clue itself. Like Trollface said, Gift of History looks like a book, and its magical, so maybe it fits with the Scroll and Coins.
3- Maybe this was just a random NPC talk and the dev are laughing at us couse we are searching it <_<

(edited by Arcanis.2437)

in Crafting

Eveningstar.7834

Gift of Ascalon doesn’t work… Might be Gift of History. But I really have no idea! XD

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Eveningstar.7834

Sorry for the double post.
Here’s what the magical ghost said:

P.S.: I’ll cry if we’re way off! XD

Attachments:

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Hmm. Where that Ghost died? At the wall? Do Ghosts like that one stay where they died?

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

waited all night at the same spot, but ghost didnt spawn. Am i bugged or is it random? Weird!

Attachments:

in Crafting

Eveningstar.7834

Well sadly to get to the Tome we’d have to get on the other side of the wall twoards Haunted Nolany… And there’s no way to get there concidering all those invisible walls.

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

From one side, it ports you back to Black Citadel, from the other side its closed couse of the Ghosts. The Graveyard where we were ment to drop the Tome back in GW1 is gone.

Without some divine help with the clues, or someone being lucky experimenting with the MF, i dont see us getting this weapon that soon.

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Sry for double post, can’t edit the one before.

I just found this on Reddit.
http://imgur.com/a/bw7L3

Maybe these types of “Clues” Anet was talking about?

Are “Book Carts” bound to Divinitys Reach only?
I feel we are doing some progress now.

Todays mission = search all Citys for Book Carts, and read them =)

in Crafting

Posted by: Stadig.7325

Stadig.7325

Just so you know. There are a lot of books in Durmand priory as well. Down in the library part..

in Crafting

lejean.9615

I guess that Linsey is reading that thread and ROFLing to us hardly, cuz real recipe is to combine 4 random rare greatswords xD

But, on topic, books might be good idea..if that recipe even exists anywhere.

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

The recipe exists, its confirmed.

The “Clues” to find it are the problem.

Yah, probably the Devs are laughting at us, couse we might (or not) be chacing the wrong clues =/

About the Durmand Priory, I’m going there next, ill just search them for something to do with the “Foefire”.

in Crafting

lejean.9615

Gift of History contains Gift of Ascalon…we need someone to try it out.

in Crafting

Eveningstar.7834

I read all the priory books way back and I didn’t find anything. :/

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

I tryed all “Book Carts” in Divinitys and nothing. They only say “book on display blalabla….”

Hmm….. no Clues to chace, no idea what to do now.

Last hope on people experimenting =/

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

From what people been telling me, the only Gifts that can be used on the Mystic Forge are those craft by professions.

So, having this in mind we should disregard the Gift of Magic (in my opinion).

From the crafted Gifts, the only ones who really stand out as a possible combination to “Foefire’s” are the Gift of History and Gift of Energy (but not as much as Gift of History).

There 3 other crafted Gifts that use “Gift of Ascalon” when crafted:
Gift of Light
Gift of Darkness
Gift of Lightning

So if anyone have these plz see if they can fit with the Eldrish Scroll.

(dunno why, but i cant edit my posts if there is no other post after mine, must be a bug)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Someone on my server made the shield, but he didn’t want to share the recipe

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Someone on my server made the shield, but he didn’t want to share the recipe

Guess what, people suck.

That didnt surprise me at all.

People on this thread working hard to get it, and some punk gets it and dosent share thee recipe like what?
Are you going to be the only one with it? Sooner or later people will have so why dont you share?

No words.

in Crafting

lejean.9615

“Someone on my server made the shield, but he didn’t want to share the recipe”

Are you surprised? I am not. But that means, that it must require gift, cuz he would say “throw 4 weapons” recipe, so we are on good way. I bet It’s g. of history. If no, then…of darkness maybe, cuz ghosts are dark?

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Ghosts are Blue xD Gift of Color FTW!!! JK XDDD

Probably Gift of History or Gift of Energy (couse it uses 250 from each Dust, wich drop from ghosts =P)

in Crafting

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

What if it’s not on the other side of the wall? What if it’s moved as the ghost says in your description? Remember, he says that his comrades died at the wall but he ran…what if he died @ the graveyard with the book and is just wandering.

in Crafting

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

lejean, was it for sure a different shield then the one you can get from ascalon catacombs?

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

What if it’s not on the other side of the wall? What if it’s moved as the ghost says in your description? Remember, he says that his comrades died at the wall but he ran…what if he died @ the graveyard with the book and is just wandering.

I checked the place where the graveyard was back in GW1 and the graveyard is no longer there. (“Tome of the Fallen” was a mission in GW1, called Naoli Academy. The bonus mission was to get the tome and bring it to a graveyard).

I have no idea wich other graveyards are there =S

in Crafting

Posted by: Tveno.8014

Tveno.8014

I went to Watchman Pramas as a Human to see if he said anything different. He didn’t. However I noticed he has abilities over his head.

Why would ArenaNet add this unless he could potentially become hostile at some point? Is he killable?

I also noticed a Charr nearby who you can talk to. He says he has trained the devourers nearby to search and dig for shiny Ascalonian treasures to sell. Could they potentially find the Tome for you?

Attachments:

(edited by Tveno.8014)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

We seem pretty stuck on it being related to Ascalon. Has anyone tried to see if the AC weapons combine with mystic coins?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dmorin.9543

Dmorin.9543

in Crafting

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

Pramas is a living, breathing GW1 reference. …Well, not so much living and breathing. See here.

So I’m thinking he’s 100% unrelated to all this.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

this thread is great. i too would love to have either the hammer or the greatsword. will put forth my efforts as well to help try looking for hints and clues. am nowhere near being able to test recipes yet but when i can, i’ll defs try stuff out too.

good luck to all! and appreciate everyone sharing the info here. : )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Velladin.2578

Velladin.2578

Where is the Priory base? Maybe there are clues there. Also, the charr have lands north of the wall. Perhaps there is something there too?

in Crafting

lejean.9615

Wait! What about http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/9433-gift-s-of-light

That gift requires charged lodestones….charged… And those spectral weapons looking like, uhm, charged weapons

edit: that gift is used to create legendary GREATSWORD, too. But
edit2: my ideas: each of spectral weapons might need diferent gifts OR just same gift and different weapon components.

(edited by lejean.9615)

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Like i said before, my guts tells me its Gift of History.

Gift of Energy seems good to couse it uses 250x each of the top 4 dusts. Dusts drop from Ghosts. So you see…..

Regarding the Gift of Light, its also a possibility, but it seems more likely to be used on the Conjured Elemental Hammer =S

We just need people that allready have those Gifts to see if they fit with the Eldrish Scroll.

Ask arround your friends and guildmates!

(edited by Arcanis.2437)

in Crafting

Posted by: Trollface.9186

Trollface.9186

I’m thinking to craft the Gift of History, but if it won’t match with anything at the forge I think I’ll be done with GW2.

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

I’m thinking to craft the Gift of History, but if it won’t match with anything at the forge I think I’ll be done with GW2.

Do not do it mate.

Ask arround on map chat, ask your friends, your guild mates.

Im sure someone in your server has Gift of History, ask them to see if it fits with the Scroll.

in Crafting

lejean.9615

“I’m thinking to craft the Gift of History, but if it won’t match with anything at the forge I think I’ll be done with GW2.”

Science needs sacrifices If you won’t do that, who will do?

in Crafting

Eveningstar.7834

I’m willing to craft the gft with no side effects! XD
I’ll need to lvl my tailoring tho. I don’t mind giving 10 gold to buy the recepie and than get everything else. But tailoring might take a while. XD Unles someone wants to donate tailoring mats. XD

But yeah I’ll go for it if we really want to try it out.

Miia~ GoM

in Crafting

Arcanis.2437

Its a longshot =/

If indeed it uses a Gift, it would be the History one, but we are not sure =S

I would try it but im out of skill points, need to farm 30 more lvls.

in Crafting

Posted by: Velladin.2578

Velladin.2578

I would not mind crafting the gift as my tailoring is at max level but I will need the mats. I have some of them and I have about 100 tokens left on me so ill start running ac
To get the 500 tokens. I have the place on farm with my guild.
If anyone is interested, pm me.

What would the recipe look like? Gift of history + 250 ectos + 250 ori great blade + scroll?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

I would not mind crafting the gift as my tailoring is at max level but I will need the mats. I have some of them and I have about 100 tokens left on me so ill start running ac
To get the 500 tokens. I have the place on farm with my guild.
If anyone is interested, pm me.

What would the recipe look like? Gift of history + 250 ectos + 250 ori great blade + scroll?

If it does indeed require a Gift, I’d speculate that it to be: scroll + gift + mystic coins + ori weapon components

in Crafting

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

There’s no rules that say the ingredients must be expensive or difficult to attain.

I’ve been thinking about “Trophy” items. AKA “junk”. But even though these items go straight to a vendor with the ‘sell junk’ button, they still have a place on the Trading Post. Why would that be?