Forge needs a Nerf. Too many precursors.

in Crafting

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

5 precursors in 50 forges

http://youtu.be/sGWCHOR3a1w

in Crafting

Posted by: LeoWolfish.8917

LeoWolfish.8917

Then you were lucky more than anything. From what I can tell a lot of people are having trouble just getting one precursor based on previous comments. Sell them for gold maybe?

Astra Ferndale – female Charr Mesmer of the Ash legion.

in Crafting

Posted by: chewienl.9804

chewienl.9804

im currently ovr 4k forges and still no pre-cursor, so stop asking for a nerf as im sure theres people with even more forge uses then me without luck

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

There is only broken RNG everywhere.

Streaks everywhere..
Someday people will notice that despite we tend to notice only rare occurences, its becoming too obvious for occurencies that should be rare to be instead the norm.

I personally get almost no exotics from forge… like 50 attempts 1 random exotic.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Why can’t I have your rng?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sumusikoo.1360

Sumusikoo.1360

Can someone explain to me how to craft the percursors? I’ve had so many exotics that I sold for 1 gold… Also how much are precursors worth?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just when you thought it was safe to cross a bridge…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

such bragging. it does make me want to waste my 400g on the mf though :P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

let me try to explain this to you…

image we ppl with to much gold ( i think i saw you had 6k gold) would be rich irl ( like some 10mil about)

so if we woud go and spend each day..lets say 10k € on buying lottery tickets, then of course we wound win more often the grand prize of some millions then these normal/poor people

you see the difference ? let these poor guys save their ernings to blow them once a month into toilet what we do each day

in Crafting

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

so now that you are rich thanks to rng u want that rng nerfed so that others can’t have a chance at getting rich , lol go kitten yourself

in Crafting

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

^ Ditto. This thread serves no purpose other than as a display of vanity.

in Crafting

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

You think I really want forge nerfed lol. Was a joke. Sorry, I didn’t realise the forums could only be used to complain about bad luck at the forge, If I had known, I’d have used a more sorrowful soundtrack, perhaps some celine dion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

^ Ditto. This thread serves no purpose other than as a display of vanity.

I disagree….he could just be chumming the waters for a lark.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: mike.5476

mike.5476

I just started throwing hammers in the forge last week to get the colosus. 300+ gold gone with no return.

in Crafting

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

The RNG of this game is too weird really.
It’s like me and my mate doing fractal dailies. He always get an ascended chest, which is ALWAYS or boots or gloves, he has like 30+ ascended armorchest pieces of that kind, and ONLY those. He gets mad everytime and clain Anet knows well how to troll ppl.
And me, i never got a single anything at all since they got introduced.

It’s like that guy who got Zap three times in a row forging for science, or my friend that dropped The Bard and The Lover in dungeons, 5 days distance one from the other and nothing in ages (he plays since release, like 8k hours ./age – I mean, it’s a lot of gameplay time…. -) before nor after that.

I can understand RNG is random but it appears definitely broken…

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in Crafting

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

I think someone should start a google doc of the last 4 digits on people’s accts that have unearthly good luck. Maybe track a few other things if we can find it like the day of the week they made their account etc.

There’s been times in games before where some bug caused drastic different results based on some innocuous profile property.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Im pretty happy with how the forge is really. Grats on your good luck run.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Streaks everywhere..
Someday people will notice that despite we tend to notice only rare occurences, its becoming too obvious for occurencies that should be rare to be instead the norm.

I personally get almost no exotics from forge… like 50 attempts 1 random exotic.

There’s something in gaming called “Streak Breaker” code.
It can be used to stop unlucky people from Rage-Quitting games.
It’s very simple to program. And any company who doesn’t put that extra effort in, is inviting their players to “Suffer” or look on as someone much luckier than them makes threads like these. Not implying Anet doesn’t know how to program either, obviously with their “Anti-Farm” coding that penalizes us for getting good drops in the same area for too long, they obviously are already fans of programming this sort of thing in to stop “certain Streaks”. …..and no this wasn’t something they came up with to fight bots, it actually was added to Gw1 atleast a year or 2 before farming bots even existed.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

cannot actually see very well on this phone so ill take your word for it

i get your humor op and it doesnt feel like gloating… this just shows me that the forge is very random and i like that

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I just dumped 200g worth of rares into the forge and got only 4 exos back… Gratz on your luck :/

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I just started throwing hammers in the forge last week to get the colosus. 300+ gold gone with no return.

So, you have spent 300 gold trying to get an 800 gold item and haven’t got it yet. If you could get the Colossus for 300 gold reliably do you know what its price on the TP would be?

in Crafting

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I just put 4 exotics in the MF and I saw the Spark icon. My heart skipped a beat. Turns out it was Usoku’s needle. I cried myself to sleep.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

Streaks everywhere..

There’s something in gaming called “Streak Breaker” code.
It can be used to stop unlucky people from Rage-Quitting games.
It’s very simple to program. And any company who doesn’t put that extra effort in, is inviting their players to “Suffer” or look on as someone much luckier than them makes threads like these. Not implying Anet doesn’t know how to program either, obviously with their “Anti-Farm” coding that penalizes us for getting good drops in the same area for too long, they obviously are already fans of programming this sort of thing in to stop “certain Streaks”. …..and no this wasn’t something they came up with to fight bots, it actually was added to Gw1 atleast a year or 2 before farming bots even existed.

more then one time i thought that this kind of algorithm exist but i’m not completely sure. For example i spent 2k gold in the mystic forge without a single precursor drop, after that i sold EVERY kitten in my bank to waste another 200-300g in the MF i was really broke i had like 5 or 6s and no precursor. This episode make me think that your theory is wrong. But, another time i spent all my money in the MF again, like 1000g, without any drop till the last 3 attempts, 2 dawn and a the hunter back-to-back. So i don’t really know what to think.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

in Crafting

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

~looks at signature~

“Skjold Pjod – TC [BOMB] [NvUs] [GoNe]
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
294 Precursors forged and counting.”

~Cries forever~

294 precursors to one account, grats to you but kitten to us.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

And now we know who Zommoros really favors. I knew he played favorites. j/k

Seriously though any tips on what not to do and what to do for efficiency/gold-savings sake?

Congratulations on being the luckiest furry kitten in the game.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Crafting

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

Looks like the higher price of exo’s pays off

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

in Crafting

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

A feature of random sequences are streaks, droughts, long leads, etc. A sequence that had similar results every group sampled would probably not be random!

in Crafting

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Congrats on the pres and your luck, but don’t be an big a——hole about it.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I want to start trying for a precursor, but I’m afraid if I start throwing gold into the forge I won’t stop.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

What we have here is indirect boasting disguised with false modesty on top of making a suggestion that would harm our pursuits.

It’s a distasteful and tacky way to flaunt.