How many legendaries do you plan on making?

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I know legendaries are only for prestige, but by now, I don’t think 1 is enough to be considered truly ‘legendary’ anymore. If just for renown, how many legendaries do you plan on making? I’m leaning towards making another one but the grind for those mats and precursor is so tedious I dunno if I have the patience for it.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Four. I have three already.

I quite simply don’t have the desire to do map completion a 3rd time.

Unless of course they come out with new legendaries…

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Why do you need to do map completion 3 times? Each time you do it, it gives you 2 exploration tokens and a legendary only requires 1. I plan on doing prolly 2. By the time i’m done with that, ESO will prolly be out

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Vol.5241

Why do you need to do map completion 3 times? Each time you do it, it gives you 2 exploration tokens and a legendary only requires 1. I plan on doing prolly 2. By the time i’m done with that, ESO will prolly be out

Each map completion gives you two tokens, so doing map completion twice will allow you no more than four legendaries. If you want more, you need to do map completion again.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

True but you said you got 3 legendaries already and want to make 1 more for a total of 4. That means you would need to do map completion 2 times for a total of 4 explorer tokens for 4 legendaries. Don’t need to do the 3rd map completion unless you plan on making 5-6 legendaries. Or maybe i misread that as in you only will do 4 since you don’t want to do map completion a 3rd time…regardless the grind for precursors atm is just a big turnoff which is kinda why i’ll make 1 more prolly since i got 1 already unless i get bored and something new comes out

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

in Crafting

Leo Paul.1659

3 legendaries already? I can’t even grasp how you guys managed to make so many!

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

No job, no wife, no life? Other than that i can’t see it either unless you whip out the plastic and buy gold or you used the godskull weapon exploit back when the game was new and stocked up on precursors and now are unloading em and using the cash to buy mats.

Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

True but you said you got 3 legendaries already and want to make 1 more for a total of 4. That means you would need to do map completion 2 times for a total of 4 explorer tokens for 4 legendaries. Don’t need to do the 3rd map completion unless you plan on making 5-6 legendaries. Or maybe i misread that as in you only will do 4 since you don’t want to do map completion a 3rd time…regardless the grind for precursors atm is just a big turnoff which is kinda why i’ll make 1 more prolly since i got 1 already unless i get bored and something new comes out

That’s why he said he’s only doing 4 and not 5. He’s already done 2 map completions and doesn’t want to make a 3rd…. thus 4 only.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Just one (dern login badge) unless they make new ones that are more achievement oriented and less tp oriented.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

just one, if I had known how precursors develop I wouldn’t even have started it. But now I got all 3 gifts and giving up is not my way

in Crafting

Leo Paul.1659

Just one (dern login badge) unless they make new ones that are more achievement oriented and less tp oriented.

Yea the process by which we can get legendaries right now doesn’t feel legendary at all. I want prestige but currently, people who wield more than 1 legendary seems to be perceived more as just ‘rich’ (TP players) than skilled. Thus, it doesn’t seem that glorified to see them have 3 or 4. Most people would simply dismiss you as a ‘rich boy’ or a ‘TP player’ or just very very lucky than genuinely impressed or awed.

Legendaries don’t really bring the ‘wow!’ factor that it should based on its description at the moment imho.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Crafting

Vol.5241

Yup that’s what I meant. As soon as I hit four I’m done, if I want anymore I’d have to suck it up and do map completion, but I’ll only do that if we have new skins come out.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

They’re good at TP manipulation, or lucked out in the big Karka Lottery.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Vol.5241

No job, no wife, no life? Other than that i can’t see it either unless you whip out the plastic and buy gold or you used the godskull weapon exploit back when the game was new and stocked up on precursors and now are unloading em and using the cash to buy mats.

Nope, I have a 9-5 job, a few years removed from university. Proof I made it and didn’t buy it for real $.

http://imgur.com/a/bmAox

I don’t think you realize just how expensive it would cost for someone to buy a legendary from gem to gold sales.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Leo Paul.1659

They’re good at TP manipulation, or lucked out in the big Karka Lottery.

This is my point exactly at my last post. Legendaries should hold enough prestige that we shouldn’t be gearing towards several just to be impressive. 1 Legendary should be enough to make one feel legendary. Would it have been better if Legendaries were locked at 1 per character? (or 2 at most)

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’m getting close to finishing my first, The Moot. After that, I’d like to make Frostfang, the Bifrost, The Dreamer, and Sunrise, but we’ll see. I seem to want all the expensive ones. I think Quip would be fun on my engineer, but the precursor for that shot waaaaay up. I don’t know if I’ll ever get all of these, but having them as a someday maybe goal keeps me playing. I’ll be standing around bored thinking about logging off, then realize I could be farming Orr for some materials.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Nope, I have a 9-5 job, a few years removed from university. Proof I made it and didn’t buy it for real $.

I don’t think you realize just how expensive it would cost for someone to buy a legendary from gem to gold sales.

What does it proof? There’re hundreds of Gold sellers, you could just buy gold and buy the mats from that.

Lets be honest 99% of Legendaries are made of either bug abuse or gold sellers. Other 1% is no life grinding or luck.

(Except if you just finished one by now)

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Crafting

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

Just 1 for me. Getting close to making Frostfang. I have the clovers and Gift of Mastery done, that parts that require you to play the game. Now I just need the other parts that require gold and farming gold just isn’t very fun.

in Crafting

Vol.5241

What does it proof? There’re hundreds of Gold sellers, you could just buy gold and buy the mats from that.

Lets be honest 99% of Legendaries are made of either bug abuse or gold sellers. Other 1% is no life grinding or luck.

It’s proof that I didn’t buy it straight from the TP. Those three legendaries still cost approximately 3m karma and 1500 badges, so it was hard work.

As for buying gold and buying the other mats, I can’t prove otherwise. If you strongly believe I bought gold feel free to report me.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

It’s proof that I didn’t buy it straight from the TP. Those three legendaries still cost approximately 3m karma and 1500 badges, so it was hard work.

As for buying gold and buying the other mats, I can’t prove otherwise. If you strongly believe I bought gold feel free to report me.

The badges, karma, and map exploration are the “easy/least time consuming” parts of acquiring a legendary when not buying things off the tp. The “hard/most time consuming” parts are the rng, t6, ectos, lodestones, etc…

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

I know legendaries are only for prestige, but by now, I don’t think 1 is enough to be considered truly ‘legendary’ anymore. If just for renown, how many legendaries do you plan on making? I’m leaning towards making another one but the grind for those mats and precursor is so tedious I dunno if I have the patience for it.

I plan to make 1. After that time, I will decide if the time to make it was worth it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

4x Incinerators but that is just a plan. I have no intention of finishing it. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

4x Incinerators but that is just a plan. I have no intention of finishing it. :P

Are you General Grievous….?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

Zero. I really could care less about them, and the Ranger legendaries aren’t really doing it for me either. The ones we have now, that is. Maybe in the future I’ll change my mind.

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Own 3, very soon 4.
How many I plan to make though? who knows, I craft them on a whim.

I already made a topic before how long it took me to get the 3rd one, which is probably less time than the haters /age.
Got a wife, a proper job, I play whenever I feel like it, I simply enjoy accomplishing goals I set for myself, and know how to properly manage my time, rather than waste it killing mobs or farming dungeons.
I got nothing to hide, but I don’t own anyone answers on what I do and how I play.

Lately I’ve been doing all kind of things in game, and couldn’t but wonder how 90% of the people I group up with suck at this game. They’re so bad that I’m not even surprised anymore how everyone come to these forums to complain about everything to be handed to them.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Irakaz.8964

Irakaz.8964

Originally I wanted Bifrost, but now I just want The Juggernaut and The Predator for my Warrior. Once Ive collected all the mats I’ll have to decide if I spend future gold on the precursors, or getting The Anomaly and Whisperblade for my mesmer.

in Crafting

Leo Paul.1659

Own 3, very soon 4.
How many I plan to make though? who knows, I craft them on a whim.

I already made a topic before how long it took me to get the 3rd one, which is probably less time than the haters /age.
Got a wife, a proper job, I play whenever I feel like it, I simply enjoy accomplishing goals I set for myself, and know how to properly manage my time, rather than waste it killing mobs or farming dungeons.
I got nothing to hide, but I don’t own anyone answers on what I do and how I play.

Lately I’ve been doing all kind of things in game, and couldn’t but wonder how 90% of the people I group up with suck at this game. They’re so bad that I’m not even surprised anymore how everyone come to these forums to complain about everything to be handed to them.

Well if you’ve got a good tip on how to make so much gold it’ll help lessen so much qq everywhere about them? At least I would. Really, I was able to make 1 legendary and it took me so much time and effort and I’m happy with it but to make 4 I feel requires a lot of good luck if it is from MF. Or it just means you play the TP well, and as per my previous comment about it, both reasons are kinda antitheses to what a legendary should be. It should connote a sense of how well you are as a player, not as a businessman or something.

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

I don’t play the TP.
But I did take advantage of the low end market on release to get to where I am today. (not high end mats wise, like I said, I do not relist items on the TP)
I can guarantee that a new account will not be able to achieve what I achieved today, thanks to smart choices I made through my playtime.

If I had to start day 1 in this game today? I’d probably quit before I know it.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Leo Paul.1659

I don’t play the TP.
But I did take advantage of the low end market on release to get to where I am today. (not high end mats wise, like I said, I do not relist items on the TP)
I can guarantee that a new account will not be able to achieve what I achieved today, thanks to smart choices I made through my playtime.

If I had to start day 1 in this game today? I’d probably quit before I know it.

I see. Now I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

At the moment, 0. None of the Legendaries really appeal to me aesthetically, so I see no need to spend that much time and money just to get a badge. (I don’t PvP either, so it’s not like I’ll ever be able to unlock all the badges.)

Perhaps in the future if ANet releases more Legendaries that catch my fancy, I might change my mind. I’m stockpiling karma and gold just for that eventuality.

in Crafting

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Im not going to make any of the current legendary weapons, I prefer to collect resources and wait for new weapons (or armors) to be added.

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Im not going to make any of the current legendary weapons, I prefer to collect resources and wait for new weapons (or armors) to be added.

Pritty much this. I’m not selling any mats whatsoever. I’m holding out for the good stuff.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadow Novus.7321

Shadow Novus.7321

Just 1. Sunrise.
Though I’ve wanted to just say “screw it” to making Sunrise so, many, times, because I felt like I was never getting much closer (I’m always the unluckiest kitten in mmos when it comes to drops and getting money), but at this point I’m so close I need to see it through. But I have to tell you, at this point in time, getting 100 charged lodestones and the precursor (Dawn) is VERY discouraging. And I need about 47 more clovers…

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

So much optimism.
Given the chance, you’d steal a legendary for a significantly lower price.

Keep waiting for another year+. Ah right… you don’t “care”.

lol…

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Are you General Grievous….?

D/D Thief + D/D Elementalist
Although recently I’ve found that for ele it is much better for me to not have pair daggers since I prefer to equip them in a certain order. With different skins I can swap between D/D and staff without having to check if I have the right dagger.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zileve.2089

Zileve.2089

I did my one and done. Bifrost is all I need…

Until something comes along that I like of course.

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I’m going to do 2 eventually, but first I’ll finish The Dreamer. After it’s done, I’ll probably buy some high-end exotics and then start to grind for that second legendary, that my alt will get. Maybe Bolt or Sunrise or then one of the coming legendarys.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: gemmy.7415

gemmy.7415

I got my bifrost done a few weeks back, now im working on bolt.
Then my meser is happy

in Crafting

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

Accusing people like Vol and FireGoth of buying gems, or using the bugs that existed early on is just plain sad. Suck it up people. I’m a casual player who has played since launch, and I started working towards my legendary about 3 and a half weeks ago. I’m already 48% of the way there. I made a spreadsheet that takes into account everything I need (including tokens for dungeon gift, BoH etc) except for the precursor.

On weekdays I only play an hour or two at most to get my daily, and on the weekends I play all the time unless I’m travelling. Doing my daily in Orr each day has got me tonnes of the mats I need. I have most of the wood planks I need for the gift of wood and nearly half the tier 6 mats. 3 and a half weeks people?! Why are you being such kittenes? It isn’t hard!

If you are buying all your mats on the trading post, you’re making the process a lot less legendary for yourselves. Get yourself a MF set, wipe away the tears and get into Orr.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

At the beginning I wanted to have Eternity, but that’s too much effort for me, so now I’m going just for Twilight. I got almost all the gifts except for Gift of Magic, I’m not actively working on it, though, just waiting for the scavenger hunt and throwing some GS to the mystic forge from time to time.

in Crafting

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

make ALL of the legendaries. meme reference

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Just one. If its ever gonna happen. WvW is not much rewarding

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

Accusing people like Vol and FireGoth of buying gems, or using the bugs that existed early on is just plain sad. Suck it up people. I’m a casual player who has played since launch, and I started working towards my legendary about 3 and a half weeks ago. I’m already 48% of the way there. I made a spreadsheet that takes into account everything I need (including tokens for dungeon gift, BoH etc) except for the precursor.

On weekdays I only play an hour or two at most to get my daily, and on the weekends I play all the time unless I’m travelling. Doing my daily in Orr each day has got me tonnes of the mats I need. I have most of the wood planks I need for the gift of wood and nearly half the tier 6 mats. 3 and a half weeks people?! Why are you being such kittenes? It isn’t hard!

If you are buying all your mats on the trading post, you’re making the process a lot less legendary for yourselves. Get yourself a MF set, wipe away the tears and get into Orr.

Not necessarily accusing but like Firegoth even said, he made his cash early in the game which couldn’t be done today. Alot of the people tho tha have multiple legendaries tho did get the precursors from exploits or shady deals.

And as for being 48% done, what legendary are you making? Not all of em are equal. Like when i made Kudzu, it was pretty easy. No need for lodestones so that alone cut down on about 150g in onyx lodestones or over 300g in charged lodestones. So 48% can mean squat since Gift of mastery is pretty much free and you make something like Gift of energy for a Bifrost or meteorlogicus, that’s pretty cheap as well. Stuff like Gift of Twilight or Gift of Sunrise, yeah those are expensive as well as Gift of fortune. Again, depends on the legendary cause they are not all equal in cost of production.

But anyways like i said, i personally am not necessarily accusing either of them 2 for exploiting but 3 or 4 legendaries in 5 months of the games release meant they got precursors early on or got lucky cause right now, unless you made one of the cheaper ones(which are still around 150g+ precursors), you are looking at 600g+ for each precursor x3 or 4 alone.

Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

At the beginning I wanted to have Eternity, but that’s too much effort for me, so now I’m going just for Twilight. I got almost all the gifts except for Gift of Magic, I’m not actively working on it, though, just waiting for the scavenger hunt and throwing some GS to the mystic forge from time to time.

Pretty much same here for bifrost for me. Got Gift of mastery done, 90 ecto short of finishing Gift of fortune, Gift of Energy done, Half of Gift of Color done and need the 100 icy runestones and the dreaded precursor(which is kind of the reason im not even rushing since 650g is more than i really want to grind and i don’t feel like nerdraging on the MF).

Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Vol.5241

Not necessarily accusing but like Firegoth even said, he made his cash early in the game which couldn’t be done today. Alot of the people tho tha have multiple legendaries tho did get the precursors from exploits or shady deals.

And as for being 48% done, what legendary are you making? Not all of em are equal. Like when i made Kudzu, it was pretty easy. No need for lodestones so that alone cut down on about 150g in onyx lodestones or over 300g in charged lodestones. So 48% can mean squat since Gift of mastery is pretty much free and you make something like Gift of energy for a Bifrost or meteorlogicus, that’s pretty cheap as well. Stuff like Gift of Twilight or Gift of Sunrise, yeah those are expensive as well as Gift of fortune. Again, depends on the legendary cause they are not all equal in cost of production.

But anyways like i said, i personally am not necessarily accusing either of them 2 for exploiting but 3 or 4 legendaries in 5 months of the games release meant they got precursors early on or got lucky cause right now, unless you made one of the cheaper ones(which are still around 150g+ precursors), you are looking at 600g+ for each precursor x3 or 4 alone.

Laughable. Just cause we bought a legendary that was half what it is now doesn’t matter. Back then, it was at market value. When I bought my bifrost it had a value at around 140g. When I bought my Sunrise, it had a value of around 400g.

Now, you have a Dusk valued at 600g. Let’s suppose 6 months down the road it’s now 1200g – how would you feel when people accuse you later on that you got ‘lucky’. I’d feel pretty dumbfounded that people would get bitter over such a reasonable thing.

No one got lucky in paying market price at that time.

And making blanket statements that all multiple legendary holders abused some feature just shows your affinity to generalize people. But hey, I do it too.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

I must correct your statement, I made the right choices through my gameplay at the early low end market, that is true.
But I did not buy any precursors or made heavy profit from it directly.

I farmed my commander title on first week past release, farmed, that’s right.
I got a knack to understand how things work, and earning fast gold is among these things. But I’m also very diligent, which lead me to where I am in the game today.

So I did not take the easy way at any point in the game.
Had to make that clear.

P.S
Right now I’m buying a precursor for its current value, I point this out to show you that when I got a goal, I don’t care how high the bar is set. I’ll get it done.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

make ALL of the legendaries. meme reference

That is my other plan(mostly because of the achievement and being a completionist) but I still have too much sanity to start. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: TheBurrito.9314

TheBurrito.9314

To be honest, I would love to make 8….All armor pieces and at least a primary weapon. I would have a set where I am completely legendary. The bad part is, I would have to make a map completion 4 times, which I haven’t even finished my first one. If anything, I will probably sell them and just use exotic ones.

My reason is, I would rather have lots of money and have someone else be pleased, with good quality armor. What I would keep, would be one legendary for all my characters. Probably some weapon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

A big fat ZERO.
Zip.
Nada.
Not touching a legendary with a 20-foot pole.
But I’m making another “unique” exotic for the skin, but it’s nowhere near the same hassle… I’m not into self-torture and neither do I succumb to exploits/cheats so this just isn’t my cup of tea.

They should just make a cut-off; e.g. all legendaries made before November 1st to be declared illicit because they (ArenaNet) had some figures as to what time/effort it should take and that it was in no way possible (without cheating/exploiting) to do it in that time…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Crafting

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Yet another thread as an example as to why legendaries should not be tied in any way to gold and instead should be rewards for in game achievements of difficult content.