Legendary skins

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

OK, so…Twilight looks like the only Legendary weapon along with Sunrise IMO.
Meteorlogicus is very nice as well, but the rest as I’ve seen are disspointing.

This is a serious question now which I hope will be answered by a dev and I’m sure there are others wondering about this as well:

Why does the staff have rainbow glows ? I’m sorry, but it’s literally not meant for an actual necromancer. Necromancer should not use white staffs with rainbow glow and rainbow coloured footsteps.
A staff with the effect of a Twilight would be absolutely perfect for example.

Did the devs not think about this ?
Legendaries is mostly for the skin imo, and also just for the feeling of owning a legendary weapon ofc, but the skin is sooo important I feel like if you play a necromancer as I do, full abyss dyed arah/cof armor, a rainbow glow white staff just looks silly.

Either make 2 versions like Twilight/Sunrise or make a neutral looking staff so it’d look decent with a full white girly ele/mesmer -.- or a scary necromancer – if you get me.

I love 2-handed weapons (also if I get 1handed legendary I’ll feel the need to get another one to fill the 2nd slot -.-) and I like necromancers – Only choice for me obviously is a legendary staff…

Isn’t this endgame all about rare skins etc so why do I feel I’m forced into a legendary weapon with a skin which just doesn’t work for me and a lot of other people I know…

Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Suddle D.9412

Suddle D.9412

Anything cosmetic will be liked and disliked by people, as its our nature to have an opinion and like what we like. You can’t really make 1 item that would make everyone happy. That staff would be perfect for my Mesmer, so it goes both ways I guess….

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I think being able to change the color of a weapon might help?

For the staff you reference, possibly the colors you select effect particle effects as well, same would apply for other weapons.

This would make weapons more meaningful to everyone going for them.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

Opinions, ofc there’s opinions.
But you don’t get my point…There’s only ONE legendary staff option and it’s a staff with rainbow glows and effects. And we have necromancers in the game who use staffs.
Just wrong.

I’m not saying they should have made a dark staff with skulls hovering around it…should have made something that would at least make sense on necros as well.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

If I were a mesmer/ele/guardian I’d be ok with the staff. It’s not amazing and but it’s good. Rainbow glow and trail all good idea, but even then they definitely haven’t given it (also many other legendaries such as pistol etc) as much love as they did to greatswords (Got 2 of them lol ). Twilight and Sunrise both look really detailed, on the other The Bifrost does not, at least according to the videos/screens of seen…

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Someone already has Meteorlogicus?? OP has seen it in action? I have not heard anything about this. If someone has a link to a video or something I would love to see it.

Much love,
Madame Moorshade Teknomancer

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

Doesn’t have all of the weapons, nor are they in action, but it does show a good bit of them at least.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: abzoluut.5039

abzoluut.5039

Anything cosmetic will be liked and disliked by people, as its our nature to have an opinion and like what we like. You can’t really make 1 item that would make everyone happy. That staff would be perfect for my Mesmer, so it goes both ways I guess….

So, make it available with two options..

The dye system is great. One can distinguish himself/herself with just another color. As for weapons. Anet definitely did not want them to shine, let alone give us the opportunity to tweak it to our own preferences..

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

My biggest issue with the legendary skins is that there’s only 1 per weapon type so far. Except for greatswords. There’s Sunrise, Twilight, and if you somehow get both, Eternity. The effects on the greatswords are much better than any other legendary in my opinion. All the rest just seem very underwhelming.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Ignarel.7916

Ignarel.7916

You complain about bifrost? I am a thief, we have the dreamer!! Have you ever seen a thief stealing and killing arround with a “my little pony” bow?

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Dysect.4086

Dysect.4086

I am a little dishearten like yourself that Great swords are the only weapons with TWO legendary however I can appreciate each of the legionaries (those that people crafted) for what they are. The dreamer in my case looks good but would a suit a thief? Probably not but its still cool skin it itself and you can see that they took great detail and work on creating these skins. Whose to say they won’t be creating more legendary weapons? I still hold a firm belief the game has more to offer in the upcoming patches & expansions.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

Well I got my Gift of Energy which can make either the Staff or the Scepter…
There’s no way I’m gonna wait for a patch or expansion hoping for new legendaries. (which may require different gifts/whole new recipe) I’m making my legendary now as I got nothing else to do lol.
IMO only 3-4 weapons actually look legendary and it is not hard to make up epic looking weapons sorry, just a bit of imagination I can think of about 10 different legendary looking staffs right now, probably the devs can as well, but they decided to go with the rainbow/unicorn stuff…it’s like some random guy made the staff who didn’t even know the game has a necromancer class.
I’m annoyed…Have a look at the greatswords. I literally want to reroll and go Guardian/warrior so I could use one of those.
Nothing to do with opinions either, rainbow glowy unicorn weapon does not go with a necromancer.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

To the op, this is what they have put in at release. I am sure there will be more added at a latter time.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Dysect.4086

Dysect.4086

IMO only 3-4 weapons actually look legendary and it is not hard to make up epic looking weapons sorry, just a bit of imagination I can think of about 10 different legendary looking staffs right now, probably the devs can as well, but they decided to go with the rainbow/unicorn stuff…it’s like some random guy made the staff who didn’t even know the game has a necromancer class.
I’m annoyed…Have a look at the greatswords. I literally want to reroll and go Guardian/warrior so I could use one of those.
Nothing to do with opinions either, rainbow glowy unicorn weapon does not go with a necromancer.

Really man? No game can cater to everybody needs. You will always have people that aren’t happy with a design / model of something that is clearly subjective to the person. No matter what avenue you take there will be someone playing a Necromancer and would very much love wielding that legendary. If you don’t like it simply opt to obtain another legendary weapon you can wield or play as the class you want to wield the greatsword.

A little over a month has passed since the game’s release one of the director’s I believe (iirc) made a post earlier this week on a blog they were going to publish to let us know what they are currently working on / testing. So we can be in the loop.

On another note, I’m sure creating a legendary wouldn’t be as easy as “Hey I got great idea of a rifle shooting skulls, lets make it — then a week later hey its there”. I’m sure there way more involved on creating one in the technical aspect of it. Even after creating it, then comes the testing of said item to make sure it’s not bugged because hey, who likes to create a legendary and turns out to be so full of bugs.

So don’t get too annoyed and work on something you know you would enjoy.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

I don’t think their art team is that bad that it would take them forever to create a “darker” version of the weapons like the great sword has.
I prersonaly want the staff and greatsword on my guardian, but my necromancer friend is quite unhappy with what is avalable.
The only thing he might make is a trident(snakes everywhere) but he wouldn’t see it 90% of the time.

I don’t think the greatswords should get all the love and I do hope they add more weapons.

Miia~ GoM

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

There are people who would like that staff on a necro yes, but still you don’t get it. You didn’t even read the bold sentence you quoted…

What is a necromancer ? The whole concept etc ? Yeah, get it ?
Now look at the staff.

Might as well give the necromancer fairy wings and a unicorn mount.

How do you not get what I’m saying…I think the staff is DECENT, I do not hate it overall, but there are necromancers on the game and I am one. That staff literally makes no sense for me on a necro, but I’m pretty much forced to get it since I love necro’s and I love staffs and I want to have a legendary weapon.
Rerolling or getting a different weapon would be a waste in many ways.

If I was a elementalist/mesmer/guardian I’d have no problem with the staff at all.

ahh…

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

http://oi45.tinypic.com/oityeq.jpg

How could anyone wield the staff looking like that ? :p

Also the scythe animation when using #1 skill just makes The Bifrost with necros so much better…
Scythe: http://oi45.tinypic.com/33vbxja.jpg

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

So uh I really like Bifrost. Like, love it. A ton. I’d use it on an ele, guardian, necro, whatever. Maybe it’s just because I dig mythology, but whatever.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

I have to agree with the OP. I don’t hate the rainbow and unicorn and bright sunshiney stuff (I’m a gay man after all – I had a good laugh at the unicorn bow that shoots rainbows or whatever and jokingly thought “oooh I need one of those.”.

But it is a really weird direction that they took legendaries for this chapter of the game.

You are going to fight hordes of undead legions and a giant undead dragon oh and your legendary quest will win you this sparkly pony staff.

It just feels a bit out of place and I feel like they sort of missed the mark.

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

Yes that’s what I mean Passive Aggressive.

And Fievre, I understand if you like it and like I said if I was playing mesmer/ele I’d have no problem with it, but I don’t understand why did they make such a weapon with a necromancer in the game. I like necros in GW2 and necromancer in general, death magic, minions etc the whole concept. Now have a quick look at the staff.
It’s just plain wrong.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I can’t express just how bitterly disappointed I am in this staff. How can anyone, especially Anet believe that one skin fits all professions. As a Necromancer I can tell you in all honesty i wouldn’t use this even if it was given to me.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I am disheartened by all the moaning and groaning (i.e. itching with a B at the front) over some players dislike of the FIRST ROUND of Legendary weapons coming out.

Sure some of these skins may look odd on certain types of characters, but based on my past history with Anet and GW1, I will lay money that their artists and designers are already working on additional skins and gathering paths to craft additional Legendary Weapons. Anet has proven in the past that they do listen to their customer base.

So relax. Take it easy. Don’t worry.
That scary “Necro Staff” and “Master Assassin dagger” is on its way (among other assorted implements of epic and legendary destruction).
You just need to exercise patience.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

When I hear directly from Anet that they plan to do justice to the legendary weapons for all professions, then and only then will I…relax. If as you say this was only the first round, they should have been very clear up front about that and saved me and a huge portion of their player base some unnecessary angst.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

There are people who would like that staff on a necro yes, but still you don’t get it. You didn’t even read the bold sentence you quoted…

What is a necromancer ? The whole concept etc ? Yeah, get it ?
Now look at the staff.

Might as well give the necromancer fairy wings and a unicorn mount.

How do you not get what I’m saying…I think the staff is DECENT, I do not hate it overall, but there are necromancers on the game and I am one. That staff literally makes no sense for me on a necro, but I’m pretty much forced to get it since I love necro’s and I love staffs and I want to have a legendary weapon.
Rerolling or getting a different weapon would be a waste in many ways.

If I was a elementalist/mesmer/guardian I’d have no problem with the staff at all.

ahh…

It’s ironic comedy. How many times do you see a sneaky thief pelt you with a flurry of rainbows, unicorns, and dreams?

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

Yep same story with shortbow no doubt.

And don’t tell me to be patient. I’m working on my legendary atm, right now I’m getting the Gifts which are used for all legendaries, because I’m not even sure which 1 I’ll get now, just because legendary staff+necro=stupid. Might go for a GS/hammer and make a new char. Anyway my point is that I am making a legendary now, I will not wait 3-4 months for a new expansion for new legendaries…which might have completely different recipes.

Also I dot need a ‘scary necro staff’, I need a staff without pink glow and rainbow trails…

They got lazy after making the greatswords, hammer (and scepter IMO). Have not seen some other weapons and their effects but GS/hammer are amazing and worth their title/name and also go with well with whatever class you play. They actually stand out and look really good, only way I’ll stand out with The Bifrost is because I’ll look like a twat.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

As a necromancer main, After seeing pictures and videos of the Legendary staff the Bifrost, I’ve come to the conclusion of not getting this legendary weapon for my main.

Mainly because the staff is not up to par with the legendary greatswords in my opinion. I don’t want to be a rainbow-ish staff holding Necromancer with my black/red Arah set or Nightmare Set casting Black Scythes and Grasping Hands it just would not feel right to have that staff, I’d rather have the Nightmare Staff instead which is what I think I’m going for, not as rare but fits my theme much better. I wish we had more options of legendary looks is my point.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the Bifrost is a staff specifically made for the Elementalist, which makes more sense to have that staff with all the different elements casting.

For this very reason I’ve decided to make a Guardian Multi just so I can have it wield Twilight, which is a way more awesome Legendary IMO, just think it’s a shame that my main won’t wield one, even if I can get another Legendary I would never get The Bifrost for my Necro.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: zao.2710

zao.2710

I agree. The point is that necromancers would like some more legendaries, so that the whole struggle and quest of making them would actually make sense in terms of maintaining the dark and gloomy feel about this particular profession. Bifrost, as well as Meteorlogicus (the legendary scepter) might I add, do not fit that well.
Of course dark and gloomy is not a mandatory, go-to necro look, but most people rolling necromancers seem to like it this way, and I am one of them.

Varg Defleshed the devout Necromancer | Desolation EU

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

What about the frost axe legendary? I’t’s probably my WoW days but I usually associate necromancers with a certain freezing coldness kind of thing.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: zao.2710

zao.2710

Yeah, but my main weapons are staff and scepter + dagger, so I don’t really care that much about axes.

Varg Defleshed the devout Necromancer | Desolation EU

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

all the legendaries seem horrible in comparison to the greatswords.just seems like devs like greatswords more and gave all their resources into developing them

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

I thought the Bifrost looked more like a Mesmer weapon than an Elementalist one, myself.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

All they need to is is make it so you shoot rainbow hands of death!!!

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Legendary-skins/first#post364558

made the same topic weeks ago, you can check it for some of the responses and my own opinion.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

That’s a perfectly good reason not to get Bifrost. More people should choose weapons that they think look the coolest or match their armor/theme the best rather than just picking whichever ones are the most expensive.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Aphix.9846

That’s so wrong tho, even having such a legendary weapon in the game with necromancers in it. Not like we get to choose ? We only got one 2-handed weapon and it’s perfect for PvE and WvW imo, but the legendary is absolutely by far the most pointless thing in a necros hand considering who necromancers are and what they do etc.

It does not make sense nor ever will, no dev can come up with a reasonable explanation for why the staff looks like that with necros in the game. The only reason could be that some random guy called Jeff made the staff and was unaware of the necromancer class, that’s the only one. But why did they let Jeff make it anyway ? :/

ye im done.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: SeTHBeaRz.3456

SeTHBeaRz.3456

Thing about Bifrost is the effects are negligible, no modified effects for skills unlike Twilight or Sunrise, it feels subpar to them, yet considered to be in the same category.
Should the devs define the criterias for a weapon to be consider legendary?
Because right now as things are, its inconsistent between all legendaries

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

basically if your class doesn’t use a greatsword then its not as good for the legendaries.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

Do you think that I as an elementalist, want cutesy rainbows all over? My elementalist is a tough looking cookie. He may be a master of the elements, but it is very tough to strike fear in the hearts of anyone with a cute stream of rainbows embodying my character.

It’s the sole reason I roled a warrior. They have really killer looking legendaries. The rest seem strictly designed for females characters. I don’t mind color, but would a hundred times over, enjoy darkness, or fire, or white light, or a little grey cloud that follows me everywhere, and casts useless lightnig bolts whenever i attack. Something….But yes, I definitely feel options are in order.

tldr: As a male elementalist, I have zero desire to be embodied by rainbows either. I’d be all over it for a female character but alas…

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I’m going for Bifrost on my Necro. I think it looks great. I don’t think of cutesy rainbows when I see the animation. I think of frost.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: SeTHBeaRz.3456

SeTHBeaRz.3456

Thing about Bifrost is the effects are negligible, no modified effects for skills unlike Twilight or Sunrise, it feels subpar to them, yet considered to be in the same category.
Should the devs define the criterias for a weapon to be consider legendary?
Because right now as things are, its inconsistent between all legendaries

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Heh I think of Bifrost as more a mesmer weapon … I do not see rainbows suiting my ele very much.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I debating this as well, Necromancer with rainbow stick

Doesn’t appeal to me as well – I’m just waiting for crazy mystic recipe that may look good on Necro

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

completely agree, we have a choice between:
fabulous rainbow staff
“and today the weather is:” scepter
dagger/blowtorch
wolf horn that looks like the most impractical thing ever
ice dragon axe

the only ones that even remotely fit a necro are the ones that nobody uses.

incinerator would look AMAZING if the fire effects were changed to our classes effects (purple fire and butterflies for mesmers, attunement themed effects for elementalists, black, green and locusty for necros, that sort of thing)

in fact, why don’t all classes have a class specific legendary?
why not make the legendary, and then throw it in the mystc forge with some other things to make it look better for a certain class? hell maybe just add somemore Gifts of X themed to classes
(eg, incinerator + “gift of the shadow” + “gift of the plague” + “gift of blood” = “necromaner’s incinerator”)

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Rainshine.5493

“and today the weather is:” scepter

Yeah, this seems like the elementalist-themed weapon to me … too bad I’m just not all that crazy about the scepter playstyle. Would be totally wasted, especially since I’m kinda indifferent about the design.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Calcifire.1864

@aphix
dat staff :P
what is it acalled and where did you get it?
(it’s disappointing that a non legendary lookks better than a legendary :<)

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

all the legendaries seem horrible in comparison to the greatswords

Uh… You have never seen all Legendaries.

Whenever someone claims that all Legendaries are ugly (or pretty), they are just talking nonsense. No one outside ArenaNet has ever seen all the Legendaries. And no, 3D models without particle effects are far from being enough to know how those weapons look – as a fact, you can barely tell the difference between Sunrise and Twilight based on those models, while we all know those two are very different from each other.

Now, the OP has a very narrow view about how a necromancer has to look like (I’m sure he has a “very unique” look on his character), and he expects the game developers to actually follow his limited opinion when designing the game; needless to say, I’m happy they didn’t.

For those who want darker staffs, there are multiple other staff skins in the game. Considering how the definition of “what looks better” is completely subjective, it’s rather obvious that, for some people, non Legendary skins will look better than Legendary skins.

For those who really want to have a Legendary weapon, there are other types of Legendary weapons in the game, and since no profession is restricted to a single weapon type, everyone has multiple choices of which Legendary to get.

The only issue here, IMO, is player ignorance – the ignorance in assuming that they know how all Legendaries look like (which is factually false) and the ignorance in assuming that their characters can only possibly use a single weapon type (and, of course, the ignorance in assuming that all necromancers should wear black and red while showing Goth hairstyles and being emo all around the place; limiting yourself to obvious stereotypes isn’t exactly the healthiest thing in the world).

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Calcifire.1864

@erasculio
I spread plague
I raise the dead
I leech blood from my enemies and use them to sustain myself
I corrupt the very ground I step upon
I drain life from my enemies and become an avatar of death itself
I can summon swarms of locusts at will
my spell effects are black and green and toxic looking
I use a rainbow sparkles staff

one of these things is not like the others.

necromancers choose the dark skull emo look because that’s what fits te theme of the class, I’m not going to go around screaming “I AM DEATH INARNATE!” whilst dressed like an explosion in a dye factory, the emo look for us is the difference between looking professional, and being a crazy person.
you aren’t complaining that mesmers all have the fabulous stage magician look, you don’t complain that warriors always go for the “giant spiky metal armour” look, or guardians all being knights in shining armour.

as for your attacks on the OP about having “a very narrow view about how a necromancer has to look like (I’m sure he has a “very unique” look on his character), and he expects the game developers to actually follow his limited opinion when designing the game;”
what the hell are we supposed to think? our staff attacks make a dirty great scythe blade made of solidified darkness appaer at the head of the staff, there is no way you can talk about us not doing what the developers intended when we’re forced to have a black scythe by the devs and all of our spell effects are black and green

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Rainshine.5493

@erasculio
I spread plague
I raise the dead
I leech blood from my enemies and use them to sustain myself
I corrupt the very ground I step upon
I drain life from my enemies and become an avatar of death itself
I can summon swarms of locusts at will
my spell effects are black and green and toxic looking
I use a rainbow sparkles staff

one of these things is not like the others.

I actually laughed out loud over this.

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

you aren’t complaining that mesmers all have the fabulous stage magician look, you don’t complain that warriors always go for the “giant spiky metal armour” look, or guardians all being knights in shining armour.

I am. I am complaining about any kind of unreasonable stereotype that leads people to just look like the same.

If you were going to design a character to be a vicious, incredibly smart madman, would you make it to look like something as silly as a child’s clown?

Yet, we have the Joker, one of the most famous comic book characters in the world.

Being capable to go beyond the obvious and to leave stereotypes behind is a good thing. It’s often the difference between being mediocre and being great.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Legendary skins

in Crafting

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

i think OP has strong prejustice and stereotype about his class, influenced by other games/movies/books or w/e else… I can easily imagine a girl in a frilly dress wielding said staff being necromancer. If you paid attention to storyline – Trahearne is necromancer too but he is neither dark nor gloomy, but knowledgeable about undead.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.