Never tell me it's hard to find bro.

in Crafting

Posted by: Riyanto.8197

Riyanto.8197

HERE ARE ALL THE PRECURSORS I FOUND IN THE MYSTIC FORGE!

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

ADDING MORE HOLD ON!:)

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

Added some more, going to eat dinner now got around 10 more!

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

Added some more.

in Crafting

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Tell me you found all these in one-two sittings of less than 5 hours each and I’ll believe you. Otherwise, let us know how many hours and how much gold you’ve spent to get those.

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

Tell me you found all these in one-two sittings of less than 5 hours each and I’ll believe you. Otherwise, let us know how many hours and how much gold you’ve spent to get those.

Some are from one day, some are from 2 weeks ago.

in Crafting

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

How much did you spend for the exotics?

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

So you’ve established precursors can come from the mystic forge? That’s great, but without the number of tries it took all that means nothing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Some are from February, June and this month based on the Living Story Indicators.

OP, you have massive balls

I have enough gold to do what you’re doing but I’m afraid of having a long streak of failures.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

That’s just ridiculous….

What level exotics are you using? Just wondering if that matters….
So far over 550g lost on lvl 76 exotics myself and this thread just makes me sad
And jelly….. so jelly

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

in Crafting

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

That’s just ridiculous….

So far over 550g lost on lvl 76 exotics myself and this thread just makes me sad
And jelly….. so jelly

Higher lvl=higher chance afaik. He’s using a variety of lvl 80 ones, I even see some named ones.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Oh look, someone who has enough money to be able to buy precursors being able to throw enough money in the rng kitten hole to get more precursors.

Rich get richer, poor get poorer.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Crafting

Posted by: TheOne.6123

TheOne.6123

Do me a favor OP and send me one Dusk, i have 3 useless gifts in my bank and no RNG luck like some accounts. Thanks in advance ._.

(edited by TheOne.6123)

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I throw in my mouth a little bit…./sigh

REALLY?!?!?!?

……gratz!

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Wait a minute!

…..Are you an Anet operative trying to convince people to spend gold on exotics and waste in the toilet!?!?!?

…A TP operative better yet!

in Crafting

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

RNG.

Some get it on first try, some never get it. Couldn’t care less if you got 1 or 100, doesn’t really affect my chances.

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Who said anything about them being hard to find? They aren’t hard to find, it’s just the majority of players who still need one don’t have anywhere near the gold or resources to get that many exotics to put into the MF. When you have the amount of exotics you have in those screenshots, the odds were already heavily in your favor. Either that or the RNG has just been kitten for them if they do have that many. People have put 3000+ rares in the MF, and some have put hundreds of exotics in and gotten nothing.

(edited by Woljnir.7810)

in Crafting

Posted by: falchion.3652

falchion.3652

I’ve tried the same with exotics/rares and had a considerable gold sink. I’ve just walked away a few times, probably total losses on it near on 900g.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Don’t forget that there are some players with 10’s of thousands of gold in the bank. They can easily afford to throw away a couple thousand gold worth of exotics into the MF and walk away empty handed or loaded without injury.
If you’re like me and have barely scraped together 100gold, don’t try it. A resulting bad streak of RNG luck could be devastating.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Crafting

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

In all seriousness, congrats… but what is the point of this? This thread offers nothing substantive to the overall knowledge base of precursor acquisition through the mystic forge. Without data on your initial investment, what specifically you bought or crafted to chuck into the forge, rares vs exotics, and net loss or gain, all this thread does is confirm 2 things:

1. You’re Oprah rich
2. Precursors come from the mystic forge

I myself have been insanely lucky with precursors. I know a lot of people who have been insanely unlucky. Again, congrats, and I really mean that, but not every story from either end of the RNG spectrum requires a forum thread- especially if it doesn’t offer anything informative or helpful for other players.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

in Crafting

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

They aren’t hard to find. If I had enough gold, I could get a precursor tonight from the mystic forge. But I could end up spending 4g, or 4000g to get a single one.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Crafting

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I got the colossus after about 40g worth of rares. Then I got Leaf of Kudzu after 20g of rares. Earlier today, I spent 230g on rares, jumping from shields, rifles, short bows, and finally daggers until RNG gifted me another precursor, Spark.

I was reading a post on this forum about someone refusing to buy their precursor due to the seller most likely being undeserving of the gold they’re selling for and to that I say…

Dont hate the player, hate the game lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

maaaaan fuuuuuuck you lucky kittens …..

in Crafting

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

So, how much gold do you have currently?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aurora.9048

Aurora.9048

i got Tooth of Frostfang from Dwayna chest in May.
i got Dusk by tossing 2 rare mace, 2 rare SB into MF last Monday.
rng is rng tho.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

HERE ARE ALL THE PRECURSORS I FOUND IN THE MYSTIC FORGE!

They are hard to find “Brah”.

in Crafting

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Praise the random number god(s)! My luck has always been crap when it comes to precursors.

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

get forging bro.

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Note how Riyanto.8197 has rerolled to an alt to do this RNG stuff.

All characters have a hidden Luck stat (not related to MagicFind) that determines how the RNG treats them. You should reroll until you get a “Lucky” character, like Riyanto.8197 did.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

All characters have a hidden Luck stat (not related to MagicFind) that determines how the RNG treats them. You should reroll until you get a “Lucky” character, like Riyanto.8197 did.

Wow hope this isn’t true because that’s a huge design flaw if it is!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

Starting from scratch will upload soooooon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

maaaaan fuuuuuuck you lucky kittens …..

It’s not luck, i am afraid – it’s the immense amount of gold that allow some people to ignore longer strings of failures in hope that if they keep that up long enough it will average eventually at the cost below what they get from it.
Going for one or two precursors is a risky gamble. When you are going for 50 however, the risk factor becomes less and less important the more money you throw at the toilet.
Of course, you need to be a billionaire first.

basically, as in real world – if you are rich, you will profit, if you’re not, you are only bound to lose.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: LorVan.1029

LorVan.1029

Looks like you need money to make money, then.

in Crafting

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

lolololololol.

That’s all I have to say.

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Love to see a dev post on this one… would be curious as to what they would say. Maybe “working as intended”.

EDIT:

Without raw numbers, we can’t tell what your percent success is.

Also interesting to see your current gold levels in some of the pics. It honestly looks like you spent every gold piece at your disposal to get your exotics since most of your inventory pics show little gold. However you could have hidden it with obscene “buy orders” on the TP. The highest value I saw in any pic was roughly 800gp.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

(edited by juno.1840)

in Crafting

Posted by: xXJonoDXx.3061

xXJonoDXx.3061

Ii wish i had that kind of gold. :I

in Crafting

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I wish I had that kind of gold AND luck. I’ve thrown several hundred gold worth of level 80 rares and gotten only a few exotics out of it. What I don’t like about this is that it makes me now want to try throwing exotics in, but I know I would use up all my gold and LIKELY have nothing to show for it. I’m at about 425g now and I’m just gonna grind out more gold to buy the precursor I want. It’s much, much less stressful that the Mystic Toilet.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Crafting

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

So what? We all know they come from the forge.
You Necro’d your own thread? To brag that you have gold? Many of us do.
You shouldn’t have a thread where the only point is to boast over time. This is not a meaningful post. You don’t even give any information on the number of tries or amount you spent so there could be any meaningful discussion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What profession has a tin-foil hat for a personal story selection item?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Riyanto.8197

You shouldn’t have a thread where the only point is to boast over time. This is not a meaningful post. You don’t even give any information on the number of tries or amount you spent so there could be any meaningful discussion.

IMO, it’s to easy to get so getting attention for it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Seriously, bragging about your luck in the game is pretty lame. To be honest you are fueling the Conspiracy Theory (hidden luck stat) fires.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

IMO, it’s to easy to get so getting attention for it.

Add more to the discussion then. Post some other details. Your posting history is primarily only necro’ing your own (this) thread. You see that many people that read this thread want to see how many tries / what you threw in the forge but you don’t even offer that. Delete this thread if you aren’t going to properly say anything else.
Of course they’re not that hard to get if you play a lot. I never got one from the forge but I’ve bought many precursors and made a few legendary weapons to sell. Does that mean they are too easy to get? I’ve played every day since the game came out. That probably has something to do with the ease at which I can acquire (buy) one. I imagine if you were talking to a newer player they would not find it so easy. Or possibly you are only speaking of how easy it is to get one from the forge. If that is the case without the number or tries or items/types or any other data from you how can anyone comment?

in Crafting

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

its easier to get pre’s using exos than rares. rares are a waste of gold imo so i used dungeon weapons and bought about 60g worth of exo’s and after about maybe 20 tries pulled dawn out. sold that and bought leaf for kudzu, so now im sticking to my plan of dungeon tokens and going for dusk. all im missing for my 3 legendarys are stacks of T6 mats now at this stage as well as dusk. That being said i threw about 600g into the forge with longbows and no leaf so its not anything to do with ‘blessed accounts’ bs. you either get 1 or you dont. and more gold to throw in means more chances to get 1. still a low change but its a fair chance for every1, just some players have more resources to burn through. thats the only difference there is.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

(edited by Berformet.2981)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

its easier to get pre’s using exos than rares. rares are a waste of gold imo so i used dungeon weapons and bought about 60g worth of exo’s and after about maybe 20 tries pulled dawn out. sold that and bought leaf for kudzu, so now im sticking to my plan of dungeon tokens and going for dusk. all im missing for my 3 legendarys are stacks of T6 mats now at this stage as well as dusk. That being said i threw about 600g into the forge with longbows and no leaf so its not anything to do with ‘blessed accounts’ bs. you either get 1 or you dont. and more gold to throw in means more chances to get 1. still a low change but its a fair chance for every1, just some players have more resources to burn through. thats the only difference there is.

i burned 2000g and the MF gave to me only one precursor. It’s not about resources to burn it’s all about luck, that’s all.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

(edited by Brando.3891)

in Crafting

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That’s just ridiculous….

And jelly….. so jelly

550g? Just buy the fricking pre that’s what I did I hate the toilet and only ever use it to get things that have set recipes in the forge. Screw RNG

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Unique.9351

Unique.9351

That’s just ridiculous….

And jelly….. so jelly

550g? Just buy the fricking pre that’s what I did I hate the toilet and only ever use it to get things that have set recipes in the forge. Screw RNG

You think 550g it bad? i spend over 700g on my items and nothing, I’ve gotten nothing. This guy is ridiculously lucky.

in Crafting

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That’s just ridiculous….

And jelly….. so jelly

You think 550g it bad? i spend over 700g on my items and nothing, I’ve gotten nothing. This guy is ridiculously lucky.

Which is why you just don’t risk it. Grind the gold save it up don’t waste it on useless exotics. 700g is ridiculous I would have stopped… wait i wouldn’t have done it at all. You actually save money just doing it that way. Now some people are great with the MF or some people get really random awesome drops. This will usually happen whether or not you are trying to get the precursor.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

This right here is the perfect example of the broken RNG. He’s one of those people that can nail the RNG to a wall everytime. This is the person stealing my chance at a pre lol. Meanwhile the rest of us mere mortals spend 500g and have nothing to show for it. GG

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Crafting

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Holy kitten this guy is the luckiest i ever seen on this game, have you played some lucky games in real life recently? Maybe it’s time.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I’m just wondering: almost all screenshots I’v seen thus far of people crafting precursors are warriors. It’s scary really. And this guy uses a MF booster + MF food. Wonder if there is anything to it.