Novice spears -bugged?

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m trying to finish crafting all of the Novice Weaponsmith recipes and I hit a snag, I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if I’m doing something stupid.

The screenshot probably explains this more clearly but here’s the problem:
Recipes I have discovered so far are: Quetzal Harpoon, Precise Bronze Spear, Healing Bronze Spear, Mighty Bronze Spear (Master) and Malign Bronze Spear (Master).

When I go to the Discovery tab with Bronze Spear Heads, Large Green Hafts and Malign, Mighty and Vital Inscriptions in my bag the spear heads and hafts show up but the inscriptions don’t. Meaning I can’t discover these recipes.

As far as I can tell from looking at the wiki there is nothing special about spears, they should have all the same recipes as the other weapons. So I can’t understand why I can’t discover these recipes.

Can anyone explain?

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Crafting-Items-disappear-from-the-discovery-panel/4432076

Person with the same problem with spearguns.
There is another person with the same problem with tridents.

I guess that covers all underwater weapons.

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, I was also unable to craft L10 bronze spears, on both a new character who was just learning, and also on a mastered character who likely had the skill at one point, but it seems to have vanished.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yes, I’ve noticed this too. Malign, Vital, and Mighty Bronze Spears are uncraftable even now, and seem to have been so since the Sept 2014 feature patch. Of course, with all the other bad ideas, part of me can’t help but wonder if this was intended too. Sigh.

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Could your personal level have something to do with it?

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Could your personal level have something to do with it?

I don’t think so. My character is level 31 and I was able to craft all the other types of weapons, plus the components for the spears, I just can’t combine them in the discovery panel.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This might be a new bug introduced during the 9/9 feature pack. I’d report it (both in-game and on the Bugs forum) to ANet asap.

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

{conspiracy theory}

Maybe as part of the NPE, a crafting tutorial was put into development which would allow people to discover these recipes (similar to the dodge tutorial), and part of ensuring that they WOULD discover the recipes in the crafting tutorial was making them undiscoverable without the tutorial.

I note that spears, tridents and harpoon guns, aside from being underwater weapons, are also all crafted by different professions (weaponsmith, artificer, huntsman) and it’s possible that each profession now has a few discoverable recipes that are no longer discoverable.

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Makaki.4586

Makaki.4586

I’m also getting this problem, and I see no other reference to this problem.

An official response would be nice.

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: Klink.8429

Klink.8429

This problem still exists. I am unable to craft Malign, Vital, and Mighty tridents but can craft the other types. Very frustrating when you buy the materials and create the components and can’t use them.

Novice spears -bugged?

in Crafting

Posted by: NetBlaise.2710

NetBlaise.2710

has anyone found a fix for this yet? can’t craft Might Bronze Spear… I can’t seem to discover it