Oct 29: leather + silk changes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

Game update notes: 29 Oct 2013
“Items
•The crafting recipe for Bolts of Silk now requires 3 Silk Scraps.
•The crafting recipe for Cured Thick Leather Squares now requires 3 Thick Leather Sections.”

Discussion start:

Unbelievable. This in just before ascended armor is scheduled. I hope everyone refined their scraps/sections before the update.

in Crafting

Posted by: Messenger.7450

Messenger.7450

Is it just because of ascended armor? ANet should have also considered the effect on crafted rares. No one makes T5 light and medium armor (or any other T5 item) because their loot drop counterparts are both plentiful and cheap. Similarly, level 80 exotics are also now cheap and plentiful, so players just jump to those when gearing for level 80.

I really wish ANet didn’t introduce and promote higher crafting tiers by stepping on lower ones. T5 is more or less worthless- now it’s even more so. :-(

in Crafting

Posted by: Cereus.9027

Cereus.9027

I thought they wanted to tell us if they change something like this…
Isn’t this the same situation like the patch with the karma boost nerf?

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I thought they wanted to tell us if they change something like this…
Isn’t this the same situation like the patch with the karma boost nerf?

Yes, it is. I’m disappointed.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I guess this is the response to people that predicted that those materials will become scarce when the armor crafting hits, due to not having a consistent source like nodes.

I must say i am… amazed at their “solution”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

To be fair, these crafting materials are still dirt cheap. I had 4k Bolts of Silk, and only made about 4g profit.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

That’s disappointing. I guess we can expect to need lots of those materials for ascended armors.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

That’s disappointing. I guess we can expect to need lots of those materials for ascended armors.

Most likely 50 silk bolts or 50 leather per day for the time gated 1/day materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They did this head-scratching move, but did not bother to fix the soft wood plank recipe?

in Crafting

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

again WTH are you pve babies crying about Silk and Thick leather FLOOD the market,grow a pair and buy another one for 3-10 coppers. And even if the overall price rises, it is after all a T5 Mat…………So much crying over nothing literally.

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

they continue to confound. why adjust the part that should be fixed (scrap → bolt) when they should be adjusting the adjustable part (drop rate)???

in Crafting

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

again WTH are you pve babies crying about Silk and Thick leather FLOOD the market,grow a pair and buy another one for 3-10 coppers. And even if the overall price rises, it is after all a T5 Mat…………So much crying over nothing literally.

Tell it for some1 who stocked 200000 silks. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m glad I made several thousand of them last night since I knew they were planning this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

I’m glad I made several thousand of them last night since I knew they were planning this.

You “knew”.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

You “knew”.

Luckily tin foil hats arent made with leather or silk.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You “knew”.

Luckily tin foil hats arent made with leather or silk.

We´re made of gold.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I am so glad when I saw the “a new build is aviable” message, that I checked for update notes and read them trough. Then sat on my leatherworker and made 10.000 bales of silk cloth from the silk scraps I had stocked for Ascended armors before updating.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I actually want the prices to rise… being scarcer is better! I sell all my mats now anyways.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This.

Consider that you can go out and farm mithril nodes and they are 30c ea ingot. Yet so much leather/silk has flooded the market without any nodes. It might actually give it some value eventually now. Silk is 9c each scrap (2c above npc) and leather is still 1c above npc price atm btw… so this shouldn’t bankrupt anyone to say the least.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Denis Strasse.3462

Denis Strasse.3462

They did this head-scratching move, but did not bother to fix the soft wood plank recipe?

Yeah 4 logs per plank is silly.

Keep smiling, they’ll never know what you’ve been up to !
They know enough who know how to learn – Henry Adams

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

This.

Consider that you can go out and farm mithril nodes and they are 30c ea ingot. Yet so much leather/silk has flooded the market without any nodes. It might actually give it some value eventually now. Silk is 9c each scrap (2c above npc) and leather is still 1c above npc price atm btw… so this shouldn’t bankrupt anyone to say the least.

That’s only because ascended armor crafting is not in yet. When people will start raising tailor/leatherworker to 500, the prices are going to skyrocket.
Exactly like it happened with metal and wood already.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

not really

we allraedy have to use the Leather in weaponsmith and everyone transmutes the t7 leather everyday and there are still 8.381.790 thick leather sections on 8 copper in auctionshouse

this will not skyrocket^^

in Crafting

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

I wonder how much this will influence gossamer prices once ascended armor hits the fan. Looks like that market took it rather calmly.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in Crafting

Romek.4201

not much – cause everyone stocked t6 leather and cloth weeks ago

ectos and t6 fine materials is the way to go^^

in Crafting

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

This was needed. T5 silk and leather have been worthless for the longest time. They are still selling for barely above vendor on the TP.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

T6 materials will still skyrocket since people will need them to level. Whether or not people are stockpiling them won’t matter. The only thing that will make a difference is how long it will take prices to plummet by players aggressively undercutting each other.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They reduced bloodstone dust from champion bags too. Getting 2-5 now.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Thank Kitten. Now it’ll take longer before I have to delete a stack.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am just glad that I got my stack of bloodstone bricks almost full. Should be prepared for a while.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

“Items
•The crafting recipe for Cured Thick Leather Squares now requires 3 Thick Leather Sections.”

Discussion start:

Unbelievable. This in just before ascended armor is scheduled. I hope everyone refined their scraps/sections before the update.

I wasn’t expecting this but I did stashed up/refined on these mats before hand in anticipation for the new armor. guess I’m lucky.

[DONE]

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thank Kitten. Now it’ll take longer before I have to delete a stack.

Yeah, agreed. Like a dedicated packrat I am still refusing to delete my 14 stacks of Bloodstone Dust, but at least it’ll take longer now to completely fill up my mule.

The update also finally introduced items we can craft with Bloodstone Dust, but I’m not wasting my Crystalline Dust on the new consumables. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Yeah 4 logs per plank is silly.

I have respectfully brought this to their attention, in this subforum (Crafting), in the Suggestion subforum and a new thread in the Living Story subforum as well.

I have provided statistics of gathering in certain zones and overall been very matter-of-factual with them in approach, for the greater good of the players who want a little bit more parity with their materials (making all tiers equal).

It seems everything has either gone unnoticed or just flat been ignored. Still they refuse to do anything about it.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Oh how quickly Anet forgets about the newer players in the game…. Like usual, very disappointing.

They’re obsessed with balancing the economy I think. Why I don’t know, nothing they’ve done has stopped it in any way going the same way as every other MMO’s economy. They tried, I’ll give them that, and it’s great that they did. But changes like this do more harm than good. e.g. once again hurting the newer player, how very sad.

in Crafting

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Oh how quickly Anet forgets about the newer players in the game…. Like usual, very disappointing.

They’re obsessed with balancing the economy I think. Why I don’t know, nothing they’ve done has stopped it in any way going the same way as every other MMO’s economy. They tried, I’ll give them that, and it’s great that they did. But changes like this do more harm than good. e.g. once again hurting the newer player, how very sad.

It will just take 5-6 hours of play (regardless of the game mode played – either PvE or WvW) to get a full stack of Silk to a “new” lv80 player, so this change will not affect anything at all.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

It will just take 5-6 hours of play (regardless of the game mode played – either PvE or WvW) to get a full stack of Silk to a “new” lv80 player, so this change will not affect anything at all.

By my estimates, unless the requirements will differ significantly from what we have seen for weapons, it would take between 6 to 12 full stacks of refined silk for a set of light armor. That is 18 to 36 full stacks of scraps. This is a massive grind, much, much higher than it was the case for mithril.
Even before that last change it would have been 12 to 24 full stacks – the change just made an already bad situation even worse.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Sorry? Your maths is extremely flawed there, but I’ll say no more.

in Crafting

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

If you salvage everything, yeah, those are the results.
One night of raiding with my guild in WvW (4hours) gave me around 200 pieces of Silk Scrap.
That’s my math.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

If you salvage everything, yeah, those are the results.
One night of raiding with my guild in WvW (4hours) gave me around 200 pieces of Silk Scrap.
That’s my math.

That’s not “regardless of the game modes”. That’s WvW loot bags gotten through a WvW farm train. Please, don’t assume everywhere else is the same. And that “every game mode” means “farming”.
Besides, see the estimated requirements for a set of gear in my post above.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

By my estimates, unless the requirements will differ significantly from what we have seen for weapons, it would take between 6 to 12 full stacks of refined silk for a set of light armor. That is 18 to 36 full stacks of scraps. This is a massive grind, much, much higher than it was the case for mithril.
Even before that last change it would have been 12 to 24 full stacks – the change just made an already bad situation even worse.

36 stacks of scraps = 9000 scraps
@ current price of 8 copper per, 9000*8 copper = 7.2 gold
Don’t blow it out of proportion by saying ‘omg 36 stacks’

in Crafting

Astralporing.1957

It’s 8 copper now. The price will go up, just as the price for metal and wood went up when weapon crafting hit.

Actions, not words.

in Crafting

Romek.4201

no problem here

and the argument with new players is just wrong
in all games is higher price better for new players than a low price
cause they get more when they sell all this

anyway – good change

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

When people will start raising tailor/leatherworker to 500, the prices are going to skyrocket.

I don’t really saw the prices of T5 wood and metal skyrocket with ascended weaponcrafting.
All other tiers maybe, but not T5.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

You kittening people will complain about anything, won’t you? Silk and thick leather buy orders are still at 1c on the TP and list prices are the same as vendor prices. Half of my 500 member guild has at least a bank tab full of this kitten, and the world is FLOODED with it. They should have doubled it to 4 scraps and and 4 sections. Be happy they didn’t. No other T5 crafting mat in this game was ever this bottomed out in value. This was an absolutely necessary change. kitten .

Zelendel

in Crafting

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

It’s 8 copper now. The price will go up, just as the price for metal and wood went up when weapon crafting hit.

When, ever, in the history of this game, were any of the T2-5 woods or metals completely bottomed out in value on the TP? Last September, when the game was 1 month old? Silk and thick leather have been worthless for months, and the addition of essences of luck (i.e salvaging all your greens and blues) made the problem even worse. Please find some evidence for your apples to oranges comparison. Go ahead, I’ll wait right here.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

That’s only because ascended armor crafting is not in yet. When people will start raising tailor/leatherworker to 500, the prices are going to skyrocket.

There are over 8 million thick leather squares on the TP for the lowest possible price. I won’t see the price of those sky rocketing any time soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

When, ever, in the history of this game, were any of the T2-5 woods or metals completely bottomed out in value on the TP?

During the semi open betas… Again in the weeks after release. I remember the days when even lodestones could be bought for merch price, in those few hours where the TP was available in the early game. The T1 mats were the window to using t2-6, and everyone was trying to climb through it at once, selling anything they could to afford access to using T2. I think it took more than a month for that pricing to fully reverse.
//Portable Corpse

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

When, ever, in the history of this game, were any of the T2-5 woods or metals completely bottomed out in value on the TP?

During the semi open betas… Again in the weeks after release. I remember the days when even lodestones could be bought for merch price, in those few hours where the TP was available in the early game. The T1 mats were the window to using t2-6, and everyone was trying to climb through it at once, selling anything they could to afford access to using T2. I think it took more than a month for that pricing to fully reverse.
//Portable Corpse

I like how that’s your reply when LITERALLY the next sentence he wrote was “Last September, when the game was 1 month old?”

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Silk and leather will go up at launch but will likely not stay high for long. If you run the math on how the components will likely be used for ascended T7 components, along with the number of players in the game, you can see that the price will most definitely increase.

The only deciding factor on how much and for how long is supply and demand. How long will it take supply to catch up to demand? How long will it take demand to slow down to supply? We don’t have the recipes for armor yet so there’s no way to know how many T7 cloths we will need for each piece (or armor box). People also have multiple characters that will need upgrading to ascended.

There’s so many variables that it’s difficult to give an actual prediction. I can tell you now that rounding the current supply of silk scraps up to 3,000,000 will yield enough for 20,000 T7 cloths assuming they follow the current formula for weapon ingredients. The player base is over 20,000 so you can imagine that the supply would drain rather rapidly the first day due to people stocking up and speculators trying to profit.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

“Items

Discussion start:

But refining gives you progress.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

There are over 8 million thick leather squares on the TP for the lowest possible price. I won’t see the price of those sky rocketing any time soon.

Many people thought the same thing about candy corn

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.