Official Response: Drop Rate of Legendary Precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Blutkrieg.1320

Blutkrieg.1320

@ Recently, and we all know how FF11 ended up right ?

I have everything needed to craft my legendary except the precursor, I do not want Anet to change its recipe I just want a fair shot at getting the precursor, anyway legendaries and market speculation will be the downfall of anet if they don’t address it properly. If precursors were awarded after this super crazy high level dungeon which needed a lot of skill from everyone involved to complete it would be ok, or award one precursor account bound per character that completed 100% world, 100% all dungeons.

• OR and this is just an idea, a month long chain event that would culminate in the award of the precursor of your choice, this chain cannot be zerged and requires players to hand in things found all over the world (even low level areas) the amount of effort you put in determines if you get it or not. This would revitalize low level areas and people would be more willing to explore the world that you’ve created and level their low level alts. Just an idea. This would also mean more replayability, some sort of end-game and the love of your costumers.
Officer [VILE] – Desolation

(edited by Blutkrieg.1320)

in Crafting

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

@ Recently, and we all know how FF11 ended up right ?

I have everything needed to craft my legendary except the precursor, I do not want Anet to change its recipe I just want a fair shot at getting the precursor, anyway legendaries and market speculation will be the downfall of anet if they don’t address it properly. If precursors were awarded after this super crazy high level dungeon which needed a lot of skill from everyone involved to complete it would be ok, or award one precursor account bound per character that completed 100% world, 100% all dungeons.

• OR and this is just an idea, a month long chain event that would culminate in the award of the precursor of your choice, this chain cannot be zerged and requires players to hand in things found all over the world (even low level areas) the amount of effort you put in determines if you get it or not. This would revitalize low level areas and people would be more kin to explore the world and level their low level alts. Just an idea

It is nice but atm GW2 isn t a skill based game…. Zerg is the way -.-’

edit: Nice story happned!

http://www.hexen.it/data/83e69056bce847c3a492d61d2b53cecc/gallery/upload/gw081_112.jpg

After 3 4 h of Karma farming a man near me with 0 MF dropped the Dusk. I m with 150% plus of MF and in 400h 0 exotic drop. I hate this system and Arena need to change it fast.

p.s. he is a war and now his dusk is in sell…

(edited by Starlink.6248)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hmm… Champion Broodmother drops a Dawn and Veteran Broodmother drops Dusk? Plinx sure loves legendaries, doesn’t he?

ANET should check the magic find system though. I run with 175% and get ZERO exotic drops! And people with 0% magic find get legendary precursors? WTF?

in Crafting

Posted by: rooney.7968

rooney.7968

well, dont know whats going on here since I am a newbie with a few hours played but I dropped a Leaf of Kudzu last night… is it that rare?

[HOPE] Minoria Exaltada
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

You people are all ridiculous. What, exactly, is legendary about an item you can obtain within a month or two of playing time?

What’s truly ridiculous is the notion that willingness to do mindless grinding somehow distinguishes a player from others in a positive way. What’s also ridiculous is the petty desire to restrict the character aesthetics of others.

I don’t see “entitlement”, I see people who understand the value of time better than you do. I see people who hate RNG and RNG-driven market prices because RNG is the antithesis of skill. I see people who only care about aesthetics and think the cost of legendaries is too high relative to their aesthetic value.

(I often see “entitled” now in gaming forums, it seems it’s merely a pejorative thrown at people who aren’t sufficiently submissive towards whatever system is being discussed)

in Crafting

Posted by: cryptomega.3745

cryptomega.3745

You people are all ridiculous. What, exactly, is legendary about an item you can obtain within a month or two of playing time?

What’s truly ridiculous is the notion that willingness to do mindless grinding somehow distinguishes a player from others in a positive way. What’s also ridiculous is the petty desire to restrict the character aesthetics of others.

I don’t see “entitlement”, I see people who understand the value of time better than you do. I see people who hate RNG and RNG-driven market prices because RNG is the antithesis of skill. I see people who only care about aesthetics and think the cost of legendaries is too high relative to their aesthetic value.

(I often see “entitled” now in gaming forums, it seems it’s merely a pejorative thrown at people who aren’t sufficiently submissive towards whatever system is being discussed)

Well, I agree on your first point. Mindless grinding, luck of the draw .. either way. If you truly want to be “distinguished” then asking for a way to make a reasonably exclusive item more obtainable seems counter-productive.

You hate RNG because it is the antithesis of skill. In your perfect world, then, a legendary could only be achieved through skill (we agree) .. but in that case you would have to toss out the entire system, because nothing on the list of prerequisites for a legendary requires any skill whatsoever. The whole thing is a grind. It is what it is.

The reason you see people recognizing entitlement is because that’s the definition – how else would you describe “I just put 1000 hours, 2000g, and my firstborn into this legendary .. and I’m entitled to a precursor!” Maybe you are, maybe you aren’t. But the decision of “how rare” the end item is is entirely up to the designer – which if it were me, I would triple the current requirements and make the weapon precursor soulbound. Otherwise they are going to have to make a “super really epic legendary and we mean it this time” item. You know, the type you only see one of per server, if that. The distinction is the perspective on what “exclusive items” should really be.

in Crafting

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Legendarys should provide a significant stat boost from exotics, due to the amount of grind you have do to get them. They are just cosmetic weapons, which I guess is cool, but due to the amount of time spent getting them compared to crafting an exotic, they should have higher damage or better stats.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in Crafting

Kain Francois.4328

Magiofdeath, that would create a scenario where you’re kicked from a dungeon because you don’t have a legendary. It would also annoy perfectionists who strive for the most max stats possible. It’s not a good idea to give legendaries stat boosts, and GW1 was never known for BS like that outside the days of Ursan-spam, which they fixed quickly.

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

This guy LFK gets it.

This discussion is basically “People who find ways to accomplish things” vs. “Victims”.

LFK refused to be a victim and found a way to get what he wants in the system that is given to him.

He get a precursor. You don’t. That’s part of the game.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

Well, I agree on your first point. Mindless grinding, luck of the draw .. either way. If you truly want to be “distinguished” then asking for a way to make a reasonably exclusive item more obtainable seems counter-productive.

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I have no interest in being ‘distinguished’. I just want to see my character with certain visuals. What others have or do not have is totally irrelevant to me. Everyone can run around with rainbows and liquid metal, I don’t care.

But the decision of “how rare” the end item is is entirely up to the designer

Yes. So why insult people who seek to change the designers’ opinions? Is that not the point of this thread? Is that not legitimate? Wanting easier legendary acquisition does not automatically make those people ridiculous whiners.

The distinction is the perspective on what “exclusive items” should really be.

Just to be clear, my perspective is that item exclusivity is silly. I want certain items for my own aesthetic satisfaction, not to draw attention and envy from others. The cost is far more than I am willing to pay, so I seek to have the cost lowered.

As an aside, I think one is “entitled” to whatever you have the power and will to attain, through whatever means. If you don’t have something or cannot enforce your claim to something, you are not “entitled” to it. There is no real metric for determining if someone “deserves” something. People have desires, and they try to fulfill those desires, that’s all that’s real. Introducing the word “entitled” just distorts and clouds the discussion.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

People still failing to get the point entirely and it’s really baffling. No one has asked for Anet to make it easier to get a precursor weapon. Not a single person. We just don’t want to rely on RNG or a very fickle market. How hard is it to understand?

Anet made this huge super complex game with hundreds of thousands of moving parts. I’m sure they can figure out a way to do that while still keeping it rare.

in Crafting

Kain Francois.4328

This guy LFK gets it.

No, he doesn’t. Legendaries are supposed to be the endgame, but only a few players are able to play it unless they get very lucky. Why bother with 500 tokens from each dungeon, 2 million karma, and 100% completion if you can’t even start the quest?

Not everyone is lucky enough to get a precursor as a drop. And I don’t know what LFK’s super-secret farm is, but I only make 9g a day from farming Cursed Shore. This wouldn’t be as bad if it didn’t inflate 10g per day as well.

And think about this for a moment. Even if it didn’t inflate, precursor average sell price is around 277g. Do the math: 277g/9g= rounded up 31 days of straight grinding cursed shore over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! And keep in mind that with prices of mats and rares going DOWN, you have to be lucky to even make 9g a day in the first place! AND that is putting aside any inflation!

If we’re honestly expected to just farm the money, then does ANET truly intend Plinx and Tunnel farm to be our only source of endgame?

And the biggest question of all: For people who merely want the exotic skins and NOT legendaries, why the heck can’t we have the complete set?! Why pay 277g for a Plated Sniper Rifle or Aegis if all we want is the exotic skin!? Since we have Naegling for the Greatsword, someone please tell me why we can’t complete the set!?

edit: I just put in 75g worth of exotics. No Hunter!

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

@deathTouch

If becoming a TP mogul in order to obtain a legendary is really part of the game then I’ll believe when a dev says it directly.

I really wanna see that post: “We designed the Trading Post as a main part of our PvE endgame so that the top ranked market players can distinguish themselves in the art of GW2 economy gameplay and thus proving that they and only they are deserving of a legendary weapon.”

I’m sure they’ll be making that announcement and confirming your point any day now. Along with the announcement that they will reskin the legendary greatsword into a massive credit card that makes a ka-ching sound everytime you swing it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

This reminds me of the original guild wars, that being, that all the “fancy/ good looking” weapon skins being either extremely rare drops requiring hours of grinding to get or would cost an average player an arm and a leg to buy from other players. The only difference being that A LOT of the exotic skins and even some of the rare skins are quite good looking in GW 2 imo, and tbh I don’t see myself going for a legendary any time soon… but as in the original I will probably eventually get one… someday.

edit: typos >_>

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

(edited by Darknass.1903)

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

@deathTouch

If becoming a TP mogul in order to obtain a legendary is really part of the game then I’ll believe when a dev says it directly.

I really wanna see that post: “We designed the Trading Post as a main part of our PvE endgame so that the top ranked market players can distinguish themselves in the art of GW2 economy gameplay and thus proving that they and only they are deserving of a legendary weapon.”

I’m sure they’ll be making that announcement and confirming your point any day now. Along with the announcement that they will reskin the legendary greatsword into a massive credit card that makes a ka-ching sound everytime you swing it.

If you don’t like making money, you can farm yellow items and throw them in the forge.

Or you can make a legendary focus if that’s more in your budget. Focus precursors haven’t inflated much.

Those are your options.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Crafting

Archer.6485

No, I also have the option to petition Anet to make a change which I believe will make the game better.

It’s not really that much of a stretch. They do have these groups of devs called “live teams” whose sole purpose in the company is to continue changing this game for the better. In fact I seem to recall statements of them saying they are in fact listening to the community and if you payed attention you’ll notice that certain things have in fact already changed since launch (many of them due to community feedback no less).

This argument isn’t about how things are but how things should be. We all have different opinions on that matter but Anet will have the final word. They already hinted at possible adjustments and I expect they will eventually make a statement on whether those adjustments will actually take place. Untill they actually say that nothing about precursors will ever change I will continue to make my case on why they should.

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

I honestly don’t get why people are so against the system changing. The only reason I can think of is because they are somehow using it to make money and don’t want that to change.

For me. I didn’t sign up for Guild Wars: The Trading Post Game.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkyn.6201

darkyn.6201

It seems to have 2 kinds of ppl in this game : some get a precursor after first try, and the others spent 2000+ gold items in the forge and will just never have one. Nice

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Well that’s life in an MMO… have luck or not. And i like it and it never should be changed so all the crying people will stop.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Crafting

Archer.6485

Well that’s life in an MMO… have luck or not. And i like it and it never should be changed so all the crying people will stop.

If you don’t like change then why even play new mmos at all? You should have just stuck to your first one, or the earliest one that hasn’t shut down it’s servers.

The new mmos are all about “new ideas” this and “constant updates” that. And with all that listening to the community nonsense, the idea that nothing should be changed probably isn’t going to last very long in an environment like this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vigil.3408

Vigil.3408

So far:

120 rare hammers in Mystic Forge = 26 rare hammers and 4 exotic hammers, one named.

Zero Colossus thus far.

in Crafting

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

@ Malediktus: While that is great news & I am glad they have recognized that is a issue this is a entirely different subject. The only end game in GW2 atm is isolated to lottery winners. No one likes mystic forge slot machine. A alternative method that grants 100% chance needs to be added. Make it difficult, that is fine. What is legendary about a player that throws 4 GS into mystic forge & gets precursor, another players throws in 3000 and gets nothing. Terrible, terrible, horrible design.

in Crafting

Snow.5269

I honestly don’t get why people are so against the system changing. The only reason I can think of is because they are somehow using it to make money and don’t want that to change.

For me. I didn’t sign up for Guild Wars: The Trading Post Game.

The only people who are opposed to it are the following:

1. A person who already has precursor who obtained it cheap first week
2. A person who is sitting on 100 precursors via exploit
3. A person who was impatient & spent 300g on a precursor from TP
4. A person who has absolutely no idea how long it takes just to gather the karma/prerequisite materials.
5. A person who got “extremely” lucky and made a precursor legit with less than 1% chance of success.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

@ Malediktus: While that is great news & I am glad they have recognized that is a issue this is a entirely different subject. The only end game in GW2 atm is isolated to lottery winners. No one likes mystic forge slot machine. A alternative method that grants 100% chance needs to be added. Make it difficult, that is fine. What is legendary about a player that throws 4 GS into mystic forge & gets precursor, another players throws in 3000 and gets nothing. Terrible, terrible, horrible design.

Yes, but maybe we will have a decent chance to get precursors from world events then and dont have to gamble the MF anymore.

in Crafting

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

40 more shortbows, 4 exotics (one of which I equipped the pale stag one), a named (Eirr something) no precursor.

in Crafting

Archer.6485

I doubt they will ever make world drops more viable then the MF since the MF costs money while grinding actually gains you money. That would cause the MF to be reduced to just another pretty LA ornament.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

I rather do a few hundreth champion, world and meta event bosses than throwing in more stuff into the MF.

in Crafting

Archer.6485

So would I but Anet wants the MF to keep working as an item sink to balance out the economy. Looking at the big picture I can understand their situation but since this is a game I think we can probably have our cake and eat it too.

Problem right now is that the main source of MF usages is probably in attempts to win a precursor. But it’s not healthy that the entire economy balancing rests on precursors. They need to put in more different desirable things that can be obtained through the MF so that the pressure on the precursors isn’t so high. Then they will no longer have to rely on such insanely low drop rates in order to keep the MF working.

in Crafting

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

Honestly what devs need to do right now is provide us with atleast something to settle most players- while yes, I am extremely against the current design I’m very patient and a game developer myself. We should be able to at least get word from a developer on if they are working on a method to obtain it for certain or at least increase the rate/give us percentages. Keeping a huge mystery on this type of thing is only making more players frustrated and angry. I’m not saying we deserve the golden book of knowledge but, throw us a bone. Also- has anyone gotten the guide to the game (the book) and looked to see if theres something on legendaries in it?

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

Honestly what devs need to do right now is provide us with atleast something to settle most players- while yes, I am extremely against the current design I’m very patient and a game developer myself. We should be able to at least get word from a developer on if they are working on a method to obtain it for certain or at least increase the rate/give us percentages. Keeping a huge mystery on this type of thing is only making more players frustrated and angry. I’m not saying we deserve the golden book of knowledge but, throw us a bone. Also- has anyone gotten the guide to the game (the book) and looked to see if theres something on legendaries in it?

As far as that goes I have heard the actual guide (book) only covers up to level 25 so who knows how in depth it actually gets.

in Crafting

Posted by: morx.1738

morx.1738

just got a Rage of Rage after like….i don’t know, maybe 30 or 40 random combines, feeling “yay” on 1 side and “meeeeeh” on another >.<

Attachments:

in Crafting

Snow.5269

So can we expect this fix to come in GW2 “massive” content update coming in November that Colin announced? Far as I am concerned this should be one of the top priorities atm.

in Crafting

Archer.6485

I wouldn’t set myself up for a release date, since we don’t even have any kind of confirmation yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Most people in this thread:

YOU DONT NEED EXOTICS

I dont plan on getting a twinkly shoe that is gunna get me that frustrated and take up that much of my time.

Besides, there are some exotic skins which no-one has or knows about, and some which there are fewer of on the TP AND cost 1/20 of the price.

If your heads are going to explode, consider not doing it at all.

Its quite possible that its not intended for everyone to get one. And maybe, just maybe, you’re in the majority.

Besides. I killed a dude with Dusk the other day in WvW. That felt better than i imagine getting the sword itself would!

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in Crafting

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

LEGENDARIES *

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in Crafting

Archer.6485

Of course we don’t need legendaries. As humans there is in fact only one thing that we absolutely need.

We need to die.

That’s why I personally don’t like to focus on what I need but what I want. Seeing as I really like playing this game I see nothing wrong with discussing on how to make it better. And that’s really all that we’re doing here. Discussing how to make legendaries and subsequently the game better.

If all I do is give up on things with the excuse that “I don’t need to…” then I would probably end up in a bad place.

in Crafting

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Well just blew 10 gold on throwing exotics in and getting garbage out. Thanks ANET.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in Crafting

Kain Francois.4328

Well just blew 10 gold on throwing exotics in and getting garbage out. Thanks ANET.

I blew my entire savings. AND my Charrzooka!

I understand precursors are supposed to be hard to get, but ANET needs to rethink Mystic Forge as a whole if this and farming Plinx with a 0.01% chance is the only way.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Most people in this thread:
You dont need
legendaries

That’s the most kitten argument I keep seeing on this topic. Guess what ? I don’t need to level to 80, I don’t need to do dungeons, I don’t need to do absolutely anything including playing this video game. Guess what mister genius ? I want to. I also want a legendary weapon and I want it in a normal way not 0.001% chance RNG/400gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkyn.6201

darkyn.6201

A nice idea would be adding legendary precursors as a possible loot from jumping puzzles chests, because they lose their interest after completed once for most of them (maybe because of the non-interesting items in chests). I’d like to see more ppl do jumping puzzles so please read this and think about it

(edited by darkyn.6201)

in Crafting

Snow.5269

@Darkyn: While this is a great suggestion, this is just more rng. There “has” to be a alternative to acquiring a precursor that has 100% chance. I don’t care if it takes 1000 tokens from every dungeon in addition to DM title, or a recipe with lots of mats as long as its reasonable but rng is not a fun mechanic. Buying off the TP is also not a option. I will not support exploiters or pay 300+ gold for a exotic that used to go for 10g for 2-3 weeks. This needs to be addressed soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azi.2045

Azi.2045

people need to realize that every single time they put 4 weapons into the mystic forge, they have the same chance of getting a precursor.. its not like after you’ve thrown 100 swords in, the chances are high of you getting a Dusk for instance.. this being RnG, the chance of you getting a precursor is equally LOW, every single kitten time!

yes, it is more likely that after 1000 weapons, you will have gotten a precursor, but the CHANCES are not higher, and its actually a huge difference.. seing people complain and complain as they throw more and more weps in, believing their chances are so high the next try is so sad.. some of you might put one million greatswords in without getting a Dusk but people dont seem to realize this, they think that after putting x amount in, their chances are close to a hundred percent..

do yourself a favor and dont HOPE for a legendary, dont buy up 1000 weapons simoultaneously to throw in, sitting there the whole time just hoping and hoping and hoping!! just play the game and save up gold, and whenever you feel lucky, buy 4, 8 or 12 weapons to give it a shot; and if you fail you’ve only “wasted” max 2g.. this wont demotivate you as much, and its actually no lower chance of you getting a precursor this way, as its all about luck!

as a side note, i do belive they should change the precursors;
they should make them account bound, so no one could make a kittenloads of money just by being lucky, and they should increase the droprate by like 1 percent or so, they should still be rng imo, as if theres a 100% recipe, everyone will have a legendary in the end, and then its not legendary anymore is it?

in Crafting

Snow.5269

Linsey can we get a update on this issue? Its been nearly 2 weeks & for many this is the only faucet of end-game currently in GW2. Colin most recent “massive November content update” gives me hope but I cannot help but feel defeated here. I like many others do not approve of the current design concept of obtaining a precursor & purchasing from TP might as well be giving gold to bot farmers/exploiters which I refuse to support.

in Crafting

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

Linsey can we get a update on this issue? Its been nearly 2 weeks & for many this is the only faucet of end-game currently in GW2. Colin most recent “massive November content update” gives me hope but I cannot help but feel defeated here. I like many others do not approve of the current design concept of obtaining a precursor & purchasing from TP might as well be giving gold to bot farmers/exploiters which I refuse to support.

Quite curious here as well.

Especially the ‘’We have been watching the prices climbing on Legendary precursors and share your concerns about some of them becoming too expensive.’’ part, since the prices of the more popular precursors have almost doubled since that was posted.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in Crafting

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

Well given the time frame on bots being several months when it’s a top priority supposedly fixing something they’re watching should be done around 2015

in Crafting

Posted by: Collects.4261

Collects.4261

Well its time for my 2 cents.

I am over 200 gold spent on trying to get the dusk/dawn.

This includes throwing in a range of exotic/rare lvl 80 items.

I can’t sustain this i am feeling burnt out and i farm only to feed the mystic forge.

I have most dungeon armour sets and weapons.

Lacking 3 dungeons.

This was before token changes.

Please Anet if someone else links a precursor standing next to me and they have only tried 30 times i am going to rage.

Cut me some slack please.

in Crafting

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Collects.4261:

Please Anet if someone else links a precursor standing next to me and they have only tried 30 times i am going to rage.

People don’t need to try even once, all you have to do is buy enough gems to get one off the TP and your set. Remember, it’s not pay to win because you don’t get any more powerful with legendaries *sigh*

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

Collects.4261:

People don’t need to try even once, all you have to do is buy enough gems to get one off the TP and your set. Remember, it’s not pay to win because you don’t get any more powerful with legendaries sigh

You do realize it would cost an absurd amount of money to convert gems to gold right? I don’t know the current conversion ratio but I believe the price is in the neighborhood of thousands of real life dollars.

If someone is actually willing to pay that much to get a precursor weapon, more power to them, I say. Thanks for supporting Anet.

It’s also worth noting that is the kind of player who will stop playing in 2 weeks because they are bored, too.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ilis Miracle.6524

Ilis Miracle.6524

This RNG is ridiculous, I’ll add my own experience and say that I’ve already spent ~200 gold, attempted 500+ times on the Mystic Forge but, to no avail.
I farm mithril and wood everyday to craft swords to throw into the forge, I farm dungeons everyday to get the gold to buy more materials for those extra tries and I already have my 3 gifts needed to make the legendary for a couple of weeks now.
At least allow us to work toward something instead of relying so heavily on luck or having tons of money in order to obtain a precursor.
I’d suggest that whoever has all 3 gifts available should have a higher chance of obtaining a precursor on the Mystic Forge and that the precursor should be account bound or soulbound.

(edited by Ilis Miracle.6524)