Patch fixing precursors

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

Oh wait, no it didn’t. It just made it so your RNG is slightly better than what it was. So much for any tangible progress towards one or a scavenger hunt for it.

Also, I’m happy to report that all TP precursors are back to where they were at ridiculous levels or in some cases even higher.

in before same conversation of entitlement, should be legendary, etc conversation comes in

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: ArkisTruefire.1746

ArkisTruefire.1746

I’m not here to white knight or anything, but people really need to be more patient. I myself am still after Sunrise for a while now and I’m getting close except the precursor, but there really needs to be more patience on this matter. I don’t think the solution was a “FIX IT IN 1-2 WEEKS”. I would rather they actually take some time to think this process through than implement something without any test time. It seems like it’s coming, just not in this patch.

Evidence from the post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Recent-Market-Shifts-Follow-up-Precursors/first

We’ve received a large amount of feedback about Legendaries becoming unreachable. This is actually a topic we’ve been tracking for quite some time. To ease your minds I am here to say that it’s something we’ve been watching and we’ve been listening to your feedback. You can expect to begin to see changes addressing the issue starting with our next build.

I’m pretty sure the changes to precurors weren’t even thought of for this content pass until they realized how many people were complaining about it. To alleviate some stress on this topic most likely they increased the MF chances a bit to appease some of the crowd that want it NOW.

The blog post Linsey wrote also has this:

“We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.”

All of this points to the fact that is it not in this release. Just need some patience. If they don’t release this alternative method ever THEN i’ll be a little bit peeved off. For now, just wait a while and enjoy the content and finish the other parts to your legendary if you haven’t.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

It’s not the fix I was expecting… but at least it’s a step in the right direction

I think they will see what kind of an impact this change will have on the amount of pre-cursors that are available and then decide if they’ll implement the ‘scavenger hunt’ system.

I was hoping the scavenger hunt system would be in for this update but I guess we’ll have to be a bit more patient and see what happens.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Payback.4526

Payback.4526

Funny how People thought anet would give everyone a precursor for free.. with better droprate and better buildchance in the forge the precursors will cost less for sure, but i don’t think they will cost less then 200 Gold, the Greatswords maybe even 300, its not ANETs Fault everyone wants a Greatsword.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

I’m seeing fine crafting mats drop all over the place now.

It’s sort of really uncomfortable.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Funny how People thought anet would give everyone a precursor for free.. with better droprate and better buildchance in the forge the precursors will cost less for sure, but i don’t think they will cost less then 200 Gold, the Greatswords maybe even 300, its not ANETs Fault everyone wants a Greatsword.

Well it kinda is considering greatsword can be used by more class than not.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Guys….

Look at rare weapon prices currently.

Think back on what rare prices were, say…. 3 weeks ago.

They are almost double what they were then. You are literally gambling away twice as much gold as you used to, in order to attempt to get a precursor now. Unless the chance to roll a precursor more than doubled in the patch, prices are going to be the same, if not worse in the future.

Cheap exotic prices haven’t risen that much and might be the de-facto choice now, but that’s still alot of money to gamble for most people.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Kathias.8532

Kathias.8532

Unless the chance to roll a precursor more than doubled in the patch, prices are going to be the same, if not worse in the future.

Nah, just wait for the market to calm down and the prices will surely go down. Not only will the supply of precursors increase due to the higher chance of success, but the supply of rares and exotics has also increased (they now drop in world events and dungeons).

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Prices of precursors dropped 100+ gold already. Obviously the forge increase is significant. Not to mention they said champion/veteran mobs have a higher chance to drop exotics now.

It’s like some people expected ANET to mail them precursors with the message “Happy 2 month anniversary, thanks for complaining on the forums!”. When in reality the change to precursors hasn’t even set in yet. We don’t know if the droprate will lower the prices further, because it’s only been a few hours.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Unless the chance to roll a precursor more than doubled in the patch, prices are going to be the same, if not worse in the future.

Nah, just wait for the market to calm down and the prices will surely go down. Not only will the supply of precursors increase due to the higher chance of success, but the supply of rares and exotics has also increased (they now drop in world events and dungeons).

Having 20 available precursors instead of 10 will not change the market in the least, or do you seriously think the people controlling the precursor market are afraid of buying up a few more precursors?

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Payback.4526

Payback.4526

A Guildmate has just built his Precursor after throwing 36 Exotics into the Forge, may be Luck, may be the increased Chance.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

It was obviously gambling with an increased yet little and unknown chance.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Prices of precursors dropped 100+ gold already. Obviously the forge increase is significant. Not to mention they said champion/veteran mobs have a higher chance to drop exotics now.

It’s like some people expected ANET to mail them precursors with the message “Happy 2 month anniversary, thanks for complaining on the forums!”. When in reality the change to precursors hasn’t even set in yet. We don’t know if the droprate will lower the prices further, because it’s only been a few hours.

Lol, and you think a change would be noticeable this short after an update? The reason that the prices have dropped is not because of the real effect of this update, but because of human psychology. If you have looked at the prices pre-patch you would see that they were even lower then they are now. People got scared that a precursor would be too easy to get and they dumped them. On the other hand, people didn’t want to spend as much money anymore because of the same reason.

After the patch they read that it was still mf RNG and the precursors are slowly rising again.

It’s also the initial goldrush of “increased chances” that made the rares go up in price this much, they will stabilize in a few weeks when the goldrush has gone down.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

It’s very possible they just didn’t want to overdo any changes on their first attempt. The GW2 market is a fickle thing as you all know. I wouldn’t be surprised if they increase the chance yet a little bit more in two weeks or so.

Small ripples…

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

There are a lot of precursors, OP. Developing a system of clues and whatnot that isn’t absolute trash won’t just happen overnight.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

There are a lot of precursors, OP. Developing a system of clues and whatnot that isn’t absolute trash won’t just happen overnight.

Yeah, I understand. I’m just upset because for some reason I thought there would be a method to work for based on the post about the scavenger hunt for a precursor. I didn’t read in between the lines as it said ‘plans for..’

I’ve thrown well over 80g into the forge to no avail (read: -80g, not 80 effectively, I’ve thrown way more than I want to think about into the actual forge, I just sell the results) and I’m the type of person where it won’t matter if the odds are 2% (1/50), I wouldn’t get it in 500 with those odds. (It’s still probably much lower than this)

I theorized that the precursor could be a combination of 500 tokens of all 8 dungeons -> 1 gift, X amount of sPVP Glory -> 1 gift, completing all world jumping puzzles -> achievement rewards 1 gift -> kill x3 1000 of type of Y monster types -> 1 precursor specific gift. From those 4 gifts, combine in mystic forge to get your precursor (scavenger hunt, hurray!) also while keeping it extremely hard to get, rare, etc.

Looks like I’ll be waiting one more patch then.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

I am definitely working on the precursor scavenger hunt, but like others have said, things like this take time and I want to get it right. Not to mention, it’s not the only thing on my plate. Please do not expect to see the precursor scavenger hunt in the next patch. I may be awesome, but I am still only human and this is a fairly large amount of work to get done and done right. Please be patient!

Lead Designer – Living World

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

It will definitely take longer than this to determine any change in chance. The sample is just too low still.
The change in price is much more likely due the expectation of a price crash in precursors, rather than anything directly from the patch.

I may be awesome

Interesting quote after the effect your blog post has had his week.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by Rejam.3946)

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I am definitely working on the precursor scavenger hunt, but like others have said, things like this take time and I want to get it right. Not to mention, it’s not the only thing on my plate. Please do not expect to see the precursor scavenger hunt in the next patch. I may be awesome, but I am still only human and this is a fairly large amount of work to get done and done right. Please be patient!

You are always awesome, human or not

A question though — once the scavenger hunts are in place and the first person finds a precursor what keeps the world from getting the same precursor much like it was when the Moa Chick scavenger hunt was finally solved? Is this just the end of the precursor difficulty?

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

I’m sure you’ve got great things planned with these scavenger hunts. I just wanted to throw a couple ideas in the hat if you haven’t thought of it already.

I would love to see these take us into some lower level areas all the way through high level areas and bring us to every small corner of Tyria. I would also love to see some of these spawn unique bosses or monsters to fight which could drop a component of these precursors.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^Considering how the Mini Moa chick was crafted, that’s probably a sure bet already^

I am definitely working on the precursor scavenger hunt…

If it works out and has enough potential, perhaps then it might eventually become an element in all new Low Level crafting recipes & discovery as well that could finally make most crafted gear sell for more than 1c over Vendor prices?

…just some food for thought, that’s all.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I imagine it would take far more time to plan and implement such a scavenger hunt than it would to actually complete it. Sounds like a legendary task.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Please do not expect to see the precursor scavenger hunt in the next patch.

I’m assumning with “next patch” you mean the winter’s day one? So that means we’ll see the scavenger hunt in 2013, i’m guessing?

I may be awesome

Interesting quote after the affect your blog post has had his week.

i agree.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Etayn.4375

Etayn.4375

Thank you very much for this post. I was thinking that the ‘increase’ in Mystic Forge chance was the only thing we were going to get. Since it is not, I will keep slowly working on my Legendary instead of scrapping it all.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

A question though — once the scavenger hunts are in place and the first person finds a precursor what keeps the world from getting the same precursor much like it was when the Moa Chick scavenger hunt was finally solved? Is this just the end of the precursor difficulty?

They can’t stop that from happening unless they make the scavenger hunt unique to every single person who plays the game which I think is fairly impossible.

They could make each step in the process have say…5 different possibilities for players. But people will still figure out all the possibilities for each step.

At the end we’ll probably be given a precursor token and we’ll get to choose one we want.

My question is, will we be able to repeat it for those that are going for more than 1 legendary?

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: skupuz.6940

skupuz.6940

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to suggest this. Let us help you!

Open a new thread so we can post our suggestions. You don’t have to reply, just read the thread and see how creative this community can be.

Thanks

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Ok. And what about lodestones?

They are very rare! 2 gold * 100 = same problems with precursors :-/

When you fix problems with precursors, lodestones will be next problem (and even worse IMHO).

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Artemeas.8763

Artemeas.8763

Thanks for update Linsey, great to know something is in the works, =), love what you do, ignore the haters.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

It’s a mild step in the right direction – better than nothing while waiting for the scavenger hunt. (Which, given that these are legendary precursors and therefore should be tough to get, will undoubtedly be a lot of work to design.)

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

They can’t stop that from happening unless they make the scavenger hunt unique to every single person who plays the game which I think is fairly impossible.

They could make each step in the process have say…5 different possibilities for players. But people will still figure out all the possibilities for each step.

At the end we’ll probably be given a precursor token and we’ll get to choose one we want.

My question is, will we be able to repeat it for those that are going for more than 1 legendary?

I would hope it is repeatable.
But there would have to be a long and hard road to getting one, maybe a mini personal story, one that would require say 3-5 people for 1 quest and like 20-30 quests.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

Ok- I’ll admit my rage subsides a little knowing that we have someone working on it and we now know the reason why its taking so fluffy kitten long to change. I really do hope this gets addressed before new years though- it would really be doggy if this goes on for a very long time.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Recently.1043

Price changes you see now is due to price speculation. There has obviously not been enough time since patch for a significant increase in the precursor pool to have effected prices based on actual supply and demand. Same reason why gas prices rise and drop, despite the actual supply of oil reserves remaining the same. Hell, it happened not too long ago with the halloween event and the weapon skins (weapon skin prices dropped SHARPLY for about 1 day when they announced the introduction of the mad king chest, but then rose again immediately after they added it when people realized the skins was still incredibly rare from those chests as well).

The influx of more rares due to the dungeons is an actual effect that could bring the rare weapon market down to something more accessible, but i don’t see it getting back down to 12-13 silver levels again.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Recently.1043

Easy way to implement a scavenger hunt.

Quest chain that makes you do whatever, kill stuff here, do stuff there, fight dungeon yada yada. End result of questline = 1 item (lets call it “essence of a legendary weapon”).

That 1 item used in a MF forge recipe. Rest of the recipe is something like. 250 T6 A-weapon component (ie: ori gs blades) + 250 T6 B-weapon component + 250 Glob of ectoplasm. This would guarantee the cost of the precusor still having a substantial base gold cost associated with it, as well as stablize the marketplace (create demand) for basic T6 materials (ori bar prices for example have fallen from 7s80c a few weeks ago to barely 6s now) The price would be somewhat reasonable too (~150gold for this stuff)

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Easy way to implement a scavenger hunt.

Quest chain that makes you do whatever, kill stuff here, do stuff there, fight dungeon yada yada. End result of questline = 1 item (lets call it “essence of a legendary weapon”).

That 1 item used in a MF forge recipe. Rest of the recipe is something like. 250 T6 A-weapon component (ie: ori gs blades) + 250 T6 B-weapon component + 250 Glob of ectoplasm. This would guarantee the cost of the precusor still having a substantial base gold cost associated with it, as well as stablize the marketplace (create demand) for basic T6 materials (ori bar prices for example have fallen from 7s80c a few weeks ago to barely 6s now) The price would be somewhat reasonable too (~150gold for this stuff)

Why not have the scavenger hunt not use gold and instead require multiple events completed, dungeon tokens/gifts/etc….something that would send you all over the world of Tyria instead of something that you could just buy off of the trading post.

If you included T6 mats or any crafting material (or anything that you can buy on the TP for that matter) in any recipe to craft a precursor the price of those items would just continue to rise until we were back at the price where they are now (insanely high) and would also make it much harder to craft other items for a reasonable price since the price of the mats is increased.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

That would be a slap in the face of those who bought their precursors and drop 100s of gold in forge like the ancient karka event was as well. YOU use that event on purpose to drop the cost of precursors another slap in the face. It is very apparent as you posted about it being your concern about the cost. So one or two weeks later do you make a event that dropped around 350+ precursors. Lets put this into perspective instance one you bought a game for 60 bucks 2 weeks later that game is free slap in the face no? So for the people your gonna screw over who worked there butts off trying luck in the forge finally got their precursor/ legendary how will you compensate them? To be honest If you keep doing stuff like that you really are going to ruin the game its been two month since the game came out those complaining about precursors there going to keep complaining because they want it for free remember that.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

That would be a slap in the face of those who bought their precursors and drop 100s of gold in forge like the ancient karka event was as well. YOU use that event on purpose to drop the cost of precursors another slap in the face. It is very apparent as you posted about it being your concern about the cost. So one or two weeks later do you make a event that dropped around 350+ precursors. Lets put this into perspective instance one you bought a game for 60 bucks 2 weeks later that game is free slap in the face no? So for the people your gonna screw over who worked there butts off trying luck in the forge finally got their precursor/ legendary how will you compensate them? To be honest If you keep doing stuff like that you really are going to ruin the game its been two month since the game came out those complaining about precursors there going to keep complaining because they want it for free remember that.

that’s just the price of being first. i am in that boat of those who spend hundreds on the mystic toilet, but i do not think we will be compensated in any way. would be nice but i doubt it and i am fine with it i suppose. think of it this way, if they did not do anything to make it cheaper you may have never been able to afford it and might have thrown hundreds of more gold and not get it.

honestly precurosrs is not even half the battle, the more popular legendaries have mats that cost more than a precursor itself.

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Jericho.5940

Jericho.5940

Don’t worry buddy. The price of the T6 materials and ectos will compensate us. As a matter of fact, more people getting precursor is the perfect timing to shift into other legendary related materials. So all in all, it still will cost a fortune to get it. It does expedite the process for those “hardcore” players who just throwing hundreds of gold trying to get the precursor. And for those lazy kittens who’s just whining their kitten off, they won’t get it for a long long time that’s for sure.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Thanks for the update Linsey. We know that it’s going to take a while to do things right. Take all the time you need

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Chuckles.3754

Chuckles.3754

I’m looking forward to the scavenger hunt, and now that we know who’s doing it… thank you! I’ve just started preparing to get a legendary and it feels rather… hollow. The hunt is just what I’m looking for, a nice journey that isn’t 100% about feeding other people money.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaede.7348

Chaede.7348

This sounds like a bitter and ill thought out post to be honest, no only have you made logical fallacies as well as over exaggerated the situation, you have made blatantly untrue statements.

A couple of things. No one said they wanted precursors for free, all people have claimed that they wanted a non gold grind/buy or Mystic Forge lottery way to do it. So your last statement is false.

In no way does someone getting their precursor via a method cheapen how you got yours through gambling in the forge or grinding gold, anymore than that someone that got it in the first dragon event chest they ever did. Your efforts for it were rewarded in the end, how does a scavenger hunt or other activity to get it ruin the experience and sense of accomplishment you got from your stroke of luck? It doesn’t.

This is a very different situation to ‘buying a game and it being free 2 weeks later.’ One increased drop rates and alternate methods doesn’t equal free, a closer analogy would be a choice of buying an item for full price or having it possible to buy a raffle ticket to get the same item as a reward, and then the item going on sale a few weeks later or a new store opening up with the item at a cheaper price due to increased supply and or competition.

Hardly a slap in the face and if you feel that way then perhaps you need to care more about real world things than digital items in a game. Also making false claims and dramatising issues in a game is hardly constructive feedback.

The only reason you might have a valid concern about alternate methods of getting precursors or a marginal increase in supply is if you were one of the few trying to control the supply of precursors for profit, normally because you also represent a 3rd party illegal gold seller hoping to encourage people to spend real $$ to afford a precursor. If this is the case you won’t get much sympathy or support here, nor for ‘I spent hundreds of gold buying an item which has no gone down in price’ when this is the order of things in the real world too. Basically, the 100’s of gold you claimed to have paid is the price of being an early adopter or someone who wants to be one of the first.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

much appreciated Linsey! looking forward to seeing this scavenger hunt.

i’ve heard people who have legendaries already commenting that there should be an easier way to get a pre-cursor. the people who rushed to the finish line (in regards to legendary acquisition) knew well ahead of time what they were getting themselves into. and i /salute them! they for one, can be the ones to claim the fame, that they had gotten the legendaries the “hard” way, before the scavenger hunt.

am glad this scavenger hunt will be eventually implemented. you can never please everyone. at least in this sense, more people will have a shot at these legendaries. and by then, who knows, there may be yet even more legendaries.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

This sounds like a bitter and ill thought out post to be honest, no only have you made logical fallacies as well as over exaggerated the situation, you have made blatantly untrue statements.

A couple of things. No one said they wanted precursors for free, all people have claimed that they wanted a non gold grind/buy or Mystic Forge lottery way to do it. So your last statement is false.

In no way does someone getting their precursor via a method cheapen how you got yours through gambling in the forge or grinding gold, anymore than that someone that got it in the first dragon event chest they ever did. Your efforts for it were rewarded in the end, how does a scavenger hunt or other activity to get it ruin the experience and sense of accomplishment you got from your stroke of luck? It doesn’t.

This is a very different situation to ‘buying a game and it being free 2 weeks later.’ One increased drop rates and alternate methods doesn’t equal free, a closer analogy would be a choice of buying an item for full price or having it possible to buy a raffle ticket to get the same item as a reward, and then the item going on sale a few weeks later or a new store opening up with the item at a cheaper price due to increased supply and or competition.

Hardly a slap in the face and if you feel that way then perhaps you need to care more about real world things than digital items in a game. Also making false claims and dramatising issues in a game is hardly constructive feedback.

The only reason you might have a valid concern about alternate methods of getting precursors or a marginal increase in supply is if you were one of the few trying to control the supply of precursors for profit, normally because you also represent a 3rd party illegal gold seller hoping to encourage people to spend real $$ to afford a precursor. If this is the case you won’t get much sympathy or support here, nor for ‘I spent hundreds of gold buying an item which has no gone down in price’ when this is the order of things in the real world too. Basically, the 100’s of gold you claimed to have paid is the price of being an early adopter or someone who wants to be one of the first.

Alright calling you out a scavenger hunt is free no if you acquire one through a scavenger hunt that’s free what does that mean its free no? if u read kid you see shes making scavenger hunts in future no? Secondly its feedback and its constructive i not only showed how many who payed full price for precursors a week before event feel i also for one showed how taking in a hypothetical situation to show how people who bought or forge using lots of gold on precursors feel a bit cheated. IF you knew a event was going to drop a precursor or chance you wouldn’t waste your money buying it would you? Thirdly don’t insult me because i don’t want to see thousands of people running around with legendaries and yes area-net has made it easier to obtain a legendary now for those trying to go for it. See you think im being negative no im giving valid points and situations so please know what the hell the other side feels before posting kthxbai.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaede.7348

Chaede.7348

No you gave hyperbole and accused people of wanting to get precursors for free. You made blanket statements filled with negativity without any constructive backing. I merely quoted you and commented on where you had made grossly inaccurate comparisons and assumptions. I read your post.

In short, you are upset because you worked hard to grind ridiculous amounts of gold to get your precursor. You are upset because the event increased the drop rate slightly and a few more came into the market and dropped the price very temporarily (its already on the way back up). Things like this happen all the time. Say I buy a suit for $200 and a week later it is on special for $100. I can’t complain to the store that they didn’t tell me it was going to be on sale and expect them to reimburse me or even care.

Precursors had 2 ways of being obtained before the event, and until they put in the scavenger hunt there are still only the same two ways: Save ridiculous amounts of gold and buy from TP or get lucky with a random drop from forge, chest or mob.

Because there were so many people doing the event over the weekend, more than probably do Claw of Jormag or w/e in a standard week the amount of precursors available went up. We have no info supporting that the drop rate for precursors in the Ancient Karka event was higher. All we know is the exotic drop rate was higher. We also know that more people took part in this one event than any other during any week in the game recently. More people participating = more drops = more precursors.

I was basically saying your above rant was unfounded, lacked a motivation other than elitism or gold selling and made horrible assumptions about players wanting other methods for getting a precursor. FYI scavenger hunts take time just like grinding gold or using the mystic forge or events. Time = money so it really isn’t any different. Its just you feel that scavenger hunts are free your wrong. Scavenger hunts are as free as grinding gold, doing events or using the mystic forge. Unless you are paying real $$ for gold the game is all free except for time spent.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Alright calling you out a scavenger hunt is free no if you acquire one through a scavenger hunt that’s free what does that mean its free no? if u read kid you see shes making scavenger hunts in future no? Secondly its feedback and its constructive i not only showed how many who payed full price for precursors a week before event feel i also for one showed how taking in a hypothetical situation to show how people who bought or forge using lots of gold on precursors feel a bit cheated. IF you knew a event was going to drop a precursor or chance you wouldn’t waste your money buying it would you? Thirdly don’t insult me because i don’t want to see thousands of people running around with legendaries and yes area-net has made it easier to obtain a legendary now for those trying to go for it. See you think im being negative no im giving valid points and situations so please know what the hell the other side feels before posting kthxbai.

Free as in gold? I guess. However, I don’t think the previous poster meant free that way. He/she mostly meant it isn’t free in terms of effort.

So you are claiming that changing up ways to get the percursor will be unfair for those who got it from the forge or drops due to the disparity of effort between those who got it and don’t? This is EXACTLY what the current RNG does. The current RNG does not care if you dumped in 5g or 500g into the forge when creating a precursor. Empathy works both ways.

For those who already got your precursor, congratulations. However, if that leads to these owners wanting exclusivity for their legendaries, I will just have a difference in opinion. Getting a precursor early is just that. Having to own before other people. That is the… prestige if i may call it. However, if any gw2 gamer wants to work for one, he/she should be allowed to do so. It might take a long time and effort but he/she should be allowed to pursue for one of his/her choosing.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

Any news from scavenger hunt after a month?

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

I would be shocked to see this before march 2013

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

would be shocked to see it at all

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Joel.6587

Joel.6587

Dev notes about a Month ago. Would be nice if we could get a update monthly on how close they feel this is to completion.

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

i will say this about precursors I have been out in Cursed Shore farming for Dawn the precursor for Sunrise for 11 hours started my hunt from 4:00pm PST and finally throw in the towel at 3:30am PST. though I did get some teir6 crafting material a decent amount but as stated in wiki that;
“It has been reported that there is also a chance for this to drop from any enemy in Orr.” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dawn
I did not receive that drop and I currently have 200% MF and was Running on guild MF boost. I have even spent 50gold to the Mystic forge for LvL75+ Rare Great Swords for a chance for eathor Dawn or Twilight. i would love a scavenger hunt as stated by Linsey Murdock
“I am definitely working on the precursor scavenger hunt, but like others have said, things like this take time and I want to get it right. Not to mention, it’s not the only thing on my plate. Please do not expect to see the precursor scavenger hunt in the next patch. I may be awesome, but I am still only human and this is a fairly large amount of work to get done and done right. Please be patient!”
now I do understand you should work for it but the question is how much work do you need to do to even get that Precursor.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Patch fixing precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Kathias.8532

Kathias.8532

The chance to get a precursor from Orr mobs is extremely small. A bit better drop chance is from chests you get for killing dragons or capturing temples in Orr. However, the fastest (but still very unreliable) way is gambling in the MF.