Possibility of laurel + gold refund

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilium.4270

Lilium.4270

Hi!

Well, I posted the same topic on the support forums but I might aswell post it here since it is crafting related after all. I spent about 25 laurels and 15 gold on ascended recipes with dire stats but it doesnt seem as great as i originally thought so I was wondering if there is any possibility to make my character unlearn all the morbach ascended recipes I have on my necromancer and refund the laurels and gold so I could spend it on recipes with rabid stats instead?

I know its a long shot but it never hurts to ask, right? It would save me a ton of time and effort since I have many characters I would like to gear up in the future.

I spent the laurels on boots, chest, pants, shoulders and gloves.

in Crafting

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Necromancer with dire is pretty good from what I had heard,

The only thing you can do is file a ticket with support, as for whether they would refund you the gold/laruels is up in the air.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is why the Ascended grind is so bad. Who’s going to try new builds when something like this is likely to happen?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You could try submitting a ticket and asking, but tbh I doubt they’ll go for it.

guildwars2.zendesk.com/

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

This is why the Ascended grind is so bad. Who’s going to try new builds when something like this is likely to happen?

Yep. I love to fiddle with builds, and I have multiple exotic sets for each of my characters. I do not foresee that happening with ascended.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Lilium.4270

Thanks guys, I will try to do that. The idea behind buying the dire gear was that I thought I could still get to 50 % crit chance asuming I have rabid rings, necklace and accessories and maybe a back item(shadow of grenth, ofc!) I will have to do the math on it tho.

in Crafting

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I wouldn’t even send a ticket, you would only waste the time of the support attendants.
That wasn’t a bug, you clicked and confirmed everything, you got everything you bought, you just made an expensive mistake and is looking for the easy way out.

I’m sorry that you found out the hard way, but ascended gear isn’t a thing to go for without planing.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Yep. I love to fiddle with builds, and I have multiple exotic sets for each of my characters. I do not foresee that happening with ascended.

That’s why you fiddle with the exotic version, then if you like it, you go for the ascended version.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s why you fiddle with the exotic version, then if you like it, you go for the ascended version.

And when your build gets nerfed? Or new builds become viable from new skills? It’s sure gonna be fun grinding for a new set of Ascended gear again!

in Crafting

Lilium.4270

Well, im buying the rabid set anyway so thats done in a few weeks. I think grinding the materials is far more laborious than doing the dailies and monthly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I agree with the others, try sending Anet a ticket. They are pretty cool. They helped me out before. Like you said, never hurts to ask.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

But why would you send a ticket to ask a question you already know the answer to?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

celestial. it’s the only one that’s pretty good at everything, rather than great at some things and horrible at all the others.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I love my Dire armor on my necro. Super tanky and tremendous condition damage in crowds. Not fantastic in 1v1, but one build can’t have everything. Tuning crystals really take advantage of all that toughness and vitality. Bursting sigils are great as well on the weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

celestial. it’s the only one that’s pretty good at everything, rather than great at some things and horrible at all the others.

Let’s rephrase that: “celestial is the only one mediocre (at best) at everything, rather than great at some things and horrible at all the others.”

We could even expand upon that and say:“You can get better and more desirable stats mixing different sets instead of getting celestial.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Actually, Celestial can give you the highest crit damage available (tho your actual crit percentage will be lower).

In terms of total bonuses to stats, Celestial is significantly better (but does not min/max a specific DPS method per the meta).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Actually, Celestial can give you the highest crit damage available (tho your actual crit percentage will be lower).

In terms of total bonuses to stats, Celestial is significantly better (but does not min/max a specific DPS method per the meta).

Hence why i said “desirable” stats. Unless running a hybrid build you will not need every damage type, nor the +healing power, nor the extra vitality and toughness for pve.

in Crafting

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

We could even expand upon that and say:“You can get better and more desirable stats mixing different sets instead of getting celestial.”

false. you can get better (and literally more) stats mixing ‘main’ stats with celestial, as to opposed to mixing 2 or more non celestial stats. i assume that’s for wiviwi

as for pve, stats are irrelevant for open world, and non-mixable for dungenz

well ofc you can always show the infamous ‘play how i want’ card. and that’s ok

kill all ze thingz

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Oh c’mon. Player error and accidentally buying the wrong recipe is one thing, but you chose to purchase those recipes, consumed them and created the items (I assume, or else how would you know its “not as good as you thought” if you haven’t even tried it?) and now you’re having buyer’s remorse and want a refund? No. You made your choice, you don’t get to go back on it. If I buy and equip a set of armor from the TP, then decide I’d rather have a different set, I can’t go to support and ask them to refund my gold so I can get a new set. If I create a set of Celestial jewelry then decide I’d rather not use it I can’t go to support and ask them to give me back my Charged Quartz.

You made a decision. You got the exact items you wanted at the time. It wasn’t a mistake, it wasn’t a glitch. It isn’t support’s job to make it easier for you to change your mind after the fact.

And that’s not to sound mean or rude (even though I’m sure it does on some level). I just think its kind of silly to go crying to support because you changed your mind.

That said, not really my place to decide I suppose. It’ll be up to support I guess.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Yeah those are lost sorry buddy

in Crafting

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Why would you settle for a stas you’ve never tried for ascended armor?

Exotics are cheap. Play around with builds using masterwork/exotics, then decide.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Not at all. You can just spend 5-10g on an exotic set and use that one to test new builds.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.