Post your most unexpected precursor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Franklin Fhenrir.4962

I wanna hear from you people how any of you got a precursor in a way you never expected to get. By opening bags, discovering it in your inventory without noticing or random rares in a forge expecting maybey a regular ietem.

Here’s my story:
During Silverwastes i got alot of silky sand, when consuming that sand i got 3 zephyrite keys. i went to dry tops with 5 minutes left on the clock and found a unidentified insect fossil at my 3e chest. I traded that fossil in for 3 Sandy Bags, and while opening my 2e bag i got the Leaf of Kudzu.

I hope to hear some interesting story’s from you all.

You either die a underpowered class or you live long enough to be the overpowered one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Running SE P1 for the 1000th time im kittened because this s/s rifle warrior keeps pulling the golems before the guard who got knock into the lava can rez because i quote
“reflectz are for nobz” pretty sure he opened so i just power through it. I’m opening my champ bags after and i see Spark pop up in the corner of my screen, first pre in 1.5 years of playing i can’t believe it. It paid for the rest of The Moot which i had just started after finishing Dreamer.

A couple of months ago i just decided on a whim, because i had 102 MF shards left, to buy 6 of the dungeon off-hands i didn’t have the skins for and toss them in the MF. 2nd try I get Rodgert’s flame sold it a couple of days ago to add the money to my dusk fund.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

in Crafting

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Returning from yet another failfest over at the Marionette, not sure if I had cashed in my keys for the night or not. Saw I had managed to get an exotic in all the hubbub. Pleasant enough surprise in and of itself, since I was still in the process of filling out equipment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

found a unidentified insect fossil at my 3e chest. I traded that fossil in for 3 Sandy Bags, and while opening my 2e bag

O_O what’s all this now about fossils being used for things besides making ambrite weapons??? I will have to look into it! (I have wayyy too many fossils for how many geodes I have)

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Running Fractals 38 was salvaging junk and got down to my exotic box and found an exotic I was going to salvage but decided to share with my guildies. Then realised it was Leaf of Kudzu

in Crafting

Posted by: Exo.2965

Exo.2965

1 exotic Sword with Fractal skin
1 exotic Stuff with Ambrite skin
1 exotic Ascalonian Warhorn
1 exotic Shield

+ Mystic Forge

= Colossus / Well Done !

in Crafting

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

4 Rare Greatswords = Dawn

About a month after release, and I was only trying to make an Exotic so I could have a better weopon lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I got mine randomly gifted to me from a generous soul here in these very forums.

Which, IMO, is FAR cooler then a mystic forge/bag drop/random drop.

:D

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Crafting

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

When i was trying to get my zone completion in timberline fall. i was mining a platinum nod underwater at the krait lake. i was ambushed by a lv60 shark so i killed it and an orange icon pop up on my loot list, this is my only precursor i’ve ever met: Dawn

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

My most unexpected precursor? I guess I’ll bring in a bit of reality too. Last year I somehow was able to grind mindlessly for 2 months to make enough money to buy The Legend off the TP. Yes, it was unexpected for me that I did that. Sold The Bifrost and I’m now I’m trying to make it again lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I play the Mystic Forge a bit for precursors. One night after making twenty rare staves and throwing them in I got the Legend, which in itself is not a huge surprise, as I had been doing that a fair bit and was probably due for a pay-off, but hey, first precursor from the Mystic Forge for me.

One month later I decide to unlock some skins from the dungeon vendor. I throw in three random exotics and a forge stone and I get the Legend again. The money helped a lot in finishing the Bifrost.

in Crafting

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Dawn from Vallog, I also ran with someone who got Chaos Gun from Vallog too. That centaur sure likes to poop precursors.

Dawn, The Chosen & Zap from some dungeon tokens. Didn’t have recipes/uncraftable combination salvaging back then to monetize some lower level token types so just threw them into MF.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilginsara.8752

ilginsara.8752

It was after the daily reset and I was running in EB with a commander just to get some WXP but then I got bored so I went back to LA to open my champ boxes. The last place we capped was SM, don’t know if that changes a thing. Anyways so I went to LA and opened the boxes and got The Chosen. I was about to salvage it for some dark matter…

Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: catsunami.8437

catsunami.8437

Just this morning. I was in SW looking for one more rare to toss in the forge for my “One gamble a day keeps the doctor away” ritual. Opened some chests and got a rare sword. Went to LA, dumped in the 4 rares and The Legend popped out.

I got 5 (Zap, Carcharias, Dusk, The Lover, and The Legend) from the forge, but nothing from actually playing the game yet :\

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dont have an unexpected precursor. I always expect one but never get one

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I recently got Carcharis in EotM from a silly OG player. I didn’t know this was a precursor so I was like “hey, look, I got an exotic how nice let’s see what sigil it has maybe it’s worHOLY kitten!!!!”. Of course, as my luck is trolling me terribly, I sold it for only ~100g proffit or so. I got 3 precursors so far from drops, all of them in the top 5 cheapest ones (Carcharis and 2x Bard). Still, they are precursors and worth a bit, even though only a small fraction of what the good ones are worth.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Long time ago I looted Zap from jumping puzzle (Hidden Garden) chest. It was very unexpected and surprising.

in Crafting

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I was awarded Spark from killing a random Drake in Sparkfly Fen.

in Crafting

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

got the lover from Captain Ashym

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

in Crafting

Posted by: catsunami.8437

catsunami.8437

Really? But you have so many achievements/probably playtime as well! What are you making? If it’s precursor, uh, drops for me soon, I might be willing to donate it to a worthy cause

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I have never looted or forged a precursor and have played for 5800 hours since the pre-release weekend and have 19.5k AP. I’ve also never been able to buy a precursor because it trivializes the experience of making a legendary and ruins the sentimental value (which to me is what matters). I have all of the other components for my legendary, and am otherwise just still waiting for my lucky break.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

If I got a precursor it would be the most unexpected precursor drop for me, even if it dropped from MF after throwing 4 exotics of the same type in it.. >_>

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I was awarded Spark from killing a random Drake in Sparkfly Fen.

I got the Energizer from some random Centaur in Harathi Hinterlands. XD

in Crafting

Posted by: Adelsbane.4305

Adelsbane.4305

I have to admit i’ve been pretty lucky in this regard…bless the gods!!!

I got a Legend drop for me during the halloween 2013 update from a candy corn elemental…i was like wut!!!

Few months after that i got Dusk from 4 random rares at the forge after I decided to throw that night’s rares from the world boss train in the forge for kittens and giggles.

Last night I got another Dusk from opening bags that you get for finishing steps from the current LS update.

So yeah..i’m not complaining.

in Crafting

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Back during season 2, My guild lead a push into one of opponents servers. We ended up in a huge lock up fight right outside of the left gate to north camp. They kept trying to push out, and we kept nuking them. Lots and lots of bags. Right before my guild leader finally made the call to pull us back, I was spamming my area loot key… one of the drops was Dusk.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Crafting

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

I just got Spark from a coin purse in The Silverwastes a few hours ago, im still buzzing

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I hereby give this thread my seal of “I hate all of you darned lucky people”.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Nothing to see here. No precursors ever except the Venom I bought. That in itself was perhaps unexpected.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

This one time, i found this npc in lions arch that let me view this mysterious mini game that showed a bunch of pictures of shiny items, and I clicked on one, and hit take all, and somehow the legend appeared in my bag almost immediately afterwards!

It was all very confusing and i misplaced 1200 gold at around the same time (must have left it on the bus or something), but i still call that a pretty lucky day.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in Crafting

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

Precursors don’t exist. They’re a lie. Just like true love and people who like eating broccoli >8[

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Really? But you have so many achievements/probably playtime as well! What are you making? If it’s precursor, uh, drops for me soon, I might be willing to donate it to a worthy cause

I’m at several thousand hours, over 21.5k AP, and have been playing since the beta. I’ve still never had an exotic worth more than 20 gold drop, let alone a precursor. I’ve had everything I need to make Twilight except Dusk for a year now. Some of us just aren’t lucky enough for that sort of thing.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Precursors only exist on the TP. Anet puts them up on dummy accounts to nourish hope in the masses and take money from fools. True fact.

in Crafting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Well, I’ve only gotten Rage from the forge, which is not surprising with my luck. I was in a party with friends doing dungeons, and one of them was clearing loot and found Chaos Gun in his inventory. No idea where it came from, we suspect a champ bag, but what a nice surprise for him =)

in Crafting

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Long before Megaservers, and before Southsun was abandoned following the the second Southsun update, I helped kill the Karka Queen. In one of the shaky chests from the UI I got Storm.

So yes, sometimes boss events are worth it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s a way to expectedly get a precursor, outside the TP?

My most unexpected was when Hunter dropped. I was in Mount Maelstrom doing a vanilla bean run. I was running past some undead and scale fighting each other when they slowed me down by tagging me and putting me into combat. I punished them with a fiery death.

Hunter popped as part of the loot from one of those foes that I normally wouldn’t bother with.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Today I logged in and got every precursor in the mail for being awesome and amazing.
Humble as I am, this was very unexpected.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Today I logged in and got every precursor in the mail for being awesome and amazing.
Humble as I am, this was very unexpected.

Seems legit

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I found a Storm in my inventory after the wardrobe patch.
I bound it to my account because I kind of liked the look.
…I don’t want Meteorologicus, so now I’m stuck with it, and I’m out the hundreds of gold I could’ve gotten for selling it. ;_;

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I found a Storm in my inventory after the wardrobe patch.
I bound it to my account because I kind of liked the look.
…I don’t want Meteorologicus, so now I’m stuck with it, and I’m out the hundreds of gold I could’ve gotten for selling it. ;_;

Make Meteorlogicus and then sell the legendary for the profit equivalent of all the account bound materials and the precursor.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Sariel V.7024

Most unexpected? My next one.

in Crafting

Sariel V.7024

There’s a way to expectedly get a precursor, outside the TP?

Yes. I have a guildie who did forge dumps with enough trials to statistically ‘ensure’ one or two pres. He was fairly confident of the results and tended to make money on it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Just got dusk from the forge. Really it has the wow feeling of finally getting paid back by someone that has owed you money for a long long time….more than winning or earning something.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The day after I finished Frenzy (bought Rage on the TP, it was cheap, nobody wants underwater weapons), I threw in some random rares in the Forge. And got the precursor with the skin I wanted ever since I saw it in the PvP locker: the Hunter. I got it earlier this year, and I only found out last week there’s another exotic that shares its skin…

in Crafting

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Okay, here is my story…

I was trying to get precursor out of mystic forge, for almost two years I spent more than 2000g gold in the toilet. Then one day, I decided to give it one more try. When I got Dusk, I couldn’t believe it. I just did not expect to ever see that precursor in my bag. I had ~100 more bought greatswords waiting in TP to be picked up. What happened next was just amazing. After few tries, I got Dawn. But there was more. The next forging gave me Dusk!

15 minutes of forging gave me 2x Dusk and 1x Dawn and I got my gold that I lost over the past months back and finally crafted my Twilight.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Today i bought 20 rare longbows for my last 18 gold. Got 5 exotics from it and one of those was leaf of kudzu. Sold it for 900 gold and now i have 800 and will save that for something in the future because i am not interested in legendaries couse i got my jugg.

in Crafting

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’ve been playing regularly since the 3 day head start. I get about 1 exotic every month or two and those exotics are never over 4 gold on the TP. After all my time of playing, I finally have over 1k gold. I tried farming but the drops aren’t any better for me than playing regularly. During the queens arena, I opened over 1,000 of those bags and only got tokens out them. I don’t think it’s possible for my account to receive a precursor or anything of value.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The day after I finished Frenzy (bought Rage on the TP, it was cheap, nobody wants underwater weapons), I threw in some random rares in the Forge. And got the precursor with the skin I wanted ever since I saw it in the PvP locker: the Hunter. I got it earlier this year, and I only found out last week there’s another exotic that shares its skin…

Which Exotic shares skins with the Hunter? I was under the impression that it was the sole Precursor that didn’t have a shared skin.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Which Exotic shares skins with the Hunter? I was under the impression that it was the sole Precursor that didn’t have a shared skin.

It used to share one with a spvp skin. Since the pvp skins are no longer, that skin no longer exists.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Sariel V.7024

The only rifle that shares the skin with The Hunter is the Plated Sniper Rifle. This was a PvP-only skin you obtained from the PvP forge and it is no longer available.

Rodgort’s precursor is also unique.

in Crafting

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Reading this thread only makes me inspired/tempted me to gamble more.

My story was someone just got Spark in LA so I was reminded of the spare tokens I had. So I went with about 5 forges worth of exotics and got Spark on 2nd try.

(edited by rojak.1894)