Stop punishing the more dedicated players.

in Crafting

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

First of all, I have 12 chars at 80, I love to play different classes because I get bored quickly just playing one, I have 6 of them with several ascended items (weapons, accesories)

I prepared for this update with so much anticipation, had materials to level 2 armor crafting professions to 500. But suddenly I check the cost of the recipes and is 5 laurels + 3 gold for EACH piece of armor, this is too much Anet…

For those with several characters, for those who invest in experimenting with different builds have to wait 30 days for EACH set of armor is just excesive, Anet you are punishing the players who invest more hours in your game, by forcing to wait natural days to get laurels to buy the recipes.

This is enough reason to think about leaving the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Okay so I’m just going to ask this: do you play all 12 characters in fractals?

If the answer is no, ascended gear is not needed for content outside of fractals. You’re good!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azmah.1206

Azmah.1206

+1

Just ridiculous. Say you have 1 character of each weight, say a wvw an a pve set for each. Thats 180 laurels… shoot me now.

in Crafting

GabGar.4962

If the answer is no, ascended gear is not needed for content outside of fractals. You’re good!

Dude, the fractal level is about to be account wide, so your point is not valid, and theres also wvw where you want the max stats to survive more and do more dmg. so your point about just fractals is just not logic.

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

Dude, the fractal level is about to be account wide, so your point is not valid, and theres also wvw where you want the max stats to survive more and do more dmg. so your point about just fractals is just not logic.

…. Fractal level is account wide currently.

I have 12 characters. I play with 1 in fractals, used to be 2. Also please do not call me dude, thanks, my female genitals appreciate it!

My point is valid. It is literally the only place you need ascended gear. There is almost no chance of anyone playing high level fractals with more than a couple characters, and I would posit no chance of anyone doing it with 12.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Crafting

Posted by: Azmah.1206

Azmah.1206

Its about what people want lilith, not what they need. A huge portion of what people spend time on in game, is looks and ocd.

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh so you like the ascended gear looks enough to want 12 copies?

Got it, thanks.

[ARES]

in Crafting

GabGar.4962

…. Fractal level is account wide currently.

I have 12 characters. I play with 1 in fractals, used to be 2. Also please do not call me dude, thanks, my female genitals appreciate it!

My point is valid. It is literally the only place you need ascended gear. There is almost no chance of anyone playing high level fractals with more than a couple characters, and I would posit no chance of anyone doing it with 12.

And what about wvw? GW2 is not just about fractals, some of us want to have better performance in ALL the game, dungeons, wvw, pve events (like tequatl).

Sorry but theres more out there than fractals… And 30 laurels per set is too much, not logic and is ruining the gaming experience for those who invest more time on it, period.

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

But… You… Don’t need…. Ascended to play wvw?

A good player in exotics against a bad player in ascended should be fine. A good player in exotics against an equally good player in ascended would lose, yes, but who says you need 12 characters in ascended to have fun in wvw? Because at most you need 8 and you probably only need 1-3 if you have no real main class. You probably have 1-3 characters you mainly play in wvw, so sure, gear away if losing 5% of the one on one duels you have (if you’re a good player, which I’m assuming because I’m nice) really matters that much gold to you.

[ARES]

in Crafting

GabGar.4962

But… You… Don’t need…. Ascended to play wvw?

A good player in exotics against a bad player in ascended should be fine. A good player in exotics against an equally good player in ascended would lose, yes, but who says you need 12 characters in ascended to have fun in wvw? Because at most you need 8 and you probably only need 1-3 if you have no real main class. You probably have 1-3 characters you mainly play in wvw, so sure, gear away if losing 5% of the one on one duels you have (if you’re a good player, which I’m assuming because I’m nice) really matters that much gold to you.

Sorry but you dont get the point of the post, probably you are fine playing with 1 build and 1 style ALL the time, and thats fine, but a large portion of the gamer population want to experiment, get better with several builds, classes and playstyles, and for those is really punishing have to wait 30 natural days for get a set with the stats they need/want, is just too much.

You cant reward the same those who invest 15 hours in the game with those who enter 30 min daily to just get the dailies done, is just not fair.

And you say ascended is not neccesary, then why exotics? why not use greens or blues instead?

(edited by GabGar.4962)

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Do your daily each day, and you have 365 Laurels in a year. That’s enough to fully gear all 12 of your characters.

And you say ascended is not neccesary, then why exotics? why not use greens or blues instead?

Some of my characters do have blues and greens. Having all Exotics or Ascended gear doesn’t make you a better player.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

I mean I get what you’re saying. As a player who can only play on the weekends, laurels and their requirements stink. I get that. I am that.

But the thing is, ascended gear is for fractals. They are. They have infusion slots for agony. The non agony slots were added because non fractal runners wanted something more beneficial to them, so to make it fair, anet went with it. We fractal runners went and did our own time gated nonsense to get amulets and accessories so that we could participate in high level fractals. Because that’s what they’re for. Then weapons, which most often drop in fractals than anywhere else, and now armor. It’s time gated. Yes. Because anet does not want us getting these as quick and easy as we did exotics. They didn’t want that. They were shocked at how quickly that happened. So they had to introduce this to be time gated. And gold gated. So only the richest and most dedicated players could have a set or two. If it was Lt friendly, it would be too easy for someone with 1 80 (the majority of the player base) to get it, and they do not want that.

This game is not alt friendly. It never will be. They were nice when they made fractals account bound, but asking for more than that is asking anet to sign a death certificate to the game and it’s development because as soon as hardcores and dedicated players have nothing left to work for, the numbers will drop and so will their RL loot.

Edit: oh blues and greens, yeah, my 11 alts have those because why waste the gold and karma and …. Other nonsense on them? They’re there so I can have fun. My hardcore fully geared main is for the hardcore fully geared content. The others are for aesthetics, mixing it up so I don’t get bored, and learning how other classes work so they can be wrecked in pvp or wvw. Not that I do that often. But I dabble.

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I prepared for this update with so much anticipation, had materials to level 2 armor crafting professions to 500. But suddenly I check the cost of the recipes and is 5 laurels + 3 gold for EACH piece of armor, this is too much Anet…

This is absurd, it should be 5 laurels per armor SET. Just ridiculous.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

I mean I get what you’re saying. As a player who can only play on the weekends, laurels and their requirements stink. I get that. I am that.

But the thing is, ascended gear is for fractals. They are.

They are BiS items and a fully geared ascended player will have a significant advantage over one who is not in WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

They are BiS items and a fully geared ascended player will have a significant advantage over one who is not in WvW.

I’d like to know your quantitative definition of significant because I’m laughing over here.

[ARES]

in Crafting

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

I completely understand OP about the high amount of laurels needed for people with a lot of alts. I have 5 lvl 80s and plan on equipping at least three of those 80s with ascended armors. That being said, we all just need to learn to wait and enjoy the progress while we wait. If we get everything in less than a week, we would be bored and complaining for more things soon enough. So, yes I wish we could spend less laurels, but I also understand why: It would feel so good once we get all our ascended pieces together!

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Every little bit helps, it will make a difference

But also most of the wow population play on one character, only a few play on multiple because they may be needed

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

I completely understand OP about the high amount of laurels needed for people with a lot of alts. I have 5 lvl 80s and plan on equipping at least three of those 80s with ascended armors. That being said, we all just need to learn to wait and enjoy the progress while we wait. If we get everything in less than a week, we would be bored and complaining for more things soon enough. So, yes I wish we could spend less laurels, but I also understand why: It would feel so good once we get all our ascended pieces together!

I like you. Seriously, you make the most sense out of everyone. +1

[ARES]

in Crafting

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

What’s a more dedicated player?

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Stop thinking that your overly dedicated behavior deserves to be rewarded. Just because Anet allows for more than one character slot doesn’t mean you have to use them. You’re the one creating this burden for yourself, not Anet.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

First of all, I have 12 chars at 80, I love to play different classes because I get bored quickly just playing one, I have 6 of them with several ascended items (weapons, accesories)

For those with several characters, for those who invest in experimenting with different builds have to wait 30 days for EACH set of armor is just excesive, Anet you are punishing the players who invest more hours in your game, by forcing to wait natural days to get laurels to buy the recipes.

This is enough reason to think about leaving the game.

I understand your point, but you’re skipping past a lot of things to make it.

• Ascended gear is meant to be a long term goal, not something you should have instantly on all characters when they hit 80 (like exotic)
  • You don’t need ascended armor. It will quickly become relevant in WvW because your enemies will start acquiring it, and it could be helpful in fractals, but you’ve survived perfectly fine so far without it.
  • You only need 30 laurels for each set of armor if there’s absolutely no overlap between the the types of armor that you’re purchasing.
  • You act as if we all have to start from 0 laurels with this release. If you’re truly dedicated, like you say, you’ve already acquired hundreds of laurels from dailies, monthlies, and achievement rewards. I bought three characters worth of ascended trinkets, an Endless Mystery Cat Tonic, Goedulf, Chauncey von Snuffles III, all 8 crafting starter boxes, a handful of infusions, a few ascended weapon recipes, a taste of liquid world experience for each daily “big spender”, and I still have 60-something left over.

A dedicated player would never think about leaving the game over something this minor.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

You cant reward the same those who invest 15 hours in the game with those who enter 30 min daily to just get the dailies done, is just not fair.

Actually they can and they will. That is how is game was designed. To where people that can only play a little bit at a time would not fall behind the ones that could play hours at a time every day.

It is totally fair because that is the way it has been since the game started, the way it was advertised to us. Where do you get off saying it is not fair. That can go both ways.

Hjorje

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

I’d like to know your quantitative definition of significant because I’m laughing over here.

10% even before armor is significant.

By making them BiS they have moved beyond just being for fractals.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

Stop thinking that your overly dedicated behavior deserves to be rewarded. Just because Anet allows for more than one character slot doesn’t mean you have to use them. You’re the one creating this burden for yourself, not Anet.

Playing on alts means variety which leads to players staying in the game longer. So anet is just shooting themselves in the foot here.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Playing on alts means variety which leads to players staying in the game longer. So anet is just shooting themselves in the foot here.

Are you saying that not having the best gear is game breaking?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

I completely understand OP about the high amount of laurels needed for people with a lot of alts. I have 5 lvl 80s and plan on equipping at least three of those 80s with ascended armors. That being said, we all just need to learn to wait and enjoy the progress while we wait. If we get everything in less than a week, we would be bored and complaining for more things soon enough.

Nope not if the actual living world content was good enough. To paraphrase a post I made a while ago my best time in the game was early this year before world XP was introduced in WvW and when the events in Orr hadn’t been nerfed. I had karma to outfit my l80s, I was easily able to experiment builds and easily gear up for new builds and just play and experiment to my hearts content.

I had to make sure I did dailies and monthlies for laurels but whilst they were something of a job it wasn’t that bad. I was able to use some mats to make some vanity weapons like abyssal scepter and the anomaly.

Now I have to do dailies and monthlies, I have to do my daily ascended crafting, I have to make sure I mine my quartz and convert it to charged quartz, I have to farm for mats required for ascended crafting in Orr and other areas or grind for gold to buy them. I’m restricted in the builds I can experiment with cause BiS is so hard to get.

Everything is a job or we’re restricted from playing how we want, and anet aren’t learning

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The actual thought that they are doing this to “punish” people with multiple ALTs (and for no other reason) is just ridiculous in the extreme…..if you have a valid REASON why ANet would want to punish people that bought multiple extra character slots, I’d like to hear it.

Simple fact, it SHOULD take 12 times more resources, effort and time to gear up 12 characters than one character….why this is a difficult concept to understand in these forums is beyond me. BTW, I have 10 characters, so I’m not unaffected by the OPs complaint.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

It’s not punishment. If you enjoy alts, then gearing them up is always going to take longer, as that is part of being an altoholic.

You actually have the potential to get more value for your currency, when compared to a player with one ‘main’ with several armor sets, because you have the possibility of using the same recipes multiple times across several characters. The ‘main’ will only use each recipe once.

Yes, I agree that the time gating is somewhat irritating, but it seems to be ANet’s preferred method of introducing “long term” goals.

in Crafting

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

Well lilith, while I agree with you that the difference between ascended and exotics armor will be felt the most in high level fractals, I must say that you dismissing the desire to be best geared for ANY part of the game is a little reductive. I play fractals, but even if I played only WvW or Dungeons I would want to get as many ascended sets as possible to be the best geared. You know those time were you are left with 10 HP and realise you were nearly downed? Well, in those case ascended armor would make the difference everywere, not only in fractals.

So, even tough I’m fine with everything else with the recipee (mats, skill points, gold), the amount of laurels needed to unlock a specific armor class, specific stat combo, specific armor piece is absolutely ridiculous. It works for weapons, but for armors it results in needing a stellar amount of laurels to do a single set. I mean, only to do fractals I like to switch between 3 armor sets, wich would mean 90 laurels only for my guard…

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I currently have 11 lvl 80 characters. 10 on one account and one on the other. I am fine with it taking time to get them outfitted. It keeps me busy the next 18 months. ;P

There is one thing that causes me grief. All my characters are not wearing Berserker gear, they have different stats. Having to pay for each armor piece recipe several times does not feel good at all. I’d rather pay more than ‘just’ karma for the insignia recipies and pay just once to be able to make the base armor item.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

With ascended gear, you get + 14 main stats, + 11 secondary stat (+ 1% crit dmg if that’s the secondary stat).

On heavy, you get 60 more armor, which translates into 3% more defense if you have no toughness at all, less than 2% if you already have toughness as secondary attribute on all your items and even less if you have toughness as primary stat.
If precision is your main stat, you get between + 0 and + 1 crit chance.
If power is your main stat, you deal roughly 0.3% more dmg unbuffed, 0.25% more buffed.
If toughness is your main stat, you get + 14 defense. You can add 25% of the gains of the armor. Congrats!
If vitality is your main stat, you get +14 vitality. Congrats, taht’s not even 1% more hit points.
I let you compute for the next stats.

So if I translate it correctly, you character is better by a mere 1-2% overall. Let’s fight. You in ascended armor, me in exotics. Well, if we play in the night and I switch my Sigil of Force to a Sigil of the Night, then I’ve gained more from my sigil than you from your ascended armor.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Crafting

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

I take it you haven’t seen the stat difference.

the difference in full berserker set is around +15power, 60 def, 10 prec. For the whole set. The invidual difference is around +1pow, +10def and 1 prec. It’s hardly even a 1% increase compared to exotics for a set of 6 pieces. If you die in wvw, it has nothing to do with ascended armor.

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

This right here is major problem I see with whole issue. Creating whole new tier of armor just for fractals ( which are minor part of whole game) is simply stupid. Almost non-visible stat increase does not justify such material and time investment.

Was it worth all manpower and programing time just for armor that has importance only in minor part of game? And what is about huge number of ppl that dont even come near fractals? Is this the path ANet choosen to go, creating items useful for only very small part of playerbase?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vamexu.7650

Vamexu.7650

I like you. Seriously, you make the most sense out of everyone. +1

I also agree with the OP and Veasna. Also I can’t see ascended gear giving people an advantage in WvW at all. For example, the 5 stack buffs (vitality and power) acquired through guard slaying and guard defence mastery – I constantly kill these people when I don’t have the stacks and/or food buffs. WvW is all about your build and the skill with which you play that build. Exotic armour is more than enough.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I take it you haven’t seen the stat difference.

the difference in full berserker set is around +15power, 60 def, 10 prec. For the whole set. The invidual difference is around +1pow, +10def and 1 prec. It’s hardly even a 1% increase compared to exotics for a set of 6 pieces. If you die in wvw, it has nothing to do with ascended armor.

If you were speaking about my post. You actually just said what I said in my post, telling me that I said the opposite of you. Check the numbers I provided again. If you were not speaking about my post, just forget this one.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d say that over 20% damage increase on zerker sets (full sets – armor, weapons and trinkets) does definitely qualify for significant. Even for full bunkers it would be ~7% dmg increase and ~3% more damage reduction. It may seem small, but is enough to push even fights into one you win (or lose, depending whether you are ascended geared or not) 2 times out of 3.
That’s without counting potential infusions (and remember, that while we currently can use only +5 stat ones, +11 stat infusions are already in the database. and we can benefit from 14 of those at once).

The “ascended is for fractals and/or irrelevant” claim that is being thrown out around here is simply wrong. It’s like saying “exotics are for dungeons, you can do open world PvE without them just fine, and besides difference between them and rares is insignificant. Also, you don’t need to do dungeons at all”.
And then we go down tier after tier, activity after activity, and we’ll learn, that we can perfectly play tp standing in LA in whites, and wanting anything more is either luxury or entitlement. Or both.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

If you were speaking about my post. You actually just said what I said in my post, telling me that I said the opposite of you. Check the numbers I provided again. If you were not speaking about my post, just forget this one.

We wrote the posts at the same time, you just pressed send five minutes earlier than me. I’m very slow at posting anything, and then I lazed out on deleting mine. : P
/just to make things clear

in Crafting

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Actually they are not punishing anyone. If there was no limitation some people would have full ascended armor really fast and then cry for more and ArenaNet would have to introduced the next tier above ascended already which would make it even harder for new players to catch up.

This way it will take longer and people that are farming a lot – the “more dedicated players” – will have more fun because they can have fun a lot more time and not get all armor at day 1 and say “i’m finished, i’m bored, introduce new stuff”.

in Crafting

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

Now GW2 is Grind game ? GW anti-grind game, Gw2 start no grind game like and now Arena net transform in Grind game.

Nice article on mmorpg about this http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8022

GW2 will die with grind, 40 days to farm and craft one part of armor, 240 days to one armor set, 120 days after start and get half set we’ll need start again because AR nerf my profession and need other stats in armor.

Yes i want end my armor in first day, i’ll be really happy, because i don’t will need lost time in GRIND,FARM and etc and i’ll back to do important things like have a fun in WxW.

GRIND WILL KILL GW2 arena net put grind in WILD STAR and respect original game idea of Guild wars franchising NO GRIND GAME.

in Crafting

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

40 days to craft one armor part in one game that’s each month have nerf in professions ?

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think that the math given by Fror proves my point. There isn’t a significant increase in stats for it to actually matter. Don’t be mad at me that the grind is “unreasonable”, because wanting / feeling the need to quickly equip more than 2 or 3 characters immediately seems unreasonable to me.

You are all missing the point. Very few people are going to equip more than 1-3 characters in full ascended in the first couple months. Because it’s time gated. Only the really rich and the really ambitious will even have a full set this week, let alone more than one character. You won’t be overrun in wvw. There is literally no “punishing” here.

Punishing is taking away progress or items. Punishment is banning and flood control. Adding a grind for the highest gear that is really only used as a prestige item is not punishment. It is anet’s way of keeping people in the game working on something.

[ARES]

in Crafting

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I have 7 level 80’s and one on the way. I like playing all the professions, but I really have three mains. One of the mains is to do fractals and dungeons, another is for PvE and the final main is for WvW. I do play the others, just not as frequently.

Having said that, I really only need one set of ascended armor. I will work toward that and be happy when it is done. I will slowly work toward more for my other toons. Ascended armor is supposed to be an end game goal, not a simple or cheap thing to acquire. If it was then it would just be a little bit better exotic.

As far as punishing dedicated players, I have seen just as many people who because of work and family are not able to play as much or long as “dedicated players.” They have complained that they are being punished because they cannot get things as fast or as easy as these so-called “dedicated players.” Bottom line is you can’t make everyone happy. As Hjorje said above this game was made to accommodate both casual and more hardcore players.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You are all missing the point. Very few people are going to equip more than 1-3 characters in full ascended in the first couple months. Because it’s time gated. Only the really rich and the really ambitious will even have a full set this week, let alone more than one character.

And that’s bad. We’re not only dividing the community into haves and have-nots, but we’re also making sure that the first group will also have a significant (yes, significant, there’s lot of math on full set difference, and it’s not 1-2%. Fror calculated only the armor, which is the least important of all ascended gear) stat advantage.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

You are all missing the point. Very few people are going to equip more than 1-3 characters in full ascended in the first couple months. Because it’s time gated. Only the really rich and the really ambitious will even have a full set this week, let alone more than one character.

And that’s bad. We’re not only dividing the community into haves and have-nots, but we’re also making sure that the first group will also have a significant (yes, significant, there’s lot of math on full set difference, and it’s not 1-2%. Fror calculated only the armor, which is the least important of all ascended gear) stat advantage.

I love how people like you conveniently snip the rest of the information. If few people, have it, it doesn’t actually matter in wvw. If you are really concerned about your 5th alt not having ascended armor and weapons in wvw whereas you have 1-3 alts outfitted you’re just plain silly.

Ascended armor and weapons and legendary weapons are NOT MEANT for every alt and every character and every player. They aren’t. That’s the truth. If you really can’t accept that get Pokemon and an action replay (game shark for us older folk) and get your unlimited rare candies for free and your stat increases for free. You won’t have to worry about ascended armor ever again.

[ARES]

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

All of this is either fear-mongering or self-delusion. Have and Have-Not’s have existed in this game since release and are a non-issue in actual gameplay (sans speed run Dungeon / Fractal PuGs). Every player has the potential to obtain Ascended if they so desire and put in the effort. Why does it REALLY matter how long it takes each individual?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Artemis.4059

Artemis.4059

What I think is the worst thing about time gated content/gear etc is that if you want to have it the quickest possible way, you NEED to log in every day and make sure you do certain things in game EVERY DAY (daily / farming for monthly, crafting daily parts etc).

If you miss few days, you can not “play more to close the gap”, like you could with exotics or any other stuff, when you can just log in and play more one day (got more gold / karma) and it somehow balanced your break from the game.

So if you don’t have a lot time for playing but you want to quickly get ascended armor – you need to make sure that each day you do those activities which might not be the things you actually enjoy. also, it may leave you with little to no time to do things you like doing. – BAD

On the other hand, if you are the one who plays a lot – it won’t matter as it will not fasten the process of obtaining set. – BAD

What I mean is things like dailies / laurels being the only currency for certain things gives you a feeling of urgency, that you HAVE to log in, be it just for those activites. If it is like that, you start to treat the game as a job – BAD

I can understand it from ArenaNets point, as they want players logging every day. but for players, it is just a cheap trick that indirectly forces you (if you want to get this gear) into doing certain things in game every day in order not to stay behind with gear.

Brother Grimm – of course it matters how long it takes to obtain set. Why? well – if someone just realized that it will take him a year to gear up his characters, he might aswell say – screw it, who knows if i will be playing the game by that time? or maybe they will release new tier / content that requires lots of effort to obtain. Point is – if it takes too long, majority of people won’t care – and if ascended armor was created with minority in mind, why even put effort and money to create that in the first place.

I hope my post is clear and you get what I mean, i did my best

(edited by Artemis.4059)

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

What I think is the worst thing about time gated content/gear etc is that if you want to have it the quickest possible way, you NEED to log in every day and make sure you do certain things in game EVERY DAY (daily / farming for monthly, crafting daily parts etc).

If you miss few days, you can not “play more to close the gap”, like you could with exotics or any other stuff, when you can just log in and play more one day (got more gold / karma) and it somehow balanced your break from the game.

So if you don’t have a lot time for playing but you want to quickly get ascended armor – you need to make sure that each day you do those activities which might not be the things you actually enjoy. also, it may leave you with little to no time to do things you like doing. – BAD

On the other hand, if you are the one who plays a lot – it won’t matter as it will not fasten the process of obtaining set. – BAD

What I mean is things like dailies / laurels being the only currency for certain things gives you a feeling of urgency, that you HAVE to log in, be it just for those activites. If it is like that, you start to treat the game as a job – BAD

I can understand it from ArenaNets point, as they want players logging every day. but for players, it is just a cheap trick that indirectly forces you (if you want to get this gear) into doing certain things in game every day in order not to stay behind with gear.

I hope my post is clear and you get what I mean, i did my best

You can buy the cloth and stuff with gold. If you have enough gold or It means so much you are willing to spend RL money you don’t have to sign on everyday. You can sign in once, pay 100$ or however much it would be, and have your equipment that day.

Except for the laurels. But I mean 30 isn’t that much. Given monthlies and dailies and AP rewards it’s like 2 weeks and unless you’ve spent them All (which I did, but that’s because I like dyes and don’t care about getting equipment the day of) you should have enough in at most a month.

I just don’t feel like they’re asking for all that much in a B2P mmo to have players stick around and play a bit each week and have to work a little to get so called BiS gear which is more BS than anything.

[ARES]

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Another it takes more time to gear multiple characters than it does to gear one thread.

OP Please note that you are not being punished. You are being treated the same as everyone else. It’s unfortunate for you that you can’t have it all right away, but it certainly isn’t punishment. There is no penalty being enforced on you.

Entitlement- The fact of having a right to something.

We all have access to it and it’s cost doesn’t change based on our account stats or how many characters we have. The cost only changes based on how much we want to buy.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stormlord.6379

Stormlord.6379

Sorry but Lilith is right. You are wrong. Live with it. Its not the end of the world.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Someone forgot you can do stuff in Exotic armor. It is YOUR choice to gear up any number of characters you want. You aren’t being forced to do it. In fact, the idea that fractal level is account wide is a BLESSING for people with 8 characters.

Seriously … OP complains it’s too much cost but then complains about time gated mats … which FORCES you to wait and enables you to get more gold to solve problem #1 … What a serendipitous coincidence :/

Entitled much?

(edited by Obtena.7952)