Tailor! Or: How to get poor with crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Well, call it elonian whine but I think scraps of all kind could use a drop-rate-increase.
To be honest, just look at the prices in the tp for deldrimor steel, elonian leather and damask and tell me what you see.

Not to forget:
-Cloth is the only resource needed for tailors, leather workers and armor smiths to create armor-components and insignias
-Three professions use light armor
-Prove me wrong, but considering bags, salvage-items and salvageable armor-drops, cloth seems to have the fiewest sources of all armor-mats

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think that’s the point.

Anet want us to be poor regardless of weather we wear heavy/leather/cloth. Sounds fair.

Oh ya, Anet want us to grind regardless what you believe. So we can get sick of it and buy gems.

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Like what they advertised, you can always convert gems to gold.

And usually the people who convert gems to gold are the ones who have paid real money for gems, otherwise, if you have paid gold for gems, you have to wait for gems prices to rise enough for you to make a profit.

If players are feeling rich, then who would be motivated to convert gems to gold? And if nobody does that, where is the real money income coming from?

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Crafting

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

After I finished making my ascended armors, Tailor in fact gives me some decent profit from selling bolts of damask and some tailor’s pieces.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

-Prove me wrong, but considering bags, salvage-items and salvageable armor-drops, cloth seems to have the fiewest sources of all armor-mats

You are wrong.
There are way more bags that contain cloth and leather compared to ore (and wood).
Salvaging a light coat also yields more cloth than salvaging a heavy coat for ore.

I am not 100% sure about salvage items as i cant find my data sheet atm but i am quite certain that discarded garments yield as much cloth as valuable metal scraps yield ore, if not more.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Nah Bloin, you forgot that you can’t farm cloth. You have to salvage drops for cloth.

You can farm ore and wood until you’re blue in the face. Trust me, I am blue in the face because that’s what I’ve been doing so that I can buy the last few bits that I need for my Sunrise.

The price difference between ascended cloth, leather, metal and wood is a reflection on the fact that drop rates for leather items is quite high, and you can farm ore and wood.

Cloth drop rates suck by comparison, even silk.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Cloth needs to have a gathering function, similar to ore and wood. It’s really that simple. Since most cloth sources come from either an animal or plant, it wouldn’t be too unrealistic to use the sickle as it’s gathering tool.

Edit: (Had to grab this from my other post a few months back)

Examples:

Jute – Is made from a vegetable fiber. Add some plant nodes to the world, which can be harvested with the existing scythes, which give us jute scraps when harvested.

Wool – Comes from various animals. Technically ‘wool’ is from sheep, but goats and rabbits would suffice too. This might require an additional harvesting tool (sheers), although the scythe might work, but sheep and rabbits exist in the game already. Maybe make some of them into harvest-able ‘nodes’ and let us sheer some wool scraps from them.

Cotton – Also a plant. Would work similarly to jute.

Linen – Again, also a plant. Comes from the flax plant, so again could work like jute.

Silk – Comes from insect cocoons, typically the best known comes from a moth, but fro game purposes there are any number of furflies, and such which could potentially offer ‘cocoons’ for collecting.

Gossamer – The definition of this is ‘a spider’s web’ or ‘a very light, delicate material,’ so let us harvest it from certain spider’s webs.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Nah Bloin, you forgot that you can’t farm cloth. You have to salvage drops for cloth.

You can farm ore and wood until you’re blue in the face. Trust me, I am blue in the face because that’s what I’ve been doing so that I can buy the last few bits that I need for my Sunrise.

The price difference between ascended cloth, leather, metal and wood is a reflection on the fact that drop rates for leather items is quite high, and you can farm ore and wood.

I didnt forget that. The OP was talking about loot bags and salvage rates. All those favour cloth.

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I didnt forget that. The OP was talking about loot bags and salvage rates. All those favour cloth.

Bags and salvaging may favor cloth, but it sure don’t seem like it. Cloth seems to always be the one (basic) material I lack in. Have oodles and oodles of ore and wood…

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Bags and salvaging may favor cloth, but it sure don’t seem like it. Cloth seems to always be the one (basic) material I lack in. Have oodles and oodles of ore and wood…

But that doesnt neccessarily mean that cloth drops less, it could also be that demand is just higher for cloth.

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

But that doesnt neccessarily mean that cloth drops less, it could also be that demand is just higher for cloth.

I’d say I could see the demand being higher because all 3 armor crafts use it, but wood and ore are used in more of the professions (like 5 of them) and don’t seem to have the same issue (except maybe ancient and orichalcum, but that’s slightly different I think).

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

I’d say I could see the demand being higher because all 3 armor crafts use it, but wood and ore are used in more of the professions (like 5 of them) and don’t seem to have the same issue (except maybe ancient and orichalcum, but that’s slightly different I think).

mithril ingot only use 2 ore. bolt of silk use 3. you need 100 silk bolt for ecto refinement, the other material use 50.

basically a deldrimore steel ingot use 100 mitirl ore. But a bolt of damask use 300 silk scrap.

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

mithril ingot only use 2 ore. bolt of silk use 3. you need 100 silk bolt for ecto refinement, the other material use 50.

basically a deldrimore steel ingot use 100 mitirl ore. But a bolt of damask use 300 silk scrap.

i’m aware of this. i’m not looking specifically at ascended though, that just compounds the issue.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

i’m aware of this. i’m not looking specifically at ascended though, that just compounds the issue.

well silk went from 8 copper to 1.91 silver just because of ascended. So ascended is probably the main cause.

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

Actually I just wanted to list the sources of the material.
To compare:
Cloth: Salvage items(2 different ones per tier), salvaging light armor(can’t really say I get it from medium or heavy armor), bags.
Leather: Salvage items(3 different ones per tier), salvaging medium armor, bags
Ore: Salvage items(2 per tier), bags, farming ore nodes, salvaging heavy armor or almost any weapon
Wood: Salvaging almost any weapon, farming trees

In all cases farming gives the most resources.

So yeah, while there are just two professions with medium armor and three professions with light armor, there are three salvage items for leather and two for cloth?!

Not to forget: People with multiple sets.
While players might run with multiple weapon-sets, I don’t know anyone who runs with six different weapons for each stat-set, while you need six pieces of any armor to have a full set.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

everyone would need like 7500-10800 silk just for one set ascended armor.

Only heavy armor need mithril ore and only need 1600.

You really don’t need that many mithril ore and wood for ascended weapon. For example an ascended greatsword only need 900 mithril and 450 wood. Or staff need 1350 wood and 300 mithril.

So unless everyone crafted like 15 ascended weapons for 1 set or armor, the amount of silk use are far more than wood and ore.

Obviously there is many things to consider, but if we just look at ascended crafting, the amount of silk needed is quite a lot compare to wood and ore. That is probably why silk is far more expensive.

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

well silk went from 8 copper to 1.91 silver just because of ascended. So ascended is probably the main cause.

I wasn’t looking at just silk though. People have complained about issues with cloth prior to ascended’s introduction. Not generally about silk, more along the line of wool, cotton, and linen. Yes, silk is a little bit of an issue now with the change from 2 scraps to 3 and the addition of ascended needing 100 bolts per (that was an omg wtf moment), but I was looking at the bigger picture regarding cloth as a whole.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

I wasn’t looking at just silk though. People have complained about issues with cloth prior to ascended’s introduction. Not generally about silk, more along the line of wool, cotton, and linen. Yes, silk is a little bit of an issue now with the change from 2 scraps to 3 and the addition of ascended needing 100 bolts per (that was an omg wtf moment), but I was looking at the bigger picture regarding cloth as a whole.

things like iron will always be stable with all the miners. leather isn’t used as much. wood can be harvest, not to mention artificer spam potions instead of using wood for leveling.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Actually I just wanted to list the sources of the material.
To compare:
Cloth: Salvage items(2 different ones per tier), salvaging light armor(can’t really say I get it from medium or heavy armor), bags.
Leather: Salvage items(3 different ones per tier), salvaging medium armor, bags
Ore: Salvage items(2 per tier), bags, farming ore nodes, salvaging heavy armor or almost any weapon
Wood: Salvaging almost any weapon, farming trees

In all cases farming gives the most resources.

So yeah, while there are just two professions with medium armor and three professions with light armor, there are three salvage items for leather and two for cloth?!

Not to forget: People with multiple sets.
While players might run with multiple weapon-sets, I don’t know anyone who runs with six different weapons for each stat-set, while you need six pieces of any armor to have a full set.

You are basically proving my point, its not the supply that is out of balance, its the demand.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you gather a lot, doesn’t that make a bit of sense?

If you farmed enemies that drop loot bags as much as you farmed nodes (using the term “farm” loosely here), it would likely be the opposite.

In terms of Ascended gear, they SHOULD lower the Silk requirement for Damask to something closer to what is required for the other 2 armors…..the difference in materials required for light Ascended is out of whack by a LOT.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If you gather a lot, doesn’t that make a bit of sense?

If you farmed enemies that drop loot bags as much as you farmed nodes (using the term “farm” loosely here), it would likely be the opposite.

In terms of Ascended gear, they SHOULD lower the Silk requirement for Damask to something closer to what is required for the other 2 armors…..the difference in materials required for light Ascended is out of whack by a LOT.

I do both actually, gather and farm. I never ever have enough cloth. Even prior to ascended. Typically I spend more time farming for bags and cloth salvageable items than I spend gathering ore and wood nodes, thus my complaint/concern. Maybe I just have super terrible luck? I don’t know.

Yes, in terms of ascended gear, the light armor reqs are very much out of whack. You’ll get no arguments from me on that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Cloth needs to have a gathering function, similar to ore and wood. It’s really that simple. Since most cloth sources come from either an animal or plant, it wouldn’t be too unrealistic to use the sickle as it’s gathering tool.

Examples:

Jute – Is made from a vegetable fiber. Add some plant nodes to the world, which can be harvested with the existing scythes, which give us jute scraps when harvested.

Wool – Comes from various animals. Technically ‘wool’ is from sheep, but goats and rabbits would suffice too. This might require an additional harvesting tool (sheers), although the scythe might work, but sheep and rabbits exist in the game already. Maybe make some of them into harvest-able ‘nodes’ and let us sheer some wool scraps from them.

Linen – Again, also a plant. Comes from the flax plant, so again could work like jute.

Silk – Comes from insect cocoons, typically the best known comes from a moth, but fro game purposes there are any number of furflies, and such which could potentially offer ‘cocoons’ for collecting.

Gossamer – The definition of this is ‘a spider’s web’ or ‘a very light, delicate material,’ so let us harvest it from certain spider’s webs.

Ohgods yes. Being able to actually harvest cloth would be fantastic. Even if it were 2-3 “fibers” per scrap, then the usual scrap-to-bolt rate.

FF14 had one of the better craft setups available. With the right training and levels, you could scrounge and harvest for just about everything in the game (except endgame gear, which used dungeon drops).

That we have to rely on drops for cloth is an antiquated notion and really unbalanced considering how prevalent cloth is in crafting.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Crafting

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

Examples:

Interestingly there already exist “farms” in the world where cooking ingredients are clustered. It would be a very simple matter to incorporate similar ones for all the above suggestions. Make a small enclosure for sheep/goats for wool, and as for Silk, Silkworms are fed on the leaves of mulberry trees. Just use the existing skins for blueberry/raspberry bushes and label them Mulberry Bushes. Slap down a Veteran mob to guard them and presto.

One idea I had regarding this in fact was to make more use of each player’s home instance. We can already get nodes in there, so how about a farm? Have say, 4 base fields, and to get seeds you harvest plants in the game world. We plant crops, harvest them later., anything from jute and cotton to truffles and omnomnomberries. Have an enclosure where you can raise livestock: chickens for eggs and poultry meat, cows for leather and meat, sheep for wool. Capture the critters in the game world and take them home to breed and fatten up. All the assets already exist in the game and there’s plenty of dead space in every home instance where this could be incorporated. And to really sweeten the deal for Anet, gem store possibilities! Fertilizers that make crops ripen faster, unlimited use tools for taming livestock in the wild, farmer outfit, additional crop fields.

Yes it’s probably a bit Farmville but hey, we already farm in the game.

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

Examples:

Interestingly there already exist “farms” in the world where cooking ingredients are clustered. It would be a very simple matter to incorporate similar ones for all the above suggestions. Make a small enclosure for sheep/goats for wool, and as for Silk, Silkworms are fed on the leaves of mulberry trees. Just use the existing skins for blueberry/raspberry bushes and label them Mulberry Bushes. Slap down a Veteran mob to guard them and presto.

One idea I had regarding this in fact was to make more use of each player’s home instance. We can already get nodes in there, so how about a farm? Have say, 4 base fields, and to get seeds you harvest plants in the game world. We plant crops, harvest them later., anything from jute and cotton to truffles and omnomnomberries. Have an enclosure where you can raise livestock: chickens for eggs and poultry meat, cows for leather and meat, sheep for wool. Capture the critters in the game world and take them home to breed and fatten up. All the assets already exist in the game and there’s plenty of dead space in every home instance where this could be incorporated. And to really sweeten the deal for Anet, gem store possibilities! Fertilizers that make crops ripen faster, unlimited use tools for taming livestock in the wild, farmer outfit, additional crop fields.

Yes it’s probably a bit Farmville but hey, we already farm in the game.

I actually had that idea too for some time. At least regarding herb-nodes and wood-nodes.
I’d love to see something like that, but implemented with more love than the nodes already aviable the home-instance. Seriously: Anet has one of the best artwork-teams I’ve seen in game-development and each node you earn is in no way integrated into the home-instance. Ore-nodes are lovelessly placed on some free place, even plastered streets, rather than choosing some corner where they could fit into the design by sticking out of the earth.
But back to the scraps: I would love an agricultural lab for my asura home instance with little golems to water the fields. A small home with a garden in the human instance. A garden-corner in the charr-instance with a fence that looks like it could shred a minotaur and so on…
As you’ve mentioned: They have all the assets, why not put them to use?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Um, I crafted to 500, and made one set of ascended armor and will soon make my second, also just crafted a Legendary weapon, and I never bought (except for a very small amount) any materials at all. Why would you go broke crafting, I just don’t get……..oooh wait.
You power leveled to 80 and now you are kittened that you have to do not have cash to buy all your materials
Go back and harvest your materials with a new set of Characters..

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Um, I crafted to 500, and made one set of ascended armor and will soon make my second, also just crafted a Legendary weapon, and I never bought (except for a very small amount) any materials at all. Why would you go broke crafting, I just don’t get……..oooh wait.
You power leveled to 80 and now you are kittened that you have to do not have cash to buy all your materials

Assume some more why don’t you. Some of us have pointed out that we do gather as we play, and salvage drops, etc. No power power leveling involved. Of course, some of us don’t spent 6+ hours a day on the game every day either…

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

Actually…nope.
You couldn’t be further away. I’m playing the game since the Beta and my first char turned 80 shortly after release. So no power-leveling.
I got all crafting professions on 400, except for tailor, leather worker and artificer, which are on 500, so I’ve got at least some experience in the crafting-professions.
From what you wrote, I guess you’ve got a lot more free time at your hand than I do. If you got the time to power-farm, I’ve got no problem with that.

But here’s an experiment for you: Write down what crafting materials you got atm.
Ignore your stock and freshly farm the materials for:
3 Deldrimor Steel Ingots
3 Ghostwood Planks
3 Bolts of Damask
3 Elonian Leather Squares
without buying any extra cloth, leather, wood or ore or applying boosters you may stocked up.
You don’t have to craft them, just get the mats together and write down how long it took you to farm the materials for each of the four ascended materials.

If it ends up the same way as it did for me, you will need the longest time to get the mats for Damask. In my case, I could level my leatherworker from 400 to 500 and easily craft the 15 elonian leather squares for the gift of blades in the time it took me to get enough damask for my ascended light chest-piece.

I got nine chars I rotate inbetween, so I get a good mixture of different material-tiers and trust me: The high price of cloth is not just because there may be a huge demand for it, it’s also because it’s the hardest material to get collected. Good for people who don’t need it and sell it, bad for people who need it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I REALLY like that idea with the farming plots where we can grow our own plants/cloth for harvest. Definitely Farmville-ish, but I always love ideas that inject more life and purpose into our Home Instances.

in Crafting

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

Farm the centaurs in Harathi Hinterlands. There are several events that run in the area that’ll net you a bunch of supply bags which can drop T3 and T4 mats, including cotton and linen scraps. It’s not difficult to get these resources, it just takes time.

(But yes, tailoring mats are expensive compared to others. It’s a bit annoying.)

(edited by endirasae.3015)

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Examples:

Interesting. While the only one that I can see being viable for gathering is cotton, it doesn’t make sense to be able to “gather” cloth. Yes, some of those cloth scraps are made from plant materials, there is still a bunch of refinement needed to make it into cloth. I like the idea that you can’t gather cloth bits, and yes it does make the cloth for crafting very exspenive, but it works. However I do think that adding full bolts as drops would be a better alternative, than making it gatherable, or even increasing the drop rate.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

Examples:

Interesting. While the only one that I can see being viable for gathering is cotton, it doesn’t make sense to be able to “gather” cloth. Yes, some of those cloth scraps are made from plant materials, there is still a bunch of refinement needed to make it into cloth. I like the idea that you can’t gather cloth bits, and yes it does make the cloth for crafting very exspenive, but it works. However I do think that adding full bolts as drops would be a better alternative, than making it gatherable, or even increasing the drop rate.

Adding full bolts would be an alternative that would help solving the problem, that’s right.

On a sidenote regarding the gathering idea:
I don’t think that gathering plantfibers from nodes would be that farfetched.
You already get fibers if the tier of your sickle is too low for the cooking-mat-node.
Not to mention that the crafting-system already skips some steps to keep the crafting easier.

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Examples:

Well, even with cotton there is refinement involved (removing the seeds, then unmatting the material very similarly to wool). Technically speaking though, we skip these minor refinement stages when we gather both wood and ore too. You don’t just chop a tree and immediate have 3 nice logs, there’s delimbing and such involved. Or mine an ore vein and get 3 three nice chunks of ore, its really not that simple lol. I was just using the same general pattern. Of course, I wouldn’t necessarily be against having that refinement step in there either, depending on how much could be gathered and the cost to refine it.

I’m not against simply upping the drop rate or adding full bolts as drops to the game, but I find it odd that cloth and leather have no ‘production’ which accounts for their creation and availability in game. I simply dislike the inconsistency. shrug

in Crafting

pdavis.8031

Perhaps you are right. Either way, tailoring needs to be fixed. Even if the cost for bolts of damask were to remain the same (which I think they should, otherwise you can craft them for cheaper via tailoring and use them for other professions) the AMOUNT needed for Ascended light armor should be lowered.

recognize my command!”

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Perhaps you are right. Either way, tailoring needs to be fixed. Even if the cost for bolts of damask were to remain the same (which I think they should, otherwise you can craft them for cheaper via tailoring and use them for other professions) the AMOUNT needed for Ascended light armor should be lowered.

Well, honestly, if they adjust the damask recipe, it would need to be across the board, not just in regards to tailoring. Which would negate the concern you have there.

They need to do something though, that’s for sure. My light armor characters feel abused.

in Crafting

pdavis.8031

I feel the same, thats why I haven’t even touched light armor crafting on my alts. It’s just not worth it.

recognize my command!”

in Crafting

LanfearShadowflame.3189

lol

Unfortunately my lights are my main classes…

weeps silently

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

Well, honestly, if they adjust the damask recipe, it would need to be across the board, not just in regards to tailoring. Which would negate the concern you have there.

They need to do something though, that’s for sure. My light armor characters feel abused.

I rolled this post up with the tailor-angle because…well…look at how much Damask they need.
Of course the Damask-recipe would have to be changed for every crafter, however, I kinda feel that just changing the recipes wouldn’t do much in regards of the situation.

Just do the following experiment: Open the trading post, set the filter on crafting materials and search for “ore”, “section” and “scrap”.
Every scrap costs more than one silver, going to six and above in some cases, while leather is barely leaving the copper-mark. Ore being somewhat in the middle.
I’m not really surprised with the leather-prices. Whenever I go and try to farm some cloth scraps of any tier, I end up with twice the amount of ore and thrice(or even more) the amount of leather.

I don’t know why the people at Arenanet did the recipes for ascended crafting like that.
The mechanics of the crafting-system in this game are some of the best I’ve ever seen. When the game launched it was extreme fun to start my first character and level my crafting parallel to my character-level, giving me the feeling of preparing my gear to go on adventuring again.
I can only imagine how crappy it must be for new players to start crafting and be confronted with these prices if they want to buy one missing mat.
With ore and wood they can go out and gather them from the nodes, but if you’re looking for scraps, good luck.

The only thing I could imagine to be a sufficient sollution to the problem is a significant raise in the drop rates of cloth scraps or a new, additional source while overhauling the requirements of low tier mats in ascended crafting to give new players a chance to raise their crafting skills. Rather increase the amount of account-bound mats to craft ascended gear.

lol

Unfortunately my lights are my main classes…

weeps silently

I’m feeling with you. I got the same problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think that increasing the amount of cloth scraps obtained from salvage by 50% might be a way of easing their scarcity. However, as I said in another thread, it looks like the market IS capable of bearing current cloth prices, so odds are low we’ll see any changes anytime soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

There a reason 3/5 of my characters are Adventurers…

It’s not that cloth drops less (in fact it drops more, as Wanze stated), it’s just that there are more sinks for cloth than for leather and therefore always more of a surplus of leather on the TP and thereby depressing those prices relative to cloth.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

It’s not that cloth drops less (in fact it drops more, as Wanze stated), it’s just that there are more sinks for cloth than for leather and therefore always more of a surplus of leather on the TP and thereby depressing those prices relative to cloth.

Actually, I’ve got to disagree with Wanze and I also listed why.
I never had any session in GW2 where I got more cloth scraps than I got leather.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I never had any session in GW2 where I got more cloth scraps than I got leather.

You are basically proving my point, its not the supply that is out of balance, its the demand.

Also, are your “sessions” (or the data from them) of any statistical significance? If not you are simply crying wolf on the supply side of the problem…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

(edited by KyreneZA.8617)

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Plz let us go and pick cotton plants etc. for a chance at scraps a-net.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

tekfan.3179

Also, are your “sessions” (or the data from them) of any statistical significance? If not you are simply crying wolf on the supply side of the problem…

So far I didn’t write them down.
I compared the numbers of scraps, sections and ore I get out from emptying my inventory(salvaging drops, opening bags), before I dumped it into my bank.
Since doing analysis of numbers is a part of what I do for a living, I wasn’t so driven to start a statistics excel-table in my freetime.

If you prefer written numbers, I can start to put them into an excel-table and note what I did (so things like the leather-galore bound to the chain towards the centaur world boss can be considered in the evaluation of the data). Graphs included of course.
However, it would take at least the time you’d deem sufficient to deliver significant, statistical data.

in Crafting

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Anet used to allow us to take supplies from the centaurs. It wasn’t much like a carrot and thread but expanding on the idea could be viable. Instead of nodes we could finish a DE and then be able to harvest cloth from the supplies of bandits, centaurs, harpies, kraits, undead, etc.
It would tie in successful DE’s with a few harvestable nodes in the camps that were taken.
EDIT: thinking about this for moment made me realize that it couldn’t be just any DE or people would camp and farm to the point of over-saturation of the market. Maybe put this in just a few of the DE’s on longer timers and it would still work.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

in Crafting

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Anet used to allow us to take supplies from the centaurs. It wasn’t much like a carrot and thread but expanding on the idea could be viable. Instead of nodes we could finish a DE and then be able to harvest cloth from the supplies of bandits, centaurs, harpies, kraits, undead, etc.
It would tie in successful DE’s with a few harvestable nodes in the camps that were taken.
EDIT: thinking about this for moment made me realize that it couldn’t be just any DE or people would camp and farm to the point of over-saturation of the market. Maybe put this in just a few of the DE’s on longer timers and it would still work.

Or random DE’s?
A (idk) 20% chance of a successful DE spawning cloth nodes? ..don’t know how easy it’d be to code that, but it would encourage people doing whatever DE they come across,a dn with no reason to farm over another.