Trying to get Dusk of Rage

in Crafting

Posted by: Spoonman.5763

Spoonman.5763

Hey guys,i have been trying to get dusk of rage via the mystic forge by using lvl 80 RARE greatswords and so far no luck i do get from time to time some exotic rage swords (witch cost about 2-3 gold in the TP) from it but still no dusk,so i have red the forums here and there and i see things are changed,alot of ppl r now saying u cant get dusk or dawn with RARE swords now it has to be EXOTIC greatswords.

So thats my question is it rare or exotic swords that u need for the forge?Why the switch?

Al so am 80% sure that magic find (it affects only mob drops) dosnt affect the forge but some of my friends r saying that it does affect it.So it does or it dosnt?

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

I know and have talked to people who have acquired legendary precursors with 4 lvl 80 rare swords after the 65+ rare issues was taken care of.

There is also a thread around here with a AN representative who said that it is still possible to get legendary precursors by combining lvl 80 rares.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Roziak.9501

Roziak.9501

Does that mean that if your using exotics they also have to be level 80 or can you use fx level 75 exotics?

(edited by Roziak.9501)

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/This-needs-to-be-addressed-Mystic-forge-and-Legendary-Pre-cursors/first#post225376

To sum it up:

Question posed:

1. Can we still attain the pre-cursors from lvl 75-80 rare weapons in mystic forge.
2. Can we still attain the pre-cursors from lvl 75-80 exotic weapons in the mystic forge.

LinseyMurdock’s answer:

I believe the issue was with rares of a lower level. So, the answers to 1. and 2. are yes.

Exactly, it was sub-lvl75 rares that were the issue. Not the 75-80 ones.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Roziak.9501

Roziak.9501

Cool. Thanks for the info mate

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashkon.2401

Ashkon.2401

Can level 70 exotics be used?

in Crafting

Posted by: CZR.8257

CZR.8257

Yes a guildie got The Hunter today useing 4, level 70 exotic guns.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arthok.5603

Arthok.5603

So, is it possible to truly get a precursor using lv 70 exotics? I managed to get Eir’s longbow with them… Must be a hint or something like that I suppose :S