Unfairness - Tailor/Leatherworker

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Just me who is bugged by this? It annoyed me at launch, and the resentment hasn’t gone away. Lets take Armorsmithing: you can gather Oricalchum out in the field or you can take a gamble and salvage potential loot for a chance at getting Oricalchum.

As a Tailor you have to take a gamble and salvage potential loot, as does a Leatherworker. This makes certain crafting professions a lot more expensive (potential loot loss and buying Salvage Kits) and just generally more annoying than they have to be.

Anyone else feel the same?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Well, armor smith needs leather and cloth too, just the same as the other armor professions, so they need salvaged mats too.

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

Well, armor smith needs leather and cloth too, just the same as the other armor professions, so they need salvaged mats too.

Cloth and leather are secondary materials for those professions, not primary materials as for Tailor/Leatherworker.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

True. I suppose it is a little on the unfair side that one of the armor professions has a mat that can be gathered, where the others have to rely on salvaging and RNG.

in Crafting

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

I salvage everything and have been doing so since the game came out. I’ve ended up with tons of cloth/leather, slightly less metal and hardly any wood, so nah, I don’t see anything unfair here. Blues/whites are hardly “potential loot”, you should be selling your greens to vendor anyway, and unless you’ve just hit 80 and have an actual use for a particular rare drop, you should be salvaging your rares for ecto.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fadari.6479

Fadari.6479

I haven’t seen a rare or exotic drop in three weeks or so let alone an ecto. Had to by 5 yesterday for the first time since launch. Wasn’t happy. Regarding OP though, I hit master crafter without too much of a problem, I did save up the mats for it though. If I had to try and master a craft now without loot dropping, it’d be tough.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fadari.6479

Fadari.6479

…………..buy*

in Crafting

Posted by: hartmoore.9632

hartmoore.9632

it’s not unfair…armorsmith needs to mine + salvage to get cloth….yet you can sell all the ores you gather.

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Maybe you should check the price for crafting heavy armor, leather and cloth.

I think usually leather is the cheapest, follow by heavy armor and cloth.

anyway weird argument. The only thing matter is which is cheapest to craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Cloth and leather are secondary materials for those professions, not primary materials as for Tailor/Leatherworker.

Cloth is a secondary material for each of the three armor-crafting disciplines and the primary material for Tailoring.

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

it’s not unfair…armorsmith needs to mine + salvage to get cloth….yet you can sell all the ores you gather.

Incorrect.

You do not need to salvage for Armoursmithing. It is an optional way of getting extra ore at the expense of Salvage Kits and loss of loot.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Incorrect.

You do not need to salvage for Armoursmithing. It is an optional way of getting extra ore at the expense of Salvage Kits and loss of loot.

Duh – Armorsmithing needs Cloth. That’s what he was talking about.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

They all need cloth, except for Leatherwork boots. Not just for equipment pieces, but for the insignias/runes.

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

As I said, not in the same quantities. I guess Leatherworking is double screwed in that regard though because neither of the materials can be gathered.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Lankybrit.4598

BTW Oglaf, I don’t feel the same as you do.

You only need Crude Salvage Kits, and only need to salvage white items. You get enough cloth and leather doing that, along with all the bags that drop that contain that.

I’ve never had a problem with Cloth and Leather. Fine materials however, is another matter!

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

You only need Crude Salvage Kits, and only need to salvage white items. You get enough cloth and leather doing that, along with all the bags that drop that contain that.

I’ve never had a problem with Cloth and Leather. Fine materials however, is another matter!

Cheers.

The issue of Oricalchum and Gossamer is a different beast though; both are randomly gotten when salvaging and in order to maximize your chances you need to use the higher quality Salvaging Kits which cost around 15s each.

Except that Oricalchum can also simply be gathered.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Though I agree completely with this thread, there’s one thing I’d like to point out:
If you’re crafting 80 exotics, Ori and Hardened Leather are secondary materials on both Armorsmithing and Leatherworking. The primary material is Gossamer, because the insignias need 5 bolts of it each, and everything needs 1 Gossamer for padding (except headpieces, which need 2, and leather boots, which need none). To make a full set of metal armor, you need nearly 3x as much Gossamer as Ori.

in Crafting

Lankybrit.4598

Cheers.

The issue of Oricalchum and Gossamer is a different beast though; both are randomly gotten when salvaging and in order to maximize your chances you need to use the higher quality Salvaging Kits which cost around 15s each.

Repeat after me – Orichalcum, Orichalcum, Orichalcum

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I salavage all white items & some blue as well. Masterwork/Rare I sell either TP or vendor. I have maxed out cloth/leather mats from using the 88C salvage kits on ALL salvages. (Except Master/BL kits on exotics/rare for the runes/sigils)
My leatherworker/tailor have been fine without the need to hit the TP for mats, I do not feel its “Unfair”.

Are you making your 1st toon with Leatherworker/Tailor?

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

As I said, not in the same quantities. I guess Leatherworking is double screwed in that regard though because neither of the materials can be gathered.

At tier 6, leather is worth almost nothing. So harvest some orichalcum, sell it, and buy some leather. If anything, leatherwork is at a huge advantage because of this.

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Maximising your chance is not as efficient as maximising your return on value by simply buying salvageable whites off the TP and using the 88c Basic Kit with the money you save by not using a Master kit on non-ecto producing salvages.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

Cheers.

I dont understand your logic. Everyone can gather and salvage. Even if I’m not a tailor I’ll still salvage high level tailor material. Even if I’m not an armorsmith, I still gather orichalcum.

So the only difference is compare the cost to craft items. Now I believe tailor exotic lvl80 do cost like 5 silver more expensive than armorsmith. I dont’ think that is a big deal. And lvl80 rare armorsmith is probably more expensive. So for those who want to salvage ecto through crafting I think armorsmith get the shaft.

And there is no way leatherworker get shafted. Their item is the cheapest to craft. They can still salvage tailor item, they can mine too, and sell items to buy leather.

I do think tailor is probably slightly more expensive to level up. But the way I see it is most cloth wearer is probably leveling up artificier. Which is much cheaper to level than weaponsmith. So guadian or warrior is probably shafted since they need weaponsmith.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Crafting

darkace.8925

I have a challenge to anyone who thinks one doesn’t have an advantage over the other. See how long it takes to farm (not buy)100 ore of any given tier. Then see how long it takes to farm (not buy) 100 leather or cloth of the same tier.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

There’s another potential issue for leather/cloth that was mentioned in a review I read recently:

Because most rewards are upscaled to your current level, it becomes increasingly difficult to acquire low-end materials the longer you play for on a single character. While a player could roll a new character or buy from the TP, I don’t think a player should at any point feel forced to do either of those in order to acquire low-tier crafting items simply to level the craft; however, if they didn’t realise salvaging was the only way to get cloth/leather when they were still at the level range to get low-tier
crafting mats, they’ll be forced to buy or make a new character.

That could especially become a problem when a player decides to make a legendary which requires max level cloth/leather crafting to produce materials for the weapon’s gifts, though again the player could simply buy the refined materials.

It just bugs me that there’s no consistent method for gathering leather/cloth that doesn’t scale up to the player’s level – let us harvest leather from animal-type monsters based on their level (instead of our character’s) and add cloth harvesting nodes somehow (even if that means inventing wool-producing plants)

in Crafting

gimmethegepgun.1284

I dont understand your logic. Everyone can gather and salvage.

Except you can only gather metal and wood, while the other 2 common material types are strictly drops, and are therefore unreliable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Corth.7069

Corth.7069

I dunno…
I reliably get cloth when I salvage light armor.
I reliably get leather when I salvage medium armor.
I reliably get metal when I salvage heavy armor.

Sure, metal is in more abundance, but sell it to buy some cloth. Why are you kittening when this IS NOT A PROBLEM. You can get these items in game. Farm queensdale if you want jute that’s not bought off the tp, farm in area’s with the relevant level compared to the material you want.

If your having trouble with RNG and getting gossamer, mine some orichalcum, sell it and buy the gossamer.

in Crafting

gimmethegepgun.1284

I dunno…

Sure, metal is in more abundance, but sell it to buy some cloth. Why are you kittening when this IS NOT A PROBLEM. You can get these items in game. Farm queensdale if you want jute that’s not bought off the tp, farm in area’s with the relevant level compared to the material you want.

If your having trouble with RNG and getting gossamer, mine some orichalcum, sell it and buy the gossamer.

You reliably get cloth from cloth armor drops…
Which are RNG drops themselves.
Thus, unreliable.
Whereas ore nodes spawn in roughly the same place each time, and are easily found and used.

in Crafting

Corth.7069

You quoted my last sentence, did you read it? because there’s the work-around. The game gives you currency, use it, maybe?

in Crafting

darkace.8925

I dunno…

That’s wonderful. I always get metal when I harvest an ore node and I always make money when I sell heavy armor to an NPC or on the Trading Post.

Why are you kittening when this IS NOT A PROBLEM

Well, if you say it isn’t a problem, then I guess it isn’t a problem. Since, you know, you’re the final word on the subject, even if you’re DEAD WRONG.

Farm queensdale if you want jute that’s not bought off the tp, farm in area’s with the relevant level compared to the material you want.

I’ll again issue this challenge. See how long it takes to mine 100 chunks of metal and then see how long it takes to farm 100 scrapes of an equal-tiered cloth. Then come back here and tell me it isn’t a problem.

Let’s dissect your sentence, shall we? You recognize that gathering cloth means either dealing with RNG or spending money. You then acknowledge that metal can simply be mined. Then you tell us there is no disparity between the gathering of the different materials? You seriously might want to reconsider your stance on this one.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

The main point is there is a disparity like other people says.

But that disparity don’t matter because it is not harder to craft say medium armor than heavy armor.

So heavy armor user should be the one complaining and instead of leather worker. Depend on the tier some of the tailor is more expensive and some of the heavy armor is more expensive.

If I want a 20 slot bag I would use armorsmith, if I want a 18 slot bag I would use tailor for example.

I understand Gosaamer is really expensive. But if you think about it Gossammer is actually the main component for armorsmith because their insignia require 5. And on the flip side mithril ore is much more expensive than silk so everything kind of balanced out.

And cloth wearer have a much eaiser time leveling artificier too compare to weaponsmith.

If you look at the big picture, I would actual compalin as a heavyarmor user since they have a harder time compare to the other 2. Why is a typical warrior/guardian heavyarmor/weaponsmith cost more than ther other tailor/artificer or leatherworking/huntsman?

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Crafting

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

everyone who is out killing will get salvageable materials to get your cloth. only some players make a real effort to find the orich nodes to mine them (we do stop if its in our path, but many do not go out of their way to mine them). this leads to many more salvageable mats on TP (or mats if ppl salvage themselves) and keeps prices even or better for cloth I find.

is it unfair? i dont think so

in Crafting

Corth.7069

Just because it’s not easily accessible, doesn’t mean it’s not fair, it just means you have to work for it.

That’s like saying “I’m level 80, where’s my legendary?!” but to a lesser extent. It’s in the game, it’s available, so go get it!

in Crafting

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

One word Sheepnodes! Cooks harvest meat off of Cows. Where’s my sheep at! Or spiderweb nodes for silk/goss. A fourth crafting tool “Arachnid Nippleclips” to milk spiders for their silk/goss thread. Maybe some hemp nodes, you know those skritt have been growing it.

in Crafting

gimmethegepgun.1284

Just because it’s not easily accessible, doesn’t mean it’s not fair, it just means you have to work for it.

That’s like saying “I’m level 80, where’s my legendary?!” but to a lesser extent. It’s in the game, it’s available, so go get it!

Except the common materials are supposed to be fairly accessible, but cloth and leather are solely at the whims of the RNG.
Easily accessible, like metals, which despite being used in 5 different professions are so common (due to nodes) that their price is still reasonable, and wood, which had the log requirement for planks increased by 50% (doubled on soft wood) because it was so ridiculously easy to come by.

in Crafting

darkace.8925

everyone who is out killing will get salvageable materials to get your cloth. only some players make a real effort to find the orich nodes to mine them (we do stop if its in our path, but many do not go out of their way to mine them). this leads to many more salvageable mats on TP (or mats if ppl salvage themselves) and keeps prices even or better for cloth I find.

is it unfair? i dont think so

Again, farming leather/cloth REQUIRES killing, and by extension dealing with RNG, while farming metal does not. Which takes more time? Swiftness-ing your way from ore node to ore node? Or finding areas/events with lots of humanoid enemies and farming? And hoping the RNG favors your?

And it’s like you guys don’t understand at all the concept of opportunity costs. Every single time you salvage light or medium armor for materials, you’re taking money out of your bank. “But armorsmith needs cloth, too” I hear you say. True, but not nearly as much as tailors. So he gets to X, and then sells everything else for profit; while you are required to get to >X.

I really don’t see why you guys are so staunchly defending the indefensible. It’s simple math and basic logic, people. Use it.

/facepalm

No, it’s not like that at all. Legengaries are supposed and expected to be more difficult to obtain that other items. What, in-game or otherwise, indicates that tailoring should be more difficult/expensive than armorsmithing? Why should one armor-crafting discipline have to work harder/spend more to get the same results as another? Why? I’m begging you guys to answer that question.

in Crafting

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

The best way to get any of these materials is to buy them with gold.

Just look into these:
Time spent to get 100 cloth
Time spent to get 100 leather
Time spent to get 100 ore
Time spent to make money to buy 100 of any of the above

Because there are no popular guides for “cloth farming” or “leather farming”, I’m assuming that this isn’t a lucrative way to spend your time. This means there are ways to make more money in less time so logic dictates you should first doublecheck if cloth and leatherfarming is lucrative, then if this isn’t the case, farm something else that is more lucrative and buy those materials. This means you don’t have to worry about salvaging anything.

This also means you can take advantage of the ores, mine them, sell them and fund your crafting through the materials of another!

For realism though, it would be interesting to mine wool off of dolyaks and spin them into cloths or “mine” cows for leather.

in Crafting

Posted by: Manzabar.7230

Manzabar.7230

As a cloth/leather crafter, you can sell all of that Ore you mine, instead of having to use it for crafting. This easily offsets the cost of salvaging for mats, and grants funds to buy more cloth.

in Crafting

Rhinzual.7861

If it wasn’t the need for Karma Vendors having some required ingredients for some recipes, I’d have to say that the two most forgiving Crafting Professions would be Jeweler and Chef, maybe Artifice, but definitely Jeweler has it easy compared to armorsmith. I mean, even farming for fine crafting materials can take a lot of time, especially since often the only other non-RNG armor/weapon drop is vendor trash that goes for a pittance at best.

in Crafting

Corth.7069

‘defending the indefensible’ I never really saw any need to defend anything that wasn’t broken, but I see alot of QQ in this thread.

Just because you have to FIGHT in a GAME to gather materials, rather than run from node to node to gather them, doesn’t make it an unjust evil that needs fixing. The mats still get created out of nothing, so there will always be more. If you want to play a game that you don’t have to fight to get things, this may not be the game for you. Where are the cows and goats that I can milk, and alternatively churn the milk to butter? Where are the arcane blood wells that I can node farm to get powerful blood? Where are the obese skales that can’t defend themselves while I take their armored skales, but leave alive so they grow new ones? Perhaps the developers dont let us node farm cloth because it was a choice that they saw might have hurt the economy. Or maybe, it just wasn’t as fun mining nodes all the time.

in Crafting

Rhinzual.7861

It would be nice if Skales and such were likely to drop more than just 1 Fine material at a time depending on MF. Though that might make some dungeon runs even more filled with people using MF gear.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

No, it’s not like that at all. Legengaries are supposed and expected to be more difficult to obtain that other items. What, in-game or otherwise, indicates that tailoring should be more difficult/expensive than armorsmithing? Why should one armor-crafting discipline have to work harder/spend more to get the same results as another? Why? I’m begging you guys to answer that question.

Exactly. Why is it armorsmith actually more expensive and harder than tailor and leatherworking.

http://gw2crafts.saladon.net/

That is why I shook my head when I saw the topic. Because tailor and leatherworking who have it easy actually think they are harder.

The OP should rename the title to unfairness – armorsmith

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Crafting

darkace.8925

‘defending the indefensible’ I never really saw any need to defend anything that wasn’t broken, but I see alot of QQ in this thread.

Funny, because I see a long of white knighting.

If you want to play a game that you don’t have to fight to get things, this may not be the game for you.

I’ll remember you said that the next time someone levels an alt from 1 to 80 without stepping away from the crafting stations.

Where are the cows and goats that I can milk, and alternatively churn the milk to butter? Where are the arcane blood wells that I can node farm to get powerful blood? Where are the obese skales that can’t defend themselves while I take their armored skales, but leave alive so they grow new ones?

Nice of you to suggest that rare crafting materials should be gathered from nodes, but we’re comparing common crafting materials to common crafting materials. I take this logical fallacy to indicate that you’re all out of things to say.

Perhaps the developers dont let us node farm cloth because it was a choice that they saw might have hurt the economy.

You’re not an economist, you just play one on the internet? Pray tell, Mr./Mrs. Economist, how would harvesting leather and cloth hurt the economy? I’m ALL ears for this one.

Or maybe, it just wasn’t as fun mining nodes all the time.

Or maybe, just maybe, ArenaNet has taken every measure to allow players to decide for themselves what is and is not fun. If you find farming metal scraps and heavy armor for salvage fun, they’ve allowed you to do that. If I find running a zone for ore nodes so I can actually spend my time crafting fun, then they’ve allowed me to do that. Leather and cloth crafters don’t have the luxury of that decision.

means of obtaining metal
– harvest from ore nodes
– salvage from metal scraps
– salvage from heavy armor
– salvage from melee weapons

means of obtaining leather/cloth
– salvage from leather/cloth scraps
– salvage from medium/light armor

You’re right, there’s no disparity at all. Oh, wait! I just learned to count. This newly acquired skill has allowed me to see that there is indeed a disparity. Hmm, well how do you like that?

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

Ok, darkface, do you become a farmer if you want to drink milk or do you become a dentist if you want to fix your tooth?

You do have the luxury it is called farm node sell it and buy cloth or leather.

And it is werid calling cloth a secondary material for armorsmith since most of the time it cost more cloth than ore to craft heavyarmor. And because of that armorsmith is actually more expensive than tailor and leatherworking.

Armorsmith cost 2 expensvie material, cloth and ore. Tailor and leatherworking cost 2 cheaper material cloth and leather.

The title should be renmaed to unfairness armorsmith, since armorsmith is more expensive. Not only that most armosmith take up weaponsmith too and weaponsmith is more expensive than most other profession.

in Crafting

gimmethegepgun.1284

Ok, darkface, do you become a farmer if you want to drink milk or do you become a dentist if you want to fix your tooth?

And it is werid calling cloth a secondary material for armorsmith since most of the time it cost more cloth than ore to craft heavyarmor. And because of that armorsmith is actually more expensive than tailor and leatherworking.

Armorsmith cost 2 expensvie material, cloth and ore. Tailor and leatherworking cost 2 cheaper material cloth and leather.

The title should be renmaed to unfairness armorsmith, since armorsmith is more expensive. Not only that most armosmith take up weaponsmith too and weaponsmith is more expensive than most other profession.

So being part metal and part cloth makes armorsmithing more expensive than the all-cloth tailoring, because of the expensive cloth…
You need a calculator.

in Crafting

laokoko.7403

So being part metal and part cloth makes armorsmithing more expensive than the all-cloth tailoring, because of the expensive cloth…
You need a calculator.

http://gw2crafts.saladon.net/

anyway I don’t know why I’m arguing lol. you don’t need to agree with me.

Tailor is not all cloth, it require leather. Tailor usually take 25% more cloth but much less leather compare to ore. Not only that leather is cheaper.

Did you use a calculator yourself? Anyway it is just a pointless argument. I dont’ know why I keep replying. The link I posted is a dynamic cost for crafting base on the material on the TP.

I think the stupid thing is we are arguing about very minicure difference. Consider the exotic armor item cost like 3 gold, do you really care that 1 discpline cost like a couple silver more expensive compare to the other?

Or do you erally care one of the craft take maybe 50 silver more expensive to max compare the other? It is just pointless argument.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Crafting

Posted by: Clindberg.5683

Clindberg.5683

Also tailors and leatherworkers will get cloth and leather through loot bags. which smiths dont.

in Crafting

Corth.7069

If you want to play a game that you don’t have to fight to get things, this may not be the game for you.

I’ll remember you said that the next time someone levels an alt from 1 to 80 without stepping away from the crafting stations.

Yeah… with a main character that already had to fight to get the mats. I love how your logic is so Keen.

Nice of you to suggest that rare crafting materials should be gathered from nodes, but we’re comparing common crafting materials to common crafting materials. I take this logical fallacy to indicate that you’re all out of things to say.

Hey, fair is fair. Allow me to node gather common, someone will complain about the rares. Just covering bases.

Perhaps the developers dont let us node farm cloth because it was a choice that they saw might have hurt the economy.

You’re not an economist, you just play one on the internet? Pray tell, Mr./Mrs. Economist, how would harvesting leather and cloth hurt the economy? I’m ALL ears for this one.

Oh dear, someone missed the ‘Perhaps’ at the beginning of the sentence, tisk tisk. I never said I was an economist either, stop pulling words out of my mouth that were never there to begin with. It was speculation, but I see now where I went wrong. Speculation on my part, makes me an internet expert in your eyes.

Or maybe, it just wasn’t as fun mining nodes all the time.

Or maybe, just maybe, ArenaNet has taken every measure to allow players to decide for themselves what is and is not fun. If you find farming metal scraps and heavy armor for salvage fun, they’ve allowed you to do that. If I find running a zone for ore nodes so I can actually spend my time crafting fun, then they’ve allowed me to do that. Leather and cloth crafters don’t have the luxury of that decision.

What I find fun, is playing the game. What I find -not- fun, is your logic.

means of obtaining metal
– harvest from ore nodes
– salvage from metal scraps
– salvage from heavy armor
– salvage from melee weapons

means of obtaining leather/cloth
– salvage from leather/cloth scraps
– salvage from medium/light armor

You’re right, there’s no disparity at all. Oh, wait! I just learned to count. This newly acquired skill has allowed me to see that there is indeed a disparity. Hmm, well how do you like that?

I am SO glad you finally learned to count, that is a great skill and will take you a little further than where you are now. So lets take a look at things with your new skill of COUNTING

Metal uses:
-Armor
-Weapons
-Sigils/Runes
-Jeweler

Cloth/leather uses:
-Armor
-Runes

huh, imagine that, more uses for metal.

in Crafting

gimmethegepgun.1284

I think the stupid thing is we are arguing about very minicure difference. Consider the exotic armor item cost like 3 gold, do you really care that 1 discpline cost like a couple silver more expensive compare to the other?

Or do you erally care one of the craft take maybe 50 silver more expensive to max compare the other? It is just pointless argument.

Perhaps the argument is not about cost, and is the fact that if you want metal or wood you know how to go get it, reliably, regardless of RNG, but for cloth or leather it’s nothing but RNG.
Why should 2 types of “common” mats be extremely easy to go get yourself, while the other 2 “common” mats are completely at the whim of the RNG?

Also tailors and leatherworkers will get cloth and leather through loot bags. which smiths dont.

And that doesn’t even come close to what nodes provide.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I salvage every white item I get… and the only problems I had with tailoring was being low on tier 5 crafting mats from having used them in crafting multiple heavy armor sets. I have leather and cloth up the wazoo simply from salvaging. Then again I have been saving the mats since launch and not using them until now to get Master Crafter, so perhaps that’s why I see no problem with the system.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Crafting

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I have a challenge to anyone who thinks one doesn’t have an advantage over the other. See how long it takes to farm (not buy)100 ore of any given tier. Then see how long it takes to farm (not buy) 100 leather or cloth of the same tier.

For some reason I had the tendency to get more tier 1-3 leather than cloth for my Tailor. I do agree that gathering stone/wood/food is easier because the nodes are throughout the zones, while leahter/cloth is part of the RNG loot drop – which adds a hint of DR spice.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!