Why crafting is so unpopular.

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

its very possible, i have 800 gold all made with crafting and like 10 gold starting capital from leveling :p

Please do share your divine knowledge, cause I never made any profit ever.

haha you see, thats no something ill do cause then i will make less profit cause more people will demand the resources i need, and even less profit cause those people will also undercut me. i will tell you this though.

lets take omnomberry pie at this time:
you can sell omnomberry pies at 4s at the moment.

to make an omnomberry pie youd have to buy 1 omnomberry from the trade post, 1 butter from the TP, 1 lemon (karma, in bulk), 1 sugar;starch;flour;water each for 8c (10 for 80 copper or 8c a piece).
lets add it together:
omnomberry: 2s06c
butter: 48c
lemon: 0c (karma)
sugar: 8c
starch: 8c
flour: 8c
water: 8c
———————————————————
2s86c total to craft omnomberry pie
it sells for 4s00c right now, but you also have to consider the 15% tax soooo:
4s00c * (100 -15) / 100 = 3s40c money in your pocket, if you sell it for 4s00c

to sum up, it costs 2s86c to craft omnomberry pie, and you make 3s40 per pie, so that is 54 copper profit right there. now making one pie is kinda silly i know, but consider making a stack of pies. thats 250*54 copper, that is 1g35s00c profit. now if you do this every day, and with more then one profitable recipe, eventually you will get to 800g.

protip: look into google spreadsheets and gw2trade.com’s api system, mix both up and you might be able to keep track of ALL interesting recipes at once without having to spend hours calculating each day!

I wrote an app to do this for me. Realize that calculating the profit for selling more than one crafted item (e.g. Omnomberry pie) can be tricky. If you don’t do this right, you can even make a loss in the end.

The reason why it is tricky is because it depends on the availability of its ingredients being sold at certain prices. So how many Omnomberry pies can you make and sell at a profitable level depends also on how many of its ingredients you can buy at a cheap enough price.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Making money via crafting doesn’t have any feeling of “crafting” (knowledge of materials, physical effort, technical skill in the field of that craft) — it’s basically playing the market and arbitrage. That’s one of the (many) reasons I dislike crafting.

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

crafting is fine – only the interface is bad

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The only fun thing about crafting is discovery.

Farming materials is tedious and time consuming because of DR. Items you craft aren’t worth anything. And, of course, anything really awesome that you could make would take forever and a small fortune to create.

That only applies to cooking and then the vast piles of intermediates that do not become useful until another 200 levels later kills any chance of having much fun with that.

It would have been ok if these intermediaries had their own slots in crafting tab in bank. Instead they take up a lot of space either in inventory, or in bank, and you end up thrashing them usually.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

^^ I typically see this and faceplam … you’re inability to efficiently source your materials is not a reason to make it easier to get them.

For example .. you needed Cayenne peppers and you ran around for HOURS getting 2? Do you realize that you could have made the 9 silver they cost to buy off TP in a 15 minute round of Orr trash farming? The problem here isn’t that there is a lack of nodes dropping peppers ….

yup

also, there are plenty of recipes that make money even if you buy everything from the trade post. usually it goes like this:

i check my math sheet and decide what to craft this day
buy 1 or more stacks per mat required to make the crafting items (anything less is not fast enough money)
do dailies
get mats from the tp
teleport around to get the karma materials in bulk i need to make today’s recipes
go to cooking master and buy the flour/water/sugar/.. i need
craft
sell
repeat the previous, once each day, for a couple of months
buy legendary

i do agree though that the nodes should be more random.. let me explain.
every once in a while you get that gray vendor trash gathering mat right? in stead of that, why don’t it give a random mat based of a dynamic list of materials that are above the by arenanet projected price. lore wise it could be something like “oh you found a hidden cayenne pepper under these onions”. and it would balance the material prices better. also better for the farmers, cause they will be getting expensive materials even when farming lower level nodes!

You lost me at math sheet……

my math sheet is an google docs spreadsheet page, usually refered to as “The Sheet 2.0” as there was a previous version which became obsolete once i made 2.0, and it is now plotting its revenge.

regardless, its like excel and it uses the gw2trade.com’s api (which in turn uses gw2’s api of the tradepost) to input the prices of materials, like omnomberry and butter, and ofcourse omnomberry pie, and then it calculates howmuch profit i would make if i were to craft it. the same for all other level 80 recipes. right now its at 20% something.
it is very mathy, so i call it a math sheet!
it could also work for other programs such as excel.

in Crafting

Cyto.9401

its very possible, i have 800 gold all made with crafting and like 10 gold starting capital from leveling :p

Please do share your divine knowledge, cause I never made any profit ever.

haha you see, thats no something ill do cause then i will make less profit cause more people will demand the resources i need, and even less profit cause those people will also undercut me. i will tell you this though.

lets take omnomberry pie at this time:
you can sell omnomberry pies at 4s at the moment.

to make an omnomberry pie youd have to buy 1 omnomberry from the trade post, 1 butter from the TP, 1 lemon (karma, in bulk), 1 sugar;starch;flour;water each for 8c (10 for 80 copper or 8c a piece).
lets add it together:
omnomberry: 2s06c
butter: 48c
lemon: 0c (karma)
sugar: 8c
starch: 8c
flour: 8c
water: 8c
———————————————————
2s86c total to craft omnomberry pie
it sells for 4s00c right now, but you also have to consider the 15% tax soooo:
4s00c * (100 -15) / 100 = 3s40c money in your pocket, if you sell it for 4s00c

to sum up, it costs 2s86c to craft omnomberry pie, and you make 3s40 per pie, so that is 54 copper profit right there. now making one pie is kinda silly i know, but consider making a stack of pies. thats 250*54 copper, that is 1g35s00c profit. now if you do this every day, and with more then one profitable recipe, eventually you will get to 800g.

protip: look into google spreadsheets and gw2trade.com’s api system, mix both up and you might be able to keep track of ALL interesting recipes at once without having to spend hours calculating each day!

I wrote an app to do this for me. Realize that calculating the profit for selling more than one crafted item (e.g. Omnomberry pie) can be tricky. If you don’t do this right, you can even make a loss in the end.

The reason why it is tricky is because it depends on the availability of its ingredients being sold at certain prices. So how many Omnomberry pies can you make and sell at a profitable level depends also on how many of its ingredients you can buy at a cheap enough price.

agreed, that is why i only make 1 stack of tropical fruit mouse, but 12 stacks of mango pies. one sells a lot quicker then the other :P (guess which one, you can be wrong 3 times, but the first 2 don’t count)

i am well aware that my sheet 2.0 is only an individual frame of the constant tradepost movie, but it is never wrong by much (updates every 15 minutes, if googledocs want to work anyway)

in Crafting

Posted by: mjolnir.5701

mjolnir.5701

the crafting system of ultima online is still the best ive played. but then ultima online is still the best game ive played.

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

^^ I typically see this and faceplam … you’re inability to efficiently source your materials is not a reason to make it easier to get them.

For example .. you needed Cayenne peppers and you ran around for HOURS getting 2? Do you realize that you could have made the 9 silver they cost to buy off TP in a 15 minute round of Orr trash farming? The problem here isn’t that there is a lack of nodes dropping peppers ….

yup

also, there are plenty of recipes that make money even if you buy everything from the trade post. usually it goes like this:

i check my math sheet and decide what to craft this day
buy 1 or more stacks per mat required to make the crafting items (anything less is not fast enough money)
do dailies
get mats from the tp
teleport around to get the karma materials in bulk i need to make today’s recipes
go to cooking master and buy the flour/water/sugar/.. i need
craft
sell
repeat the previous, once each day, for a couple of months
buy legendary

i do agree though that the nodes should be more random.. let me explain.
every once in a while you get that gray vendor trash gathering mat right? in stead of that, why don’t it give a random mat based of a dynamic list of materials that are above the by arenanet projected price. lore wise it could be something like “oh you found a hidden cayenne pepper under these onions”. and it would balance the material prices better. also better for the farmers, cause they will be getting expensive materials even when farming lower level nodes!

You lost me at math sheet……

Take a look at Ahamid’s Soldier Insignia as another example.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7891

Currently, according to gw2spidy.com, it costs about 28g+ to craft one insignia but you can sell for almost 55g. This would grant you a profit of about 17g per insignia, after TP taxes.

But there are catches to this. 1. You need to craft 3 bolts of damask but you can only craft one per day. 2. It uses the minimum sale price of 54+g instead of the maximum offer price of 45g to compute profit. This means if you put a lot of insignia in the sell queue, at one go, there is a good chance that people would undercut you.

If you sell it instantly at 45g, you cannot be undercut but you would have a lower profit. For me, my preference is to go with a lower profit so that I don’t have to deal with people undercutting me. I personally prefer instant and guaranteed profits. Besides, my app provides a long list of profitable things to craft, sorted by profits, so that I can always target more than one market for profits. It is a cash cow that is always there for me to milk as long as I need gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Crafting…not profitable….?

Okay, I guess you won’t be making mountains of gold with it, but you can still make some decent coin. Even if you don’t make money off of it, you can still save money by making all your own stuff.

….Especially since I managed to make 20g-40g this week from crafting alone >.>;

i make 30g a day selling material to people who crafts…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

Okay, I guess you won’t be making mountains of gold with it, but you can still make some decent coin. Even if you don’t make money off of it, you can still save money by making all your own stuff.

You would need to somehow farm those materials to sell, and those methods that you have used to farm, are also available to people who craft.

However, if I am a crafter and wishes to make a profit from crafting, obviously I would only choose to craft those items that are worth more than their ingredients put together. This route of profit is only available for crafters who have obtained the relevant crafting rating in that discipline and have learnt the relevant recipes.

Depending on how diligent I am, I can earn much more than 30g a day from crafting. Since reaching level 80 and maxed my crafting disciplines, I have no need to craft unprofitable items just for the sake of XP anymore.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t get it either.

Crafting is the most generic, unoriginal and boring aspect of their game. It is almost a carbon copy of what every other MMO has done to date (discoveries aside). And even there is wasn’t particularly engaging.

And yet now they decide to make it the focus of their endgame and the sole source of the best items? kitten!

In what world does that make sense?

in Crafting

Cyto.9401

You would need to somehow farm those materials to sell, and those methods that you have used to farm, are also available to people who craft.

However, if I am a crafter and wishes to make a profit from crafting, obviously I would only choose to craft those items that are worth more than their ingredients put together. This route of profit is only available for crafters who have obtained the relevant crafting rating in that discipline and have learnt the relevant recipes.

Depending on how diligent I am, I can earn much more than 30g a day from crafting. Since reaching level 80 and maxed my crafting disciplines, I have no need to craft unprofitable items just for the sake of XP anymore.

you do not need to gather materials to make a profit from crafting. i just buy everything from the tradepost and still make decent coin :P

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

you do not need to gather materials to make a profit from crafting. i just buy everything from the tradepost and still make decent coin :P

Me too. I was just making a point to azizul that the ability to craft is more exclusive than gathering materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

I guess I’m in the minority. I’ve always liked crafting in the MMORPGs I’ve played (and I’ve played quite a few).

Honestly, I wish they would make it possible for crafters to make the ascended gear for those that don’t want to craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I don’t see why there is so much hate in crafting. Yes, okay, it’s simple and straightforward, and probably expensive and tedious if you do it all in one go, but…it’s just another piece of the game.

in Crafting

Cyto.9401

Me too. I was just making a point to azizul that the ability to craft is more exclusive than gathering materials.

well do i feel stupid XD

in Crafting

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Only thing wrong with the crafting I see is that all of it looks hideous, or at least the vast majority of what you can craft looks hideous.

I mean, seriously, why does my mithril sword look identical to my bronze one? Even more confusing, why does my MASTERWORK shirt look identical to my bottom fine one? And I’m not saying I want new textures for the armor skins, I want different armor skins since the ones already in crafting look bad and don’t even seem to have any influence from past ancestral armors (I normally play human, which really should have some influence from what came before). Instead they are all blobular armors designed to fit any species with minimal alterations.

That, and I guess, the insane jump of materials you need to craft from tier 5 mats to tier 6 and then tier 6 to ascended.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

Just to let you guys know again, that crafting can be very profitable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1umdyo/how_i_make_200_600_gold_a_day/

in Crafting

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s probably unpopular because it’s so uninteresting. Grinding for materials/paying extortionate prices on the TP and then basically just staring at that horrible crafting bar as it fills, is hardly a very enriching activity. I really thought GW2 was going to do something a bit different and special with crafting, but it’s all rather unfulfilling.

It worries me that so much of the endgame is currently tied to one of the dullest parts of the game.

Gandara

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The OP is correct that crafting is not profitable enough, but also that it isn’t very fun. There are no surprise outcomes, no extraordinary statistics that could be obtained through crafting (except ascended crafting). There’s also no influence what so ever on the looks of the crafted item. There’s just a limited choice of fixed skins for the items you can craft, and you have no way to influence it what so ever.

What I also miss is unique features on armor. In DnD Online you could add a Deathward modification to certain items, to protect against the deadly stare of Beholders. But this was very tricky and expensive to do, so these items were rare and very valuable. It gave crafting so much more purpose. Me and my friends were constantly tweaking the numbers on our gear, to improve it just a little more. We had daily trips to the crafting hall. It really felt like there was some progression there. This tinkering, and slowly upscaling of gear, is what is missing from GW2’s crafting system.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Crafting

Posted by: chilimannen.5682

chilimannen.5682

Crafting should give the player bonuses not in other ways obtainable. Not huge things, just small things that you can craft for your personal use.

Heres a few points i’d like to see implemented when it comes to crafting
- Unique “devices/items” that are either A) Account/Soul-bound on craft. (makes crafting rewarding in fun, but not through gold) Requires a certain level in the profession for the player to be usable. Leveling a craft will then be rewarding.

- Skins or better looking armor through crafting. Seriously, the lv400 weaponsmithy “pearl” weapons are (sorry) my least favorite model. At lvl300+ crafting there are very few special models to craft. Most craftables follow the standard models.. Doesn’t have to be oh-so-legendary looking, maybe something just wearable by crafters.

- Add town clothing for tailors. The game is not about gears and stats, it’s about appearance and skill. Any player appreciates cosmetics.

- Add weapon upgrade options, which requires a certain level in profession to apply. The upgrade should not be about stats, just add a tiny glow, very sparkles, a little shininess or some other purely cosmetical effect.

- There should be craftable items that are not good for leveling the skill, these items are spammed at the lions trading. Something that requires crafting skill from the player and rare resources. It is utterly important that this craftable is in no way suitable for mass producing for fast skill leveling!!

Crafting should give the player something cosmetical, some insignificant bonus.. another game i played for awhile that had this better on. You could craft fireworks, parachutes, rocket loaded boots, rocket launcher belts, companions, wings etc.. Nothing gamebreaking that gives unfair advantage, just small things that made a crafter happy.

Make the crafter special, bottom line.

The game economy might need to change, all the tyrian wars are demanding on our wallets.

(edited by chilimannen.5682)

in Crafting

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

I don’t get it either.

Crafting is the most generic, unoriginal and boring aspect of their game. It is almost a carbon copy of what every other MMO has done to date (discoveries aside). And even there is wasn’t particularly engaging.

And yet now they decide to make it the focus of their endgame and the sole source of the best items? kitten!

In what world does that make sense?

Let’s be honest, only Fallen Earth did crafting right, and that’s because well, just about everything that’s worth having is crafted. Heck, the two main stats for Tradeskills (Intelligence and Perception) are also tied to using ranged weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

No offense to those people linking anything like “make this much gold/hr” or discussing how to farm or how it relates to the economy in GW2, but they are that mindset is exactly what is wrong with the game.

No fantasy (or anything other than “real world simulator online”) MMO should at its apex of content revolve around making gold, selling/buying or even an economy.

The crafting system is one of the least interesting I’ve seen in 14 years of MMO’s, and that’s saying a lot. Cooking at least has some interesting recipes, and ways to get mats via karma and gathering.

If your argument revolves around “you can make profit too!” or “if you’re smart you can farm to get what you want”, then you’ve already excluded yourself from the discussion.

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

If your argument revolves around “you can make profit too!” or “if you’re smart you can farm to get what you want”, then you’ve already excluded yourself from the discussion.

I don’t see how we excluded ourselves from the discussion when one of the complaints from the OP is that crafting is not profitable enough.

The strange thing is some people are saying crafting is way too profitable making 200-600g/day and some people are saying not profitable at all, even after reading/watching everything that was shared. I can understand that fun is subjective but crafting is either profitable or it is not. I don’t see how it can be extremely profitable for some and not profitable at all for the others. Even after the guys who find crafting to be profitable have shared their techniques, some are simply ignoring them and kept saying not profitable without providing any counter arguments. If making 200-600g/day is not profitable enough, then I really don’t know what is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

What I would really like to see, is for a way to influence the looks of the armor and weapons I craft. It would be nice if these items were broken down into several elements, and that we could choose a hilt, a pummel and a blade for a weapon (for example). Or with a chest armor, being able to choose the kind of sleeves, exposure of the skin or not, and whether to include a necklace. Just some options that let us customize the appearance of individual armor and weapon pieces. Because right now they are all fixed models, with no variation among them. I can’t make my pearl staff look any different from any other pearl staff. I can’t even rename the item.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I won’t say that I’ve crafted anything to make a profit, sometimes I’ll make something if I have a stack of cooking ingredients and then hock them off on the TP for a quick buck. But as a profit goes, people that craft stuff regularly are looking for something more substantial than the quick buck.

However I will say that I’ve maxed all 6 available crafting disciplines to 500, and the last 3 (armoursmith/leatherworker/tailor) I actually profited from. The weapon-making disciplines caught me a bit off-guard and I lost maybe 100g+ getting those to 500. I made this back and more in the armour-making disciplines because not only was I better prepared (having more materials to work with), but I also knew there was a certain pattern that crafting from 400-500 followed.

Having this kind of knowledge saved a HEAP of unnecessary crafting and wasted gold. Crafting the armours also netted me a tidy sum by selling the goods I’d created. I couldn’t make as much back on weapon-making disciplines because I’d lost too much in the process of going from 400-500; wood takes it’s toll on the wallet, especially if the TP stock runs dry.

So all up I profited maybe 100-120g from maxing all disciplines to 500. If you haven’t done this already, explore new exotic recipes in the discovery pane and make 4 lots of insignias (enough to craft 4 different types of complete armour, eg. berserker’s, giver’s, valkyrie, etc.) but it’s good to have material stocks of your own and preferably the stats that will make a nice profit at the TP.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Crafting in GW2 is quite easy. So much so that it seems a large majority use it for leveling.
There is no point in attaining any given level in crafting unless you want to make ascended gear. outside of that you are basically “special, just like everyone else”.

Vanguard had it right. Different leveling spheres, chance of rare, chance of failure, etc.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Well… lets see…

I’m watching yellow bars moving right and rearranging a bunch of junk in my inventory. My character is standing perfectly still and I’m clicking on a 2D interface.

This activity is so engaging that I feel more alive now than I’ve ever felt before.

in Crafting

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

crafting is fine. try button mashing in wow. very nice of anet to think of accelerator for large volumes. buy orders, discovery – its all cool

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I love crafting. Made me beyond 10k gold profit in 2013.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

The only part of crafting that sucks is the part where you craft exactly what can be dropped/salvaged and therefore cannot make money from your efforts. The other parts, like the Queen’s Jubilee runes and sigils, jewelry and foods can certainly make you lots of money. The problem has always been the non-exclusivity of crafting end-products in the game as a whole.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Maybe Anet could boost crafting slightly be decreasing the drop rate on armor and weapons, instead replacing it with approximate NPC coin value

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Or they could boost it by making globs of dark matter a mat required for precursor crafting. Instead of tossing exotics into the forge, you break them down for a more regular return. Seems pretty logical to me.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I love a good crafting system. Crafting can be a lot of fun. There have been several excellent and innovative crafting systems in other MMOs, but I’ve never been impressed with the GW2 copypasta crafting.

It’s boring and tedious because the design is boring and tedious. It’s like the system was developed by someone who didn’t want to do it, but had to produce something so they copypasta’d the basic structure from WoW.

Add to that the poor economic management of the game economy, and crafting is a dead horse. A poor dead horse.

There are a lot of things I love about GW2, but crafting was a huge disappointment. Grade: FAIL.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

In-Game Crafting is a Sink that makes Crafting Players the a Broker, not the Seller.

I would hope that it would be possible to open up the process some to either make crafting more profitable or more enjoyable.

Some Thoughts:

• Tie Level of the Crafter to The Quality of the Items
A level 400 Weaponsmith has no need to craft a bronze sword, which is a shame, because their work should be better than a level 15 crafter. Allowing higher level crafters to put higher level upgrades on items to reflect their skill.

• Creator Customization
This is a little more complicated.
Currently we make all identical items according to recipes we learn. Adding the ability to also learn how to customize those items would add more uniqueness to any purchase made in the trading post. These could be something learned in a random encounter, quest awards, Black Lion Chest, or even purchased in the Gem Store.
Customizations like colors, effects and patterns. Nothing kitten drastic as replicating effects of Legendary and Ascended items, but something to add that lessens its chances of priced low due to and over abundance in the Trading Post, making the custom order feature a lot more practical.

• Tailor Specific – Allow Tailors to craft Town Clothes
I have posted before about the lack of town clothes choice in the game. Most that come from the Gem Store are more costumes than clothes. Town clothes were originally said to acquired via drops, but that never happened after beta. This is also where I think the customization mentioned above could work best if adding it to armor and weapons isn’t feasible.
The Cherry Blossom Shirt and Ornate Ruched Shirt being the same basic design, but different looking would be the best example of this.

While it is easy to say that this should best be left to Gem Store purchases, I can only think of the Flamekissed Light Armor Skin hoopla. Gem Store skins and items should be limited release, new and different from current content.

• Removing the “Soulbound on Acquire” on Some Items
While there are some items that are only available by going through Karma vendors if you purchase a recipe, I don’t see a reason for regular items to be subject to souldbind (e.g. Loaf of Bread).

• Allowing all Materials to Stack in Materials Tab.
This is probably the part that makes the least sense in crafting design. Crafting some items, like Dowels, Insignias and Ingredients leaves orphaned in inventory or your regular bank tab. It would be very helpful, even if useable on it’s own, that as long as these items are associated with crafting an item, for them to have a special place in our bank.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Crafting

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

I wish I could carve my character’s name on my gears through crafting. =(

Example: After I finally make a legendary—let’s say it’s Twilight—, I can add my character’s name beside it by crafting, and it’s now called “Titan Terror’s Twilight.” So, I won’t feel like everybody owns the same exact weapon.

(edited by SlaYer.2138)

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

It is a sad state for crafting when everything can be bought for the same price it costs to build it. I miss the WoW crafting. When you made stuff it was exclusive to you and your craft of choice but here it’s a joke. Only craft worth any time is cooking.

#ELEtism