Why crafting is so unpopular.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I don’t get why anet still tries to get attention to crafting through ascended, because it is probably one of the most useless parts of the game. Here’s what is wrong with the crafting system:

- It’s cheaper to just buy any items from the trading post than craft those items yourself.
- You don’t earn any benefit from crafting things yourself: you don’t make profit, you don’t get ‘special’ items from chance discoveries etc.
- Materials cost so much that it makes crafting nothing but a huge loss of money.

What should be done about crafting:
- Make it useful: have a chance at crafting a precursor or other special item or getting materials back. Allow us to make extraordinary items that have a use and that are exclusive, yet not necessary (contra ascended crafting, because it costs way too much money).
- Make crafting profitable. I don’t know how it is, but a crafter actually looses money. In any other game I have ever played, the items you made through crafting were more valuable than the raw materials. The only way to achieve this at this point seems to be to nerf material prices and make craftable items equal price as drops.

A problem I think here is that crafting involves making items from 1-80 and most players just buy cheaper versions on the trading post that were dropped from a random mob. Not to mention that nobody actually buys a lot of armour from 1-80 (or buys karma gear from a merchant), basically because the gear is worthless anyways: after 5 levels it becomes redundant. This is basically a problem with the leveling system. Crafting should have been a matter of skills/usage not of stats and levels.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t get why anet still tries to get attention to crafting through ascended, because it is probably one of the most useless parts of the game. Here’s what is wrong with the crafting system:

- It’s cheaper to just buy any items from the trading post than craft those items yourself.
- You don’t earn any benefit from crafting things yourself: you don’t make profit, you don’t get ‘special’ items from chance discoveries etc.
- Materials cost so much that it makes crafting nothing but a huge loss of money.

What should be done about crafting:
- Make it useful: have a chance at crafting a precursor or other special item or getting materials back. Allow us to make extraordinary items that have a use and that are exclusive, yet not necessary (contra ascended crafting, because it costs way too much money).
- Make crafting profitable. I don’t know how it is, but a crafter actually looses money. In any other game I have ever played, the items you made through crafting were more valuable than the raw materials. The only way to achieve this at this point seems to be to nerf material prices and make craftable items equal price as drops.

A problem I think here is that crafting involves making items from 1-80 and most players just buy cheaper versions on the trading post that were dropped from a random mob. Not to mention that nobody actually buys a lot of armour from 1-80 (or buys karma gear from a merchant), basically because the gear is worthless anyways: after 5 levels it becomes redundant. This is basically a problem with the leveling system. Crafting should have been a matter of skills/usage not of stats and levels.

Raw materials hold the value of being able to level you up; crafted materials don’t. That’s why they’re worth more.

As for the act of crafting: horribly boring and tedious, with an awful UI. IMO the worst part of the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Its boring is why crafting is so unpopular and because of the TP its hard to make a profit in the long run as the TP balances the price of everything out pretty well.

Anet like crafting because its a gold sink and drains players money/resources, so they after play longer.

in Crafting

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

My problem with crafting is that Fine materials (fangs, claws, blood, etc) are incredibly tedious to farm on your own.

in Crafting

Posted by: DrLuigi.3764

DrLuigi.3764

Crafting will never be profitable as long as easy xp is tied to it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I’m not an old lady so I’ll never find crafting fun. Cooking is probably the least bad but the rest are terrible.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

The problem seems to be that Crafting was designed as a way to balance the economy and loot drops, and then polished up a bit in order to not be extremely tedious for the players, rather than the other way around.

If Crafting is to be the way it is – by-the-numbers – it should have been made extremely easy, only as a way to turn your materials into something useful in a few clicks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I play this game for an epic adventure, not to play blacksmith.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Aside from all the points already listed; it’s been done before in other games.

Think about it. Whack rocks, pick up weeds, click bench, watch bar move right, item is created.

So innovative. So creative. So engaging. Such a rich gameplay experience. LOL.

in Crafting

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

So innovative. So creative. So engaging. Such a rich gameplay experience. LOL.

Much innovative, such creative, wow

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Crafting

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

The problem is the lack of anything exclusive to crafting and the way we lvl up.

Having to craft crap to be able to craft what we want for more gold than simply buying in the TP or need to craft expensive/unwanted things to craft more expensive things (ascended) don’t help either.

Crafting should allow us to improve/upgrade our equipment (basic to master, exotics to ascended) or allow us to “soul-bind” for a boost (and allowing to offer this service to those who don’t whish to craft) but of course, transmutation stones/crystals are way more profitable and soul-binding things by equipping it without any boost is more easy.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I never understood why anyone would find gathering in video games fun. There are so many ways to gather and the best way they can think of is to run around with an axe chopping a tree.

How about we remove the axe and the tree; replace them with a big bad monster that could easily bash my face in? Or a quick goblin that I have to catch while moving through a jumping puzzle? Or saving a burning village from giant frogs? Or helping the locals reclaim their home from invading centaurs? Or how about…. ahh forget it…

in Crafting

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

The only fun thing about crafting is discovery.

Farming materials is tedious and time consuming because of DR. Items you craft aren’t worth anything. And, of course, anything really awesome that you could make would take forever and a small fortune to create.

in Crafting

Sirendor.1394

I didn’t add “crafting is boring” because that is more than obvious. :P Thanks for the people who pointed it out though, must be clearer than ever. ^^

in Crafting

Sirendor.1394

Excuse me to the moderators who moved this post to the crafting subforum. It was ment for general discussion, because crafting in any game is a large part of the game and influences many areas. Would be appreciated if you moved it back.

in Crafting

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The problem with crafting in this game is that crafting gives you nothing you can’t buy save ascended weapons/armor. In other MMO’s you normally get something, like a stat increase dependant on what crafting skill you use. If I remember right in WoW if you where are armor smith you got extra toughness from swinging a hammer makng the armor, the in game description would say. I think it went up every 50-100 points in the skill. All ANet needs to do it add something like this. And have it so only the 2 currently used craft skills being used are in affect. This would make crafting useful and encourage people to use them/level them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Crafting

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I never understood why anyone would find gathering in video games fun. There are so many ways to gather and the best way they can think of is to run around with an axe chopping a tree.

A dragon is threatening the world? Better chop that tree :P

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Crafting

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

sage of ryzom (2004, ages ago) actually had a pretty fun crafting system. if I remember correctly, it was something like this:
about 6 crafting professions, you could chose up to 2. once you reached the max of the first tier, you specialized your craft into one of two branches, the other branch closed off. after reaching the max level in your branch, you could branch again. I don’t remember how many times it split up.

the result was: it wasn’t feasible to learn every craft yourself (even with alts, except if you had quite a lot, don’t remember how many branches, at least 24 I think). the game also offered player trading. crafters announced their skill level and people asked them to craft equip for them and happily payed a price for that – even if the client supplied all the mats themselves, he still payed a fee to the crafter.

so the result:

• nobody needed to craft to get best in stats gear, you could sell your mats instead
  • crafters could make money with crafting
  • people who like crafting, had an alternative source of income and fun instead of grinding mobs
  • guilds wanted crafters of all specializations because usually they work for free for guildies (in turn getting their own equip from the others and maybe some tips)

in gw2

• we’re forced to learn every profession ourselves if we want best in stats gear
  • crafters can’t sell their products because most people can craft themselves and the crafted stuff looks hideous (at least weapons, armor isn’t that bad imho, I kinda like it)
  • the best crafted stuff is non-tradable
  • you can’t offer your services since we don’t have player trading

I usually love crafting in games, as I see it as a fun and relaxing after farming or whatever – like jumping puzzles are a nice distraction in gw2. unfortunately in gw2 the crafting is (in my opinion ofc) abhorrent, unfun, boring and I only do it because I need to to get best in stats items.

(edited by Oranisagu.3706)

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

They need to add more stuff to make crafting more profitable. Such as a 10% chance of a double craft and getting 2 of the item, so if I make 100 orichalcum I’ll get 110 on average. Doubling the XP with it would be a good decision too, so if I craft a Destroyer’s Berserker Greatsword I have a 10% chance of getting a second one for free and getting double XP. There would be a good bit more exotics on the market and the prices of mats would drop some since there’s 10% more. That would be much better than our critical XPs lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

How to make a profit from crafting…

Go to http://www.gw2spidy.com/
Click on your craft
Find one that’s profitable (it’s listed in most to least profit for you)
Buy mats (with orders if you want more profit)
Craft
Sell

If there was a chance to get mats back/extra mats, the prices on everything would just drop. It wouldn’t help in the way I think the Op thinks it would.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The only fun thing about crafting is discovery.

Farming materials is tedious and time consuming because of DR. Items you craft aren’t worth anything. And, of course, anything really awesome that you could make would take forever and a small fortune to create.

That only applies to cooking and then the vast piles of intermediates that do not become useful until another 200 levels later kills any chance of having much fun with that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

I think the crafting system is fine as is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Crafting had always been a chore in games. I like GW2’s system though. Discovering stuff remains rewarding since you get a bunch of EXP out of it and leveling had always been tedious in games. And the system itself is pretty intuitive.

Besides, there are craftable items that’s only created through crafting and/or mystic forge (Corrupted weapons). I think it’s fine as is.

The only one that’s pretty confusing is chef. But I never liked any cooking system in games so I dunno a better alternative.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Crafting

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Crafting had always been a chore in games. I like GW2’s system though. Discovering stuff remains rewarding since you get a bunch of EXP out of it and leveling had always been tedious in games. And the system itself is pretty intuitive.

Besides, there are craftable items that’s only created through crafting and/or mystic forge (Corrupted weapons). I think it’s fine as is.

The only one that’s pretty confusing is chef. But I never liked any cooking system in games so I dunno a better alternative.

This sums up my feelings about it as well in ways I didn’t describe.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think the gathering and crafting system in GW2 is fine. I certainly enjoy both activities as a supplement to my usual adventuring.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

A dragon is threatening the world? Better chop that tree :P

I’ve done that …

I have, however, stopped crafting now …

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

They ruined crafting when they tried to add value to laurels since then it hasn’t been the same and 36 days to craft one armor set is a whole load of kitten when you have alts to gear and the optimum is two sets a toon.

Why bother? Comes to mind.

(edited by Lambros Augustus.6594)

in Crafting

Posted by: Denis Strasse.3462

Denis Strasse.3462

Frankly the drop rates for Dragonite ore (even from the big bosses) and the empyreal fragment rate from chests is my big gripe. I have 4 ascended weapons and it is a real drag. Also too many of these items including the ascended items are account bound.

Keep smiling, they’ll never know what you’ve been up to !
They know enough who know how to learn – Henry Adams

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The manifesto had some tripe about not needing to craft lots of useless items simply to level crafting. It was fairly accurate until ascended crafting came along.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I was fine with crafting until they added Ascended that where account bound and time gated the T7 materials. I made a ton of gold crafting exotic armor for those to lazy to do it themselves. Now I just sell my Damask since I am making 5+ gold a day with a few clicks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

im a chef, and i am making money just fine doing crafting :P

in Crafting

Posted by: metalmike.8346

metalmike.8346

BIggest gripe is the time-gating on the ascended stuff, but I can understand it…to a point. Grinding mats is boring – yes, but lately prices have skyrocketed on high level mats (ectos for instance) which makes grinding champ runs and decomping high lvl drops for ectos. I used the guides to max out crafting and it took a fair sum of coin and mats as well. Now I still have to spend gold due to the kitten bots kitten the ori and ancient wood which makes gathering those tedious and VERY time consuming considering there’s only a couple/few nodes in certain areas.

Dragonite Ore and Emp Frags are a chore as well, have to do temples to get best bang for the buck (for DO’s), EF’s you can get doing jumping puzzles (bring yer mesmer pal who can make the full jump run!). I have 7 lvl 80’s, all have exotics (armor/wep/trinkets) and maybe some ascended via laurels and only 2 ascended weps (just made wupwup spire today….). Looking at the armor requirements is another coin crusher for gossamers, ori, etc…but it keeps the economy moving in a sense as well as us! I’d like to see DO’s requirements maybe halfed for ascended due to how much grinding is needed to acquire as much as is needed. Just my opinion.

Peace.

in Crafting

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

• you can’t offer your services since we don’t have player trading

The other option is to do private selling. PM the crafter as to what needs to be made. The crafter then passes the item(s) on to the buyer via in-game mail. The major flaw is; whether or not the crafter / buyer will stick to the arranged agreement (payment etc).

It’s strange that this topic was brought up, because I was actually thinking of creating a crafting guild.

Maybe player trade can be suggested to Anet perhaps?.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

in Crafting

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

Like running around for hours to get 2 cayenne peppers is extremely annoying. Make more nods and in smaller areas. Not to mention the cloth you cant gather but can only obtain by chance (bags or salvaging). Anyone needing linen or cotton surely shares my frustration.
Somewhat related to Crafting: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop the squeaking at crafting stations. Seriously! I challenge any Anet employee to do any work with that constant squeak in their ears and not go insane after 15 mins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ I typically see this and faceplam … you’re inability to efficiently source your materials is not a reason to make it easier to get them.

For example .. you needed Cayenne peppers and you ran around for HOURS getting 2? Do you realize that you could have made the 9 silver they cost to buy off TP in a 15 minute round of Orr trash farming? The problem here isn’t that there is a lack of nodes dropping peppers ….

in Crafting

Cyto.9401

^^ I typically see this and faceplam … you’re inability to efficiently source your materials is not a reason to make it easier to get them.

For example .. you needed Cayenne peppers and you ran around for HOURS getting 2? Do you realize that you could have made the 9 silver they cost to buy off TP in a 15 minute round of Orr trash farming? The problem here isn’t that there is a lack of nodes dropping peppers ….

yup

also, there are plenty of recipes that make money even if you buy everything from the trade post. usually it goes like this:

i check my math sheet and decide what to craft this day
buy 1 or more stacks per mat required to make the crafting items (anything less is not fast enough money)
do dailies
get mats from the tp
teleport around to get the karma materials in bulk i need to make today’s recipes
go to cooking master and buy the flour/water/sugar/.. i need
craft
sell
repeat the previous, once each day, for a couple of months
buy legendary

i do agree though that the nodes should be more random.. let me explain.
every once in a while you get that gray vendor trash gathering mat right? in stead of that, why don’t it give a random mat based of a dynamic list of materials that are above the by arenanet projected price. lore wise it could be something like “oh you found a hidden cayenne pepper under these onions”. and it would balance the material prices better. also better for the farmers, cause they will be getting expensive materials even when farming lower level nodes!

in Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i don’t remember GW1 has any crafting in it and it was fun without it… weapon and upgrades you got are from drops.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Crafting

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Frankly the drop rates for Dragonite ore (even from the big bosses) and the empyreal fragment rate from chests is my big gripe. I have 4 ascended weapons and it is a real drag. Also too many of these items including the ascended items are account bound.

Emp frags are easy to get if you do dungeons quite a bit.

i don’t remember GW1 has any crafting in it and it was fun without it… weapon and upgrades you got are from drops.

GW1 did have crafting but it was more like vending tbh. You bring -insert items here- to -insert blacksmith here-

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Crafting

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

They should add special items. In WoW crafting is tedious too, but at least the crafted materials have some worth and I can sell it. Also, it adds unique stuff I can use. For example as an Engineer I can create a hang gliding device and only those people can craft that.

In GW2 there is simply no profit, you gain nothing, as even ascended crafting is only for yourself. The ascended crafting is made this way to diminish the massive supply of t3,4,5 mats. It’s a very cheap way to do that and only leads to the annoyance of the playerbase.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Crafting

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Just finished leveling my weapon crafting today. From 400-500 is not fun at all. After that I’m never leveling a crafting profession again. Having to craft hings I will never use/need is a pain, hen making very little off the sale of said items made the whole proses not fun at all. Not to mention he ascended weapons don’t look all hat great. Glad I have some tans gems handy so I could put a skin on I liked.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I’m not an old lady so I’ll never find crafting fun. Cooking is probably the least bad but the rest are terrible.

Am I the only one that finds crafting fun?

That’s because I am an old lady!

in Crafting

Sirendor.1394

Am I the only one that finds crafting fun?

That’s because I am an old lady!

Tbh… it’s still better to craft than to do champ trains. Gods, I always feel I don’t have a brain left after doing it half an hour. Might actually be asleep after an hour. xD

My post was just a “summary” (as far as it’s possible) to help the devs see what is wrong with crafting and what needs improvement (practically everything). Oh well.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The only way to achieve this at this point seems to be to nerf material prices and make craftable items equal price as drops.

I don’t think you understand how this economy operates.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Crafting…not profitable….?

Okay, I guess you won’t be making mountains of gold with it, but you can still make some decent coin. Even if you don’t make money off of it, you can still save money by making all your own stuff.

….Especially since I managed to make 20g-40g this week from crafting alone >.>;

in Crafting

Cyto.9401

Crafting…not profitable….?

Okay, I guess you won’t be making mountains of gold with it, but you can still make some decent coin. Even if you don’t make money off of it, you can still save money by making all your own stuff.

….Especially since I managed to make 20g-40g this week from crafting alone >.>;

its very possible, i have 800 gold all made with crafting and like 10 gold starting capital from leveling :p

in Crafting

Sirendor.1394

its very possible, i have 800 gold all made with crafting and like 10 gold starting capital from leveling :p

Please do share your divine knowledge, cause I never made any profit ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

The simple truth is, most people don’t understand supply & demand, you can make a profit, if you learn how!

1. go to
http://www.gw2spidy.com/

2. Select “Crafting” from the top menu, then select your crafting profession.

3. Look for items that you can craft that make a profit and have high demand and/or low supply.
- note: double check prices on the TP, just before you craft!

4. Craft item(s)
-note: try to find items where you have all or most of the material, so you can make it cheaply.

5. Sell item(s)
- note: it make take a few days to a couple of weeks to sell. The more expensive the longer it takes.

6. Go get your coin, Da’ you make a profit!

in Crafting

Cyto.9401

haha you see, thats no something ill do cause then i will make less profit cause more people will demand the resources i need, and even less profit cause those people will also undercut me. i will tell you this though.

lets take omnomberry pie at this time:
you can sell omnomberry pies at 4s at the moment.

to make an omnomberry pie youd have to buy 1 omnomberry from the trade post, 1 butter from the TP, 1 lemon (karma, in bulk), 1 sugar;starch;flour;water each for 8c (10 for 80 copper or 8c a piece).
lets add it together:
omnomberry: 2s06c
butter: 48c
lemon: 0c (karma)
sugar: 8c
starch: 8c
flour: 8c
water: 8c
———————————————————
2s86c total to craft omnomberry pie
it sells for 4s00c right now, but you also have to consider the 15% tax soooo:
4s00c * (100 -15) / 100 = 3s40c money in your pocket, if you sell it for 4s00c

to sum up, it costs 2s86c to craft omnomberry pie, and you make 3s40 per pie, so that is 54 copper profit right there. now making one pie is kinda silly i know, but consider making a stack of pies. thats 250*54 copper, that is 1g35s00c profit. now if you do this every day, and with more then one profitable recipe, eventually you will get to 800g.

protip: look into google spreadsheets and gw2trade.com’s api system, mix both up and you might be able to keep track of ALL interesting recipes at once without having to spend hours calculating each day!

in Crafting

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

haha you see, thats no something ill do cause then i will make less profit cause more people will demand the resources i need, and even less profit cause those people will also undercut me. i will tell you this though.

lets take omnomberry pie at this time:
you can sell omnomberry pies at 4s at the moment.

to make an omnomberry pie youd have to buy 1 omnomberry from the trade post, 1 butter from the TP, 1 lemon (karma, in bulk), 1 sugar;starch;flour;water each for 8c (10 for 80 copper or 8c a piece).
lets add it together:
omnomberry: 2s06c
butter: 48c
lemon: 0c (karma)
sugar: 8c
starch: 8c
flour: 8c
water: 8c
———————————————————
2s86c total to craft omnomberry pie
it sells for 4s00c right now, but you also have to consider the 15% tax soooo:
4s00c * (100 -15) / 100 = 3s40c money in your pocket, if you sell it for 4s00c

to sum up, it costs 2s86c to craft omnomberry pie, and you make 3s40 per pie, so that is 54 copper profit right there. now making one pie is kinda silly i know, but consider making a stack of pies. thats 250*54 copper, that is 1g35s00c profit. now if you do this every day, and with more then one profitable recipe, eventually you will get to 800g.

protip: look into google spreadsheets and gw2trade.com’s api system, mix both up and you might be able to keep track of ALL interesting recipes at once without having to spend hours calculating each day!

Shhh! Stop sharing all the marketing secrets!

in Crafting

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

yup

also, there are plenty of recipes that make money even if you buy everything from the trade post. usually it goes like this:

i check my math sheet and decide what to craft this day
buy 1 or more stacks per mat required to make the crafting items (anything less is not fast enough money)
do dailies
get mats from the tp
teleport around to get the karma materials in bulk i need to make today’s recipes
go to cooking master and buy the flour/water/sugar/.. i need
craft
sell
repeat the previous, once each day, for a couple of months
buy legendary

i do agree though that the nodes should be more random.. let me explain.
every once in a while you get that gray vendor trash gathering mat right? in stead of that, why don’t it give a random mat based of a dynamic list of materials that are above the by arenanet projected price. lore wise it could be something like “oh you found a hidden cayenne pepper under these onions”. and it would balance the material prices better. also better for the farmers, cause they will be getting expensive materials even when farming lower level nodes!

You lost me at math sheet……

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)